PDA

View Full Version : What character should go?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Integrabyte
May 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Is spamming the thread really necessary?

Is inflation a monetary phenomenon?

fuchsia
May 19th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Is inflation a monetary phenomenon?

Yeah... stop spoiling the thread, man:weiranime34:

Give some other lame characters a chance;)

Pajus
May 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah... stop spoiling the thread, man:weiranime34:

Give some other lame characters a chance;)

Few characters are as lame as Keller (okay, no character is as lame as Keller)

fuchsia
May 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Fair point, Pajus, but my statement is still true:D

Think of Carson, for example...

Reiko
May 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM
» *sings* Keller, Keller, Kell-urrr! http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/Reiko_Afterglow/smilies/weir/weir_singing.gif

CalmStorm
May 19th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Ronon. There's just not much there. He's the big man alien warrior who they couldn't develop anymore than Ford.

...and ...spoiler from Gateworld homepage in regards to Ronon

It doesn't look like he's all that interested in sticking around in the long run anyway. Since TPTB seem intent on axing 'main' cast, boot the one who doesn't want to stay long-term :cool:
Gateworld: Momoa (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/momoa_might_leave_iatlantisi.shtml)

I have a feeling I'd like to say Woolsey too, but even in his recurring status, has more development and depth than Ronon.

...but don't pay too much mind to me, I'm still put-off the show since they axed Higginson / Weir. Just isn't the same.

Reiko
May 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
...but don't pay too much mind to me, I'm still put-off the show since they axed Higginson / Weir. Just isn't the same.

» Honestly I share the same attitude. I'm just going out fighting, being the thorn in TPTB's side that I am :p

» It's better to burn out than to fade away. ;)

Jackie
May 19th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ronon. There's just not much there. He's the big man alien warrior who they couldn't develop anymore than Ford.

tptb never said Ronon was supposed to be more developed than Ford...just they didn't like the WAY ford developed.

Which still amounts to crap but what can ya do?

Reiko
May 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
» Cover up any evidence what you did what crap ;)

Integrabyte
May 20th, 2008, 12:12 AM
» Cover up any evidence what you did what crap ;)

Cover it with Keller :D

fuchsia
May 20th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Maybe we're looking at this backwards......

The problem is not with the characters themselves but with the writing.

Sack the writers... Sorted:).

I'm surprising myself saying this, but I could even live with Carson if he was written differently; and he changed his hair stylist;).

Jackie
May 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Of course it's the writhing and over lack of follow through. It reflects onto the characters making the character look weak.

Let's take carson beckett for example.

First tptb had such a bad writer's block that they decided to "shake things up" (their words) by having him die via exploding pork chop. Then, bring him back (which they decided to do in the same season they killed him off in) via Xerox machine.

Now, in order to make him seem like "real carson" they had to have the clone be an exact copy, so exact that wonder boy rodney couldn't explain how Micheal did it.

So, we have a situation where the writer's thought killing carson would be good for ratings. Then tptb decided that bringing him back would be good for ratings. Then they couldn't figure out a good way to kill him and couldn't figure out an original way to bring him back.

The result is a flivvorous carson that hold no real value when compared to original carson even though the character is the same.

Now, if tptb had just written a decent story arc for carson and micheal it would have been far more interesting.

For example, Micheal kidnaps Carson and makes him into a hybrid and shep's team have to fight to get him back. Once they get carson back and de-hybridized the doctor has been shaken to his core and has trouble preforming his duties. Bring in Keller as the new CO after Carson feels he cannot make sound decisions. Eventually carson comes back but never as naive as before.

tptb could have reduced carson to reoccuring and added keller as reoccurring and share the time between the two characters.

Reiko
May 20th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I'm surprising myself saying this, but I could even live with Carson if he was written differently; and he changed his hair stylist;).

» Hey! Carson's pointy hair makes me happy :P

fuchsia
May 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM

:)each to his/her own, mate...;)

jelgate
May 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Everytime Beckett speaks, I have to mute my TV. Good thing it has subtitles:D

Fenrir Foxz
May 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM
It's that bad? :P

Integrabyte
May 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM

I see you like it when people sniff your hair :P.

Reiko
May 20th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I see you like it when people sniff your hair :P.

» Usually because I get to slap 'em ;) Radek's fine though. He's a sweetie pie unlike that butt Keller :P

jelgate
May 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It's that bad? :P:indeed:

Integrabyte
May 21st, 2008, 12:30 AM
I hope Keller remains in Vegas :P.

Pajus
May 21st, 2008, 02:11 AM

In the city's morgue if possible

Integrabyte
May 21st, 2008, 04:57 AM
Now, may i ask, why you all want Jennifer Keller gone ?
I know why people dont' like her, so do the writers (JoeM's Blog), but i want to see your explanation.

Have a look in the ANTI-Keller thread, ANTI-S4 and you will be on the right track why we want her to go. She does not fit with the expedition.

Constanza
May 21st, 2008, 06:56 AM

LOL! Poor kid…

g.o.d
May 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM

with Teyla

Reiko
May 21st, 2008, 07:51 AM

» Zombie lap dance ... :P

Rac80
May 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
Ok i've got a compromise....Rodney can stay.......If he shuts the heck up......or if Ronon gags him :D

Ronon gaging McKay would be a worthy of watching ep. The only thing better would be Ronon gaging Rodney, not letting him eat for 2 days and then sitting down in front of the hungry scientist with a lemon pie.

LOL love those ideas.
I still say get rid of Carson...dull dull dull! I didn't mind Weir going, just wish they had done a better job of it. (always pictured weir running off to a love nest with Oberon :P )
I think the all gal team needs to go... how sexist! :S

jenks
May 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Have a look in the ANTI-Keller thread, ANTI-S4 and you will be on the right track why we want her to go. She does not fit with the expedition.

You mean she doesn't have a natural 'hero' streak in her like every other character seems to have to?

Reiko
May 21st, 2008, 08:16 AM
» Keller is sexist.

jelgate
May 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Care to back up that bold statement.

Integrabyte
May 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
» Keller is sexist.

Do tell :P.

Arica12
May 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM
» Keller is sexist.

Did you mean to write sex-mad?

Arica12
May 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
» Keller is sexist.

I don't actually think Keller is sexist in the traditional sense of the word. I think she's a weak silly little girl who likes other people to sort out all her problems for her and who uses whatever 'charms' she has going for her to get other people to take care of her. I think her preference is for a man to take care of her but I don't think she's fussed as long as someone else will take responsibility and charge.

Weak, silly, pathetic, neurotic, idiotic are all words I would use for Keller, but probably not sexist.....;)

Lahela
May 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
I think she's the product of a sexist mind.

Arica12
May 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM

Now that I agree with 100%

Rac80
May 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Well since Jason Momoa is ready to "move on" maybe Ronon will be the one to go?

But Carson II (the clone) must go!

Madeleine
May 21st, 2008, 01:13 PM
You mean she doesn't have a natural 'hero' streak in her like every other character seems to have to?

I doubt that's what he meant; that's certainly nothing like what he said.

For my part, Keller is too implausible. I need all of my suspension of disbelief for the wormholes, aliens, magic floaty ascended vorlon things, time travel and questionable hairdo's. I have little to spare on the concept of the best doctor Earth has to offer being a scarcely postpubescent little timid slip of a thing.

I could like her if her backstory made her credible: Intern at the SGC who was visiting the SGA when Carson died, and Carson's 2ic was stranded elsewhere / died? I'd buy that.... The SGC had a dozen seasoned army medics trained in unknown alien diseases and ready to serve the SGA and all training young doctors, and Keller was their best student, so when all twelve unexpectedly went mad due to some weird alien flu, Keller just about won the SGA spot out over all the seasoned army docs who hadn't the security clearance? Okay.... Woolsey's niece? Fine, whatever....

But to have her placed in the team that Weir described as "Earth's brightest" and best" and to have so much reliance on a kid with so little experience, is less believable than... I dunno... than that anyone thought Lucius worth reviving for a second ep :)

Anyway, if she does go, I hope she gets a send-off. A grisly death, a fond farewell, a court-martial or a triumphant sacrifice, as long as it's acknowledged I'll be happy. It's a waste of potential when a character leaves without a send-off, even if the character isn't such a good one.

PG15
May 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM

The same minds who came up with Carter, Weir, and Teyla?

