PDA

View Full Version : What character should go?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

kali1
May 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
LOL!

Ok I admit, Larrin would be pushing it, but I could put up with Lucius (am I weird?) I hasten to add, NOT full time though! That's how much I hate Keller ;)

HEHEHE!

naw, you aren't weird. If Lucius were toned down.....and I mean REALLY toned down, I might be able to accept him in place of Keller and Larrin. I agree...not full time and only in small doses. I guess he would be the lesser of the two evils......:D

elliecat
May 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
HEHEHE!

naw, you aren't weird. If Lucius were toned down.....and I mean REALLY toned down, I might be able to accept him in place of Keller and Larrin. I agree...not full time and only in small doses. I guess he would be the lesser of the two evils......:D

At least with Lucius we only get silly ships that will never ever happen, so yeah, lesser of two evils! ;)

Reiko
May 9th, 2008, 06:34 PM
.: Get rid of Keller as CMO and replace her with Carson.

.: Get rid of Larrin as on/off ally and replace her with RepliKeller. :)

Agent_Dark
May 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
beckett's dead, get over it.

g.o.d
May 9th, 2008, 11:12 PM
beckett's dead, get over it.

I agree, it's over

Klenotka
May 10th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Yeah, when he died, he should stay dead. But they just had to give him back as a clone - really original. It means that he can never be CMO and will do in the show what, exactly?

Kill anyone who isn´t part of the original S1-S3 cast, it´s simple :D (oh, and Ellis, too, because this guy is horrible). And Teyla, I would make an exception for Teyla :D

Pajus
May 10th, 2008, 02:04 AM
My opinion on this matter: Someone should send Keller (armed with her weapon of choice - the defibrillator) against Sheppard and then send HK-47 against Keller

Agent_Dark
May 10th, 2008, 04:46 AM
hk-47 is fairly noob tbh. pretty useless in teh party, offers nothing that makes him worthwhile. the only thing he's semi-good at is shooting, but since I pwn so hard he's not needed for that at all. much better going off someone who has some prime lockpick or heal skills instead.

Pajus
May 10th, 2008, 05:29 AM
hk-47 is fairly noob tbh. pretty useless in teh party, offers nothing that makes him worthwhile. the only thing he's semi-good at is shooting, but since I pwn so hard he's not needed for that at all. much better going off someone who has some prime lockpick or heal skills instead.

Have you ever thought about the fact that HK-47 is undetectable by lifesign scanners? Or the fact that he's a machine and therefore capable of affecting computers directly (not like the inferior humans)? And the shooting skills? This combination makes him perfect for such a job

Agent_Dark
May 10th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Have you ever thought about the fact that HK-47 is undetectable by lifesign scanners? Or the fact that he's a machine and therefore capable of affecting computers directly (not like the inferior humans)? And the shooting skills? This combination makes him perfect for such a job

have you ever thought that a lightsaber to face outdoes all? he's not useful to the party at all. his combat skills are average at best, easily outdone by me, and his non-combat skills are mirrored by other characters/me who are more useful to the party. plus the fact that he's a droid means he needs to be repaired, rather than healed. he goes firmly in the noob category.

Pajus
May 10th, 2008, 06:18 AM
have you ever thought that a lightsaber to face outdoes all? he's not useful to the party at all. his combat skills are average at best, easily outdone by me, and his non-combat skills are mirrored by other characters/me who are more useful to the party. plus the fact that he's a droid means he needs to be repaired, rather than healed. he goes firmly in the noob category.

Ant that's why sending him to kill characters in SGA is a good idea

Agent_Dark
May 10th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Ant that's why sending him to kill characters in SGA is a good idea

yeah, i suppose they could use him for spare parts or something.

Reiko
May 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I agree, it's over

.: Yeah, have to admit it has been since Sunday for me. But might as well go out fighting.

.: May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one. ;)

PG15
May 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
No one ever knowingly fights for the wrong side. ;)

Reiko
May 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM
.: Like I said. Not convinced yet.

g.o.d
May 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
MODS: Can we have a poll?

Integrabyte
May 11th, 2008, 07:04 AM
MODS: Can we have a poll?

We already know Keller is not the best thing for Atlantis :p.

g.o.d
May 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
We already know Keller is not the best thing for Atlantis :p.

I know, but I would like to know how many people hate Teyla like me;)

Pajus
May 11th, 2008, 09:51 AM

Start a poll

Klenotka
May 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM

I do :D

g.o.d
May 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I do :D

most of us on several czech forums hate her :D

Falcon Horus
May 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
most of us on several czech forums hate her :D

Must be a Czech-thing... :p

g.o.d
May 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Must be a Czech-thing... :p

I agree ;)

Klenotka
May 11th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I noticed that - Czechs in different forums really "love" Teyla. :D

Reiko
May 11th, 2008, 12:07 PM

.: You can start an ANTI TEYLA thread (There probably already is one) ;)

Killdeer
May 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
.: You can start an ANTI TEYLA thread (There probably already is one) ;)

I just did a search for it - I could have sworn I saw one back when I first started posting here. But it seems to have vanished. Odd, since most of the other characters have their own anti-threads, active or not. Do a search on thread titles for "anti" - some interesting threads pop up. :D I also searched for Teyla and "Tayla".

Falcon Horus
May 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
LOL, there was an Anti-Chaya thread... *g*

Anti-Teyla a little - Who should go: Ronon or Teyla? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36864) - thread dates back to october 2006

There is the Write Teyla Out-thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52355) and there are several threads in which the original poster suggests to swap Cadman with Teyla (here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52918), here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31220) and here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23185)). Of course, they all date back 2 years.
And a thread from 2005 - Teyla: The Kowalsky from Atlantis? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11247).

Killdeer
May 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
There's also Teyla (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36285) and Teyla in Season 3 (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34381) and Teyla becoming less important? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30766)

It appears that Teyla issues are nothing new.

Falcon Horus
May 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yup, and they pretty much could be lumped together in one thread... though, there not really anti like f.e. the Anti-Weir thread. They are more focused on discussion.

Reiko
May 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
.: Go have a anti-Teyla field day, g.o.d. :D

.: Discussion vs Anti is different, yup. Discussion allows all points of views, which also causes posters to point each other :P

.: I'll go look up 'Anti' now and see what interesting topics pops up. :P

Integrabyte
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Go Keller...go Keller :P.

Lenas
May 12th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Teyla??? And keep Keller???

I don't think so...

Integrabyte
May 12th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Teyla??? And keep Keller???

I don't think so...

I want all of them to go, bring Vala, Real SAM, Teal'c, Daniel, Cam and we are good :P.

Reiko
May 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM
.: You are asking for it Tegra, you know PTB are going to mess up your SG1 faves too.

Integrabyte
May 12th, 2008, 07:58 AM
.: You are asking for it Tegra, you know PTB are going to mess up your SG1 faves too.

Oh no!! I forgot about that!! I take it back! You can beat me with a stick...just don't destroy SAM more :(.

Jackie
May 12th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I think mcKay should go...that would force tptb to write for the other characters and not decorate the set with them..

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I think mcKay should go...that would force tptb to write for the other characters and not decorate the set with them..

But what will they use to decorate their background then? :o

g.o.d
May 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I still think Vala should be part of SGA...instead of that useless and boring Teyla :evil:

Integrabyte
May 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I still think Vala should be part of SGA...instead of that useless and boring Teyla :evil:

I think Vala will eat Keller alive. I love Vala...Vala is one of my faveys....hyperventilates....falls down...:P

g.o.d
May 12th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I think Vala will eat Keller alive. I love Vala...Vala is one of my faveys....hyperventilates....falls down...:P

Vala is one of the best characters..probably the best

Reiko
May 12th, 2008, 08:35 AM
.: I would pay to see Vala eat Keller :P

Lahela
May 12th, 2008, 08:40 AM
.: I would pay to see Vala eat Keller :P

I'll pay for you if I can watch too!

fumblesmcstupid
May 12th, 2008, 09:29 AM
MWAHHHHA

*EVIL LAUGH*

"I am looking for a man.....his name is CHUCK ??????"

Still no last name???

*Rubbing my hands together in evil glee*

CHUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

let's go check out a space gate with no jumper- ooops I mean YOU CHUCK (no last name freak)

Integrabyte
May 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM

That sounds wrong :P.

Klenotka
May 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM
MWAHHHHA

*EVIL LAUGH*

"I am looking for a man.....his name is CHUCK ??????"

Still no last name???

*Rubbing my hands together in evil glee*

CHUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

let's go check out a space gate with no jumper- ooops I mean YOU CHUCK (no last name freak)

Nooooooo!

I mean, seriously, Chuck was in charge of Atlantis in most episodes of S4 when Carter was absent and the team was on some heroic mission to save Sheppard´s hair....err, Teyla...:D

Jackie
May 12th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Vala was a character that should have remained a thief and a rogue element.

I didn't like them placing her on SG-1. When they toned her down they changed the character to much.

If tptb insisted on CB being cast I would rather they cast her not as Vala but as a new character without the baggage of sexual remarks and Daniel hitting.

Personally, I think CB could have played a character that was placed in charge of the SGC and a civilian rather than the flamboyant con artist that is not a good con artist.

Make the role a civilian shoe in, (No landry) and make her style of running the SGC civilian and not military.

CB as a new CO that came in after Jack left would have been cool and a deep, meaty role for CB to play.

Killdeer
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Get rid of the character that just won a Favorite TV Character award? (By a sizeable margin no less?) Seems like that would be rather suicidal of TPTB.

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Get rid of the character that just won a Favorite TV Character award? (By a sizeable margin no less?) Seems like that would be rather suicidal of TPTB.

You have got to be kidding me... *facepalm*

Anyways, TPTB are too scared for that. They haven't a clue how to write for anyone but McKay.

Jumper_One
May 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM

Anyways, TPTB are too scared for that. They haven't a clue how to write for anyone but McKay.

why?

Killdeer
May 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM

You didn't know that?

