PDA

View Full Version : Ford, in some way or another, has to come back

Stargate121x
April 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Who agrees with me that Ford should make another appearance, even if it ends up being his complete last. I liked him in season 1, and was a bit upset when he left in season 2, but i ended up liking ronan better tho. At the end of episode 11 of season 2 when ford was still stuck on the hive ship and both of the ships exploded, i knew he must've somehow escaped and i expected 2 find out his fate, but nothing so far.

I figured by at least season 4 they would show wat happend 2 him but now i'm thinking it's not gonna happen anymore. I think he should be brought back just once, cuz in stargate, if some1 isn't actually shown being dead or confirmed being dead, than they're not.

P-90_177
April 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I would actually like to see him back on the show full time. I know that's likely never going to happen but I think him and ronon would make an awesome team working together properly.

Constanza
April 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah! Let us know what happened with him! (in just one episode).

Stargate121x
April 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
ya that's tru, i agree man, it would be kewl.

marty2006
April 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Out of all the cast changes this was the best imo, ford for ronan.

SpaceCowboy
April 25th, 2008, 07:46 PM
There seems to be a real push to bring back Ford, I think there is at least one other similar thread in play right at the moment. I've got to say that I'm not overwhelmed by the idea of Ford coming back. I'm satisfied that he fought the good fight and died a hero at the end of "The Hive".

Maybe a nice way to bring his story line to a close is as a B story in one episode in the back half of Season 5 that has Sheppard conducting an investigation into the final disposition of Lt. Ford for the Marine Corps. It would be even better if it were done in conjuction with a posthumus awarding of a decoration for valor in the face of overwhelming enemy forces. Maybe even the Medal of Honor. That would bring it to a close quite nicely.

Gate-builder
April 26th, 2008, 04:16 AM
It would be nice to know what happend to him, but I doubt we will ever see him again.

jenks
April 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM
There are too many characters coming back from the dead as it is, leave him where he is I say.

jonos101
April 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
does anyone use the seach fuction, theres a thread about this 1 page over

marty2006
April 26th, 2008, 05:02 AM
does anyone use the seach fuction, theres a thread about this 1 page over

Well we didnt all create the thread and im not guna search for a thread on like page 2 or 3 when theres a perfect fine active one on page 1.

jonos101
April 26th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Well we didnt all create the thread and im not guna search for a thread on like page 2 or 3 when theres a perfect fine active one on page 1.

i was talking to the person who made the thread, not the people who posted

iolanda
April 26th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Ford is gone for good - didn't like him, don't miss him.

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Ford is gone for good - didn't like him, don't miss him.

A bit harsh but I agree. Never liked him till he became a renegade.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 26th, 2008, 08:05 PM
The shows producer Joe Mallozzi has said we won't be seeing Ford in season 5 and when he was asked when will the producers clear up ford's unclear ending [last seen on a hive that blew up] Mallozzi said that being on an exploding ship was a pretty definite ending

IMO Ford died in that episode, sacrificing himself to let Sheppard. Sheppards comment at the end was wishful thinking

jelgate
April 26th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Who is Ford again?:P

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM
The shows producer Joe Mallozzi has said we won't be seeing Ford in season 5 and when he was asked when will the producers clear up ford's unclear ending [last seen on a hive that blew up] Mallozzi said that being on an exploding ship was a pretty definite ending

IMO Ford died in that episode, sacrificing himself to let Sheppard. Sheppards comment at the end was wishful thinking
Agreed. He's basically become the Jonas of Atlantis. The difference for me actually is I liked Jonas. Ford....not so much.

GoSpikey
April 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Another one? :eek:

Coremae
May 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
You know why Ford isn't coming back? Do you really want to know why? Because the Writers on this show Suck, and if not them then the Executive [snip] Producers suck!!!!!

Ford hasn't returned and never will because of their collective incompetence. Season what ever this one is supposed to be, shall suck as much as the last one did. What a waste that was. And now another lack luster season. Maybe two, or three episodes of the last season were so so. One I can recall was major bad @$$. The rest
vooooommmmmiiiittttt.

Be bold daring, this is why no scifi show will ever come close to what the original Startrek was. That show went out there and stayed out there, that's why it will always be the greatest scifi show on earth. And each and every one of the incarnations of Startrek kicked major buttocks except for season 1-4 of enterprise, since, season 5 was great, but too late.