Keller isn't nearly as strong as those women to be sure, but then, it's not like there aren't that kind of women in real life. This trend of pointing at any weak women as being a product of a sexist mind is ridiculous.

Now, if every women on the show were written like that, THEN you've got something to complain about.

Jackie
May 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Keller for me is just so cliché. She's the classic kid genius that grows up and then dwells on her own issues.

If she talked faster and was more arrogant and male, she would be rodney.

As far as Team Barbie...oh dear god! An idea that JM had to address the gender imbalance? A pot shot idea at that!

If JM truly wanted to address the gender imbalance there would be a far better leading female than Rodney McKay.

jenks
May 21st, 2008, 03:50 PM
I think you're confused...

Rac80
May 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM

For my part, Keller is too implausible. I need all of my suspension of disbelief for the wormholes, aliens, magic floaty ascended vorlon things, time travel and questionable hairdo's. I have little to spare on the concept of the best doctor Earth has to offer being a scarcely postpubescent little timid slip of a thing.

I could like her if her backstory made her credible: Intern at the SGC who was visiting the SGA when Carson died, and Carson's 2ic was stranded elsewhere / died? I'd buy that.... The SGC had a dozen seasoned army medics trained in unknown alien diseases and ready to serve the SGA and all training young doctors, and Keller was their best student, so when all twelve unexpectedly went mad due to some weird alien flu, Keller just about won the SGA spot out over all the seasoned army docs who hadn't the security clearance? Okay.... Woolsey's niece? Fine, whatever....

But to have her placed in the team that Weir described as "Earth's brightest" and best" and to have so much reliance on a kid with so little experience, is less believable than... I dunno... than that anyone thought Lucius worth reviving for a second ep :)

Anyway, if she does go, I hope she gets a send-off. A grisly death, a fond farewell, a court-martial or a triumphant sacrifice, as long as it's acknowledged I'll be happy. It's a waste of potential when a character leaves without a send-off, even if the character isn't such a good one.

*hums loudly*

Pajus
May 21st, 2008, 06:25 PM
» Zombie lap dance ... :P

*mental green*

I don't actually think Keller is sexist in the traditional sense of the word. I think she's a weak silly little girl who likes other people to sort out all her problems for her and who uses whatever 'charms' she has going for her to get other people to take care of her. I think her preference is for a man to take care of her but I don't think she's fussed as long as someone else will take responsibility and charge.

Weak, silly, pathetic, neurotic, idiotic are all words I would use for Keller, but probably not sexist.....;)

Sexist... I don't think so. But I do agree on everything else. After watching Missing, Trio and Quarantine (Missing Trio in a Quarantine)... Nicely done, TPTB

Integrabyte
May 22nd, 2008, 02:01 AM
My daily Keller whine :P. Booo Keller :P.

Lahela
May 22nd, 2008, 02:23 AM

Great post! Sums it up nicely :)

Keller isn't nearly as strong as those women to be sure, but then, it's not like there aren't that kind of women in real life. This trend of pointing at any weak women as being a product of a sexist mind is ridiculous.

Now, if every women on the show were written like that, THEN you've got something to complain about.

Ummm, yes, exactly. And the same minds that came up with Team Barbie. You don't honestly think that the women in SG aren't almost universally stereotyped and one dimensional do you?

Arica12
May 22nd, 2008, 10:34 AM

Absolutely the same minds.

Carter in the early seasons of Stargate was phenomenal, that I will agree with - and I watched seasons 9 & 10 before I ever watched the earlier seasons and couldn't stand Carter, then just a few months ago watched the earlier seasons and could not believe it was the same character. Carter was a strong, independent and most of all empathetic character brilliantly played by Amanda Tapping - somewhere round season 5 the character morphed into a caricature and by the end of Season 7 was a shrill, self-righteous harpy although I do think Amanda Tapping was able to negate a lot of the damage.

Weir.......mmm, I will agree they wanted to make her a strong character and Torri Higginson was certainly able to play a much stronger character but they just never seemed to know what to do with Weir.

And Teyla is set dressing, lots of potential, but again no follow through.

I also think that Jewel Staite could have played a strong character - maybe a young archaeologist/anthropologist, a believable character for her age range and something that would actually have been an addition to the show, instead the Keller character is a joke

Anyway just my opinion, but as a woman I don't see the female characters as anything resembling realistic or even likeable (Dr Frasier actually being the exception, I thought she was well-written) - and that's okay, my dislike of these character traits was never enough previously to make me dislike the show. Keller and the way she has been written just fills me with disgust, it's like watching a female character from Star Trek (1960's Vintage) being dropped into the show, and in 2008 that is simply not acceptable.

PG15
May 22nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
That's fine; I disagree, but that's the way opinions work.

I just don't understand why any weak women on TV is labeled as being anachronistic. Surely having all women as being strong is biased? Double standards?

Ummm, yes, exactly. And the same minds that came up with Team Barbie. You don't honestly think that the women in SG aren't almost universally stereotyped and one dimensional do you?

No. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many fans of the female characters. ;)

And could we PLEASE wait until we actually see the All-Female team before condemning them of being stereotyped? I mean, for cryin' out loud, you're the ones stereotyping them as "barbies" just because they're female, as that's pretty much all we know of them at the moment.

Arica12
May 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM

I just don't understand why any weak women on TV is labeled as being anachronistic. Surely having all women as being strong is biased? Double standards?

And could we PLEASE wait until we actually see the All-Female team before condemning them of being stereotyped? I mean, for cryin' out loud, you're the ones stereotyping them as "barbies" just because they're female, as that's pretty much all we know of them at the moment.

Oh no if they wrote her as a weak character, maybe as someone who was an idiot (at least it would be different) they I could respect that, but making her a little twit and then having all the other characters behave like she's a little fairy princess is ridiculous - and not believable.

Lahela
May 22nd, 2008, 10:37 PM

You're right, of course - the term is degrading and I shouldn't have jumped on that particular bandwagon. My concern is just the b-grade nature of a group of young gorgeous women in a fog-filled horror ep... I sincerely hope it won't be as clichéd as it sounds.

BTW, I think the men are mostly stereotyped as well, but I guess that's just the nature of television - 44 minutes doesn't leave much time for depth.

PG15
May 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
I agree. SciFi shows especially seems to only focus on archetypes; no character can truly be that deep and still stay "in character", if you know what I mean.

And yeah, I hope it won't be cliche, as well.

Integrabyte
May 23rd, 2008, 12:48 AM
Keller needs to go.

Rac80
May 23rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
I still vote for Carson II to go! He is dead, had a fitting way to die (Carson would have sacrificed himself) and a good episode (sunday is one of my top eps) dedicated to it... so let the poor man rest in peace! :S He is a clone let him go! It will leave room for Keller. ;)

elliecat
May 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
I still vote for Carson II to go! He is dead, had a fitting way to die (Carson would have sacrificed himself) and a good episode (sunday is one of my top eps) dedicated to it... so let the poor man rest in peace! :S He is a clone let him go! It will leave room for Keller. ;)

Getting rid of the competition huh!? :D ;)

Cautious Explorer
May 23rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Absolutely the same minds.

Carter in the early seasons of Stargate was phenomenal, that I will agree with - and I watched seasons 9 & 10 before I ever watched the earlier seasons and couldn't stand Carter, then just a few months ago watched the earlier seasons and could not believe it was the same character. Carter was a strong, independent and most of all empathetic character brilliantly played by Amanda Tapping - somewhere round season 5 the character morphed into a caricature and by the end of Season 7 was a shrill, self-righteous harpy although I do think Amanda Tapping was able to negate a lot of the damage.

Weir.......mmm, I will agree they wanted to make her a strong character and Torri Higginson was certainly able to play a much stronger character but they just never seemed to know what to do with Weir.

And Teyla is set dressing, lots of potential, but again no follow through.

I also think that Jewel Staite could have played a strong character - maybe a young archaeologist/anthropologist, a believable character for her age range and something that would actually have been an addition to the show, instead the Keller character is a joke

Anyway just my opinion, but as a woman I don't see the female characters as anything resembling realistic or even likeable (Dr Frasier actually being the exception, I thought she was well-written) - and that's okay, my dislike of these character traits was never enough previously to make me dislike the show. Keller and the way she has been written just fills me with disgust, it's like watching a female character from Star Trek (1960's Vintage) being dropped into the show, and in 2008 that is simply not acceptable.