Actually, I shouldn't have said "just won." It was last summer - David won a Spacey Award for Favorite TV Character with 40% of the vote. Second place was Katee Sackhoff for Starbuck with 24% of the vote.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/06/istargate_atlantisi_nabs_two_spa.shtml

Klenotka
May 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Wrong - they can´t write anyone. Not even McKay. I am a McKay fan and I would welcome lesser screen time for him if he were better written.
I think they didn´t develop his character at all. When one writer writes him good in one episode, it´s reseted in another. And with McKay, who has so much screen time, is painfully obvious how they suck writing characters. They are doing this with all characters. They ignore and make fans hate one character (Teyla) or spoil another character by writing for him "too much" (McKay or Sheppard).

Of course, this is just my opinion, he is my favorite and I voted for him in Spaceys. But after S4 I think DH as an actor deserves to be in some better show - any of actors.

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM
You didn't know that?

Actually, I shouldn't have said "just won." It was last summer - David won a Spacey Award for Favorite TV Character with 40% of the vote. Second place was Katee Sackhoff for Starbuck with 24% of the vote.

Oh that... ah, I remember that... Nevertheless I stick with Jackie - McKay, as to give other characters a chance to shine.

fuchsia
May 12th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Okay... hit me... swear at me... but I can't STAND Carson Beckett!!!

Please... is there someone out there who thinks the same??

I started an 'anti-Carson in S5' thread and it was taken off by the mods, despite my being very careful to remain objective and non-confrontational.

Nothing at all against McGillion, but that pointy-haired guy must have some friends in high places methinks... ;)

GET RID OF BECKETT!!!!:)

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM

There is one other... according to my list which keeps track of this thread. :)

I started an 'anti-Carson in S5' thread and it was taken off by the mods, despite my being very careful to remain objective and non-confrontational.

That would be because they're not allowed anymore.

fuchsia
May 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oooh... that does make sense then.:cool:
But aren't there still some knockin' about?
Like the anti-keller thread, for example... and also...Hmmm...
actually that's about it; that one's allowed to stay, maybe cos she's rubbish;););););).

Jumper_One
May 12th, 2008, 03:27 PM

I know someone who feels the same way ;)

Oooh... that does make sense then.:cool:
But aren't there still some knockin' about?
Like the anti-keller thread, for example... and also...Hmmm...
actually that's about it; that one's allowed to stay, maybe cos she's rubbish;););););).

there's no anti-Keller thread in the s5 section

fuchsia
May 12th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I know someone who feels the same way ;)

there's no anti-Keller thread in the s5 section
It's not in S5, it's in Characters and Relationships and it's called:

The Anti-Keller Thread

It really is... trust me!

(Right now they are discussing ways of poisoning the good doctor)

Jumper_One
May 12th, 2008, 03:33 PM
It's not in S5, it's in Characters and Relationships and it's called:

The Anti-Keller Thread

It really is... trust me!

oh ok sorry I thought you were talking about the s5 section of the forum. AFAIK anti-[insert person] threads are still allowed, I'm not sure though

fuchsia
May 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
oh ok sorry I thought you were talking about the s5 section of the forum. AFAIK anti-[insert person] threads are still allowed, I'm not sure though
That's okay!
I was just over there and I wanted to join in, but was afraid they would shoot me, which is what they now want to do to Keller!
I was thinking of telling them my thoughts on Beckett... but I was seriously scared!!!

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I think the reason it still exists is because it was created way before the ban of anti/pro was put in place.

Killdeer
May 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM
As far as I know, the anti threads are still allowed in the characters and relationships forum. But that's the only place.

Jackie
May 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Hmm, what would tptb do if DH was offered and took another job?

Even McKay isn't well written. Just over written. Even eps that are non mckay centered turn into mckay eps. Just look at the last man....the ep wasn't about sheppard being the last man in pegasus. Not about micheal or teyla's son. (We have no idea what became of the boy) Nope! It was about mckay's horrible life.

You didn't know that?

Electoral vote? Gee, only 40 percent. I would assume there would be greater margins.

Wrong - they can´t write anyone. Not even McKay. I am a McKay fan and I would welcome lesser screen time for him if he were better written.
I think they didn´t develop his character at all. When one writer writes him good in one episode, it´s reseted in another. And with McKay, who has so much screen time, is painfully obvious how they suck writing characters. They are doing this with all characters. They ignore and make fans hate one character (Teyla) or spoil another character by writing for him "too much" (McKay or Sheppard).

Of course, this is just my opinion, he is my favorite and I voted for him in Spaceys. But after S4 I think DH as an actor deserves to be in some better show - any of actors.

Yep, that about sums it up.

tptb cannot write a solid character, they find a few characters they like writing for and instead of holding back on their urges to write quick comedy at McKay's expense and developing him into a meaty, deep, well thought out character we get the McKay cliché.

Imagine just how powerful McKay's presence could be if they didn't have him saving the galaxy every episode? Imagine how much better his character would be if he interacted with other character. (We get a glimps of it with carson and mckay)

if tptb reeled McKay in and out of the spotlight, wrote him with meaningful conversations between shep, teyla, ronin...he could have been the next "early Daniel" of the show.

I don't recall the ep name, early sg-1, the team discovered the replicator girl. As Daniel tried to make a real connection with her...Jack shot and killed her. Daniel looked up and said along the lines of, "You dumb son of a B#tch. She was shutting them down."

Jack replied something like, "This is how it is and we cannot risk having that thing around."

That was great!

Imagine what they could have done with mckay if they wrote him INTO the show instead of the SHOW around him.

Falcon Horus
May 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Imagine what they could have done with mckay if they wrote him INTO the show instead of the SHOW around him.

There's definitely something to wonder about... :mckay:

PG15
May 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
eps that are non mckay centered turn into mckay eps.

That makes no sense. If it's Mckay centered, then it's a McKay ep...no?

I don't recall the ep name, early sg-1, the team discovered the replicator girl. As Daniel tried to make a real connection with her...Jack shot and killed her. Daniel looked up and said along the lines of, "You dumb son of a B#tch. She was shutting them down."

Jack replied something like, "This is how it is and we cannot risk having that thing around."

That was great!

It was indeed great. That was from "Menace", by the way.

I think several scenes in Adrift corresponded well to that. And it's a gross generalization to say that McKay's always made for humor and can never have a meaningful conversation with someone. Just look at Tao of Rodney. Loads of stuff there. The Kindred Part 2, between him and Clone!Carson; Miller's Crossing between him and Sheppard; none of those were for humor. Even First Strike, for all of its spectacle, included a scene between him and Zelenka questioning the Horizon mission.

Reiko
May 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM

That sounds wrong :P.

.: *kicks Teggy*

Seems like that would be rather suicidal of TPTB.

.: Uh. They've done lots of rather suicidal things before I would not be surprised if they do it again.

.: *hits* *swears* *beats* [self-censored] *pummels* *kicks* *swears somemore*

.: You asked for it. Anytime.

jelgate
May 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I know someone who feels the same way ;)there's no anti-Keller thread in the s5 sectionYou rang

Jack_Bauer
May 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Heres wat I think....

In the mid-season two parter
Which has Daniel in it
Fly Vala to Atlantis, have Todd the Wraith come in, get pissed off at her constant whining and suck all the life out of her so she is kaput. I hate Vala, ruined SG1 for me.

Pajus
May 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
That's okay!
I was just over there and I wanted to join in, but was afraid they would shoot me, which is what they now want to do to Keller!
I was thinking of telling them my thoughts on Beckett... but I was seriously scared!!!

We were NOT takling about shooting her. We WERE talking about allowing her to use a weapon loaded with live ammo in the way the all-female team does it (there is a very slight differende between being shot and having recoil kicks beat the crap out of you)

If you have anti-Keller thoughts, you are free to share them with us. If you post anti-Beckett posts there, you will be reported to the moderators

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 02:55 AM

Nothing at all against McGillion, but that pointy-haired guy must have some friends in high places methinks... ;)

to each his own.

That makes no sense. If it's Mckay centered, then it's a McKay ep...no?

A non mckay centered ep is simply an ep that doesn't center on mckay. Non as in not.

If you have anti-Keller thoughts, you are free to share them with us. If you post anti-Beckett posts there, you will be reported to the moderators

This thread is about getting rid of a character. It is not about pro and anti and making such a statement warrants moderation. I have not reported this post but to me, it should be.

You have no right to make such statements just becuase someone doesn't like a character you do like.

She can post about Beckett negatively if she chooses as well as any other character she doesn't wish to see on the show.

You may not agree with her but you really need to step back and respect another poster's rights.

Making such statements only makes you look bad.

Pajus
May 13th, 2008, 03:07 AM
This thread is about getting rid of a character. It is not about pro and anti and making such a statement warrants moderation. I have not reported this post but to me, it should be.

You have no right to make such statements just becuase someone doesn't like a character you do like.

She can post about Beckett negatively if she chooses as well as any other character she doesn't wish to see on the show.

You may not agree with her but you really need to step back and respect another poster's rights.

Making such statements only makes you look bad.

This is not how I meant it and if this is how you understand it, than I'm sorry.

What I did mean is that when you make anti Carson comments on the anti Keller thread, I'll report you. That's all

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM
This is not how I meant it and if this is how you understand it, than I'm sorry.

What I did mean is that when you make anti Carson comments on the anti Keller thread, I'll report you. That's all

But I never did, did I?;)

I think it's odd that one can slag off Keller here at Gateworld, but not Beckett.

As for the shooting thing, apologies, cos I probably misread it... but weren't you also wanting her to take poison? Or did I misread that too??:o

Pajus
May 13th, 2008, 04:38 AM
But I never did, did I?;)

I think it's odd that one can slag off Keller here at Gateworld, but not Beckett.

If there is an anti Beckett thread, you're free to go there and voice any bashing about him there. If there is no anti Beckett thread, you are free to start one. If you want Beckett gone, you can say it here too.

