Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerin
    Of course we noticed. We love all our Jonas stalkers...er...thunkers.

I am a big Daniel fan, but do find MS to be egotistical. I agree with you that he does seem threatened by CN. As Jannagalaxy has met him in person and will vouch, Corin is an absolute sweetheart. It makes me angry & disappointed TPTB would treat someone as talented and nice so badly. You're absolutely right about some of the Danielites being very scary people. Danny is one of my all time fav. characters, in Stargate and beyond, but I'm definitely not fanatic like some of his crazy fans.
    Thank God there are people out there like you!

However, if you'll permit me a bit of OT-ness here, there's something I've always wondered, and never had the nerve to ask a Daniel fan 'cause ya just never know when one will "go off" on you. <g>

Why do you, personally, and much of the fandom at large (if you feel you can answer) refer to Daniel as Danny? Jack called him that once during the entire show's run, and that was as "Danny Boy" (like the song). Other than that, Jacob is the only one I can ever remember calling him Danny, and that was S5 or later, I think.

I've just always wondered. <g>
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
      Good afternoon everyone! I totally agree with what everyone is saying in regards to the MS and CN. I really think Corin got screwed in the whole situation and that as you all have said MS was feeling very threatened. Which I do not understand, because from what I heard is MS was the one who decided to leave the show in the first place to explore a movie career. Guess that did not go so well. I love Daniel as a character but I am not so fond of MS. Daniel is my favorite next to Jonas, of course. That is why I would like to see Jonas on SGA instead. I would want Jonas to have lots of screen time.

I've been boycotting Atlantis since it began because of the screwing they gave the shippers on SG1, but having Corin on it would be enough to get me to watch! But then again, I keep forgetting that TPTB also think, like the Jonas fans, that the shippers are "expendible."

As for Daniel and MS, my feelings for them are separate. I don't like MS, I'll say that straight out. And while I began liking Daniel, I grew to dislike him mid-season 4 and through S5, mostly because he changed. Suddenly, he was conducting himself like he was the one in charge, doing what he wanted and not following orders. He's lucky Jack is a friend, or he'd have been off *any* team going through the gate. Even civilian employees in the military appreciate the chain of command protocols.

I think the straw that broke the camels back was when he called Jack a "stupid son of a b**ch." Not only was that uncalled for, it was a low blow for which he never - that we saw - apologized.

So, anyway, when Daniel "died" (I still contend he didn't die, he ascended before he completed the process), I was more than ready to see him gone. And then to have a wonderful character like Jonas brought in just gave new life and hope for the series. S6 was wonderful, although even there, there was more Daniel than I wanted to see. <g>
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by StevetheWraith!
        I for one really liked Jonas. He was a great character in my opinion who wasn't only very intelligent and rational, but was also outgoing and warm. Tealc is one of my favorite characters because of his humble and honorable way of life, and pairing him with Jonas was excellent. We got to see Earth and the SGC from his eyes in a way that Tealc simply doesn't get. I thought that the writers did an amazing job of fleshing out his character in only 1 complete season. I was kindda sad and surprised to see him leave for good. I mean so what if Daniel returned? Why couldn't Jonas' skills compliment Daniel's? Oh well so long Jonas, it was fun while it lasted!
        Welcome to the thread! I agree with everything you say 100%, especially with Jonas seeing SGC & Earth in a wonderfully new way.

Admiral and Anyagate, many thanks for my clones.
        Originally posted by Buc252
        Thank God there are people out there like you!

However, if you'll permit me a bit of OT-ness here, there's something I've always wondered, and never had the nerve to ask a Daniel fan 'cause ya just never know when one will "go off" on you. <g>

Why do you, personally, and much of the fandom at large (if you feel you can answer) refer to Daniel as Danny? Jack called him that once during the entire show's run, and that was as "Danny Boy" (like the song). Other than that, Jacob is the only one I can ever remember calling him Danny, and that was S5 or later, I think.

I've just always wondered. <g>
        I've been boycotting Atlantis since it began because of the screwing they gave the shippers on SG1, but having Corin on it would be enough to get me to watch! But then again, I keep forgetting that TPTB also think, like the Jonas fans, that the shippers are "expendible."
        Fear not, Buc! LOL. I guess we call him Danny cuz he's so cute & it's one less letter to type. So laziness + cuteness = shortening of name.
        What do you mean by the screwing they did to shippers on Sg1? I'm sorry, but I've watched maybe 2 episodes of Atlantis, so I don't know. Although I'm not a big shipper myself, I think it's really screwy how they dealt w/ the whole thing, stretching it out for 8 *(&(&*( years! In real life, both of them would be paired off by now. Walks of ranting to herself about stupid PTB.
        Last edited by jerin; 21 September 2005, 06:16 AM.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by StevetheWraith!
          I for one really liked Jonas. He was a great character in my opinion who wasn't only very intelligent and rational, but was also outgoing and warm. Tealc is one of my favorite characters because of his humble and honorable way of life, and pairing him with Jonas was excellent. We got to see Earth and the SGC from his eyes in a way that Tealc simply doesn't get. I thought that the writers did an amazing job of fleshing out his character in only 1 complete season. I was kindda sad and surprised to see him leave for good. I mean so what if Daniel returned? Why couldn't Jonas' skills compliment Daniel's? Oh well so long Jonas, it was fun while it lasted!

