Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anyagate1
    I really liked that Teal'c had more spotlight in Season 6 because of his interaction with Jonas. They really understood each other. It was nice to see Sam's sense of humor as well because of Jonas. She always teased him. It was cute.
    Yes, Jonas started that downward slide for Teal'c away from his Jaffa-ness, no wonder he's having problems in S9.
    Does anyone think Teal'c cast himself as Jonas' Bratac? He sees the parallels in their situation, and makes it his job to help Jonas through the whole traitor thing.
    For Sam, Jonas (no. 2) seems to have been her best/simpliest relationship on the show. She's just so relaxed around him.

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
    Good points!

Jonas was the little brother, who brought out the softer side of everyone on the show. Even Janet seemed less Attila the Hun with Jonas chasing after her nurses.
    That's another relationship I liked, and we got to see more of Janet with his endless trips to the infirmary.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Yes, Jonas started that downward slide for Teal'c away from his Jaffa-ness, no wonder he's having problems in S9.
      Does anyone think Teal'c cast himself as Jonas' Bratac? He sees the parallels in their situation, and makes it his job to help Jonas through the whole traitor thing.
      I agree that in a way Teal'c cast himself as Jonas' Bratac. He was always looking out for Jonas and teaching what he could about earth. He was also always there to remind him that even though he may have betrayed him own people that he still did the right thing and that what he did was best for his people in the long run.

For Sam, Jonas (no. 2) seems to have been her best/simpliest relationship on the show. She's just so relaxed around him.
      So true. I think one of the things that made Sam comfortable around him was that frankly, he could understand the techo-babble that she always says. I think it was nice for her not to have to explain everything in detail to someone. He was on her level with that. She also I think enjoyed how lighthearted he was. That she could smile and joke with him and yet still get the job done. It has been said before but they really did have a brother-sister relationship. You can see how comfortable they were with each other especially in Fallout where she wants him to spill it about his relationship with...oh shoot what was her name!! I can't think of it but you all know who I am talking about.

That's another relationship I liked, and we got to see more of Janet with his endless trips to the infirmary.
      He did spend alot of time there, didn't he? LOL.

Comment

So true. I think one of the things that made Sam comfortable around him was that frankly, he could understand the techo-babble that she always says. I think it was nice for her not to have to explain everything in detail to someone. He was on her level with that. She also I think enjoyed how lighthearted he was. That she could smile and joke with him and yet still get the job done. It has been said before but they really did have a brother-sister relationship. You can see how comfortable they were with each other especially in Fallout where she wants him to spill it about his relationship with...oh shoot what was her name!! I can't think of it but you all know who I am talking about.
        Kianna something.

It was probably also nice for Sam not to have to come up with all the ideas all the time.

Comment

Comment

The gal in Fallout was Kyanna.

Comment

Kianna something.

It was probably also nice for Sam not to have to come up with all the ideas all the time.
              That's it! Kyanna. Thanks! Your right about that. One thing that actually irritates me when I watch those episodes is how many times Jonas comes up with an idea that ends up saving the day and how many times Sam actually ends up getting the credit. It really bugs me. Hammond or Jack will always say "good job" or "nicely done" to Sam but it rarely happens to Jonas. At then end of the day even if it was his idea, she gets the credit. Not that she is usually not deserving of some of it, but not all of it. *Ducks flying objects being tossed by Sam fans*

Comment

That's it! Kyanna. Thanks! Your right about that. One thing that actually irritates me when I watch those episodes is how many times Jonas comes up with an idea that ends up saving the day and how many times Sam actually ends up getting the credit. It really bugs me. Hammond or Jack will always say "good job" or "nicely done" to Sam but it rarely happens to Jonas. At then end of the day even if it was his idea, she gets the credit. Not that she is usually not deserving of some of it, but not all of it. *Ducks flying objects being tossed by Sam fans*
                Hey, she did mention his help at least once. Or once.

Mind you, the Sam fans would probably find it useful ammo in the war against the Anti-Sams' view of SuperSam!

Comment

Mind you, the Sam fans would probably find it useful ammo in the war against the Anti-Sams' view of SuperSam!

Maybe
                  Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                  The Strongest Will Survive!
                  I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/r2cap4.jpg
                    Lol. See once, and she gave him the credit...in Redemption. That was it as far as I can remember. I did not know they needed ammo. I did not even know there was a war against the Anti-Sams' view of SuperSam. Interesting. Mind you I am fan of Sam as well just not of SuperSam Saves the Day every single episode. *<Sings> Sam is here to save the day!* (Like the mighty mouse theme.) Hee Hee!

Comment

Lol. See once, and she gave him the credit...in Redemption. That was it as far as I can remember. I did not know they needed ammo. I did not even know there was a war against the Anti-Sams' view of SuperSam. Interesting. Mind you I am fan of Sam as well just not of SuperSam Saves the Day every single episode. *<Sings> Sam is here to save the day!* (Like the mighty mouse theme.) Hee Hee!
                      Been wanderin' the threads (fan of Sam as well, esp. because of S6 - she got fun ), seems there are some who think it can only be a Sam or [insert name here] situation. Hopefully it's died down a touch.
                      Might have fanned the flames a bit because of the reply we got re: Jonas and $$$.

LOL, Mighty Mouse I remember him. Not a patch on Danger Mouse...
                      or the more relevant Bananaman...
                      Aaah, children's TV.

Comment

I'm a Sam fan. I think she did give credit to Jonas where appropriate.

I thought he was a great character and they should have kept him on the show. Then there wouldn't be the problems we are having now. Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c and Sam would do fine for me. I liked the fact he interacted well with everone and that he was smart - the great thing was that he saw things Sam didn't - what a great addition to the team!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

I thought he was a great character and they should have kept him on the show. Then there wouldn't be the problems we are having now. Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c and Sam would do fine for me. I liked the fact he interacted well with everone and that he was smart - the great thing was that he saw things Sam didn't - what a great addition to the team!!
                          Welcome to the thread!

I do think Sam gave Jonas credit but that is the problem. It never came from Jack or Hammond just Sam or even Teal'c. I know that I wish he would have stayed on the show. I really liked his interaction with Daniel. I thought they got along rather well. I personally loved Sam in season 6. I think that was both Teal'c and Sam's strongest season. We got to see different sides of both characters in that season. I think this season would have been better if they would have brought Jonas back instead of bringing Cam in. Cam is a good character but I would prefer Jonas.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Welcome to the thread!

She probably did more often than we're mentioning, cos Sam's nice like that. It just kinda got ignored by people like Jack and Hammond.

I love the fluidity of the team dynamic in S6, but (unlike TPTB) I can definately see a Sam, Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c team working. For a start it would have allowed Sam to LEAD while Jonas could deal with the science, and everyone could be carefully pigeon-holed.

ETA: Anya beat me to it.

Comment

Welcome to the thread!

She probably did more often than we're mentioning, cos Sam's nice like that. It just kinda got ignored by people like Jack and Hammond.

I love the fluidity of the team dynamic in S6, but (unlike TPTB) I can definately see a Sam, Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c team working. For a start it would have allowed Sam to LEAD while Jonas could deal with the science, and everyone could be carefully pigeon-holed.

ETA: Anya beat me to it.
                              Well said Smurf. Sorry I beat you to it. I'm a Jonas stalk...I mean thunker first as Jerin would say. I hover here.

Comment

Well said Smurf. Sorry I beat you to it. I'm a Jonas stalk...I mean thunker first as Jerin would say. I hover here.

I try to hover but I'm easily distrac...

You should have gone for the holding hands pic:

Aww, Sam/Jonas ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X