No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing catch-up on the thread. And maybe it's just me but I've been unable to get the board to come up the last couple of days.

Congratulation, Admiral Q O on over 1,800 posts.

Welcome to the new posters in the thread.

Interesting comments from MS about Jonas's final scenes. I love the character of Daniel and it was nice to get him back but his return should not have meant we had to give up Jonas. As for the goodbye scenes, Jonas totally should have been given one-on-one time to say goodbye to people - Jonas deserved it, Corin deserved it, and the fans deserved it. As much as I may like Daniel, I'd choose Jonas over him easily. What can I say, I'm a Jonas fan first.

Janna, I love hearing your stories and the baseball cap one was wonderful. I know I'd be shouting for him to take off his hat so that his face could be seen.

Originally Posted by Amanda Eros
    I just thought of something that could be scarry. Now I haven't read the spoilers, but wouldn't it be horrible if TPTB used this ripple effect idea to say that Daniel never died at the end of season 5? And that Jonas never joined the team? (I just hope that by posting this I'm not giving them that idea.) Or even have his planet already destoryed due to fighting or what happened in "Fallout" and his character perished at the same time. I would be so mad if they did that! I just hope that they don't!
    Nooo! Don't think things like that or else I'll be running right along with
    Jerin. Maybe they could make the ripple effect lead to the return of Jonas to the team. With the Orii as the new enemy, now is the perfect time to bring Jonas back to SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
      Jerin. Maybe they could make the ripple effect lead to the return of Jonas to the team. With the Orii as the new enemy, now is the perfect time to bring Jonas back to SG-1.
      I agree now would be the best time to bring him back. They could have a prior visit his homeworld, and Jonas could go to the SGC to tell them about it. Once there the Pior revisits the planet and due to their lack of unity or something like that he destorys it or something like that. Now, poor Jonas has no where to go, he has to stay on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
        I'm playing catch-up on the thread. And maybe it's just me but I've been unable to get the board to come up the last couple of days.
        Interesting comments from MS about Jonas's final scenes. I love the character of Daniel and it was nice to get him back but his return should not have meant we had to give up Jonas. As for the goodbye scenes, Jonas totally should have been given one-on-one time to say goodbye to people - Jonas deserved it, Corin deserved it, and the fans deserved it. As much as I may like Daniel, I'd choose Jonas over him easily. What can I say, I'm a Jonas fan first.

Janna, I love hearing your stories and the baseball cap one was wonderful. I know I'd be shouting for him to take off his hat so that his face could be seen.

((((((LJQ))))) (Waves enthusiastically.) Great to have you back. I was wondering where you've been. Speaking of which, where is everybody else?
        Originally posted by AmandaEros
        I agree now would be the best time to bring him back. They could have a prior visit his homeworld, and Jonas could go to the SGC to tell them about it. Once there the Pior revisits the planet and due to their lack of unity or something like that he destorys it or something like that. Now, poor Jonas has no where to go, he has to stay on earth.
        Both your and Amanda's ideas of bringing him back are great. Count me in!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Howdy!

This is interesting...SG-1's mid-season finale had low ratings compared with the norm and the RDA gals are dancing a jig, no pity; no prisoners, that kind of thing. Funny, but I don't see that happening here. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
            Howdy!

This is interesting...SG-1's mid-season finale had low ratings compared with the norm and the RDA gals are dancing a jig, no pity; no prisoners, that kind of thing. Funny, but I don't see that happening here. Just an observation.
            Howdy! You're right. I don't think you'll see that here. The Jonas threaders are very civilized, well except me.
            Congrats on 1,900 posts! I'm sending over my Jonas clone to help you celebrate. He's too distracting and I HAVE TO study this weekend. He starts off by saying he'll help me study by giving me a massage. But you can only imagine how that ends up. It's really my fault for teaching him naughty mischief.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
            Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
              I just thought of something that could be scarry. Now I haven't read the spoilers, but wouldn't it be horrible if TPTB used this ripple effect idea to say that Daniel never died at the end of season 5? And that Jonas never joined the team? (I just hope that by posting this I'm not giving them that idea.) Or even have his planet already destoryed due to fighting or what happened in "Fallout" and his character perished at the same time. I would be so mad if they did that! I just hope that they don't!