Excellent post!

I can see where Keller fans would be threatened by Carson's presence. He makes her look like an unschooled amatuer just by standing in the same room.

Rac80
May 23rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
Excellent post!

I can see where Keller fans would be threatened by Carson's presence. He makes her look like an unschooled amatuer just by standing in the same room.

Now don't go putting words into my mouth! I am not "threatened" by Carson, just hoping that with Carson finally gone, the anti-kellers will hush up! ;) I get sick of the whining. (Which is why I am not fond of Rodney)

elliecat
May 23rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
Now don't go putting words into my mouth! I am not "threatened" by Carson, just hoping that with Carson finally gone, the anti-kellers will hush up! ;) I get sick of the whining. (Which is why I am not fond of Rodney)

Nah, getting rid of Carson won't make me hush up, maybe that's why I like Rodney so much! ;)

We anti's just don't like her, i'm afraid the whining will continue until she leaves! :D

Rac80
May 23rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
Nah, getting rid of Carson won't make me hush up, maybe that's why I like Rodney so much! ;)

We anti's just don't like her, i'm afraid the whining will continue until she leaves! :D

*hums loudly...again*

Cautious Explorer
May 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM

My apologies. I misunderstood your "It will leave room for Keller" comment. What did you mean then? If Keller really is vital and Carson isn't a threat, how does his presence not leave room for Keller?

I don't like Keller because she's Keller. I don't like the character's personality and I don't like the idea of a child filling such an important position. She is temperamentally unfit and lacks experience for such a role IMO. It isn't because of an inability to let go of Carson.

Your complaining about other fans isn't whining, but fans complaining about a fictional character is? Interesting POV.

Arica12
May 23rd, 2008, 08:46 AM

No we will not 'hush-up'. You have your opinion and that's fine, I don't agree with it but nor am I asking you not to state your opinion simply because I do not like it.

You may want to think this is about Carson and while I'm really not happy with what has happened with Carson that is a completely different subject. Carson could be in every single episode this year and it would not make me like Keller, and I shall go on saying it, if you don't like that, tough.

Integrabyte
May 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
No we will not 'hush-up'. You have your opinion and that's fine, I don't agree with it but nor am I asking you not to state your opinion simply because I do not like it.

You may want to think this is about Carson and while I'm really not happy with what has happened with Carson that is a completely different subject. Carson could be in every single episode this year and it would not make me like Keller, and I shall go on saying it, if you don't like that, tough.

Music to my ears. I totally agree. Bring all my favorite people on SGA from Kylie Minogue to Jenna Jameson and I still won't like Keller :P.

I am so gonna get snipped for this :P

Linda06
May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Can't we replace Rodney with Radek :D I like Zelenka alot more than whining moaning grumpy face Rodney!

Lahela
May 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM

Don't go putting words into other people's mouths.

I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson. I thought he was great... then he died. I moved on. My utter disdain for Keller is based purely on the fact that the character is loathsome.

Reiko
May 23rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson.

» Yup. Heck, everyone knows I love Carson, but my hate for Keller is first and foremost because she is Keller. :)

elliecat
May 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
There is so much more to hate than just replacing Carson ;)

Reiko
May 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
» Theoretical Keller Hater: Who's Carson?

;)

Thunderbird 2
May 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson. I thought he was great... then he died. I moved on. My utter disdain for Keller is based purely on the fact that the character is loathsome.

Ooh, well said! I have no idea how good or bad Keller is, - I only saw her in First Strike. But for me the loss of Beckett and Weir was the death knell of the series, so I gave up after reading the transcripts for the first three eps of season 4.

Its quite sad there is such a thing as a "What character should go" thread. SG1 fought to keep / gain its characters, Daniel, Jonas, and later on Vala. Its seems getting assigned to Atlantis is a death wish! I have never known a series to loose so many regulars. (B5 excepted, but it was deliberate there). Its a shame that there is a character that can create so much ill feeling.

Integrabyte
May 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Don't go putting words into other people's mouths.

Mental green for you. Spot on.

Arica12
May 23rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Anyway back on topic.

Keller to go?

Why? well on top of everything else that's been discussed we could get around to discussing someth:Ding more than just how awful she's making the show!!!!!!

Madeleine
May 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, and I've never had a problem with Keller being a "weak woman" or with any SG women being weak or portrayed as weak (I did have a problem with an SG woman being wet, but that's a different matter).

If I find Keller to be weak, her sex is irrelevant; her being part of the premier expedition in the world is what is relevant.

BSG is full of people who just happened to be alive after the cylons attacked. Cally and Baltar are weak in plenty of ways, and I'm glad of it, it makes sens for some characters to be that way. But SG-1 and SGa are supposed to be full of the best, brightest, boldest and most capable that the world has to offer.

Unlike some, I never had a problem with wunderkind!carter. Her combination of talents is highly unlikely, but given that the USAF needed someone brilliant for the job they'd be pretty dim not to look for one of the rare people of improbably large brain and unfeasibly diverse skills.

Rodney would like to be weak, but happily for Atlantis, he's the sort of chap who does his best work under threat of imminent doom. Carson too. But aside from that, Rodney is a forty-something best genius in the world, and Carson had That Gene - both excuses to overlook a bit of whingeing.

Keller's weakness does not propel her towards excellence, and there's nothing else to make her special. Medicine is one of those fields where experience is required in order to be an all-round best in the field type, so her genius does not override her weakness, because the world would surely have better medical geniuses to offer.

SGA is supposed to be full of people chosen to be heroes. Keller's problem (or rather my problem with Keller) is not that she's a weak woman, it's that she's a weakling in a hero's job. Wouldn't be any different if Keller was pretty little Benjamin instead of pretty little Jennifer.

Rac80
May 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, and I've never had a problem with Keller being a "weak woman" or with any SG women being weak or portrayed as weak (I did have a problem with an SG woman being wet, but that's a different matter).

If I find Keller to be weak, her sex is irrelevant; her being part of the premier expedition in the world is what is relevant.

BSG is full of people who just happened to be alive after the cylons attacked. Cally and Baltar are weak in plenty of ways, and I'm glad of it, it makes sens for some characters to be that way. But SG-1 and SGa are supposed to be full of the best, brightest, boldest and most capable that the world has to offer.

Unlike some, I never had a problem with wunderkind!carter. Her combination of talents is highly unlikely, but given that the USAF needed someone brilliant for the job they'd be pretty dim not to look for one of the rare people of improbably large brain and unfeasibly diverse skills.

Rodney would like to be weak, but happily for Atlantis, he's the sort of chap who does his best work under threat of imminent doom. Carson too. But aside from that, Rodney is a forty-something best genius in the world, and Carson had That Gene - both excuses to overlook a bit of whingeing.

Keller's weakness does not propel her towards excellence, and there's nothing else to make her special. Medicine is one of those fields where experience is required in order to be an all-round best in the field type, so her genius does not override her weakness, because the world would surely have better medical geniuses to offer.

SGA is supposed to be full of people chosen to be heroes. Keller's problem (or rather my problem with Keller) is not that she's a weak woman, it's that she's a weakling in a hero's job. Wouldn't be any different if Keller was pretty little Benjamin instead of pretty little Jennifer.

*hums loudly!*

Rac80
May 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Can't we replace Rodney with Radek :D I like Zelenka alot more than whining moaning grumpy face Rodney!

yep I can go for that. ;)

FN-P90
May 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
yep I can go for that. ;)

Hey i think hes funny :P

Falcon Horus
May 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
*hums loudly!*

Why ignore the opposite viewpoint? :S

FN-P90
May 24th, 2008, 06:14 PM

She is the weakest link...No pun intended.

Rac80
May 24th, 2008, 06:18 PM

You have no idea why I am humming! ;)

Madeleine
May 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
If you'd like to explain, feel free. If not, then posting stuff that oblique and not explaining is rather pointless ;)

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Just for the hell of it. :S

McKay.

He annoys the hell out of me sometimes (which has been a sudden occurence since after Sateda). I think it's mainly due to the fact that Ronon knocked him out of my favorite character slot. :D

SG13-NightOps
May 25th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hmm, well, Let see.

I'd never want Carter to not come back, so that eliminates her.

Rodney and Ronon are the two best characters in the whole series, so losing one of them would be far to heart breaking - they are out of the running.