As for the shooting thing, apologies, cos I probably misread it... but weren't you also wanting her to take poison? Or did I misread that too??:o

That was someone else too. I merely stated that this was already used in ep. The Tower

JackHarkness_Hot
May 13th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I completely agree with that. I've hated the Michael storyline from the very beginning. There's been times when it showed faint promise of developing into something better, but it's never panned out IMO, and I am completely tired of it, and of Teyla being his helpless hostage over and over and over again. I want to see her kill him. People have said Beckett should kill Michael - no, after what Michael's done to her and the Athosians, I think it should be Teyla.

Oh yeah, Teyla is capable of destroying Michael and it's time that she did. Come on, she is

TEYLA: WARRIOR PRINCESS

I'm not kidding either! She is so strong and a total fighting machine, so what she's still pregnant cos I think she can still do a lot of her moves. She can hide in a corner in her cell, Michael and his possie comes in looks around, she does a battle cry then take them out including her lover. Then use her and her baby's Wraith-psychic power and knock Michael out, he falls on the floor, then she just destroys him for once and for all!

P.S. I'm tired of the Michael storyline too, I hope they wrap it up soon.

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM
If there is an anti Beckett thread, you're free to go there and voice any bashing about him there. If there is no anti Beckett thread, you are free to start one. If you want Beckett gone, you can say it here too.

Well, that was my original point...
I started a thread like that and it was taken off by the mods.
This place is so unfair... *WEEPS*

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Oh yeah, Teyla is capable of destroying Michael and it's time that she did. Come on, she is

I'm not kidding either! She is so strong and a total fighting machine, so what she's still pregnant cos I think she can still do a lot of her moves. She can hide in a corner in her cell, Michael and his possie comes in looks around, she does a battle cry then take them out including her lover. Then use her and her baby's Wraith-psychic power and knock Michael out, he falls on the floor, then she just destroys him for once and for all!

Wey-hey...!
I sense a spin-off;)

Pajus
May 13th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Well, that was my original point...
I started a thread like that and it was taken off by the mods.
This place is so unfair... *WEEPS*

I must honestly say that I have never thought this was possible. The Mod in question surely sent you a PM, stating his/her reason for doing so. Maybe you can contact the moderator and negotiate something. As far as I know, creating pro and anti character threads is still allowed, so closing an anti Carson thread shouldn't happen

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Sorry for scolding you Pajus, just the post came across as being on this thread instead of a dedicated thread to me.

I can sympathize, fuchsia. It's very hard not liking a popular character.

I have issues with Vala and McKay but those two are very popular characters. I know there are few that share my opinion of them, so I don't bother with an anti-thread for them.

I am curious as to what is it about the character you don't like or is it the acting?

I never had issues with Beckett, with the exception of not understanding why the CMO is going off world. In reality they should not be sending a CMO off world unless it's a dire emergency.

That's my only real issue with Beckett.

Integrabyte
May 13th, 2008, 06:42 AM

Considering the tops she wears...you need to replace the word warrior with ...B**b :P.

JackHarkness_Hot
May 13th, 2008, 07:01 AM
uh huh ;) :P

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I must honestly say that I have never thought this was possible. The Mod in question surely sent you a PM, stating his/her reason for doing so. Maybe you can contact the moderator and negotiate something. As far as I know, creating pro and anti character threads is still allowed, so closing an anti Carson thread shouldn't happen

Sorry for scolding you Pajus, just the post came across as being on this thread instead of a dedicated thread to me.

I can sympathize, fuchsia. It's very hard not liking a popular character.

I have issues with Vala and McKay but those two are very popular characters. I know there are few that share my opinion of them, so I don't bother with an anti-thread for them.

I am curious as to what is it about the character you don't like or is it the acting?

I never had issues with Beckett, with the exception of not understanding why the CMO is going off world. In reality they should not be sending a CMO off world unless it's a dire emergency.

That's my only real issue with Beckett.

I have found my old thread!
Here it is...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53535

All it says is 'closed', and I didn't get a pm either.:(

(There used to be a cute little padlock, too:).)

Jackie, the thread contains a few of my issues with the character... I tried to be fair and not vindictive. How does it come across to you?

GateofDOOM
May 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
...do I have to chose just one?
:P

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM

Here, let me help you with that:)... simply:

Choose a doctor, any doctor - you won't go far wrong.;)

Integrabyte
May 13th, 2008, 07:54 AM

...as long as you start with K and end will ELLER...you are on the right track :P.

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
.: Jackie I think what Paj meant is he would report fuchsia is she posted anti-Carson sentiment on the Anti-Keller thread. :o Yep, that's it.

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 08:10 AM

I don't hate the guy. That's too strong a word.

I just find him BORING.

So yes, get rid of him for me too.

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I just find him BORING.

.: And Keller is .... ?

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
.: Jackie I think what Paj meant is he would report fuchsia is she posted anti-Carson sentiment on the Anti-Keller thread. :o Yep, that's it.

Are you suggesting that the anti-keller thread is pro-beckett???

Cos that would straighten things out a lot wouldn't it....;)

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 08:14 AM

.: No. It's for us Anti-Kellers. All Anti-Kellers.

jelgate
May 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Are you suggesting that the anti-keller thread is pro-beckett???Cos that would straighten things out a lot wouldn't it....;)Not nesscarily. Just because someone likes Beckett doesn't mean they?* hate Keller or somone who like Keller doesn't hate Beckett. I was?* Pro Carter and a Pro Weir when S4 was airing.

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
.: And Keller is .... ?

Not.

:D

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Not.

.: Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller. Can you?

.: If you cannot, I suggest you re-evaluate chararacterization. ;)

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Here it is...

Jackie, the thread contains a few of my issues with the character... I tried to be fair and not vindictive. How does it come across to you?

I looked at the thread. It's not a horrible thread. The mods locked it to cut down on the anti threads and try to make us all play nice. (play nice? hahahaha.)

Anyways, it would be okay to have a beckett character thread that discusses the character...pro and con. I think their is one already in the thunk-ie threads.

I do see people comparing Beckett to Keller on the anti-keller thread. Those are always pro beckett post from what I have seen. As long as the Beckett post is directly related to the keller thread...you should be able to make a statement. But I would post cautiously if I were you and keep anything neg about Beckett in direct context with Keller. Another words...you would have to post how they are alike on the anti keller thread.

I figured it out...but do we really need to make such statements on a thread that isn't even the thread in the posted statement? Should we go around giving people warnings about behavior that hasn't even happened?

Are we a bunch of 5 year olds on a playground? It's like saying...."you stay in your area or I'm telling!"

Come on posters...we can do better than that!

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Not nesscarily. Just because someone likes Beckett doesn't mean they?* hate Keller or somone who like Keller doesn't hate Beckett. I was?* Pro Carter and a Pro Weir when S4 was airing.

Hmmm... would be interesting to find out though...:)

*(Chants: POLL, POLL, POLL!)*

elliecat
May 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Hmmm... would be interesting to find out though...:)

*(Chants: POLL, POLL, POLL!)*

If you don't like Keller please come and join in the anti-keller thread, I would hate to feel that you were scared just because you don't like Beckett! We all have different opinions about who we like and don't like, I personally love Beckett but wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't.:) (I wouldn't mention that you don't like him on the anti-keller thread tho, just keep it to Keller bashing!) :D

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I'm always playing catch-up....

Not suggesting...just observing.

Most people who hate keller (with exception of a few) seem IMO, to be very pro beckett.

Overall beckett is IMO, a better character than Keller but still shy of the level of development the writer's gained with Dr. Frasier... and she was never full time.

Out of all the docs the show has had...I prefer Frasier and will write for her in anything I conjure up. I would like to do a shippy story where F raiser and Beckett have to work together on the wraith problem...mainly because I think Janet would have approached it differently.

Of course I also think...weir should have been placed on shep's team season 2. Teyla should have gone down to reoccurring character and stayed with her people. Ronon should have been a reoccurring rogue loner and stayed that way. Ford should have been developed, made immune to the wraith and holds the key to the immunity. The colonel that blamed Shep for the first colonel's death should have remained in charge of the city. Shep never should have been given a promotion to head of security and then allowed off world....should have stayed a major with weir acting in Daniel's position as translator and negotiator.

That would have shifted the direction of the show...heaven forbid they do that! :rolleyes:

.: Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller.

Some people find her very likable. I don't but that doesn't mean there isn't a reason for someone else to like her.

I would have liked keller better as a reoccurring doctor who worked with Carson but was very insecure. (say she was chubby teen and spent most of her time in books and needed people skills.) Carson could have been a mentor to her and she could have gradually worked into the series...I think people would liked her better that way.

Madeleine
May 13th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller. Can you?

If you cannot, I suggest you re-evaluate chararacterization. ;)

Reiko, please let's not get into the whole "I like my character for more reasons than you like your character" thing. It's not something you can know, since you're not psychic. And if you're going to ignore / discount all the reasons the Keller fans have posted for why they like her, then that's not terribly respectful.

Cheers.

fuchsia
May 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
If you don't like Keller please come and join in the anti-keller thread, I would hate to feel that you were scared just because you don't like Beckett! We all have different opinions about who we like and don't like, I personally love Beckett but wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't.:) (I wouldn't mention that you don't like him on the anti-keller thread tho, just keep it to Keller bashing!) :D

Thanks, mate!:)

I may just hop over and put in my 'two penorth' as we Northerners say.

Pajus
May 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Here it is...

Try to talk to a moderator and tell him/her that there was no Anti-Carson thread before. Last time I heard, pro and anti character threads were still allowed (of cours I may be wrong).

Anti-Carson talk is off-topic on the anti-Keller thread. That's all I was trying to say

Skydiver
May 13th, 2008, 09:31 AM
guys, the topic is 'which character should go'

not

how much GW sucks
how much other fans suck

or any of the other things you've been going on about.

Let's keep it on topic please

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
back on topic....

McKay should go! Followed by Woosley.

