PDA

View Full Version : What character should go?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Falcon Horus
March 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
You are to easy on him. He had S2-5 to show his acting skills...

In order to show the acting skills, it requires something to do... and would you know that I have the ultimate proof that JM was hardly used in his screentime or what he was allowed to say as far as words go.

If your boss doesn't give you work, all you do is be bored all day through.

If SGA wants to show people who can't get over their hatred, ok, but than the consequence is you can't have someone like him in those missions, so byebye.

He did develop but you have to want to see it of course. But seeing as how your mind is set on JM not being the greatest actor in the bunch, you're obviously closing your mind to what Ronon could have been if he had been given the opportunity.

And why do you think Rodney did develop? Do you want to see the numbers I have on him? You'd be surprised how much Atlantis became the Rodney-show.

And btw - I chose Rodney for the simple fact that it would force TPTW to write for their other characters. Didn't have anything to do with DH's acting skills cause I know he can act (I've seen it in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast). Besides it's the character, not the actor or actress.

Beebee20
March 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I think Keller should go. But go in a good way! Like having Rodney's baby haha. Then she could go raise him and everybody else can focus on saving the world(s) :)

Skie
March 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM
In order to show the acting skills, it requires something to do... and would you know that I have the ultimate proof that JM was hardly used in his screentime or what he was allowed to say as far as words go. If your boss doesn't give you work, all you do is be bored all day through.

SGA had quite some ep which centered around him, e.g. RUNNER, SATEDA, MIDWAY, BROKEN TIES. But I think it's not about quantity but quality. We don't see Halling that often in SGA but he left a much bigger impression on me than Ronon ever did. There are many examples in movies where actors don't have to say many words or not much screening time and still make a great performance.

He did develop but you have to want to see it of course. But seeing as how your mind is set on JM not being the greatest actor in the bunch, you're obviously closing your mind to what Ronon could have been if he had been given the opportunity.

Just to make it clear, I don't have anything personal against JM. It's just I can't see any development here, neither of the actor nor of the character. He had the opportunities, see mentioned ep. above.

And why do you think Rodney did develop? Do you want to see the numbers I have on him? You'd be surprised how much Atlantis became the Rodney-show.

Well, in the beginning he was a very arrogant, self-centered, insensitive and poor-spirited men. Well, his arrogance is still there but quite less. He thinks more about others now, realized that he hurt other people with his unthoughtfulness and he is more spirited. For example in ep. McKay and Mrs. Miller and The Tao of Rodney you see some of these changes. But I agree with you that SGA became a lot Rodney-centered in the S4-5. I myself thought that already in S3 it started with some ep., which had the same outline in having an almost impossible task that Rodney of course could solve. Which is a shame because I liked it in S1-3 when all of the team members could contribute to a solution.

And btw - I chose Rodney for the simple fact that it would force TPTW to write for their other characters. Didn't have anything to do with DH's acting skills cause I know he can act (I've seen it in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast). Besides it's the character, not the actor or actress.

Well for me Rodney belongs a lot more to SGA than Ronon. I enjoy his rantings and sarcasm a lot more than Ronon smiling and shooting. Sure it's about the character but for me it is the combination of a poorly written character and below average acting skills, at least in this case. But as said before, I don't hate JM as a person.

Huh, just noticed Ronon did develop in TLM. I works together with a wraith and in the end genuinly smiles at him. Unfortunately that was the only episode plus it happened in an alternative future, so, no development of Ronon.