Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    He chose Jonas so he wouldn't get stuck with a "damn Russian". Nothing more, nothing less, IMO. Only the fact that Sam and Teal'c had mentioned him made him a candidate. Picking someone THEY chose is much easier than doing the work himself to figure out who "deserves" to be on the team or learning that Jonas IS the best choice. He didn't care who it was as long as it wasn't a Russian. Jonas was the lesser of two evils... and it was probably a close call, at that.
    Wow, I don't agree with you folks at all!! Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. Once Jack accepted Jonas as a member of his team, I saw nothing but respect for him. Or, at least the same amount of respect he gave Sam and Daniel when *they* were newcomers. Yes, he still had to look out for him, being the newbie, but I never saw anything Jack did as against him.

As for the Metamorphosis scene, I'm sure that they all figured that since he was feeling fine, and he *did* have different experiences with Nirrti than the other experimentees, that there was no need to put him back in the machine.

C'mon, give Jack a break! He was *great* with Jonas, all things considered.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      I don't see it. But then, I don't HAVE to see it. This is a JONAS appreciation thread, not a Jack one!

And I do wuv my Jonas.

Comment

It's the "all things considered" factor that was the problem. He could have got it together and started being friendlier to Jonas a bit sooner.
        That said it's all in the writing rather than anything else, the end of Shadow Play in the Kelownan meeting room was good, when he looked really quite sorry for the kid.

It would have been sooo great if they had another couple of seasons together, once Jack's attitude had defrosted.

Comment

I think that in Shadow Play, not only Jack, but everyone on the team realised how hard it was for Jonas to go back to Kelowna.

And I agree that more seasons with Jonas on the team would have been great.

Now back to the main topic :

Do you realize that no one ever posted here a picture of the infamous banana scene ?
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

A few more pics needed I think.

"Why are you looking at me?"
            Silly question

How team SG-1 should have been the last few seasons. *Sigh*

The wardrobe department did a great job in Nightwalkers. Now if someone would give Corin a part where he dresses like this all the time...

Comment

You know, nightwalkers has got to be one of my favorite eps. It just played so well and the plot was so good and JONAS IS HOT! oh geez...where did that come from. He has the cutest expressions in those pics.
              "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
              "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
              Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
              Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
              "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
              Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
              Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
              (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Here's another one from Nightstalkers

Doesn't he look adorable... doesn't he just cry out for a hug?

Teal'c's not the only one who can do the eyebrow thing.
                Last edited by Easter Lily; 11 March 2005, 11:53 PM.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Wow, I don't agree with you folks at all!! Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. Once Jack accepted Jonas as a member of his team, I saw nothing but respect for him. Or, at least the same amount of respect he gave Sam and Daniel when *they* were newcomers. Yes, he still had to look out for him, being the newbie, but I never saw anything Jack did as against him.
                  Personally, I saw glimpses of it... the little smiles and some moments of understanding... unfortunately neither was given time to develop the relationship fully. I think that was the real tragedy of Season 6... they introduced this amiable, intelligent character who was brimming with enthusiasm... he got under our skins and then got unceremoniously removed.

Man... I really need to get my own Season 6 box set...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Man... I really need to get my own Season 6 box set...
                    Definitely the best one ! I'm never bored of it. Season 6 is so fun, interesting, full of enthusiasm. I so love it.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Mansquito is on and I'm watching it. I was about to switch off though because the "mansquito" was kinda icky. Then Corin Nemic showed up and he looks sooo good that I think I'll stick it out.
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Here's another one from Nightstalkers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tstalkers4.jpg

Doesn't he look adorable... doesn't he just cry out for a hug?

Teal'c's not the only one who can do the eyebrow thing.
                        I love his dimples . . . He's so adorable. (Even if he is too young for me. <g>)
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I love his dimples . . . He's so adorable. (Even if he is too young for me. <g>)
                          He may be too old for you (the same as me), but there is a saying: You may be on a diet but you can still look at the menu. ANd I do!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            He may be too old for you (the same as me), but there is a saying: You may be on a diet but you can still look at the menu. ANd I do!
                            Greytop, are you combining the CN thread and the food thread?
                            And who wants to be on a stinkin' diet?
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              LOL...
                              If "diet" is a dirty word for you BlueIris... a variation on that could be... "You may be full and quite satisfied but there's no law against looking at the menu..".
                              sigpic

Comment

Too true! *nods*

Hurrah!!!!!!!!! A Jonas thread ... *hugs thread* I love Jonas!

Some of the pics are real nice - but I'm upset at the lack of Jonas sigs; oh well dosn't matter.

*shudders at the word diet* Yuckie ... food is good.
                                Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X