Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
    Have a great weekend, everyone! It's time to get my two Jonas clones whisked away to where the PG paddle won't find us. Thanks again for the loan, Jerin.
    I'm sorry you have a cold. How do you feel today? Being sick sucks. You're most welcome. Thanks for taking such good care of him while I was out sick with the stomach bug. Yuck! I wouldn't want him to get sick, too. If he was there, I'd insist on him being in bed w/ me. No, Anya! I didn't mean that in a naughty way. I meant to take care of me lying down ....er make soup for me & such.
    Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
    Hi Jerin. Hi everyone. I've been around - just couldn't get the board up. I usually blame things like that on dial-up but I could access other boards so I guess I can't blame dial-up this time.LOL
    Hi, there! Waves enthusiastically.
    Originally posted by Anyagate
    Where's Jerin? I am starting to wonder about her. She is neglecting her thunking duties. Admiral, I think corrective punishment will be in order when she returns.
    Originally posted by Admiral Q O
    We'll send my Evil Danny over...she won't be able to wander off once he's done with her feet. Didn't she have a paper to write or a test to study for or something?
    Yes, I should definitely be punished. Send over your Jonas & Danny clones.
    Originally posted by wallpaperman
    Dear Stargate community,

I had a chat recently with Corin Nemec and he told me that he would love to return in Stargate!

"Yes, I would love to come back to SG1. Even for one episode. I have thought about possible storylines, but at present have not approached anyone up there about them. Perhaps I will have to do that soon!"

Good news! Maybe we will see him in the next season!
    Read the full interview there: http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...n_nemec_01.htm
    Thanks so much for the link & welcome to the thread! We LOVE new inmates in the asylum...er...people who appreciate Jonas.
    Originally posted by Buc252
    Earlier today I was thinking about Jonas and Jack, trying to place their relationship, and what I settled on is that Jack is either a father figure, or maybe more a "big brother" figure. Jonas definitely looks up to him and emulates him, but not quite as affectionate as a father. So maybe big brother is correct. Thoughts?
    Yes, Jonas started that downward slide for Teal'c away from his Jaffa-ness, no wonder he's having problems in S9.
    Does anyone think Teal'c cast himself as Jonas' Bratac? He sees the parallels in their situation, and makes it his job to help Jonas through the whole traitor thing.
    For Sam, Jonas (no. 2) seems to have been her best/simpliest relationship on the show. She's just so relaxed around him.
    As always, you make great observations. I tried to green rep you, but you know how it is.
    Originally posted by Coley
    I'm a Sam fan. I think she did give credit to Jonas where appropriate.

I thought he was a great character and they should have kept him on the show. Then there wouldn't be the problems we are having now. Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c and Sam would do fine for me. I liked the fact he interacted well with everone and that he was smart - the great thing was that he saw things Sam didn't - what a great addition to the team!!
    ((((Coley)))) It's good to see you on this thread. I'm also a big Sam fan. Unfortunately, Sam not giving Jonas credit has to do more w/ the writing than Sam herself.
    Originally posted by smurf
    Welcome to the thread!

She probably did more often than we're mentioning, cos Sam's nice like that. It just kinda got ignored by people like Jack and Hammond.

I love the fluidity of the team dynamic in S6, but (unlike TPTB) I can definately see a Sam, Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c team working. For a start it would have allowed Sam to LEAD while Jonas could deal with the science, and everyone could be carefully pigeon-holed.

ETA: Anya beat me to it.
    You guys are so good! It's like you're reading my thoughts and eloquently putting them to paper.
    Congrats to Anya on 400, Buc252 on 600, Coley on 500 and our Queen, Admiral on 2,300 posts!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Dear diary,
      Am v.v.v annoyed/depressed.
      Humph.

1) Can't find that fic I mentioned. Can't even google it.
      2) To paraphrase Parker Lewis "smurf... don't help."

that's better

Comment

Dear diary,
        Am v.v.v annoyed/depressed.
        Humph.

