Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant the reaction after the kiss.
    But you've covered both bases there , I'm going for adorable geek myself.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      I meant the reaction after the kiss.
      But you've covered both bases there , I'm going for adorable geek myself.
      Blushing horribly and stammering like a kid?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Blushing horribly and stammering like a kid?
        A chaste 1950s geek then

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
          A chaste 1950s geek then
          Yup. I took him at his word when he said he didn't trust a girl who kissed on a first date. I did some research into dating in the 50's for that Metamorphosis fic I wrote. Didn't end up using any of it, but it was still interesting to read about that stuff. And then you look at parents freaking out over kids today... and wonder what it'll be like 50 years down the road. *pause* Actually, I don't WANT to know. If things are this bad now... *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by naq_oneill
            ya know-I say this with great caution...I think jonas was better than daniel*ducks flying objects* I thought season 6 was the best season until 8 of course but I really wish they would bring jonas back for some more appearances!
            That's nothin to duck over - I am in 100% agreement with you. Especially after Daniel's attitude change for the worse that began in S4.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              What about this one ?

He looks great in the fleecy jacket. Well, he looks great in everything !
              Did you notice the evr present notebook ? Gotta love a guy who always carries a notebook.
              I've always been intrigued by the notebook, and Jonas' humble-ness. (Is that a word?)

I'll explain: As far back as Season 1, we've seen Daniel's notes. He uses elaborate, leather-bound journals, that really remind the viewer that this man is a man with at least one (probably more) doctorates, and is paid to reflect that. He's educated, and despite being an orphan, has become accustomed to having some of the finer things that a doctorate can bring.

Now, consider Jonas. He uses a black-n-white composition notebook, the kind you can buy for 98 cents at the PX and he uses them gratefully and proudly. He's not ashamed he doesn't have the best money can buy. It began that it was probably all he could get, but even if whatever pay they granted him improved, he probably wouldn't go out looking for a fancier notebook.

Jonas is probably the most humble character I've seen in a long time on TV. He takes only what he needs, and makes do with what he has.

Sheesh, that sounded kinda preachy, didn't it? LOL
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                Shadow, I agree with you. I just wish Metamorphosis and Prophecy were in the middle of the season and not in the last part. There was a perfect storyline and an opportunity for character development with Jonas, but we never saw the end of the story. Sadly, we will never see it.
                I adored those eps, too, but I have to admit, Prophecy made me a bit angry. Here they have this great episode that goes to huge lengths to show Jonas how he is not only welcomed and appreciated, but *needed* and *wanted*. And while I'm watching this scene, I'd recently heard the news that MS was coming back and Jonas/CN was being kicked by the side of the road for him.

Everything the episode said was trash once you knew what was going to happen the next year. It was infuriating.
                - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  The second pic... I really like... he looks so adorable...

Didn't THAT GIRL say in the end that she did like Jonas... sort of... in a backhanded sort of way...
                  Yeah, he's a smart cookie... that one

Shadow... do you know anything about that ring that he wears...
                  I thought I'd heard that the ring was Corin's grandfather's or something, and that he accidentally forgot to take it off in one scene. After that, they decided to make it permanent, but had to make a replica of it for the costume department because they won't allow an actor to wear their own jewelry on set in case it gets damaged.
                  - Mary

Comment

Thanks to everyone who dropped some tidbit about Corin/Jonas' ring...
                    I suppose I'm the kind of person that notices rings being rather fond of them myself... also the fact that no one else in Stargate wears them either.

Buc252: Humble-ness is okay... but mostly we use "humility"...
                    I agree with you... I think it makes Jonas so much the more endearing...

It seems to me that everybody on SG1 is so intent on hiding how they feel most of the time... and in comes Jonas who is not backwards in coming forwards about how he notices people's reaction to him. I find that in interacting with Carter, he really draws her out...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily

It seems to me that everybody on SG1 is so intent on hiding how they feel most of the time... and in comes Jonas who is not backwards in coming forwards about how he notices people's reaction to him. I find that in interacting with Carter, he really draws her out...
                      I agree, Sam never had such a relaxed friendship with any other member of her team. Jonas is the only one she teased so much. I really miss the Sam Carter, smiling, fun and really caring we had in season 6 because of her friendship with Jonas.
                      Come on, the opening scene of Metamorphosis, it was so great !
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        I agree, Sam never had such a relaxed friendship with any other member of her team. Jonas is the only one she teased so much. I really miss the Sam Carter, smiling, fun and really caring we had in season 6 because of her friendship with Jonas.
                        Come on, the opening scene of Metamorphosis, it was so great !
                        Oh, that's another thing that annoyed me so much about them getting rid of Jonas. Sam & Teal'c were so much more interesting and, well, better in season 6. They've become complete shadows since he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          I adored those eps, too, but I have to admit, Prophecy made me a bit angry. Here they have this great episode that goes to huge lengths to show Jonas how he is not only welcomed and appreciated, but *needed* and *wanted*. And while I'm watching this scene, I'd recently heard the news that MS was coming back and Jonas/CN was being kicked by the side of the road for him.

Everything the episode said was trash once you knew what was going to happen the next year. It was infuriating.
                          There was something worse for me. In Full Circle we had Jack being nice to Jonas, great ! at least it happened once. And then, in Fallen, as soon as Daniel is back, Jack forgets everything about Jonas. There isn't even some concern about him after being captured by Anubis. That was a shock for me because usually Jack cares for everyone in his team, and he had a first hand experience with Baal. I didn't know if I wanted to completely dislike Jack for this or if I had to assume that he was just written completely out of character.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            There was something worse for me. In Full Circle we had Jack being nice to Jonas, great ! at least it happened once. And then, in Fallen, as soon as Daniel is back, Jack forgets everything about Jonas. There isn't even some concern about him after being captured by Anubis. That was a shock for me because usually Jack cares for everyone in his team, and he had a first hand experience with Baal. I didn't know if I wanted to completely dislike Jack for this or if I had to assume that he was just written completely out of character.
                            I agree with you Lys. I , too, felt that it was out of character for Jack to have not bonded more with Jonas by that time and shown more concern for him. I don't know whether it was written that way in the scripts or just looked that way because of the editing in the season 6 eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                              I agree with you Lys. I , too, felt that it was out of character for Jack to have not bonded more with Jonas by that time and shown more concern for him. I don't know whether it was written that way in the scripts or just looked that way because of the editing in the season 6 eps.
                              Well, I think it was written that way. I can only remember two times when Jack and Jonas got a "real conversation", the first time at the end of Redemption II, and it was barely a conversation, and the second time was in Full Circle.
                              Every other time, Jack completely dismissed whatever Jonas said. The main example for me being in Unnatural Selection. Jonas wanted to learn more about the Replicators and Jack didn't listen until Sam said exactly the same thing and only then, Jack agreed to go back to the structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Well, I think it was written that way. I can only remember two times when Jack and Jonas got a "real conversation", the first time at the end of Redemption II, and it was barely a conversation, and the second time was in Full Circle.
                                Every other time, Jack completely dismissed whatever Jonas said. The main example for me being in Unnatural Selection. Jonas wanted to learn more about the Replicators and Jack didn't listen until Sam said exactly the same thing and only then, Jack agreed to go back to the structure.
                                I seem to remember (and please feel free to correct me) that some regret was expressed on the director's part for the end of Homecoming (on the DVD commentary) re: Jonas' sendoff scenes. I just attributed any awkwardness to both the writing and editing of the scene. I know I felt especially bad about how Jonas' departure was handled.

Comment

Working...
                                X