Nope, I won't even give the character a chance cause I already know he will be another McKay. *shivers*

ShadowMaat
May 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I say wipe them all out and start over from scratch. I'm sure fans wouldn't mind. ;) Maybe keep Zelenka and Lorne, just to act as a bridge between the old and new. lol

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I say wipe them all out and start over from scratch. I'm sure fans wouldn't mind. ;) Maybe keep Zelenka and Lorne, just to act as a bridge between the old and new. lol

LMAO...I actually like that idea.

Zelenka should stay for sure!!

Pajus
May 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM

Make Keller go away with McKay. Radek is a far better chioce for the lead team anyway considering the facts at hand

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I think Zelenka could replace McKay on the team. He's far more interesting than McKay...and a bit more grouchy.

Maybe there should be a "Zelenka for McKay's job" thread?

I haven't come across a single poster who doesn't like Zelenka so far.:)

PG15
May 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Nah, Stargate needs the snark. Zelenka's awesome, but IMHO a lot of it is attributed to him working alongside and bantering with McKay.

g.o.d
May 13th, 2008, 11:11 AM

I have a bad feeling that S5 will be his last season

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM

NOOOOOO!!! Don't give them any ideas! :o

Klenotka
May 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM

I have a bad(?) feeling that S5 will be the last anyway. I am not sure why, it´s just a gut feeling.

g.o.d
May 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
NOOOOOO!!! Don't give them any ideas! :o

it's not an idea

wait for mid-season partner

SpelCzech
May 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Long Live Radek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:zelenka::zelenka25::zelenka:::zelenka25:

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Nah, Stargate needs the snark. Zelenka's awesome, but IMHO a lot of it is attributed to him working alongside and bantering with McKay.

Make Zelenka McKay's boss and you would have an interesting situation.

I have a bad(?) feeling that S5 will be the last anyway. I am not sure why, it´s just a gut feeling.

Possibly. Depends on how much money skiffy wants to spend...not ratings. If NBC goes bankrupt and into restructuring...some of the older shows might be cut for budget sake. That could be on all the channels the co owns.

In my area, we have recently had a bunch of turn overs and upsets with the radio stations. DJ's who had their own morning shows for 20 plus years, loyal listeners, ect. were laid off for budget reasons. I guess local radio is having a tough time competing against the newer forms.

Just goes to show that when money is involved; nothing is sacred. :S

PG15
May 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Make Zelenka McKay's boss and you would have an interesting situation.

YES. I APPROVE.

Rac80
May 13th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I don't hate the guy. That's too strong a word.

I just find him BORING.

So yes, get rid of him for me too.

Yep Carson is too dull for me too! Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists! (they do exist, I am married to one! ;) )

Integrabyte
May 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yep Carson is too dull for me too! Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists! (they do exist, I am married to one! ;) )

Is that your professional opinion? :P

Rac80
May 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Is that your professional opinion? :P

Oh yeah, we've been married 26+ years so it's definitely my professional opinion of him! ;)

Integrabyte
May 13th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah, we've been married 26+ years so it's definitely my professional opinion of him! ;)

May that number double :P.

Rac80
May 13th, 2008, 01:52 PM
May that number double :P.

it defintiely will! what can I say, he's a great guy! :D Lucky me!

Integrabyte
May 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
it defintiely will! what can I say, he's a great guy! :D Lucky me!

Some of us are lucky that way :P. I love your sig....

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Anyways, it would be okay to have a beckett character thread that discusses the character...pro and con. I think their is one already in the thunk-ie threads.

» Teh thunkie thread is mostly fueled with, yes, thunk noises :P There is no Pro Carson or Carson Appreciation thread for anybody to post in though. I may start one :)

» In the words of your icon: BURN THEM ALL! :D

» Hmmm. Me too. Not even sure if it's a bad feeling.

Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists!

» Whoa, whoa - wait a second. Rodney is a complex multidimentional character. His tantrums are normally pulled off well. Carson is also multidimentional. And Radek is an extremely hot scruffy genius IMO. It's also about time he is Rodney's superior. That means we're back to square one: Kill Keller. :P yes, I meant that in a very lighthearted fashion...

Rac80
May 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM
» Teh thunkie thread is mostly fueled with, yes, thunk noises :P There is no Pro Carson or Carson Appreciation thread for anybody to post in though. I may start one :)

» In the words of your icon: BURN THEM ALL! :D

» Hmmm. Me too. Not even sure if it's a bad feeling.

» Whoa, whoa - wait a second. Rodney is a complex multidimentional character. His tantrums are normally pulled off well. Carson is also multidimentional. And Radek is an extremely hot scruffy genius IMO. It's also about time he is Rodney's superior. That means we're back to square one: Kill Keller. :P yes, I meant that in a very lighthearted fashion...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay, I have never met a professional anything as whiney as Rodney. Do you have kids? I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. :S For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! :D)
Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
...Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot!

That's in the eye of the beholder...

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
...Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.

I kind of like Radek & have no opinion on Rodney. He's amusing I suppose.

But agree with you about dull-as-ditchwater Carson. :)

Rac80
May 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
That's in the eye of the beholder...

Yep, that is what I said... "my definition". ;)

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Quick, put out the flames...there goes a hot nerd. LOL.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay, I have never met a professional anything as whiney as Rodney. Do you have kids? I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. :S For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! :D)
Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.

Yes, McKay whines like a little kid in a store! I have meet plenty of professionals too...none of them whine like McKay but some are just as annoying. (some as arrogant)

McKay's biggest fall back is his whining then pair that with his arrogance and what you have is a large, spoiled child.

I do wish they would develop Zelenka but I fear what tptb will develop him into. The "pervert" implications made in the trio turned my stomach. They might as well have accused him of being a child molester. It seems tptb cross hairs are on Zelenka.

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. :S For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! :D)

» What I meant by "pulled off right" was the execution by the writers and to an extent DH. It was done pretty well in the first three seasons.

Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot!

» Carson is still not dull. *checks* Yep, still not dull, and *checks* Radek is still scruffy hot :P

» *still wonders, if Carson is dull, what is Keller?* Well, dull is just boring, Keller is worse so that must make her aggravating... ;)

But agree with you about dull-as-ditchwater Carson. :)

» What about duler-than-dishwater Keller? :)

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I do wish they would develop Zelenka but I fear what tptb will develop him into. The "pervert" implications made in the trio turned my stomach. They might as well have accused him of being a child molester. It seems tptb cross hairs are on Zelenka.

I hope not. I presume you are talking about the spoilers for The Lost Tribe. Doesn't bode well for him does it.

»[/COLOR] Carson is still not dull. *checks* Yep, still not dull, and *checks* Radek is still scruffy hot :P

I find Carson dull because he doesn't DO anything. He moans a bit and that's it. What was the point of keeping him? Perhaps if he had something more to do then I would feel differently, like in Sateda. He had a shining moment & then *phut* gone again. Back to being dull.:)

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I find Carson dull because he doesn't DO anything. He moans a bit and that's it. What was the point of keeping him? Perhaps if he had something more to do then I would feel differently, like in Sateda. He had a shining moment & then *phut* gone again. Back to being dull.:)

» Carson does TONS. In comparision to Keller, who says a few things there, a few thing there, does medical stuff then ogles at Rodney and Ronon.

» Carson is a complex, beautifully flawed person. He really brings a sense of warmth and humanity to the show.:)

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
» Carson does TONS. In comparision to Keller, who says a few things there, a few thing there, does medical stuff then ogles at Rodney and Ronon.

»Carson is a complex, beautifully flawed person. He really brings a sense of warmth and humanity to the show.
:)

Don't see it myself. He moans. He doesn't like going off world. Don't see any complexity in that. Just plain dull. I can't summon even any enthusiasm to berate him roundly.

And as for Keller - lets take what you said about Carson and take off the name at the beginning ... et voila!

Keller is a complex, beautifully flawed person. She really brings a sense of warmth and humanity to the show.

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
She really brings a sense of warmth and humanity to the show.:)

I wonder which show I'm watching? :S

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
» Keller is a very flat character that does not have to deal with inner battles of concience. The most flawed she is is that she didn't get to go to any parties.

» She is a stone cold character and does not radiate the same warmth towards the other characters that Carson did. Her chemistry and scenes are flat and forced. She has humanity, no doubt, but it does not show on screen.

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
»
» She is a stone cold character and does not radiate the same warmth towards the other characters that Carson did. Her chemistry and scenes are flat and forced. She has humanity, no doubt, but it does not show on screen.

No just don't see it. Carson is too damned dull to radiate anything. He only seemed to have chemistry with Rodney. And then he was the boring straight man to Rodney's funny guy. And as for the thing with Cadman. Why would a pretty, witty girl like her find Carson attractive?? It was excruciating to watch.

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I think I like my eye better... :S

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Keller doesn't have a chance simply because of the way tptb killed of carson to bring her in.

She was tainted by that fact alone. people don't like to see such shenanigans.

If she was brought in under Beckett as a new doc prodigy, the viewers got used to her for a year as a reoccurring character, (tptb kept Beckett's departure a secret) and then killed Carson with the exploding pork chop...people would have been more tolerant of her. Hence, there is a proper way to stab your viewers in the back.:):S

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Exploding pork chop!!!?????? Greened you for that! *walks away laughing*

KindlyKeller
May 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM
.: Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller. Can you?

.: If you cannot, I suggest you re-evaluate chararacterization. ;)

Keller is first and foremost a character who exudes warmth. It is very easy to care for and be invested in someone who is so kind and compassionate, and when those qualities are conjoined with an optimistic personality and ability to find the good in the bad, I not only care about them -- I like them; they become someone I'd like to personally know.

Contrary to the credulity-stretching interpretations of events some try to pass off as fact, Keller is to my eyes extremely competent in her job, and she'll always go the extra mile to fulfill her Hippocratic Oath. The way she worked with Rodney to save Weir, the way she stood up to Teyla and saved the life of the Genii, and the way she cared for the older man in "The Seer" went a long way in endearing her to me.