Woolsey is something right out of the box and is going to make things very interesting - take a lot of the predictability out of the series.. So he can stay.

Carson has always been so very cool, so while they have one, I'd more prefer the cure, than not.

Keller is one of the most unique characters to grace the stargate screen, and it would be a pity if we allowed it all to go back to the days of all heroes all the time - so I'd prefer to keep her.

Teyla has that cool wraith gift thing, so guess we should keep her.

John is the hero of the show - and while surplus to requirements here, he has the strongest ata gene and is the hero so I guess I can let him stay.

Radek rocks. Lorne should stay too - never had another team leader seen this long in a series before.

That leaves Katie Brown and Elizabeth Weir. Well Torri has already taken weir out of the running, so then - Katie gets eaten by an overgrown venus flytrap.

That was difficult.

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Wait Katie is still on the show? I figured her end with McKay was enough to take her out of the running? God that character annoys the hell out of me.

I'm with you SG13...death to Katie Brown. I normally don't bother with characters or really hold any feelings of hate either way...but this one, she needs to go.

SG13-NightOps
May 25th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Wait Katie is still on the show? I figured her end with McKay was enough to take her out of the running? God that character annoys the hell out of me.

I'm with you SG13...death to Katie Brown. I normally don't bother with characters or really hold any feelings of hate either way...but this one, she needs to go.

Well, I needed to find someone I wouldnt mind seeing killed in a way that includes crunching and digestive fluids.
Katie seemed like the perfect candidate. :D

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, I needed to find someone I wouldnt mind seeing killed in a way that includes crunching and digestive fluids.
Katie seemed like the perfect candidate. :D

Good point..but a twisted part of me wouldn't mind seeing a McKay soup for some reason. :S

But that's because I picutre him quiet for that moment in time. :D

SG13-NightOps
May 25th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Good point..but a twisted part of me wouldn't mind seeing a McKay soup for some reason. :S

But that's because I picutre him quiet for that moment in time. :D

I love my Fatman and Ronon. Rodney can get extreme at times, but I guess I always love the humour he manages to add to any moment :)

I think Katie made him more annoying, thats why she must die.

Arica12
May 25th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I love my Fatman and Ronon. Rodney can get extreme at times, but I guess I always love the humour he manages to add to any moment :)

Ooh don't agree with your selection but i am liking the method.....venus flytrap eh.....oh that has possibilities! :)

elliecat
May 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ooh don't agree with your selection but i am liking the method.....venus flytrap eh.....oh that has possibilities! :)

For Keller maybe!? :D

Arica12
May 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM
For Keller maybe!? :D

You know me so well ;)

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM
If you'd like to explain, feel free. If not, then posting stuff that oblique and not explaining is rather pointless ;)

Thank you. :o

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM

You know for me it was the opposite. It wasn't that McKay was paticularly annoying as to the fact McKay just was not McKay. He was just way OOC at times and I was all lost. I do think Katie is one of the worst recurring characters next to that other twit...what's her name...sigh the leader of the Travelers, her name escapes me for now.

Next to her Katie is actually a light in the midst of darkness. In any event, I just found the character of Katie Brown just not the kind of woman McKay would go for and really she at times counters who I've seen him attracted too.

I'll support you in that Katie Brown needs to go and never come back, not even as a dreamscape.

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
You know for me it was the opposite. It wasn't that McKay was paticularly annoying as to the fact McKay just was not McKay. He was just way OOC at times and I was all lost. I do think Katie is one of the worst recurring characters next to that other twit...what's her name...sigh the leader of the Travelers, her name escapes me for now.

Next to her Katie is actually a light in the midst of darkness. In any event, I just found the character of Katie Brown just not the kind of woman McKay would go for and really she at times counters who I've seen him attracted too.

I'll support you in that Katie Brown needs to go and never come back, not even as a dreamscape.

Oh you mean http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/zuz%20Smileys/Atlantis%20Smileys/cantstandLarrin.gif

bluealien
May 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I don't want any of them to got but less of Rodney would be good. A more balanced screentime for all of them and less of Rodney..

He is the most inconsistant character on the show. Sometimes it seems like he is growing and not being so egotistical and annoying but then we get eps like Quarantine and he reverts back to season 1 Rodney.

There is just too much focus on the character, and I am beginning to start fast forwarding now when Rodney starts to babble. Whats the point of giving him eps like Tao of Rodney if he is just going to revert back to his usual snarky self in the next ep which will most like happen after the Shrine as well.

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I don't want any of them to got but less of Rodney would be good. A more balanced screentime for all of them and less of Rodney..

He is the most inconsistant character on the show. Sometimes it seems like he is growing and not being so egotistical and annoying but then we get eps like Quarantine and he reverts back to season 1 Rodney.

There is just too much focus on the character, and I am beginning to start fast forwarding now when Rodney starts to babble. Whats the point of giving him eps like Tao of Rodney if he is just going to revert back to his usual snarky self in the next ep which will most like happen after the Shrine as well.

Yup very good point....Totally agree....You'd think he would have toned it down a bit by now!

Jackie
May 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Right on the money!

Rodney's quality doesn't mesh with the quantity of Rodney.

I just had an awful thought.

What if tptb decide to do a "Ba'al" with Rodney after figuring out posters are getting tired of him?

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Right on the money!

Rodney's quality doesn't mesh with the quantity of Rodney.

I just had an awful thought.

What if tptb decide to do a "Ba'al" with Rodney after figuring out posters are getting tired of him?

huh,what do you mean.....Oh you don't mean having multiple Rodney's do you,please tell me you don't mean that!!!http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_137.gif

PG15
May 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Nah, they wouldn't do that.

They don't care what us posters think. :D

Rac80
May 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Just for the hell of it. :S

McKay.

He annoys the hell out of me sometimes (which has been a sudden occurence since after Sateda). I think it's mainly due to the fact that Ronon knocked him out of my favorite character slot. :D

Rodney always annoys me!:D

Saving you the <snip>, just to be courteous! ;) (can't <snip> what I'm thinking though!;) )

I too would like to see more balance, it has gotten too heavily shep/mckay for me!

PG15 has figured out TPTB!

Reiko
May 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
PG15 has figured out TPTB!

» I think he's the only one that knew them all along :)

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Saving you the <snip>, just to be courteous! ;) (can't <snip> what I'm thinking though!;) )

It's also considered respectful and courteous to listen or pretend to be listening to opposite viewpoints. If you don't care, a discussion board might not be the place for you. ;)

Rac80
May 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM
It's also considered respectful and courteous to listen or pretend to be listening to opposite viewpoints. If you don't care, a discussion board might not be the place for you. ;)

Oh I read it and want to respond but realise it is useless, but since I can't stand hypocrisy (things like not standing up for what I beleive in :)) I express myself to certain people the only way I am allowed to. :D Sorry if it annoys you.

Rac80
May 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
huh,what do you mean.....Oh you don't mean having multiple Rodney's do you,please tell me you don't mean that!!!http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_137.gif

Oh remember how annoying it was to have even two rodneys in Mckay & mrs. miller. :S

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Oh remember how annoying it was to have even two rodneys in Mckay & mrs. miller. :S

http://bestsmileys.com/scared/8.gif

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Hey look... that's almost like me when I am about to being chased by the kitten. :p

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hey look... that's almost like me when I am about to being chased by the kitten. :p

hehe,ohhhhhhhhhhhhh bad Kitty....Don't worry i'll protect my litle Lemming buddy :D

Jackie
May 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM

That's exactly what I mean.

Nah, they wouldn't do that.

They don't care what us posters think. :D

Might be onto something there.

LOL.

Imagine having a 100 rodney's. each slightly different from the other. Like Ripple Effect but instead of Carter trying to figure out how to fix the problem it's a room full of Rodney's.

Ripple Effect SGA.....

A hundred different versions of shep's team comes through the gate. Each and every team has a Rodney and a Sheppard.

Most of the teams have Ronon and Teyla but a few have Keller, Larrin and one single team has a Zelenka...who is the gay version of Zelenka.

