No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and then he gets booted through the gate and summarily forgotten.

All that buildup, all that potential, all for nothing. Bah.

Comment

Good posts.
      I never really considered it about him growing up, I can see how he might slowly feel doubt from being seen as the best to always second to someone he can't compete with, but at the point of Prophecy it seemed a bit sudden.
      Between Metamorphosis and Prophecy there were two episodes where he seemed to have no problem as part of the team and appeared to be fairly accepted, Forsaken and Memento, with only The Changling being consistent to allow the Prophecy feelings to make sense.
      They really should have had Prophecy much earlier in the season, or at least run out the last few episodes as:
      Metamorphosis, Disclosure, The Changling, Prophecy, Forsaken, Memento, Full Circle.

Incidentally, I thought Metamorphosis wasn't a very good Jonas ep in the end. They seemed to spend far too much time on Sam/Jack ship, and very little on his dilemma. That's probably why I didn't see it affecting his personality as much as it could have.

Hey Shadow he didn't get forgotten, they remembered him every time Anubis came up with something good, or something went wrong.

Oh, and apologies for my rather lousy episode title spellings (that's what you get working phonetically without checking).

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        Hey Shadow he didn't get forgotten, they remembered him every time Anubis came up with something good, or something went wrong.
        True. But I got tired of being labeled "bitter and cynical" every time I mentioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Yeah, and then he gets booted through the gate and summarily forgotten.

All that buildup, all that potential, all for nothing. Bah.

I must say I totally agree. He did a great job then gets forgottern about but why?????? I don't think it's right or fair! I love Jonas/Corin.

I acutally said to Corin, "I just loved the way you smiled all the time it made me smile"

Totally miss him. But I did a music video in his honor because I didn't really see very few or if any Jonas music videos.

BTW ShadowMaat, I was at the L3 Con last november! Small world!
          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
          The Strongest Will Survive!
          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
            I must say I totally agree. He did a great job then gets forgottern about but why?????? I don't think it's right or fair! I love Jonas/Corin.

I acutally said to Corin, "I just loved the way you smiled all the time it made me smile"

Totally miss him. But I did a music video in his honor because I didn't really see very few or if any Jonas music videos.

BTW ShadowMaat, I was at the L3 Con last november! Small world!
            I also loved both Corin and the character Jonas. I've just finished re-watching Homecoming, which irritated me all over again, but also noted something I hadn't before. I was watching it with the commentaries on DVD (Shanks is one of the persons doing the commmentary), and noted that, if you just listen, he sounds *really* threatened by Corin/Jonas. As well he should have been, since if it came down to a choice, I'd have taken Jonas any day over whineyDaniel.

It also irritated me that, during Jonas' good bye scene - for as small as it was - all MS could do was talk about how it compared to his *own* departure in Meridian. For an event that important, he should have stayed on topic, IMO.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              I also loved both Corin and the character Jonas. I've just finished re-watching Homecoming, which irritated me all over again, but also noted something I hadn't before. I was watching it with the commentaries on DVD (Shanks is one of the persons doing the commmentary), and noted that, if you just listen, he sounds *really* threatened by Corin/Jonas. As well he should have been, since if it came down to a choice, I'd have taken Jonas any day over whineyDaniel.
              I don't understand why it was MS, when it was CN who was leaving. Maybe it would of been better if someone else did the commentary. But of course this is just my opinion.

It also irritated me that, during Jonas' good bye scene - for as small as it was - all MS could do was talk about how it compared to his *own* departure in Meridian. For an event that important, he should have stayed on topic, IMO.
              I thought that the goodbye scene was abit rushed. I don't really watch that episode 'cause it kinda upsets me.

Another thing that annoys me is why people are so mean about him. Well you know everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my personal opinion some people take it abit to far.

Anyway lets talk about something more cheery! Anyone got anymore sexy pictures of Jonas/Corin????

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Hmm, feeling threatened by the man hired as his replacement, who impresses enough people to be originally planned as the lead on the spin-off.
                Nope, can't see it.

Anyway I'm with jannagalaxy, anyone got any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf

Anyway I'm with jannagalaxy, anyone got any pics?
                  PLEASE??????

Comment

PLEASE??????
                    Here are some from the infamous love scene in Mansquito. You can check them all out at the Corin Nemec Site.

http://www.corinnemec.com/man89.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man90.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man91.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man92.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man93.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man94.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man95.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man96.jpg
                    http://www.corinnemec.com/man99.jpg

Pretty steamy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                      Here are some from the infamous love scene in Mansquito. You can check them all out at the Corin Nemec Site.

Pretty steamy!!
                      Oh wow! He is really really sexy! Steamy??? That was so hot!

Comment

I know this has been mentioned before but,after having rewatched my S6 dvds,I felt like adding my 2 cents on the "Kelownan Kutie".

His enthusiasm & awe at what SG-1 had started to almost take for granted[IMO],was a reminder that what they did,was in fact,really,really,cool!
                        Was it "Decent" that had him commenting about being in space & how amazing it was?Teal'c got that little smile & agreed.Jonas was indeed a well needed shot in the arm!
                        While he is adorable,I feel he's almost too young for my "Thunking",.....notice I said "almost".I didn't rule it out !I'd love for him to come over & mow the lawn,shirtless of course.
                        Then again,hubby doesn't want anybody else messing with the yard.I'll just have to have "Jonas" come inside,program my VCR,& watch the weather channel with me .
                        nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Whats going on too much talkin and not much Thunkin.
                          C'mon, post more pics, peoples.

OH GOD Corin is HOT

Comment

Oh wow! He is really really sexy! Steamy??? That was so hot!
                            Yeah Steamy. Hot + sweaty = Steamy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                              Yeah Steamy. Hot + sweaty = Steamy.
                              It can be both!

Comment

Thunkers I have a pic for you!

Comment

Working...