Ahhh! Nooo! That is a horrible thought!!! *Running away with Jerin then falls down and curls in to little ball sobbing.* Do not give them any ideas like that. Jonas is scolding you! jk.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                Howdy! You're right. I don't think you'll see that here. The Jonas threaders are very civilized, well except me.
                Congrats on 1,900 posts! I'm sending over my Jonas clone to help you celebrate. He's too distracting and I HAVE TO study this weekend. He starts off by saying he'll help me study by giving me a massage. But you can only imagine how that ends up. It's really my fault for teaching him naughty mischief.
                I'll continue his education...give him a 48-hour intense course in [deleted by the PG police] his mistress.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                  I'd have to go with inconsistent writing. Homecoming
                  Spoiler:
                  How is it that he studied Danny's notes so well, but mis-translated the ancient tablet on the lost city? BS writing to make us want Danny back, IMHO.
                  As always, you have thoughtful questions/insights.
                  Ah, but that's my point. He has read all of Daniel's notes, but doesn't actually appear to have the linguistic ability to translate (as in see a symbol and be able to apply similar logical symbol/words and sentence structure) unless there is someone around to, possibly, telepathically link to.

I just thought that it's the weirdest thing that, for example in Cure, he can pick up any alien book and read it, but can't translate a bit of ancient goa'uld without Daniel's 5 years of notes.
                  Or in Meridian reading the books Daniel lent him overnight which I assume were written in English.

Of course, Forsaken messes up this theory a bit. But then
                  Spoiler:
                  the actual owner of the ship wasn't around

Comment

If it wasn't for the reference to naquadria in Beachhead, I would have assumed they already had after Moebius.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                      Howdy!

Nah, like Jonas we're nicely easy-going (most of the time ).

Jonas and Hammond's reaction to season 9.

ETA:
                      Just noticed in the pic you posted, it looks like Corin forgot to take his wedding ring off.
                      Marriage and tattoo in one year on earth, busy boy.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                        Nah, like Jonas we're nicely easy-going (most of the time ).

http://www.corinnemec.com/all3.jpg

Jonas and Hammond's reaction to season 9.
                        LOL! I want them both back!
                        Last edited by Anyagate1; 23 September 2005, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I thought about this too. I think this would be a great way to have him return. I wish TPTB would listen and do this. They would make alot of Stargate fans happy.

Comment

Ok time for some pretty pictures...

Comment

I'm really pleased with my story that I'm writing. I had this thought a few weeks ago like in......What if???? It's based on "Metamorphysis" My fave season 6 episode next to "Redemption 1&2" Because of Jack in that suit and Jonas walking around without a care in the world.

Well getting back to my subject...I hope you'll try it out and give me your true response. It should be up within the next 48 hours. I'll be posting it on Fanfiction.Net under my pen name Janna Galaxy.

See ya later!

Janna Galaxy
                              Last edited by jannagalaxy; 23 September 2005, 12:58 PM.
                              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                              The Strongest Will Survive!
                              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                                I'm really pleased with my story that I'm writing. I had this thought a few weeks ago like in......What if???? It's based on "Metamorphysis" My fave season 6 episode next to "Redemption 1&2" Because of Jack in that suit and Jonas walking around without a care in the world.
                                I love Metamorphosis. One of my fav Jonas episodes.
                                Spoiler:
                                I like it when Jonas jumps that guy and tries to punch him when they come to get him out of the cell. He is such a bad a** there. I always want to yell at the TV "Yeah, go Jonas" and the part where he flirts with the nurse in the elevator.
                                Sooo cute.
                                Wish I was her except I probably would have hit the stop button and jumped him right there.
                                Jack in the suit? I am confused. I don't remember that. I am looking forward to your first chapter.
                                Last edited by Anyagate1; 23 September 2005, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X