The different Rodneys:

Cool Rodney...tatoos, leather and smokes.
Geek Rodney...bow tie and glass.
Shy Rodney...barley talks.
Over arrogant Rodney...from SG-1.
Wuss Rodney...wimpy.
Pianist Rodney...science is a hobby.
Deaf rodney...speaks with sign.
blind Rodney...with cool implants.
Rodney stuck in wheel chair and talks through a computer.
Deformed and scarred Rodney...something blew up.
Childish Rodney...who acts like a kid.
Grumpy Rodney...just mean to everyone
Navy Seal Rodney...shoot to kill; ask questions later.
Cool pilot Rodney who also flies jet planes.
Military Rodney who is by the book.
Replicator Rodney...replicator turned good.
Hybrid Rodney...micheal kidnapped him instead of Teyla.
Caring and sweet Rodney.
Rainman Rodney...autistic.

I'm sure there could be more.....

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Jackie - you just conjured up my worst nightmare!! :eek:

Reiko
May 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
» Caring and sweet Rodney (but maybe with still a splash of arrogance) appeals to me :)

PG15
May 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Mute Rodney? ;)

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM

LOL.

Imagine having a 100 rodney's. each slightly different from the other. Like Ripple Effect but instead of Carter trying to figure out how to fix the problem it's a room full of Rodney's.

Ripple Effect SGA.....

A hundred different versions of shep's team comes through the gate. Each and every team has a Rodney and a Sheppard.

Most of the teams have Ronon and Teyla but a few have Keller, Larrin and one single team has a Zelenka...who is the gay version of Zelenka.

The different Rodneys:

Wuss Rodney...wimpy.
Caring and sweet Rodney.

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_117.gif.............My worst nightmare come to life..............I'll never get to sleep tonight http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_133.gif

Linda06
May 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Mute Rodney? ;)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,i like this Rodney http://bestsmileys.com/mouthzippedshut/1.gif

Jackie
May 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Jackie - you just conjured up my worst nightmare!! :eek:

maybe I should try my hand at Horror?

» Caring and sweet Rodney (but maybe with still a splash of arrogance) appeals to me :)

i was thinking an early Daniel take off. Sweet, naive, caring...you know...every woman's dream boat.

Mute Rodney? ;)

Never thought of that one. One point for PG. :jack_new_anime07:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,i like this Rodney http://bestsmileys.com/mouthzippedshut/1.gif

smiley is great. :cool::sam59:

Lets add....

Chocoholic Rodney...instead of food it's chocolate. (i could relate)

Irresistible Rodney....Rodney eats some of Lucius's herb and everyone follows him around like a god.

Cat lover Rodney...has a hundred cats in his room.
Cowboy Rodney...think Clint Eastwood.
Wack-o scientist Rodney with unkept hair, constantly sets things on fire.
Lazy Rodney who hates working.
Psychic Rodney....can see the future but fails to get the lotto numbers every time. However, he did get them for Jack.
Gay Rodney...flaming!
Daddy Rodney who is married and has 12 kids...goes around showing photos to everyone. Brags about changing a diaper in 2 seconds flat.
Car buff Rodney...who knows everything there is to know about cars.
Gambler Rodney...broke Vegas 5 times and was never caught.
Professor Rodney...who loves to teach.
Indiana Rodney...you guessed it.
Father Rodney...goes around blessing everyone.

The most bizarre thing about that list is envisioning DH actually being able to pull that off.

:mckayanime03:

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 03:33 PM
i was thinking an early Daniel take off. Sweet, naive, caring...you know...every woman's dream boat.

Nope, not seeing it... :mckay:

Jackie
May 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Nope, not seeing it... :mckay:

oops, sorry.

how about female Rodney...Rodette?

Rac80
May 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM

LOL.

Ripple Effect SGA.....

The different Rodneys:

Wuss Rodney...wimpy.
Caring and sweet Rodney.

Isn't the childish rodney...simply the usual Rodney? ;)

Mute Rodney? ;)
LOL!

oops, sorry.

Or a Rodney the cross-dresser?

Reiko
May 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
» Dominatrix Rodney :eek:

Falcon Horus
May 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM

*giggles madly*

jelgate
May 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I am officially grossed out:S:P

Rac80
May 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
» Dominatrix Rodney :eek:

yep ditto here! call an ambulance I am ill! http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/rac80/smilies/character00264.gif

Falcon Horus
May 26th, 2008, 03:16 AM

You're not the only one.

SG13-NightOps
May 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
While 100 rodneys is like a dream come true for some *TMC Joygasm* - rather than a rodette, we could have Jeannie come through as the petty, arrogant and difficult with people McKay, while Rodney is happily married to a vegan with a dozen kids.

Then Katie Brown gets eaten.

Madeleine
May 26th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Oh I read it and want to respond but realise it is useless, but since I can't stand hypocrisy (things like not standing up for what I beleive in :)) I express myself to certain people the only way I am allowed to. :D Sorry if it annoys you.

Oblique, meaningless and vague comments like that are rather pointless. If you want to criticise someone's post do it; if you want to criticise someone's behaviour PM or red them; if you want to say something that is not within the rules here, perhaps you should go find a LJ or something to say it on so the rest of us don't have to listen to your humming ;)

Linda06
May 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Ok,you guys are scaring me with all these Rodneys:S

Falcon Horus
May 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Ok,you guys are scaring me with all these Rodneys:S

:p I think that's supposed to happen...

Linda06
May 27th, 2008, 09:22 AM
:p I think that's supposed to happen...

yeah but i'm a whumper.....Am i supposed to get scared so easily :o

Falcon Horus
May 27th, 2008, 09:23 AM
yeah but i'm a whumper.....Am i supposed to get scared so easily :o

It's called self-whumpage. The lemming knows all about that. :p

Linda06
May 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
It's called self-whumpage. The lemming knows all about that. :p

uh huh....The Lemming slef whumps alot.....An awful lot ;) :p

elliecat
May 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM
After reading that interview with JS it really really must be Keller :(

Reiko
May 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
» Doctor Keller Must Die.

Integrabyte
May 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM
» Doctor Keller Must Die.

I thought you were her number one fan :D.

Falcon Horus
May 27th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I thought you were her number one fan :D.

Carson's in danger, all that changed. :p

Reiko
May 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
» Number one fan to kill her, yes :D

Integrabyte
May 28th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Carson's in danger, all that changed. :p

We knew that from Sunday :P.

atfan
May 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
After reading that interview with JS it really really must be Keller :(

What interview? Keller grated on me at first but since Trio I am not bothered by her ie she is less irritating not my favorite but she is okay.

Jumper_One
May 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
What interview? Keller grated on me at first but since Trio I am not bothered by her ie she is less irritating not my favorite but she is okay.

probably this one (http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=82)

Arctic Goddess
May 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Now that they (the producers)know that we expect someone to die this season, they will probably not kill off anyone.

nx01a
May 28th, 2008, 02:16 PM
When the audience is expecting someone to die, tptb'll kill off TWO people!

I'd honestly vote for Carson. Sorry, I loved him but he died in Sunday. I was sad, but I moved on. This Michael-influenced clone is Carson, yes, but just let him die. Let's get over the shock of having this supposedly dead friend back, then lose him again. Let Cloneson stop Michael's evil plans and then bite it. Finally give Carson a death he deserves, not getting shot [or incinerated] in the back.

jelgate
May 28th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I say PG15 should go.:P

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Finally give Carson a death he deserves, not getting shot [or incinerated] in the back.

» Deal, if Keller dies too.

PG15
May 28th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I am quite a character, aren't I? ;)

Sorry, but I'm...untouchable.

nx01a
May 28th, 2008, 02:34 PM
» Deal, if Keller dies too.Sold! But could we just have her get worn out by the stress and get reassigned? I hate having DEATH as the only way to get rid of a character. Promote her or have her leave to do high-paying civilian work.

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Sold! But could we just have her get worn out by the stress and get reassigned?

» Death. For good, no clones/ascension/replicator either. If you want, it doesn't have to be anything heroically stupid heroic. Heart attack because of the stress will do :P

nx01a
May 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Ok, that's just mean.:P I reserve bad death for Kavanaugh.;)

photocat
May 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Radek ain't a pervert, he's a lovely adorable little scientist and they should not have been mean about him in Trio.

And once Keller is gone (if only!) I vote for Larrin next ;)

Agree 100% !!!

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
» Why can I image Kav dying that way? :P

» Hit the road, Keller. :)

Rac80
May 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Now that they (the producers)know that we expect someone to die this season, they will probably not kill off anyone.
LOL mind games eh? I wouldn't put it past them!

When the audience is expecting someone to die, tptb'll kill off TWO people!