She is very down-to-earth and utterly lacking in pomposity and condescension. She's a human being, and a good one at that, because she has insecurities the same as we all do -- at least I HOPE we do, because anyone who doesn't is probably a little too conceited for my tastes -- but she always rises to the occasion, not letting them impact the manner in which she carries out her duty.

I mean, it's really not hard to come up with...

FireCat
May 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Keller is first and foremost a character who exudes warmth. It is very easy to care for and be invested in someone who is so kind and compassionate, . . .

*cough* Are we watching the same show?

. . .the way she stood up to Teyla and saved the life of the Genii, . . .

I saw a screaming crybaby, giving away their position. Plus she refused to eat the food Teyla found for them. Any "good" doctor would understand one has to have protein to keep up one's strengh, but not lazy bones Keller. Who doesn't even like to walk ("trio").

and the way she cared for the older man in "The Seer" went a long way in endearing her to me.

All I saw of her in "Seer" was the usual, "I can't help him" mumbo jumbo that falls out of her mouth. And the way she cold-shouldered the Seer's daughter was terrible. I truly wanted to slap her and say, "Go talk to that poor girl!"

She is very down-to-earth and utterly lacking in pomposity and condescension. . . .

I see a self-centered, spoiled brat, "OMG, I didn't get to go to parties!"

I hope they get rid of her this year. I don't see her bringing anything to season 4, and even less to season 5. Feed her to Todd. That I would pay to watch. ;)

KindlyKeller
May 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM
*cough* Are we watching the same show?

*cough* Yes.

I saw a screaming crybaby, giving away their position. Plus she refused to eat the food Teyla found for them. Any "good" doctor would understand one has to have protein to keep up one's strengh, but not lazy bones Keller. Who doesn't even like to walk ("trio").

Is this really what it's come to? She "doesn't even like to walk." Neither do I. Neither do Rodney or Carson. I mean, honestly...

So, let's get this straight too... you think the fact that she didn't think about her body's "protein need" is more relevant than fulfilling her Hippocratic Oath and saving the Genii's life? Sounds like my HMO...

All I saw of her in "Seer" was the usual, "I can't help him" mumbo jumbo that falls out of her mouth. And the way she cold-shouldered the Seer's daughter was terrible. I truly wanted to slap her and say, "Go talk to that poor girl!"

If that's all you saw, then I don't know what to tell you. I just can't understand your particular interpretation, so there isn't much for me to comment on, because I can't even find a starting point to discuss it.

I see a self-centered, spoiled brat, "OMG, I didn't get to go to parties!"

That's a shame then, because you're not digging very deep into the character.

I hope they get rid of her this year. I don't see her bringing anything to season 4, and even less to season 5. Feed her to Todd. That I would pay to watch. ;)
I hope she's here for the duration of the show's run, and I think I'm going to get my wish.

Blencathra
May 13th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I hope she's here for the duration of the show's run, and I think I'm going to get my wish.

I think so too. :)

ShadowMaat
May 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
You do realize this is all opinion, right? Someone can say that Keller exudes warmth and be right. Someone else can say she's dull as cardboard and ALSO be right. Someone thinks Radek is scruffy and sexy and someone else thinks he's just scruffy. *shrug* If you try and "prove" your point you're just going to waste a lot of time and post space. :P

Me, I think ALL the characters could be improved. Or better yet, as I said, bail on the whole lot of them and start fresh with characters who are actually going to be interesting and at least somewhat original and who will ALL serve a purpose beyond looking pretty. Although some pretty on the side doesn't hurt. ;)

Give me characters who are three-dimensional and involved in the stories and I will be a happy camper.

KindlyKeller
May 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
You do realize this is all opinion, right? Someone can say that Keller exudes warmth and be right. Someone else can say she's dull as cardboard and ALSO be right. Someone thinks Radek is scruffy and sexy and someone else thinks he's just scruffy. *shrug* If you try and "prove" your point you're just going to waste a lot of time and post space. :P

You're totally correct that these are all opinions, but if we're not here to assert points and defend them, then why are we here?

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM
What Shadow said... Though I have to add it's TPTB who have to make them look interesting, and the current set is just not doing that (anymore).

ShadowMaat
May 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
You're totally correct that these are all opinions, but if we're not here to assert points and defend them, then why are we here?
There's making points and defending them and then there's just bitc bickering back and forth, dripping insults and inflaming tempers without ever gaining any ground at all. Sure, so far the insults are only directed at fictional characters, but give it time and it'll undoubtedly cross the line. :rolleyes: And for what? So someone can "prove" that a character is awesome? Or that a character sucks?

If it's about trying to understand why someone loves a character you hate (or vice versa) that's one thing, but when it's just one vs. the other it's just fighting. And given that this thread is more about which characters should go rather than who's awesome and who's not, the "debates" are probably a bit off topic. ;)

I say have the whole team- regular and supporting characters alike- do battle in a ring of jello. Whoever wins can stay on the show. Whoever loses gets fed to Joe's pugs. ;)

KindlyKeller
May 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'm no fan of the nasty tone things take at times either. But when people are constantly putting those sentiments out there, I'm going to offer rebuttal where able. And, in my opinion, I'm not wrong to do so.

But I'm all for civility.

PG15
May 13th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Civility would be nice.

It's too bad the fandom just can't manage it. It feels like an elementary schoolyard around here sometimes (like, right now), with bullies running around laughing and ridiculing and insulting. It's pathetic, and it's disgusting. The fact that people can't voice their displeasure without their responses dripping in sarcasm and insults is...well hey, it's normal, isn't it?

This thread won't last much longer; at least I hope not. It's BUILT on slagging off characters, characters with fans attached to them whose passion for defense is strong.

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
And thus voicing a different opinion is wrong...yet again.

If it isn't all about love and rainbows, and sunshine and happy thoughts - it's considered bad and wrong. Here we go again... We have threads to talk/discuss/complain about that. Take it over there if you want to revive and talk/discuss/complain about that aspect or leave.

*lemming is feeling pissed off* (Can you tell?)

PG15
May 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
And thus voicing a different opinion is wrong...yet again.

NO. No, absolutely not.

Once again, the difference between what the opinion is, and how that opinion is expressed is forgotten. It should not be.

Falcon Horus
May 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Once again, the difference between what the opinion is, and how that opinion is expressed is forgotten. It should not be.

I guess... :ford:

Reiko
May 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
No just don't see it. Carson is too damned dull to radiate anything. He only seemed to have chemistry with Rodney. And then he was the boring straight man to Rodney's funny guy. And as for the thing with Cadman. Why would a pretty, witty girl like her find Carson attractive?? It was excruciating to watch.

» You know what, I'm not even going to bother with you, but we're probably not done with this debate either. Showing your love for her by attacking Carson ... It's like me showing my love for Carson by attacking Keller, definately not true. ;)

Give me characters who are three-dimensional and involved in the stories and I will be a happy camper.

» Which, no one is at the moment really. Some are just worse off than others;)

And for what? So someone can "prove" that a character is awesome? Or that a character sucks?

» Because I'm petty and it's fun. :)

Jackie
May 13th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Civility would be nice.

It's too bad the fandom just can't manage it. It feels like an elementary schoolyard around here sometimes (like, right now), with bullies running around laughing and ridiculing and insulting. It's pathetic, and it's disgusting. The fact that people can't voice their displeasure without their responses dripping in sarcasm and insults is...well hey, it's normal, isn't it?

This thread won't last much longer; at least I hope not. It's BUILT on slagging off characters, characters with fans attached to them whose passion for defense is strong.

The very thing that fuels the thread is what keeps it alive. People love drama...in any form. Just look at the evening news...if it bleeds; it leads.

People also like to be agreed with in general.

Those who come here are looking to debate. I would hope the posters debate with respect to one another and not be like politicians who sling mud at each other.

PG15
May 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Indeed. I've seen threads grow by half-a-dozen pages in one night because someone sparked off a debate.

But there is another way for a thread to grow, and it's when a group of like-minded individuals start playing off each other, and before you know it, the thread gone south.

And it's not all negative comments either.

Jack_Bauer
May 14th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wat about......

Dr Lee?

kali1
May 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
So......

do any other characters need to go?

g.o.d
May 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM
So......

do any other characters need to go?

I would be satisfied if Teyla goes

Integrabyte
May 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Click me :P. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=8237641#post8237641)

Pajus
May 15th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I would be satisfied if Teyla goes

Hope this (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/4/How_it_should_have_been) will satisfy you enough (Teyla's 2nd entry on my S4 list of character deaths - I know... physics suck)

g.o.d
May 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hope this (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/4/How_it_should_have_been) will satisfy you enough (Teyla's 2nd entry on my S4 list of character deaths - I know... physics suck)

great!!!!

I can't green you :(

Pajus
May 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
great!!!!

I can't green you :(

Sending a nice review is just as good

Arica12
May 15th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Keller
Keller
Keller
Keller

And if she takes Larrin with her that would be the icing on the cake.

Though I would like a half decent exit story so that at least the character wasn't a complete waste of time and space

Integrabyte
May 15th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Keller
Keller
Keller
Keller

And if she takes Larrin with her that would be the icing on the cake.

Though I would like a half decent exit story so that at least the character wasn't a complete waste of time and space

Say that backwards :P.

Linda06
May 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
McKay because he's really starting to annoy me bigtime with his incessant whining :S

Or McKay and Larrin can run off together never to be see or heard from ever again :D

Arica12
May 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Say that backwards :P.

Hey if they get rid of her I'll be so happy I will say something nice about her!

(I'm guessing that's one bet I'll never have to make good so I'm not worried....;))

Integrabyte
May 15th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I will not mind Keller if she returns to the SGC. As long as she is in Atlantis I will shoot my neighbors :P.

Reiko
May 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
McKay because he's really starting to annoy me bigtime with his incessant whining :S

» And Keller does not?

I will not mind Keller if she returns to the SGC. As long as she is in Atlantis I will shoot my neighbors :P.

