X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Well . . . I feel real special . . . <pout>

(JK <g>)
    Awww! Buc252, we love you! (Hugs Buc252 too tight and makes her run away.) JK, too.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Dear diary,
      Am v.v.v annoyed/depressed.
      Humph.

1) Can't find that fic I mentioned. Can't even google it.
      2) To paraphrase Parker Lewis "smurf... don't help."
      http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/btsdescent7.jpg
      that's better
      Oh well, thanks for trying smurf. I really apprieciate it. It was sweet of you to try to find it. My Jonas clones sends you kisses and hugs to cheer you up.

Comment

Welcome back Jerin!! I hope you are feeling better. You have been missed. Hugs! I will send my Jonas clone over to smother you with hugs & kisses.

Comment

Glad to see you back Jerin!!!

I'll be putting my new chapter of my fanfic tomorrow evening (BST) that is.
          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
          The Strongest Will Survive!
          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Ok, pretty picture time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
              Welcome to the thread!

I do think Sam gave Jonas credit but that is the problem. It never came from Jack or Hammond just Sam or even Teal'c. I know that I wish he would have stayed on the show. I really liked his interaction with Daniel. I thought they got along rather well. I personally loved Sam in season 6. I think that was both Teal'c and Sam's strongest season. We got to see different sides of both characters in that season. I think this season would have been better if they would have brought Jonas back instead of bringing Cam in. Cam is a good character but I would prefer Jonas.
              Yes! And he is already established.

Was Corin available???

I thought both he and michael shanks worked well together. I thought we were going to get a 5 member SG1. I was dispointed he left. Or was pushed!

They took a whole season to build him up. then they wasted it!

He interacated well with everyone and the writers seemed to write him well on the whole.

He was a very likeable character

Comment

I am not happy with the Scifi board right now either and it has nothing to do with it not working. There is so much Jonas bashing going on. Everytime anyone starts a thread that has anything to do with Jonas/CN there are a couple of jerks that spam it with insults.
                I am sure you know I have been keeping up on 2005. I'm sorry I have not left reviews. Bad Anya. I know. I will work on that.

I know what you mean, normally there is a Jonas/ Corin thread up on the first few pages, but like you said, there is always that one or two guys that has to go in and do the insult thing. Then there are the flip floppers who will say they want Jonas back one day, and then change their minds in the same thread by saying something compleatly different the next. Drives me bonkers.

Thank you for keeping up with 2005. I don't mind it if you don't leave reviews all the time, I know you read it and that's the most important thing. What gets me is when people will review the thread with the stars system, but they won't say why they are giving it that ratings. Or how there are hundreds of people that look at it, but... I have no idea what they think of it!

Comment

I suppose she looks young which left me with the impression she came in as some sort of super prodigy.
                  She looks tiny because hanging around SG-1 is like walking in the Land of the Giants. All the guys are 6ft+, and I think Amanda's only just under it.

Welcome Queen Eleta.
                  Cassie would have been 17 during S6 wouldn't she. I can't remember when the telekenisis episode was.
                  I'd guess Jonas would be around 28 at that point (out of university then 6years of work up to Meridian), not an insurmoutable age gap but maybe too much for him?

What do other people think?
                  Well, ten years when one person is 40 and the other is 50 is nothing. But ten years when one of the partners is just barely of age - in this case, 17 - is a huge amount. Technically, she's still a child, and even 19 and 20 year olds these days don't behave like mature adults quite often. So, yes, I think in this case, it's insurmountable. Now if she were 27 and he were 38 . . .

As for the "land of giants," I agree, except that Jack even mentioned that she was 4'10" or something like that. (I believe that was in Proving Ground.) Dropping her height by six inches is a lot!
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Oh Buc252 I didn't mean it like that. I know you were here but several thunkers had not visited us yet this week. Please don't pout. I will send my Jonas clone over to make you feel better.
                    <dances gleefully> It worked, it worked!! <g>
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                      Don't worry your not the only one, the scifi board isn't loading for me either. I was so angry with it last night, I was like, "How's LJQ going to know I have a new chapter up!!!" I really look forward to your reviews.

2005 spoiler in white: Sam came up to the SGC to help Jack decide if he should take over Hammond's job in Washington.
                      Thanks for the spoiler. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that couldn't get the scifi board to come up. I'm glad you like me reviews. I have you on the list thing at fanfic.net that's supposed to tell you when a new chapter goes up. It didn't work this time but I did a search and was thrilled to find a new chapter.