I'd honestly vote for Carson. Sorry, I loved him but he died in Sunday. I was sad, but I moved on. This Michael-influenced clone is Carson, yes, but just let him die. Let's get over the shock of having this supposedly dead friend back, then lose him again. Let Cloneson stop Michael's evil plans and then bite it. Finally give Carson a death he deserves, not getting shot [or incinerated] in the back.

Yep carson must go, he was dead, then he wasn't, so make him dead again! ;)
For a second person I vote Rodney.... he has so got to stop whining!

Infinatus
May 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Or, since it seems to be a tradition on SGA to get rid of one significant character each season, they might do it anyway.

Jackie
May 29th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Really haven't heard much on Tyela...maybe she's next on the chopping block this coming season.

We already know carter goes back to earth, won't die though.

mcSheppard is untouchable and so is Ronon.

Zelenka could also be on the block too.

Integrabyte
May 29th, 2008, 03:06 AM
So it is settled. Keller must go :P.

photocat
May 29th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Perhaps it is me...but I don't get the folks who dislike Sheppard / McKay so much so they would want to see them off the show.

I mean those two basically ARE the show. I can understand them not being your favorites...but enough you want them gone? Really? Why even watch the show then?

In retrospect I think the best cast was Season 2 / 3 (Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon, Beckett - and I enjoyed Ford as the partial-wraith/human on occassion too). I also really like the recurring characters of Zelenka, Lorne, Col Caldwell and that girl who hiccupped when nervous - can't remember her name tho.

If TPTB had just kept that group intact...at least for a few seasons.

Falcon Horus
May 29th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I mean those two basically ARE the show.

And there lies the problem. I chose McKay for the simple reason that I want the writers spend more time on other characters than on him. And that has nothing to do with him being my favorite or not, besides my favorite died in season 4.

...that girl who hiccupped when nervous - can't remember her name tho.

Dr. Lindsey Novak

That would have been nice.

Lenas
May 29th, 2008, 06:05 AM
*hit the road Keller, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more*

Have I really missed this thread?:o

Hey Keller! Time to go thru the gate *whoosh* Ops! To soon....

Integrabyte
May 29th, 2008, 06:12 AM
*hit the road Keller, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more*

Carson being the one pushing the red button :P.

photocat
May 29th, 2008, 06:22 AM
And there lies the problem. I chose McKay for the simple reason that I want the writers spend more time on other characters than on him. And that has nothing to do with him being my favorite or not, besides my favorite died in season 4.

Oh I definitely agree there. But just because the writers focus so much on these two doesn't mean I don't like them enough to want them out. I think it just means the show gets unbalanced and that is more of a writer's issue than a dislike for a character.

However, for me, I dislike the Keller and Larrin characters enough to want them gone, regardless of amount of screen time they have.

Dr. Lindsey Novak

Ah-ha! That's it - Thanks!

Lenas
May 29th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Carson being the one pushing the red button :P.

That goes without saying...;)

Reiko
May 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Perhaps it is me...but I don't get the folks who dislike Sheppard / McKay so much so they would want to see them off the show.

» It's not the issue of not liking them. It's just the fact they get so much screentime that cuts into the other's - I like both characters, infact :)

In retrospect I think the best cast was Season 2 / 3 (Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon, Beckett - and I enjoyed Ford as the partial-wraith/human on occassion too). I also really like the recurring characters of Zelenka, Lorne, Col Caldwell and that girl who hiccupped when nervous - can't remember her name tho.

» I feel the same way but new PTB just had to waltz in and screw everything up for us. ;):o

elliecat
May 29th, 2008, 09:09 AM

:lol:

PG15
May 29th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Really haven't heard much on Tyela...maybe she's next on the chopping block this coming season.

The Queen.

Jumper_One
May 29th, 2008, 12:34 PM
The Queen.

also

Hope writes: “I would like to know whether Teyla will be more involved with the different storylines in the coming Season 5?”

Answer: We’ll certainly see more of Teyla than we did in season four. As a fan of the character, you’ll no doubt love Search and Rescue, Broken Ties, and The Queen, and no doubt enjoy The Daedalus Variations, Ghost in the Machine, and The Shrine.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/april-28-2008-whispers-day-5/

Integrabyte
May 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
That goes without saying...;)

I apologize for stating the obvious :P.

Jackie
May 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
The Queen.

also

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/april-28-2008-whispers-day-5/

Well, I was avoiding the spoilers guys. :o

PG15
May 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
No wonder you've "really haven't heard much on Teyla". :p

But, uh, sorry about spoiling you. :o

Jumper_One
May 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Well, I was avoiding the spoilers guys. :o

sorry :o

No wonder you've "really haven't heard much on Teyla". :p

But, uh, sorry about spoiling you. :o

at least you only mentioned one ep ;)

Rac80
May 30th, 2008, 08:14 AM

I mean those two basically ARE the show. I can understand them not being your favorites...but enough you want them gone? Really? Why even watch the show then?

It's not that I dislike sheppard/mckay... but I do get sick of just the two of them. What I have always liked the most about atlantis was the wide variety of other characters we got to see.... there was zelenka, lorne, peter (*sob* I cried when he died!), weir, keller, cadman, caldwell, lindsay, etc.... it seems season 4 was the rodney/john show mostly.... DULL! there were too many eps simply focused on them. give us back our variety! :D

Oh and back On Topic....
carson should go! and kavanaugh!

Reiko
May 30th, 2008, 07:50 PM
» Keller should leave. I don't care. I just want to tell her "stop screwing with my show, <bleep>" ;)

» Keep Kavanaugh. :D

jelgate
May 30th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I would like to see where in the credits does it list SGA as Reiko's show.:P

Reiko
May 30th, 2008, 08:38 PM
» Oh, har-har. :P I can always edit my name on top of Brad and RCC's :P

magie
May 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I would like Keller gone. I would even go to a church and light a candle if that happens. But I know it won't, since TPTB are in love with her/JS. So if someone has to die, it will probably be Carson (already dead once but it's not like the writers will stop at the stupidity of getting him back and then killing him again), Lorne, Zelenka or Caldwell.

elliecat
May 31st, 2008, 12:20 AM
» Keller should leave. I don't care. I just want to tell her "stop screwing with my show, <bleep>" ;)

» Keep Kavanaugh. :D

Ha ha! I'd rather have Kavanagh as the doctor than Keller, at least he is mildly entertaining. A character that you love to hate is more interesting than one who is meh. ;)

Arica12
May 31st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Ha ha! I'd rather have Kavanagh as the doctor than Keller, at least he is mildly entertaining. A character that you love to hate is more interesting than one who is meh. ;)

I'd rather have TODD as the Doctor than Keller. Yes a character you love to hate is good, a character you hate to love also works (Rodney, so wrong yet so right:p) but a character you just hate. Meh, dump her.

Reiko
May 31st, 2008, 11:18 AM
» Well, we already know that Todd's hands posess healing powers ;)

elliecat
June 1st, 2008, 01:35 AM
» Well, we already know that Todd's hands posess healing powers ;)

Yep, a straight swap, Todd comes to Atlantis and Keller gets sent to the wraith. ;)

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 04:03 AM
Yep, a straight swap, Todd comes to Atlantis and Keller gets sent to the wraith. ;)

To make things easier and worthwhile, add Teyla to the Keller package :P.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM
Can we add Rodney......Can we,pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 06:42 AM

Why not. I am feeling generous today. Put Sheppard in there too :P.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 06:44 AM

YAY.....Now where did her run off to *runs off to find Rodney*

elliecat
June 1st, 2008, 06:48 AM

You leave Shep alone! :P

They can have Larrin though :D

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 06:50 AM

Oh yes please take Larrin and feed her to the wraith then put her in the airlock and send her out into space :D

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 06:55 AM

Sorry Luv, the Gel has got to go. Larrin would fit nicely in the transaction. We need to add Ronon too :P.

elliecat
June 1st, 2008, 07:09 AM
Sorry Luv, the Gel has got to go. Larrin would fit nicely in the transaction. We need to add Ronon too :P.

You could send Shep to me then I wouldn't mind?! :D

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
You could send Shep to me then I wouldn't mind?! :D

If you are a Wraith desperate to feed, sure :P.

Jackie
June 1st, 2008, 09:03 AM

pretty please with sugar on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

my list of exchangeable characters....