1) Can't find that fic I mentioned. Can't even google it.
        2) To paraphrase Parker Lewis "smurf... don't help."

that's better
        Is that this one you're looking for ?
        http://users.skynet.be/semperarchive...zenground.html
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Is that this one you're looking for ?
          http://users.skynet.be/semperarchive...zenground.html
          Unfortunately not.
          If I remember correctly it's all first-person from Aiyana's POV, and she refers to Jonas as her sweet, smiling boy. Daniel's also there in spirit, but not named, and he's looking out for everyone, esp Jack (suggested relationship).

Ring any bells?

Comment

Unfortunately not.
            If I remember correctly it's all first-person from Aiyana's POV, and she refers to Jonas as her sweet, smiling boy. Daniel's also there in spirit, but not named, and he's looking out for everyone, esp Jack (suggested relationship).

Ring any bells?
            I'm afraid no. But I swear I've read somewhere a story where an ascended Ayiana visits the SGC with Daniel, Orlin and Oma. If only I could remember where.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I think Cassie might be a little young for him. In fact, isn't Hailey about the same age?

Ayianna definately his girl, but I can't help thinking of a line from Firefly about being "all gross and corpsified."
              I'd think that Hailey must be substantially older than Cassie. I got the impression that Jennifer had already finished college to have gotten into the academy at that degree, just as Sam did. (I tried to find her age - or, rather, Elisabeth Rosen's age, online with no success. I did find out, however, that she's a surprising 5'4" tall. She looks *so* much smaller than that on SG.)

Anyway, I place her somewhere in the 22-23 year old range.

As much as I loved Jonas' interaction with Ayianna, I think it would have been just too . . . weird for it to have gotten romantic. I mean, she's been asleep for thousands of years, he's one of the first humans she meets . . . it's a little too much like a doctor/patient syndrome for me.

JMO, of course.
              Last edited by Buc252; 04 October 2005, 06:13 PM.
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                Where the heck have all the Jonas thunkers gone the past week or so? It is kind of quite in here. I'm all alone with occasion visits from Smurf. Jonas is getting lonely.
                Well . . . I feel real special . . . <pout>

(JK <g>)
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I'd think that Hailey must be substantially older than Cassie. I got the impression that Jennifer had already finished college to have gotten into the academy at that degree, just as Sam did. (I tried to find her age - or, rather, Elisabeth Rosen's age, online with no success. I did find out, however, that she's a surprising 5'4" tall. She looks *so* much smaller than that on SG.)

As much as I loved Jonas' interaction with Ayianna, I think it would have been just too . . . weird for it to have gotten romantic. I mean, she's been asleep for thousands of years, he's one of the first humans she meets . . . it's a little too much like a doctor/patient syndrome for me.

JMO, of course.

Hi all, I've been lurking a bit, but there was talk at the RDA thread of snogging going on here, so , of course, I'm here!

FYI, the Academy counts as college, enter right from H.S. Jennifer could have had a degree she earned concurrently with completing HS, which would not be surprising, and she would have to graduated academy before 'Proving Ground' and completed the 90 day 'wonder' (officer's training program) to get to the point of being considered for an SG team. So, I would say, 22-23 at the youngest by 'Proving Ground' time which was in S5, so she could be 27-28, or a bit older. Which is not too young to be involve with anyone of any age, especially since he just sooooo.... *sigh* I think they would be cute together. IMO.
                  Oh, and I think Cassie just started college, if I remember right.
                  sig by PM

Comment

Hi all. I'm around - I'm waiting on some stuff for a class I'm taking. And I've been unable to get the scifi board to load so I'm behind in my thread reading/posting there. Not to mention I've got a case of writers block going on - I'm considering asking this one writer on fanfic.net for permission to make their ficlet into a longer story. I'll try to improve on my posting here so that Jonas and everyone doesn't feel abandoned.

Comment

Hello.

Just dropping by to say hi. Hi and how is Jonas? Cute as always.

Uh, OMG that is not cute that is hot.