[mod snip]

maylet
May 15th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Woolsey, I don't like him, I just don't want him on Atlantis, I can't even start to think all the problems the team will have because of him

Rac80
May 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM

the only chemistry I ever saw between carson and rodney was the (forgettable) kiss. :S Never been a slash fan. So please take the dull, boring, whiney Carson away!
I always thought cadman and lorne would be a cute couple! ;)

Reiko
May 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM
» Cadman and Lorne would be cute :)

» I cannot see how you guys hate Carson when Keller is 200x worse. Some people I will never understand, as most people never understand me.

jelgate
May 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
» Cadman and Lorne would be cute :)» I cannot see how you guys hate Carson when Keller is 200x worse. Some people I will never understand, as most people never understand me.Beckett is dull and predictable

Rac80
May 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM
» Cadman and Lorne would be cute :)

» I cannot see how you guys hate Carson when Keller is 200x worse. Some people I will never understand, as most people never understand me.

NOW you have learned what makes the world go around and around, different likes and dislikes, different choices, different lives. I don't hate Carson, just find him DULL and BORRRRIIINNGGG!!! I actually liked the actor when he was in SG1's torment of tantalus as Katharine's old lover. That character was sweet.
Couldn't you just see Cadman flirting with Lorne and his cute lil grin? ;)

Integrabyte
May 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM
» And Keller does not?

[mod snip]

They snipped you :P. Tell me on PM!!! :P

Rac80
May 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
*waves to jelgate* hello you! :D

jelgate
May 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Huh?

Rac80
May 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Huh?

Ya know if you fall alseep on the keyboard enough times all of the little buttons will bcome glued to your face :P

ShadowMaat
May 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I take it back. Kill off everyone, Lorne and Zelenka included, and leave Kavanagh as the sole survivor. It'd almost be fitting, in a way. ;)

Pajus
May 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I take it back. Kill off everyone, Lorne and Zelenka included, and leave Kavanagh as the sole survivor. It'd almost be fitting, in a way. ;)

Had the laws of physics been obeyed in S4, your wish would pretty much come true. Read here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/1/How_it_should_have_been) for further details.

And here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/2/How_it_should_have_been) is one more story with the same ending. It's from season 2

Integrabyte
May 16th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Keller :P.

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 06:36 AM
» And Keller does not?

[mod snip]

Not nearly as much as Rodney...His whining is incessant!

Integrabyte
May 16th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I still want to know why Reiko was snipped :P.

Jackie
May 16th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Rodney should go....it would be most fitting.

He's become the star of the show...not Sheppard.

If DH took a better job offer or had to reduce his role to reoccurring tptb wouldn't know what to do with Sheppard or anyone else. This would either close the show or force tptb to do their job and not just write for the favorite characters.

The only character tptb hasn't either wallpapered or assassinated is Rodney. His development , though far more advanced than the other characters, still falls short of what he could be.

Sheppard could go too...his character has been playing second fiddle to Rodney, in MC tptb basically assassinated him IMO.

Weir has now been assassinated to me. Making her into a replicator kind of did it for me.

Beckett...assassinated as well. He's now a clone, so why should I care about him.

Colonel Carter became a former shell of herself.

Keller is the female version of Rodney. Blah!

The only good ones left are Zelenaka and Major Lorne and I'm sure they will not survive season 5 intact if at all.

Yep, Shadowmaat is right....we should get rid of the whole lot of them!

Bring on Stargate Barbie...LOL.

Rac80
May 16th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I agree with your comments on Rodney-the-whiner. I also think they need to get rid of Carson.... he has no pizzazz!

Integrabyte
May 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I agree with your comments on Rodney-the-whiner. I also think they need to get rid of Carson.... he has no pizzazz!

But Carson is not back :P.

Jackie
May 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
But Carson is not back :P.

Exactly, they didn't bring back Carson. They brought in Beckett's clone.

What more could tptb do to cheapen the character even further?

First he dies in the most ridicules way and then we get his clone.

He doesn't ascend and then descend, we don't get a ghost or altered time line. We don't even get AU Carson.

We get Xerox Carson.

What's the point in that?

Cautious Explorer
May 16th, 2008, 09:14 AM
If I had to pick just one, it would have to be Keller. Why do they have to make her behave so childishly? She's clingy and whiney and so very boring.
Now that Carson's back, she's not needed anyway.

If I can choose more:

Carter is as good as gone -- hopefully they'll leave it at one episode to explain her exit, and we'll be done with her.

I don't want Rodney gone completely, but his role should be greatly reduced. Put him back to the level of one of the team, no more, no less.

Larrin needs to disappear. I'd like to see a strong, female leader, but TPTB obviously don't have a clue with this one. And she has absolutely no chemistry with Sheppard.

Lahela
May 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I still want to know why Reiko was snipped :P.

Me too!!!

They can keep everyone, even make Lucius a regular, if they get rid of the dull as dishwater Keller. I couldn't give a monkey's who replaces her either :p

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
If I had to pick just one, it would have to be Keller. Why do they have to make her behave so childishly? She's clingy and whiney and so very boring.
Now that Carson's back, she's not needed anyway.

Larrin needs to disappear. I'd like to see a strong, female leader, but TPTB obviously don't have a clue with this one. And she has absolutely no chemistry with Sheppard.

They really were terrible together they made me cringe! The travelers could have been quite interesting but for her imo.

I would vote Keller as way way way top of my list, Larrin would be second and Carter's going anyway so I have one of my wishes :p

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Rodney should go....it would be most fitting.

He's become the star of the show...not Sheppard.

If DH took a better job offer or had to reduce his role to reoccurring tptb wouldn't know what to do with Sheppard or anyone else. This would either close the show or force tptb to do their job and not just write for the favorite characters.

The only character tptb hasn't either wallpapered or assassinated is Rodney. His development , though far more advanced than the other characters, still falls short of what he could be.

Sheppard could go too...his character has been playing second fiddle to Rodney, in MC tptb basically assassinated him IMO.

Weir has now been assassinated to me. Making her into a replicator kind of did it for me.

Beckett...assassinated as well. He's now a clone, so why should I care about him.

Colonel Carter became a former shell of herself.

Keller is the female version of Rodney. Blah!

The only good ones left are Zelenaka and Major Lorne and I'm sure they will not survive season 5 intact if at all.

Yep, Shadowmaat is right....we should get rid of the whole lot of them!

Bring on Stargate Barbie...LOL.

Well i think the only folks that are trully 100% happy about next season is the McKay fans so that say it all really...I think Sheppard was supposed to be the main character but guess i was wrong,it's McKay...Maybe they should just rename it the Rodney McKay show and have his name first in the credits and they could have "his trusted sidekicks" come up next..

I'd rather have Zelenka as a regular than McKay,at least he doesn't whine and moan every waking hour!

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
[/B]

They really were terrible together they made me cringe! The travelers could have been quite interesting but for her imo.

I would vote Keller as way way way top of my list, Larrin would be second and Carter's going anyway so I have one of my wishes :p

UGH...Larrin..I can't stand her and that scene in BAMSR with Shep tied to the chair was just pathetic beyond belief!

Arica12
May 16th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Me too!!!

They can keep everyone, even make Lucius a regular, if they get rid of the dull as dishwater Keller. I couldn't give a monkey's who replaces her either :p

Yes it's funny how so many of us used to think Lucius was the bottom of the barrel..... Actually that's not that funny.

I just wish TPTB hadn't taken the reaction to Lucius as a challenge to write in an even worse character, though credit where credit is due Lucius now doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as he did last year by comparison to you know who.;)

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Yes it's funny how so many of us used to think Lucius was the bottom of the barrel..... Actually that's not that funny.

I just wish TPTB hadn't taken the reaction to Lucius as a challenge to write in an even worse character, though credit where credit is due Lucius now doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as he did last year by comparison to you know who.;)

um......i quite liked Lucius :o um ok i'm leaving now *wanders out thread hanging head in shame*

fuchsia
May 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I'd like to know what Reiko said that was soooo bad that he was snipped...

because I am very nosey.:)

And I think Sheppard and Larrin are like blocks of wood when they're together.
She makes a most unlikely leader of big, burly men.

Oh, and lets have more of them on the show... big, burly men I mean;)

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'd like to know what Reiko said that was soooo bad that he was snipped...

because I am very nosey.:)

And I think Sheppard and Larrin are like blocks of wood when they're together.
She makes a most unlikely leader of big, burly men.

Oh, and lets have more of them on the show... big, burly men I mean;)

Oh i second that...Can't have too many big burly men :D

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
UGH...Larrin..I can't stand her and that scene in BAMSR with Shep tied to the chair was just pathetic beyond belief!

That scene really was pathetic!:rolleyes: Was it supposed to be funny??!! Where was everyone else, did they not get tied up?!! :p

And I really can't see anyone taking her seriously as a leader of that many people, what a joke!

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 12:46 PM
That scene really was pathetic!:rolleyes: Was it supposed to be funny??!! Where was everyone else, did they not get tied up?!! :p

And I really can't see anyone taking her seriously as a leader of that many people, what a joke!

Yes it was..Shep deserved better...He could have stood up and shook that rubber band off him if he wanted :rolleyes: She ain't exactly got much presence,how is any guy gonna take her seriously,leader...Aye right :cool:

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Yes it was..Shep deserved better...He could have stood up and shook that rubber band off him if he wanted :rolleyes: She ain't exactly got much presence,how is any guy gonna take her seriously,leader...Aye right :cool:

Yeah it made Shep look really useless and weak letting her do that to him aswell, she has to go! ;)

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah it made Shep look really useless and weak letting her do that to him aswell, she has to go! ;)

oh oh,can i fling her out the airlock....huh huh,can i!!

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
oh oh,can i fling her out the airlock....huh huh,can i!!