1. Rodney...as currently written.
2. Sheppard
3. Teyla
4. Ronon
5. Larrin
6. any replicator
7. any wraith queen
8. Full bird Colonel Carter
9. woosley

my list of keepers.....

1. Zelenka
2. Maj Lorne
3. Dr. Beckett (prefer the real one)
4. Micheal
5. Todd
6. Dr.Weir
7. the real Carter..lt colonel or below.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
pretty please with sugar on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

my list of exchangeable characters....

1. Rodney...as currently written.
2. Sheppard
3. Teyla
4. Ronon
5. Larrin
6. any replicator
7. any wraith queen
8. Full bird Colonel Carter
9. woosley

my list of keepers.....

1. Zelenka
2. Maj Lorne
3. Dr. Beckett (prefer the real one)
4. Micheal
5. Todd
6. Dr.Weir
7. the real Carter..lt colonel or below.

Oh no Teyla stays :mckay: :p

I'd swap Rodney for Zelenka..I like him so much better :D

Keep Lorne....whaaaaaaaaaaat,he's thunkilicious :o

Keep Teyla,well just look at my siggies to see why :p

Keep Shep,well cazz and gater would kill me if i said otherwise and they scare me sometimes :S

I liked SG-1 Carter better and i kinda wish they had more of her in Atlantis :(

Get rid of Larrin,can we feed her to the Wraith...Oh or we could give her to the Bolo Kai :D

Reiko
June 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM
» Well, I only see two options here:

» Package One: Keep all the S1-S3 characters, fix the crappy writing and send everybody else packing. :)

» Package Two: Get rid of all the S1-S3 characters so I can stop watching this godawful show. :rolleyes:

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
I ate toooo much :(:(:(!!!

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
I ate toooo much :(:(:(!!!

awww poor you.....Got an upset tummy now?

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
awww poor you.....Got an upset tummy now?

Yes :(. Why did I cook so much :P.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 12:22 PM
Yes :(. Why did I cook so much :P.

:rolleyes: Don't tell me....You cooked enough to feed an army of Wraith ;) :p

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
:rolleyes: Don't tell me....You cooked enough to feed an army of Wraith ;) :p

Did you spy on me? Hee hee hee...Where were we? Ah yes, The Gel must join Keller :P.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Did you spy on me? Hee hee hee...Where were we? Ah yes, The Gel must join Keller :P.

hehe,i ain't saying nothing about the gel...cazz and gater will killl me and they scare me a little.....Self preservation is a wonderful thing ;)

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
hehe,i ain't saying nothing about the gel...cazz and gater will killl me and they scare me a little.....Self preservation is a wonderful thing ;)

You can tell me, I won't tell anyone :P. Our lill secret :P.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
You can tell me, I won't tell anyone :P. Our lill secret :P.

cazz is a sneaky one....She seems to know what i'm up to most of the time :S

Integrabyte
June 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
cazz is a sneaky one....She seems to know what i'm up to most of the time :S

Blame the GEL!!! :P

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 01:34 PM
Blame the GEL!!! :P

Either that or she's got a tracking device on me ;)

Shipperahoy
June 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
The requested poll has been added. For what it's worth, I'm all for Woolsey getting the boot. He's fine in small doses as the foil or unintended comic relief but I don't think I can handle him on a full-time basis. Maybe they'll surprise me though.

Jumper_One
June 1st, 2008, 02:13 PM
ooh a poll :D I voted for Larrin

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM

oh oh oh Larrins there.......*runs like the wind*

Klenotka
June 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
I voted for Teyla - no suprise there :)
But I hesitated between her and Larrin. I think I can handle Larrin because she is only in two or three episodes and in small doses. :)

Falcon Horus
June 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Since it has become a poll, I think it's reasonable to post my updated results, for I don't need to keep track anymore now.

Keller 27

McKay 10

Woolsey 8

Larrin 6

Nobody 5

Teyla’s Baby 4
Teyla 4
Carson 4

Ronon 3
The whole cast 3

Kavanagh 2
Lorne 2

Atlantis marine #3 1
Carter 1
Chuck 1
Don’t care 1
Ellis 1
Genii 1
Lee 1
Michael 1
Season 1 to 3 cast 1
SGA 1
Sheppard 1
Some of the fans 1
The Atlantis gate 1
Todd 1
TPTB 1
Vala 1
Katie Brown 1

72 voters so far

And I still picked McKay.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
I voted for Teyla - no suprise there :)
But I hesitated between her and Larrin. I think I can handle Larrin because she is only in two or three episodes and in small doses. :)

I was swithering whether to vote Larrin or Rodney but Larrin wins hands down......She is just the silliest character ever!

Klenotka
June 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
I think that Larrin´s problem is in the actress (whatever her name is). I find her really unlikable. The way how Larrin always ties up Sheppard is just stupid (yeah, blame authors here). But I don´t think that to wear leather clothes earns her some respect at her people or possible allies/enemies.

Linda06
June 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think that Larrin´s problem is in the actress (whatever her name is). I find her really unlikable. The way how Larrin always ties up Sheppard is just stupid (yeah, blame authors here). But I don´t think that to wear leather clothes earns her some respect at her people or possible allies/enemies.

Oh that was the stupidest scene ever.....And it didn't do Shep any justice...And the way she flirts all the time and flaunts it is just ridiculous...She acts more like a dominatrix than the leader of her people and i so hope she's not in any more eps!:S

jenks
June 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Larrin.

kali1
June 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM

I mentally voted for Larrin but chose Keller. Too bad we can't vote for more than one ;)

kali1
June 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM

Oh that was the stupidest scene ever.....And it didn't do Shep any justice...And the way she flirts all the time and flaunts it is just ridiculous...She acts more like a dominatrix than the leader of her people and i so hope she's not in any more eps!:S

I hate how Larrin acts with Shep. The leader of her people....HAHAHAHA! Yeah and I'm married to JF!!! All she can do is thrust her cleavage in his face. Dominatrix is right. That's what she reminded me of when I first saw her. I'm just waiting for her to bring out the handcuffs, the whips and chains next.

jelgate
June 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
» Well, I only see two options here:» Package One: Keep all the S1-S3 characters,:Now thats what you call a reset button

Reiko
June 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Since it has become a poll, I think it's reasonable to post my updated results, for I don't need to keep track anymore now.

Keller 27

McKay 10

Woolsey 8

Larrin 6

Nobody 5

Teyla’s Baby 4
Teyla 4
Carson 4

Ronon 3
The whole cast 3

Kavanagh 2
Lorne 2

Atlantis marine #3 1
Carter 1
Chuck 1
Don’t care 1
Ellis 1
Genii 1
Lee 1
Michael 1
Season 1 to 3 cast 1
SGA 1
Sheppard 1
Some of the fans 1
The Atlantis gate 1
Todd 1
TPTB 1
Vala 1
Katie Brown 1

» More people have voted TPTB than that :P

And I still picked McKay.

Now thats what you call a reset button

» S4 finale is a reset button. ;)

PG15
June 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
That resets 1 episode... ;)

I pick "Other", in that I don't particularly wish anyone to be gone.

kali1
June 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Now thats what you call a reset button

did someone say reset button? :p http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/kali_r1/Resetbutton.jpg

Torri012
June 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
Teyla and Larrin,

though i voted for Larrin because i cant stand sheppards galaxy bi*ches ;)

Redhooks
June 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
I voted for other because Michael wasn't listed. It is nothing to do with Connor Trinneer, but I just think the writers have messed up his storyline to include Teyla's baby. Sometimes I think the writers on this show are more reluctant to get rid of a villian than a regular/recurring cast member because it is harder to come up with villians for them than a new "good guy/gal."

I don't understand all the Larrin hate, but I think those who don't want to see her in season 5 might get their wish. Maybe the hatred (jealousy??) will be transferred onto Katana?

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
They actually did it? Very nice of the mods. Hope I did not miss anyone, major, out :P. Lemme see, who to vote, who to vote :P.

Klenotka
June 2nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
I don't understand all the Larrin hate, but I think those who don't want to see her in season 5 might get their wish. Maybe the hatred (jealousy??) will be transferred onto Katana?

The problem with Larrin for me (as a woman) is that they can´t write "a leader" without naked belly and legs (Teyla) or flirty b*tch in leather (Larrin). Why can´t they make a real leader? Elizabeth was perfect and they removed her. Now all women are only eye candy. And it kind of insults me. I don´t know... I want to see a strong woman, who can defend her opinions without being dressed in funny clothes. Why does this work in Babylon 5 or Firefly but not in SG where are lots of female characters but most of them are like that? I miss S1 where Sora or Allina were in one episode and were more impressive than Larrin in three episodes.