Comment

Well, ten years when one person is 40 and the other is 50 is nothing. But ten years when one of the partners is just barely of age - in this case, 17 - is a huge amount. Technically, she's still a child, and even 19 and 20 year olds these days don't behave like mature adults quite often. So, yes, I think in this case, it's insurmountable. Now if she were 27 and he were 38 . . .

As for the "land of giants," I agree, except that Jack even mentioned that she was 4'10" or something like that. (I believe that was in Proving Ground.) Dropping her height by six inches is a lot!
                        Never trust Jack not to engage in hyperbole.
                        I wonder if they tried to find a really small actress but couldn't. I've got images of Elisabeth Rosen acting kneeling down just to get the line to work.

Since we're talking 'ship combinations. Jonas & Vala?
                        I could see her being disarmed by his sweetness.

Comment

Never trust Jack not to engage in hyperbole.
                          I wonder if they tried to find a really small actress but couldn't. I've got images of Elisabeth Rosen acting kneeling down just to get the line to work.

Since we're talking 'ship combinations. Jonas & Vala?
                          I could see her being disarmed by his sweetness.
                          For some reason Vala and Jonas doesn't seem right. But it would be nice to see her iritated by the fact he's not letting her run rings around him, unlike someone else. No names mentioned!
                          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                          The Strongest Will Survive!
                          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Was Corin available???

I thought both he and michael shanks worked well together. I thought we were going to get a 5 member SG1. I was dispointed he left. Or was pushed!

He interacated well with everyone and the writers seemed to write him well on the whole.

Corin has been busy recently, so I don't know if he was available. To be honest, I doubt he was asked.

They wasted it, and left it hanging. Remember Anubis' line from Homecoming?

I thought Joe & Paul, and Damian Kindler wrote the best Jonas. In the other episodes it felt like Corin's Jonas rather than the writer's.

Comment

Welcome back Jerin!! I hope you are feeling better. You have been missed. Hugs! I will send my Jonas clone over to smother you with hugs & kisses.
                              Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (Does happy dance & makes Jonas get the vaporup, although her symptoms are not cold related. Ouch! Got beat by the PG paddle.) I've missed this thread. There are some really sweet and smart people on this thread. It's good to be back.
                              Originally posted by Jannagalaxy
                              Glad to see you back Jerin!!!

I'll be putting my new chapter of my fanfic tomorrow evening (BST) that is.
                              Thanks, Janna. I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to the new chapter.
                              Originally posted by Coley

Was Corin available??? He has always said he'd be interested in working in the series. I find it hard to believe it was about his schedule. I read somewhere that they were supposed to do SGA w/ him, but dropped him.

I thought both he and michael shanks worked well together. I thought we were going to get a 5 member SG1. I was dispointed he left. Or was pushed! He didn't leave. TPTB bought out his contract.

Once again, you eloquently put in words my exact thoughts. I tried to give you green jello, but you know how it is. Next to Sam, he's my fav. character. Although this has been said on the forum b4, I think it needs mentioning that although he's technically an alien, he was more human than anyone on SGC, including Daniel, whom I also love.
                              Originally posted by AmandaEros
                              I know what you mean, normally there is a Jonas/ Corin thread up on the first few pages, but like you said, there is always that one or two guys that has to go in and do the insult thing. Then there are the flip floppers who will say they want Jonas back one day, and then change their minds in the same thread by saying something compleatly different the next. Drives me bonkers.
                              I can only imagine. I just don't understand how people can find the time to spend so much energy on someone they don't even like. I don't bother writing about characters I don't love, like Vala. These people need jobs. JK.

I always love your posts. Tried to also give you green jello, but you know the story. I agree about the 10 year diff being bigger when it's those ages. I also agree that in real life, people do act immature. This is OT, but I find it hard to date guys around my age cuz they're so immature. You're right about Jack mentioning how tiny she was in Proving Ground. I'm not sure who I'd wanna see Jonas w/. If not me, then Janna. She's met him & I know she'd treat him well. Jannagalaxy, I think I just gave you a plot bunny.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                              Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                                For some reason Vala and Jonas doesn't seem right. But it would be nice to see her iritated by the fact he's not letting her run rings around him, unlike someone else. No names mentioned!
                                We might see her softer side, or even smarter side, when she works out the usual doesn't have an effect.
                                I can definately see her irritated. I can also see her picking on someone else (Mitchell) in an attempt to make him jealous.

Comment

Working...
                                X