Welcome to the thread!

So, are you here for the appreciation only, or are you a thunker, too? You're welcome either way, but we had a guy over at the RDA thunk thread who got a little embarrassed by some of our gutter talk. Just wanted to warn you.

Good morning, everyone! Have we all done our push-ups????

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
            As Jack answered: Yes!
            I think it's a great idea. You know you'll have lots of Jonas thunkers as supporters. Yet another great idea. For all your great ideas, I'm sending over my Jonas clone for inspiration.
            No, way! I think it's a great idea, and actually just completed a "five-man-team" story that's now going to beta. I don't consider this AU, because, in my view, this is how it *should* have been written.
            Thanks for the support guys. I think I'll give it a go, since my other fic has packed it's bag and gone on hiatus. At least I won't have to think of a plot for it.
            It doesn't bother anyone overly if Jonas is married with child on the way does it? The other half isn't going to appear, but the idea comes out of a different fic idea (and it's led to another darker fic bunny ), and I like the idea of consistant/linked story-verses.
            (and I quite fancy having Jonas' responding to the Vala-ness with a repeated sigh of "still married" )

Thanks for the clone loan Jerin. He's inspiring me to sit here and sigh happily.
            Work isn't going so well, though.

Comment

As for Daniel and MS, my feelings for them are separate. I don't like MS, I'll say that straight out. And while I began liking Daniel, I grew to dislike him mid-season 4 and through S5, mostly because he changed.
              Ditto for me. Daniel is the only character I've grown to dislike over time.

I liked the character in the movie, and he was different but still likeable at the beginning, but he began to slide in my estimation in One False Step (the plant people one) when he threw that tantrum. That's when I sort of sat back and thought I can't really connect to this person.
              You can argue that he was under alien influence, but so was Jack and I didn't get the same feeling of childishness from Jack.

As the series went on although he was mostly likeable, he started getting too strident, too morally absolute. I put this down to the character being Jack's Jiminy Cricket, but unfortunately I like my characters to have a grey area.
              Being physically or intellectually perfect is fine with me as long as they aren't morally perfect. They have to make mistakes and acknowledge them.
              Daniel doesn't apologise for his mistakes and that annoys me.

By season 4-5 Daniel was just there, whether I liked him or not depended entirely on what he did during the episode. I didn't mind how he was in Menace since it was one time I felt both viewpoints were valid. The opposing viewpoints thing is another problem, because I do tend to side with Jack in any "live people I know vs. dead alien culture" debate.

I actually quite liked Daniel in S6. Probably because he wasn't driving the story and being preachy. Now 7, 8 and 9, he's changed in a much more negative way. Still as strident and preachy but ruder with it. More stroppy and childish.
              And he still isn't concerned with the effects of his actions!

Sorry about the rant (I shouldn't read some of the Daniel can do no wrong threads).
              Normally when I dislike a character I stop watching a show, but I like Sam and Teal'c so it feels like I'm having to suffer him.
              Although that said I've only managed to watch 5/10 episodes so far from this season so maybe I am slowly giving up the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                Welcome to the thread!

So, are you here for the appreciation only, or are you a thunker, too? You're welcome either way, but we had a guy over at the RDA thunk thread who got a little embarrassed by some of our gutter talk. Just wanted to warn you.

Good morning, everyone! Have we all done our push-ups????
                Morning!

I wouldn't worry Admiral. We have a PG paddle to save the appreciation only types from embarassment.

Push-ups? Exercise is the devil's work.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                  Morning!

I wouldn't worry Admiral. We have a PG paddle to save the appreciation only types from embarassment.

Push-ups? Exercise is the devil's work.

Sshhhh...don't let my Jonas clone find that out...would ruin my view in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                    Sshhhh...don't let my Jonas clone find that out...would ruin my view in the morning.

Well, he is a sexy devil.

Alright, fine, bad pun. I'm going. Jeez, that PG paddle is getting above it's station.

Comment

Alright, fine, bad pun. I'm going. Jeez, that PG paddle is getting above it's station.

Bad pun, perhaps...but as Jack would say...I see hope there...

Comment

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Smurf,
                        Have you ever thought about being a comedian? Your posts always crack me up. You're really funny!

Comment

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Smurf,
                          Have you ever thought about being a comedian? Your posts always crack me up. You're really funny!

I wanted to, but everyone kept laughing at me.

Sorry, that really is old.

Comment

I wanted to, but everyone kept laughing at me.

Sorry, that really is old.
                            LOL! See, that is what I am talking about. You are too funny! You are very quick witted. ( I am sure you will find something punny to say to that but I said it anyway.)

Comment

Comment

LOL! See, that is what I am talking about. You are too funny! You are very quick witted. ( I am sure you will find something punny to say to that but I said it anyway.)
                                "Wit is cultured insolence." Aristotle

In all honesty I couldn't be a comedian, standing up in front of a crowd or camera is too eek! for me. More of a behind the scenes type.
                                I come across better written down. I seem to be a touch sarcastic in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X