Ice Wolf
June 2nd, 2008, 03:31 AM
I have to say Sheppard, they write poorly for the character and with Weir gone a lot of his character moments have evaporated, he's become a shadow of his former self and is almost a caricature now.

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 03:33 AM
Keller and Larrin lead the pack :P.

TJuk
June 2nd, 2008, 03:34 AM
Keller.

Without a doubt.

If I have to watch the 'blow-up doll' expression one more time, I'm liable to scratch my own eyes out.

Hell kill her, then stick an atlantis uniform on an actual blow-up doll, no one will notice the difference and that's pretty much what the character replaced for!

Dear god now I'm humming a marvin gaye song in my head...HELP ME!

elliecat
June 2nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
Oooh I like polls, Keller had to go obviously! ;)

FoolishPleasure
June 2nd, 2008, 04:02 AM
Ooooh, lookie! We got a shiny, new poll!

KELLER!

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM
It is still early :P. Things can change and maybe THE GEL will win :P.

Dr Weir
June 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Only 5 people voted for Woolsey?! You'll all live to regret it! He's Keller x 20.

elliecat
June 2nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Keller.

Without a doubt.

If I have to watch the 'blow-up doll' expression one more time, I'm liable to scratch my own eyes out.

Hell kill her, then stick an atlantis uniform on an actual blow-up doll, no one will notice the difference and that's pretty much what the character replaced for!

Dear god now I'm humming a marvin gaye song in my head...HELP ME!

:lol: Blow-up doll! She does look like that doesn't she?! :D

maxbo
June 2nd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Only 5 people voted for Woolsey?! You'll all live to regret it! He's Keller x 20.

Perhaps the reason why Woolsey is not surpassing Keller (at the moment) is because we haven't seen him in all his glory yet. At this point, I'm willing to give him the same chance that I gave Keller, despite my initial reservations.

However, if TPTB make the same mistakes with Woolsey as they did with Keller, then his character will be running neck an neck with Keller as candidates for a one way trip back to Earth, never to be seen again.

Reiko
June 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM

» Amen. I would take Lucius as a primary villain over Keller as a regular. :S

However, if TPTB make the same mistakes with Woolsey as they did with Keller, then his character will be running neck an neck with Keller as candidates for a one way trip back to Earth, never to be seen again.

» I really like Woolsey as the IOA butthole. But only as the politician/IOA butthole. I'll wait and see, but I hope that TPTB don't screw his character up. They probably will.

Dr Weir
June 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
» I really like Woolsey as the IOA butthole. But only as the politician/IOA butthole. I'll wait and see, but I hope that TPTB don't screw his character up. They probably will.
I always hated the character and don't want a pompous accountant figure as the leader.

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
I always hated the character and don't want a pompous accountant figure as the leader.

Because he is not HAWT? :P

Arica12
June 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
I love this thread so much right now;)

Linda06
June 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
I hate how Larrin acts with Shep. The leader of her people....HAHAHAHA! Yeah and I'm married to JF!!! All she can do is thrust her cleavage in his face. Dominatrix is right. That's what she reminded me of when I first saw her. I'm just waiting for her to bring out the handcuffs, the whips and chains next.

:S Ok i did not need that mental image thank you very much :mckay: :p

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
I love this thread so much right now;)

Need a cookie? :P

joebags
June 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Jenn Keller, please pack your knives and go. :)

Arica12
June 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM

I really wish people would stop giving TPTB ideas .........:S

Anyway back on topic....Keller all the way, closely followed by Larrin!

elliecat
June 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM

It's bad enough when she ties him up! I would choose Larrin second but even she cannot beat Keller and she is awful! ;)

Arica12
June 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
It's bad enough when she ties him up! I would choose Larrin second but even she cannot beat Keller and she is awful! ;)

Well no one is as bad as Keller that's a given! Little concerned that the top three choices for the boot are the female characters........now I agree they ARE the three weakest characters but it's still not nice to see. Sad sad sad, specially as Season 1 Teyla was fantastic.

elliecat
June 2nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well no one is as bad as Keller that's a given! Little concerned that the top three choices for the boot are the female characters........now I agree they ARE the three weakest characters but it's still not nice to see. Sad sad sad, specially as Season 1 Teyla was fantastic.

It is a shame that they cannot write female characters unless they are wearing low cut tops and are acting out male fantasies :rolleyes: or Keller, nuff said! ;)

Liz was great and Teyla has so much potential if they write her properly instead of using her as wallpaper.

Integrabyte
June 2nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
So far:

1. Keller
2. Larrin
3. Teyla

Shocker :P.

kali1
June 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM

Yeah I know I didn't need it either but it's there! LOL I swear TPTB are going to do it...it's just a matter of time with the direction their heading in

kali1
June 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM

Yes Keller first then Larrin. Please get rid of 'em. Larrin comes close as being just as bad as Keller IMO.

Repli!kat
June 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yes Keller first then Larrin. Please get rid of 'em. Larrin comes close as being just as bad as Keller IMO.

If we could pick 2 they would both be on my list. But since Keller is a regular (horrors), I just had to choose her to be booted. Not sure if Larrin is going to be around much in Season 5 anyway. :S

Reiko
June 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM

» I think you are supposed to hate him. Or, with the way TPTB are going, laugh at him.

» Still, I vote Keller, then Larrin. Maybe Vega, Katana or Woolsey if I'm moody enough ;)

GateofDOOM
June 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Tough Choice.
:P

GoSpikey
June 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52449&page=3

Scroll down to Morjana's post that has an article in it.

Shoot me.

Wait. If JM might leave after season 6, then it's best if Rodney gets her. Or there's an airlock with her name on it... :D

Reiko
June 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
» *refrains from swearing*

» Shoot me. Now.

kali1
June 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
If we could pick 2 they would both be on my list. But since Keller is a regular (horrors), I just had to choose her to be booted. Not sure if Larrin is going to be around much in Season 5 anyway. :S

you are right. hopefully Larrin, the dominatrix, will not be back....EVER!

kali1
June 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
» *refrains from swearing*

» Shoot me. Now.

Yeah I read that. It stinks big time. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/kali_r1/Smilies/grouphugcool.gif

Stargater34
June 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
you are right. hopefully Larrin, the dominatrix, will not be back....EVER!
I actually liked Larrin, but what do I know

Lahela
June 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
I actually liked Larrin, but what do I know

*shrugs* I don't have a problem with her either. She's a one dimensional character designed to fulfill a purpose, just like Lucius, Kolya or any number of one or two timers...

keller, on the other hand...

g.o.d
June 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
1.Teyla
2.Larrin
3.Ronon

Integrabyte
June 3rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Still Keller first? :P

Lenas
June 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
The poll is going well:)

Why Larrin, she is in one or two eps? Keller's in 15:mad:

So, Zelenka and Ronon are most popular?:ronan::zelenka25:

Integrabyte
June 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
The poll is going well:)

Why Larrin, she is in one or two eps? Keller's in 15:mad:

So, Zelenka and Ronon is most popular?:ronan::zelenka25:

You can be in one episode and win the "weakest link" award :p.

Jackie
June 3rd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Hmm, no "replace all" option?

Integrabyte
June 3rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Hmm, no "replace all" option?

My bad :(. Did not want to start a cuddle in the mud so I tried to keep it decent :P.

g.o.d
June 3rd, 2008, 04:59 AM
Teyla is still only third?? :confused: damn, this forum needs more czechs here :D

Integrabyte
June 3rd, 2008, 05:01 AM
Teyla is still only third?? :confused: damn, this forum needs more czechs here :D

I am not Czech and I don't like Teyla. Someone has to be numero uno and that is Keller :D.

g.o.d
June 3rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
I am not Czech and I don't like Teyla. Someone has to be numero uno and that is Keller :D.

but with other czechs Teyla would lead :)

Integrabyte
June 3rd, 2008, 05:05 AM
but with other czechs Teyla would lead :)

You guys have an anti Teyla fan club down there :P?

g.o.d
June 3rd, 2008, 05:06 AM
You guys have an anti Teyla fan club down there :P?

yes. But we talk about her in many threads :D