Ok you can throw Larrin out and I will throw out Keller :D

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 01:07 PM

YAY...WOOHOO http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/zuz%20Smileys/Atlantis%20Smileys/cantstandLarrin.gif

scoosh scoosh scoosh scooshhttp://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/zuz%20Smileys/Atlantis%20Smileys/raidlarrin.jpg

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
YAY...WOOHOO http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/zuz%20Smileys/Atlantis%20Smileys/cantstandLarrin.gif

scoosh scoosh scoosh scooshhttp://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/zuz%20Smileys/Atlantis%20Smileys/raidlarrin.jpg

:lol:

That is brilliant!! :D

Redhooks
May 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
:eek: NO!!
Mostly for the former, but the latter can just be sent back to Earth at the end of the season. :D

Sheppard was also strapped down with some type of harness (attached to the chair) underneath the tubing (not a rubber band :rolleyes:) the Travelers use as insulation for their "repairs."

I agree that the writers used Larrin more as a joke in BAMSR than in Travelers itself. I think the character could be saved if the writing for her was much better. Unfortunately, Larrin is not going to be in the mid-season two-parter and it will be interesting if Katana will be written better or not if you assume, like I do, that the part was originally for Larrin. I hope there is an opportunity later in the season to have Larrin return when Jill Wagner is available to shoot an episode (or two. ;))

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
:lol:

That is brilliant!! :D

heehee,i do try :D smiley was by zuz and spray was by sillyscipia i think :D

Sheppard was also strapped down with some type of harness (attached to the chair) underneath the tubing (not a rubber band :rolleyes:) the Travelers use as insulation for their "repairs."

I agree that the writers used Larrin more as a joke in BAMSR than in Travelers itself. I think the character could be saved if the writing for her was much better. Unfortunately, Larrin is not going to be in the mid-season two-parter and it will be interesting if Katana will be written better or not if you assume, like I do, that the part was originally for Larrin. I hope there is an opportunity later in the season to have Larrin return when Jill Wagner is available to shoot an episode (or two. ;))

Huh he was :confused: I missed that...But then again i wasn't paying that much attention :o

I dunno,maybe if they didn't have her so scantily clad and flirty i would like her more but the way they've portrayed her,it was just such a cliche to me :o

She just doesn't come of as a leader type to me!

kali1
May 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM

I'll join you on both accounts. I'll like to see both Larrin and Keller disappear in a black hole, never to be seen or heard from again. Well, that is my dream anywho ;)

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'll join you on both accounts. I'll like to see both Larrin and Keller disappear in a black hole, never to be seen or heard from again. Well, that is my dream anywho ;)

Come and join the airlock party! I'll bring the snacks :D

Rac80
May 16th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Exactly, they didn't bring back Carson. They brought in Beckett's clone.

What more could tptb do to cheapen the character even further?

First he dies in the most ridicules way and then we get his clone.

He doesn't ascend and then descend, we don't get a ghost or altered time line. We don't even get AU Carson.

We get Xerox Carson.

What's the point in that?
Ok tthat remark reminds me of a movie called "Multiplicity" where the clones get more and more defective. ;)

Well i think the only folks that are trully 100% happy about next season is the McKay fans so that say it all really...I think Sheppard was supposed to be the main character but guess i was wrong,it's McKay...Maybe they should just rename it the Rodney McKay show and have his name first in the credits and they could have "his trusted sidekicks" come up next..

I'd rather have Zelenka as a regular than McKay,at least he doesn't whine and moan every waking hour!

Yeah Zelenka would be better as a regular, he might complain in czech but he does his job!

heehee,i do try :D smiley was by zuz and spray was by sillyscipia i think :D

Huh he was :confused: I missed that...But then again i wasn't paying that much attention :o

I dunno,maybe if they didn't have her so scantily clad and flirty i would like her more but the way they've portrayed her,it was just such a cliche to me :o

She just doesn't come of as a leader type to me!

I too am NOT a Larrin fan, too much of an attempt at S&M there, that was the one embarassing example of shep kirking!:(
Get rid of Carson though.... we've already... "been there, done that" with him.

Linda06
May 16th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah Zelenka would be better as a regular, he might complain in czech but he does his job!

heh um i like when Zelenka starts babbling in Czech :o His voice is not nearly as annoying as Rodney's,Rodney's voice just goes right through ya!

elliecat
May 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
heh um i like when Zelenka starts babbling in Czech :o His voice is not nearly as annoying as Rodney's,Rodney's voice just goes right through ya!

Zelenka is just great when he starts babbling in Czech! I would love to see an episode where he is Rodney's boss, Rodney just wouldn't be able to handle that! He would be a great regular I think most people would agree, everyone loves Radek. :)

Reiko
May 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
» What is people's fascination with me being snipped? And btw Reiko (me) is female :)

» Um - what ShadowMaat said. Kill Radek, Lorne, and everyone else I care about. Heck, even kill Carson. Especially him. Because then I won't have to bother with watching this awful show anymore :rolleyes:

Integrabyte
May 16th, 2008, 03:07 PM
» What is people's fascination with me being snipped? And btw Reiko (me) is female :)

» Um - what ShadowMaat said. Kill Radek, Lorne, and everyone else I care about. Heck, even kill Carson. Especially him. Because then I won't have to bother with watching this awful show anymore :rolleyes:

You? Female? Since when? :P

Reiko
May 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
» *knocks on top of head with a big stick* Hey, you've had more people get confused with your gender than I ;)

» Raise your hands if you ever thought Integrabyte was a woman :P

Integrabyte
May 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
» *knocks on top of head with a big stick* Hey, you've had more people get confused with your gender than I ;)

» Raise your hands if you ever thought Integrabyte was a woman :P

Keep them up people because the same hands will be cut off with my chainsaw :P.

jelgate
May 16th, 2008, 03:19 PM
*spits out coffee.*

Are you telling me Intergrabyte is a male. She He acts like a female.

Falcon Horus
May 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Always known he was a dude, so I get to keep my hands... Yay!

ShadowMaat
May 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Look at what TPTB have done to the regular characters then ask yourself if you REALLY want to risk subjecting Zelenka (or any other supporting character you-in-general like) to that kind of BS. Are you willing to take that risk? And with Zelenka in particular given that whole hair-sniffing misfired joke/implication of perviness do you want to see how TPTB might exploit that in a regular full-time character?

Personally I think we'd be better off with killing Zelenka if for no other reason than because it'd save whatever dignity his character has left. Reiko's got the right idea: kill off everyone I like so I won't have to watch anymore. ;)

PG15
May 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Or you can exercise some self-control and just stop watching...now. ;)

ShadowMaat
May 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well, I only watch the eps Lorne is in and sometimes not even then (yeah, I'm a bad thunker) but at least without any favorite characters I wouldn't feel like I was missing anything. :P

Reiko
May 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
» Yup. The only characters I really still care for that have not been corrupted or abused are Zelenka and Lorne. And I'm just watching the Carson episodes because I love him and could care less if he is a clone.

» Kill them all and replace them with shiny new toys, namely actors from other sci-fi shows and appeals to the prepubescent demographic. I doubt most people would even notice that Teyla is missing :S

SpaceCowboy
May 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Try this one on for size: How about they get rid of all the characters......and replace them with exact duplicates of themselves.

Or maybe I just need to get some sleep.

Integrabyte
May 17th, 2008, 02:39 AM
We should call this day: Send Keller to the fishes Saturday...and the next saturday...and the next :P.

Integrabyte
May 17th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Always known he was a dude, so I get to keep my hands... Yay!

You have a good eye doctor :P.

Falcon Horus
May 17th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I doubt most people would even notice that Teyla is missing :S

Can't miss what's hardly there in the first place... I wouldn't even miss her cause I'd stop watching in the blink of an eye.

Linda06
May 17th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Can't miss what's hardly there in the first place... I wouldn't even miss her cause I'd stop watching in the blink of an eye.

Oh believe me....No Teyla me no watchy!;)

Reiko
May 17th, 2008, 06:49 AM
» Teyla's not my favourite but I still love her character which is now wasted potential.

» It would be entertaining to see Teyla go, I would love to see TPTB lose another fraction of their remaining female audience. :rolleyes:

» Given that it seems most Teyla fans are female.

Integrabyte
May 17th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Oh believe me....No Teyla me no watchy!;)

I cannot stand Teyla :o.

Reiko
May 17th, 2008, 06:56 AM
» I can't stand SGA at the moment so ... :o

Integrabyte
May 17th, 2008, 06:58 AM
» I can't stand SGA at the moment so ... :o

I am not gonna watch so ...:P

Linda06
May 17th, 2008, 06:59 AM
» Teyla's not my favourite but I still love her character which is now wasted potential.

» It would be entertaining to see Teyla go, I would love to see TPTB lose another fraction of their remaining female audience. :rolleyes:

Aye and i'll be one of them that'll be leaving if that happens ;)

I cannot stand Teyla :o.

That's ok,not everyone likes the same characters.....At this moment in time i can't stand Rodney ;)

Integrabyte
May 17th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Aye and i'll be one of them that'll be leaving if that happens ;)

That's ok,not everyone likes the same characters.....At this moment in time i can't stand Rodney ;)

The thing with me is...I don't like any of the SGA characters. I hate Keller more than anyone but if I take her out...I hate all of them equally. I loved SAM, they brought her in...destroyed her image, shoved her out :P.

Linda06
May 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM
The thing with me is...I don't like any of the SGA characters. I hate Keller more than anyone but if I take her out...I hate all of them equally. I loved SAM, they brought her in...destroyed her image, shoved her out :P.

I don't mind Keller,whether she's in it or not doesn't bother me though....Now i wanna see more of my baby Major (HOTTIE) Lorne ;)

I loved Sam in SG-1 but um....i really don't like her with long hair...Gimme short haired Carter back :o

Jackie
May 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I like short haired Carter over long hair Sam too.

On an interesting note:

I watched a MASH special last night (old one) and Alan Alda (Hawkeye) stated that unless he had the same old pair of boots to wear he couldn't really get into his character. That the boots were so important to maintain his character, he wore the same pair all 11 seasons. He even kept the boots after the show was done.