Comment

I suppose she looks young which left me with the impression she came in as some sort of super prodigy.
                        She looks tiny because hanging around SG-1 is like walking in the Land of the Giants. All the guys are 6ft+, and I think Amanda's only just under it.

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                        Hi all, I've been lurking a bit, but there was talk at the RDA thread of snogging going on here, so , of course, I'm here!

Oh, and I think Cassie just started college, if I remember right.
                        Welcome Queen Eleta.
                        Cassie would have been 17 during S6 wouldn't she. I can't remember when the telekenisis episode was.
                        I'd guess Jonas would be around 28 at that point (out of university then 6years of work up to Meridian), not an insurmoutable age gap but maybe too much for him?

What do other people think?

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
                          Hi all. I'm around - I'm waiting on some stuff for a class I'm taking. And I've been unable to get the scifi board to load so I'm behind in my thread reading/posting there. Not to mention I've got a case of writers block going on - I'm considering asking this one writer on fanfic.net for permission to make their ficlet into a longer story. I'll try to improve on my posting here so that Jonas and everyone doesn't feel abandoned.
                          Don't worry your not the only one, the scifi board isn't loading for me either. I was so angry with it last night, I was like, "How's LJQ going to know I have a new chapter up!!!" I really look forward to your reviews.

2005 spoiler in white: Sam came up to the SGC to help Jack decide if he should take over Hammond's job in Washington.

Comment

Well . . . I feel real special . . . <pout>

(JK <g>)
                            Oh Buc252 I didn't mean it like that. I know you were here but several thunkers had not visited us yet this week. Please don't pout. I will send my Jonas clone over to make you feel better.

Comment

Hold on, that's not a fic hint is it?
                              Nooooooooo! You can't do that!

Hehe! Yeah it is. lol. I know I shouldn't do this, but I'm just so proud of my work. hehe! I post my fics on this sight, fanfiction, and several others. However on this sight they are in full text, and on fanfiction.net they are broken up into chapters.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/710648/ This is a link to my Amanda Eros page on fanfiction.net.

The Ancient Connection Series:
                              Prequil) The Bittersweet Return Home - Upon returning home, Jonas Quinn finds out that the transition back to his old life isn't what he expected it to be. (Compleatly from Jonas's point of view)

1) The Last of Her Kind - The sole survivor of the Ancient race stumbles upon a respository of knowledge. Having done this will change her life forever. (Jonas is in this one, but does not have any lines... This one introduces my origional character, Kyna Dior.)

2) What Might Come to Pass - It features what Jonas Quinn went through after the Urn was opened. (This one is basically what happened to Jonas during The Last of Her Kind)

3) The Enslaved - It deals with what happened to the Tollan and some Jaffa. Along with some personal issues that the Ancient known as Kyna must face. (Jonas is not in this one. However there is some backstory on Kyna.)

4) Negotiations - Odd occurances happen when Samantha Carter, and several scientists go to Langara to give them sheilding technology. At the same time the Asgard show up and that just the beginning. (Lots of Jonas in this one, Jonas/Kyna shipage begins)

5) 2005 - Daniel Jackson and SG7 return to Langara to assist with their shielding technology. However there is more going on in the background then they are aware of. Deals are being made and Daniel's life is put on the line. (Lots of Jonas, Daniel too, along with Jonas/Kyna shipage. This one isn't complete yet.)

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                                Don't worry your not the only one, the scifi board isn't loading for me either. I was so angry with it last night, I was like, "How's LJQ going to know I have a new chapter up!!!" I really look forward to your reviews.

2005 spoiler in white: Sam came up to the SGC to help Jack decide if he should take over Hammond's job in Washington.
                                I am not happy with the Scifi board right now either and it has nothing to do with it not working. There is so much Jonas bashing going on. Everytime anyone starts a thread that has anything to do with Jonas/CN there are a couple of jerks that spam it with insults.
                                I am sure you know I have been keeping up on 2005. I'm sorry I have not left reviews. Bad Anya. I know. I will work on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X