Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anyagate1
    LOL! Attila the Hun! Chasing nurses! Funny, but true.
    Actually, I found Janet and Jonas' relationship totally fascinating - now SHE was his "mother figure." I always remember that scene where she tells him that he doesn't have to keep proving himself over and over. It was something that needed saying, but I don't think that he expected anybody to ever say it. She truly cared for him. (And no, just 'cause she's a mother figure does not mean I like Jonas/Cassie fic, which is definitely not my cup of tea. <g>)
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

I also loved the dynamics in Season 6. It was unlike all we had seen before. Sam and Teal'c were more important because they had room for other interactions. On the previous seasons almost everything on the team was built around the Jack/Daniel dynamic. Not that it was wrong but it let nothing or almost nothing for the others. I think it was fun to explore and see the new Sam and Teal'c because of Jonas. And I think it would have been much more better to keep him on the team and see him develop a new interaction with Daniel. I wanted very badly a five man team for season 7. And I can also see the Sam, Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c team working. What a pity TPTB missed this golden opportunity.
      I agree with almost everything you said - especially the part abuo tthe five-man team - but I don't know about the Jack/Daniel dynamic being so focused in seasons 1-5. I really didn't see that nearly as much as some of the fans seem to have *wanted* to see it. They were often separated, Sam with Daniel and Jack with Teal'c, and when they were, they fought like cats and dogs. If they didn't have Sam to intervene, there probably would have been
      bruising and/or bloodshed.

The movie was definitely two-man centered, but from the premier on, I think the fandom has taken great liberties with what was really on the screen. <g>
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        Yep, she should definately be with Jack (but quietly. Threads was too much for me).
        I can see Jonas having a teeny-weeny crush on her though.

Falling for a blond scientist in Fallout, what's that all about?
        When Jonas comes back to the SGC (which we all know will be soon ), he'll probably encounter a certain young blonde astrophysicist who is very Sam-like. Jonas & Jennifer . . . nice ring to it, huh? <g>

I actually always saw her with Graham Simmons, but she might be a better match for Jonas!
        - Mary

Comment

I try to hover but I'm easily distrac...

You should have gone for the holding hands pic:

Aww, Sam/Jonas ship.
          What episode is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by Proxy
            What episode is that from?
            "Sight Unseen"

I personaly think that Jonas did that as a kinda joke to wind Sam up. heheheheeheee!
            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
            The Strongest Will Survive!
            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              When Jonas comes back to the SGC (which we all know will be soon ), he'll probably encounter a certain young blonde astrophysicist who is very Sam-like. Jonas & Jennifer . . . nice ring to it, huh? <g>

I actually always saw her with Graham Simmons, but she might be a better match for Jonas!
              I'm assuming you mean Lt. Hailey. I think she might be too much for him.
              Now I've seen Parker Lewis I can so see her as his annoying little sister.

Comment

I'm assuming you mean Lt. Hailey. I think she might be too much for him.
                Now I've seen Parker Lewis I can so see her as his annoying little sister.
                As usual I agree with you Smurf. I can not see him with Hailey or Cassie. Although I like both characters I do not think either one is a match for Jonas. Hailey is a little firecracker and Jonas is to laid back. Cassie... I can not really say why I don't like this match but I just don't. And ok, I'll just say it and admit I am petty but I do not think either one is pretty enough for him either. Not that being as attractive as the other person is everything but it is still important. Alright, I admitted it. I'm petty. This is his girl in my opinion.
                Last edited by Anyagate1; 04 October 2005, 05:45 AM.

Comment

As usual I agree with you Smurf. I can not see him with Hailey or Cassie. Although I like both characters I do not think either one is a match for Jonas. Hailey is a little firecracker and Jonas is to laid back. Cassie... I can not really say why I don't like this match but I just don't. And ok, I'll just say it and admit I am petty but I do not think either one is pretty enough for him either. Not that being as attractive as the other person is everything but it is still important. Alright, I admitted it. I'm petty. This is his girl in my opinion.
                  I think Cassie might be a little young for him. In fact, isn't Hailey about the same age?

Ayianna definately his girl, but I can't help thinking of a line from Firefly about being "all gross and corpsified."

Comment

I think Cassie might be a little young for him. In fact, isn't Hailey about the same age?
                    I think they are both about the same age and yep I agree too young. He is a man and to me they are young girls...not women. I got beat up at a Jonas/Cassie Ship Discussion thread for saying that.
                    Ayianna definately his girl, but I can't help thinking of a line from Firefly about being "all gross and corpsified."
                    Oh Smurf, what are we going to do with you? *hangs and shakes head disapprovingly*

Comment

I think they are both about the same age and yep I agree too young. He is a man and to me they are young girls...not women. I got beat up at a Jonas/Cassie Ship Discussion thread for saying that.

Oh Smurf, what are we going to do with you? *hangs and shakes head disapprovingly*
                      I think Jonas would see her as too young. Jonas isn't that modern, and I'm sure he views anyone under a certain age as still a child.
                      There's some good fics by a writer called Pike2 who solved the problem by simply re-aging Jonas down a bit.

On the other hand, isn't Ayianna a few thousand years too old for him? (as well as being grosse and corpsified ).

Plot bunny needs a time machine.

Comment

I think Jonas would see her as too young. Jonas isn't that modern, and I'm sure he views anyone under a certain age as still a child.
                        There's some good fics by a writer called Pike2 who solved the problem by simply re-aging Jonas down a bit.
                        Agreed. I have read some of Pike2's fanfics. Good stuff. I have read just about every Jonas fic I can find. Except the some of the slashy stuff...nothing wrong with it but it is just not my thing.
                        On the other hand, isn't Ayianna a few thousand years too old for him? (as well as being grosse and corpsified ).
                        Plot bunny needs a time machine.
                        Quit ruining my Jonas/Ayianna ship idea with your incessant teasing! AU ok. AU. No grosse and no corpsified. Sooo she is a few thousand years old but relatively speaking they are about the same age. If she had not been frozen for a few thousand years, ok. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

Where the heck have all the Jonas thunkers gone the past week or so? It is kind of quite in here. I'm all alone with occasion visits from Smurf. Jonas is getting lonely.

Comment

Agreed. I have read some of Pike2's fanfics. Good stuff. I have read just about every Jonas fic I can find. Except the some of the slashy stuff...nothing wrong with it but it is just not my thing.

Quit ruining my Jonas/Ayianna ship idea with your incessant teasing! AU ok. AU. No grosse and no corpsified. Sooo she is a few thousand years old but relatively speaking they are about the same age. If she had not been frozen for a few thousand years, ok. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Pike2 is terrific!

And don't worry about the Jonas/Aiyanna fic getting ruined. The age difference won't matter. Jonas is a very progressive Kelownan.

Comment

T-shirt time!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                                Pike2 is terrific!

And don't worry about the Jonas/Aiyanna fic getting ruined. The age difference won't matter. Jonas is a very progressive Kelownan.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...as/probie1.jpg
                                Thanks Admiral, I knew I could count on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X