I can't help but wonder if something similar happened to Sam. With short hair AT seems to me to do a better job of portraying Sam than with long hair.:)

Lahela
May 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I like short haired Carter over long hair Sam too.

On an interesting note:

I watched a MASH special last night (old one) and Alan Alda (Hawkeye) stated that unless he had the same old pair of boots to wear he couldn't really get into his character. That the boots were so important to maintain his character, he wore the same pair all 11 seasons. He even kept the boots after the show was done.

I can't help but wonder if something similar happened to Sam. With short hair AT seems to me to do a better job of portraying Sam than with long hair.:)

Or perhaps it was the ridiculously ill-fitting uniform she had to wear in SGA... it would have done my head in to have to wear that ;)

Reiko
May 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
» *shudders at the though of tight new uniforms*

Sp!der
May 17th, 2008, 09:56 AM
sorry..Teyla..i don't like her.

bluealien
May 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM

I don't see her as wasted potential at all. She is a great part of the show and part of the reason I watch. Rachel's pregnancy changed her role in season 4 and it was great of the ptb to accomodate it into the show. I'm generally not a fan of baby stories so therefore I'm glad that this storyline is coming to an end, but up until then I've always been happy with Teyla and I'm looking forward to seeing her in season 5.
All this thread has ascertained is that fans have different tastes and like different characters. Some consider certain characters great while others see them as being awful and at times the same with the writing for them. The characters that engage me the most are Sheppard/Teyla/Ronon and Zelenka. I could take or leave any of the others and only like them in small doses.

But just because I find McKay annoying and whinney, or Carson boring and bland, or Keller meh, I realise that there are others out there who love these characters and therefore why should I demand they get kicked off the show just because they don't appeal to me all that much. All the characters probably have good and bad qualities and there is always the fast forward button if a characters really annoyes you that much.

fuchsia
May 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I don't see her as wasted potential at all. She is a great part of the show and part of the reason I watch. Rachel's pregnancy changed her role in season 4 and it was great of the ptb to accomodate it into the show. I'm generally not a fan of baby stories so therefore I'm glad that this storyline is coming to an end, but up until then I've always been happy with Teyla and I'm looking forward to seeing her in season 5.
All this thread has ascertained is that fans have different tastes and like different characters. Some consider certain characters great while others see them as being awful and at times the same with the writing for them. The characters that engage me the most are Sheppard/Teyla/Ronon and Zelenka. I could take or leave any of the others and only like them in small doses.

But just because I find McKay annoying and whinney, or Carson boring and bland, or Keller meh, I realise that there are others out there who love these characters and therefore why should I demand they get kicked off the show just because they don't appeal to me all that much. All the characters probably have good and bad qualities and there is always the fast forward button if a characters really annoyes you that much.

That's a good point - well said, mate!

Flossy
May 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I agree!

Still, I think that if any of the characters deserve to be killed/axed/whatever, it should be Woolsey. Hated him in SG-1, so will probably hate him in SGA - unless they've given him a charisma transplant.

Anyways, I happen like characters that are flawed in sone way - they can't all be goody-two-shoes all of the time, so it's nice to see the slightly nastier qualities once in a while!

ShadowMaat
May 17th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Ah, the irony: "Woolsey annoys me, kill him off! I like characters who are flawed!" LOL!

People usually say the same thing about Kavanagh- that he's a jerk and thus needs to die.

Personally that tends to be what I LIKE about such characters- they aren't supposed to be likable, they aren't supposed to be good and perfect, but they ARE supposed to act like jerks. And it isn't about loving someone who's a creep, it's about loving what they bring to the show: conflict. I may have some pretty deep-rooted issues about Woolsey's "promotion" but it doesn't have to do with his attitude and I've loved (or loved to hate) Kavanagh since he was first introduced. Heck, I wish they'd use him more often. And having seen Ben Cotton on Supernatural with short hair, I gotta say the boy cleans up good. :D

Frankly I'm kinda counting on Woolsey's ill-suitedness and hoping that curtail some of TATIS (Teh Awesomeness That Is Shep) that has, IMO, so thoroughly poisoned Atlantis. If he can bring just a smidgen of "reality" to the Atlantis base then I think it could only be a good thing.

Which reminds me, I should pass on a suggestion to Grego that one of the ingredients in Shep's Hair Gel™ is the same herb used by Lucius. Might explain a few things- like why everyone falls all over themselves to do whatever TATIS says. :P

But I digress. I still figure that either all of the characters should go... or none of them should. I think it was PG15 who pointed out the irony of having one thread demanding cast stability so close to another asking who should be written out, and I think he's right. For once. :P You can't have "cast stability" AND removal of characters at the same time. And if you want "cast stability" you also can't pick and choose who remains stable and who gets replaced. Wanting to get rid of someone just so someone else can come back isn't so much stable as stagnant, IMO, and depending on the circumstances of the character's departure it could lead to all kinds of unpleasant mental/plot contortions in order to explain the character's return and I, for one, am firmly against that kinda crap even if it's a character I liked. Maybe especially if it was a character I liked.

If TPTB did a better job of handling the characters they already have I don't think the whole "who should go" thing would be as... aggressive as it's tending to be. There'd still be a lot of close-minded "X is a jerk and needs to die" stuff, but I think there'd be less "Z is useless and needs to die" arguments. Or at least they'd have less ground to stand on. ;)

I'd rather see TPTB actually use what they have than simply dumping a character whenever he or she gets too inconvenient or "boring" or whenever they can't figure out what to do with him/her. Sure, you can say that X is a jerk, Y is nothing but fluff and Z serves no purpose whatsoever, but who's to say their replacements would be any better? Better the devil you know and all that stuff.

Reiko
May 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
» You brought up some excellent points, ShadowMaat. Especially in the first few paragraphs. The reason I like characters such as Woolsey, Kavanaugh, Bates and etcetra is that they are supposed to be jerks, not necessarily bad guys but rather our main heroes' resident pain in the ass. (I guess this can include McKay, too.) I liked Bates and "Report Happy Ponytail" Kavanaugh from their first moments on screen.

» I think this is where my problem with Keller comes in, for one, and why people sometimes get, erm, confused over my negative feelings for her. We are supposed to like her. She is not supposed to get on my nerves. She is not there to be a pain in the ass. More specifically mine. But she rubs the wrong way to me; if the character isn't ill-crafted, there's no other explanation on why she grates on me this way except TPTB is trying too hard. :o

Jackie
May 17th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I agree!

Still, I think that if any of the characters deserve to be killed/axed/whatever, it should be Woolsey. Hated him in SG-1, so will probably hate him in SGA - unless they've given him a charisma transplant.

Anyways, I happen like characters that are flawed in sone way - they can't all be goody-two-shoes all of the time, so it's nice to see the slightly nastier qualities once in a while!

Ah, the irony: "Woolsey annoys me, kill him off! I like characters who are flawed!" LOL!

People usually say the same thing about Kavanagh- that he's a jerk and thus needs to die.

Personally that tends to be what I LIKE about such characters- they aren't supposed to be likable, they aren't supposed to be good and perfect, but they ARE supposed to act like jerks. And it isn't about loving someone who's a creep, it's about loving what they bring to the show: conflict. I may have some pretty deep-rooted issues about Woolsey's "promotion" but it doesn't have to do with his attitude and I've loved (or loved to hate) Kavanagh since he was first introduced. Heck, I wish they'd use him more often. And having seen Ben Cotton on Supernatural with short hair, I gotta say the boy cleans up good. :D

The tricky part is having a jerk that is lovable. Woosley is a lovable jerk but Kavanagh is just a jerk.

Frank Burns of MASH was a lovable jerk and tptb replaced him with yet another lovable jerk, Charles Winchester the 3rd.

As long as woosley is "lovable" even as a jerk he should do alright. I just wince at the idea of another whiner on the show.

The show is just full of whiners....

McKay...biggest whiner of all.
Keller....following close 2nd.
Woosley...another whiner.

Three major whiners in one show is a bit much.

Now, with woosley coming on I can already see the heavy writing to transform him into yet..another Rodney McKay. Eventually, it will be woosley saving Atlantis and having near death experiences.

Hmm, maybe woosley will replace McKay altogher? Na, he's replace Zelenka after tptb make him into a perverted creep.

Integrabyte
May 18th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I will not stop saying it until she leaves: Keller :P.

g.o.d
May 18th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I will not stop saying it until she leaves: Keller :P.

YEAH, ME TOO: TEYLA!!!!!!

Integrabyte
May 18th, 2008, 05:41 AM
You mean KEYLA :P.

Linda06
May 18th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Ok i've got a compromise....Rodney can stay.......If he shuts the heck up......or if Ronon gags him :D

jelgate
May 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Ok i've got a compromise....Rodney can stay.......If he shuts the heck up......or if Ronon gags him :DI like the 2nd option.

Linda06
May 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I like the 2nd option.

hmmm,funnily enough,me too :D

Jackie
May 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Ronon gaging McKay would be a worthy of watching ep. The only thing better would be Ronon gaging Rodney, not letting him eat for 2 days and then sitting down in front of the hungry scientist with a lemon pie.

Linda06
May 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ronon gaging McKay would be a worthy of watching ep. The only thing better would be Ronon gaging Rodney, not letting him eat for 2 days and then sitting down in front of the hungry scientist with a lemon pie.

Oh don't give him any ideas.....*thinks*.....Oh give him ideas :D

Integrabyte
May 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Keller

Pajus
May 19th, 2008, 12:21 AM
this should be a polling thread with the possibility of marking multiple characters at a time (my 'favorites' would be Keller, Sheppard, Carter and McKay)

Lahela
May 19th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Keller. Oh, and Keller. And maybe Keller too.

Integrabyte
May 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Did you say Keller?

Lahela
May 19th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Uh! How could I forget Keller???

jenks
May 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Did you say Keller?

Is spamming the thread really necessary?