At this point I could care less if they canceled Atlantis, and a few years ago I swore SGA was the second coming of SG1, boy was I wrong.

Super Ford was the coolest concept ever, but they lost the Gonads to continue and took the coward's way out, *******.

jenks
May 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Aaaah ha ha ha

inLimeneSideroum
May 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see him among Michael's Hybrids....

PG15
May 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
What does Ford have anything to do with being daring?

Platschu
May 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
He was in 24 episode, so he deserves to be at the 100th episode. :o

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake. http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4355/horsecb8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

GoSpikey
May 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Ford, in some way or another, has to come back

No, he really doesn't.

I'm not an anti-Ford person, and I didn't dislike him the first times I saw him in the SG:A eps, but after you watch the eps a few times (it apparently takes that long for me), you could see that he wasn't exactly a character to keep around. He wasn't appreciated - Sheppard always had to break his jokes - and too much a kid at times, maybe?

So changing Ford into Ronon was a good call.

Now, getting Ronon and Teyla some more text, and Rodney and John some less, that's gotta be the next challenge.

TBA
May 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Agreed, he doesn't have to be back. But the least they could've done was giving him some closure in season 2. Some *real* closure.

::Lisa::
May 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
I really missed Ford after he left. I loved his character.

However, I do agree with the comment about not knowing his future. They kinda left us hanging for that (or waiting for us to forget?!)

Jackie
May 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ford had great potential but the writers never followed through with him. When tptb decided to give him an arc...he became wacko ford and I didn't care that much for him.

Ronon has little or no follow through too...but Ronon has the physical body that sets him apart.

RSF is a good looking guy but doesn't stand out of a crowd. Ronon hovers above everyone else.

IMO, Ronon is just as replaceable ad Ford was. Neither is an absolute must for the survival of the series.

FN-P90
May 23rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
I Doubt Ford will ever come back.

Reiko
May 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
ยป Hm. Plus I believe Rainbow's moved to LA, so it gives TPTB more of a reason to say "he's unavailible" :rolleyes:

jenks
May 25th, 2008, 07:22 AM

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake. http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4355/horsecb8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Or they were both just really bad characters, and are best forgotten. If they regret getting rid of a character then they'll bring them back, like Beckett.

TBA
May 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
'Just another written of character... Destroyed by the writers, abandoned by the fans... Forgotten by both.'

Although, Weir was a nice character and added some flavour to the show, unlike Ford. :weir:

Metonic
May 25th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Who agrees with me that Ford should make another appearance, even if it ends up being his complete last. I liked him in season 1, and was a bit upset when he left in season 2, but i ended up liking ronan better tho. At the end of episode 11 of season 2 when ford was still stuck on the hive ship and both of the ships exploded, i knew he must've somehow escaped and i expected 2 find out his fate, but nothing so far.

I figured by at least season 4 they would show wat happend 2 him but now i'm thinking it's not gonna happen anymore. I think he should be brought back just once, cuz in stargate, if some1 isn't actually shown being dead or confirmed being dead, than they're not.

idk. I didn't like ford until he went all weird, but then I kinda didn't like ford at all.

Infinatus
May 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
It's unfortunate that the writer's had to make Ford such an inane character. This has probably been said before, but Ford had a ton of potential as an explosives expert (and perhaps to some degree a chemist)--however, instead he is remembered just as that guy who was bad at naming things and hung out in the background. In fact, the episode Home does a very good job of literally portraying this... In the revelation scene in the gate room you will notice that Ford literally stands in the background behind everyone else.

talyn2k1
May 26th, 2008, 05:15 AM

They did call Weir back, its just that she's got a bit of a bee in her bonnet and refused, but we won't go there as that is a topic for another thread.

Agreed, he doesn't have to be back. But the least they could've done was giving him some closure in season 2. Some *real* closure.

I'm with JM on this one, I think being on an exploding Hive ship is fairly definite closure. I really don't understand this need to claim that he got off the ship when there is no evidence and no reason to believe it.
If he did get off, do you not think that maybe we would've run into him at some point in the last 2 years? Nope, he's dead, I mean REALLY dead!

Ford had great potential but the writers never followed through with him. When tptb decided to give him an arc...he became wacko ford and I didn't care that much for him.

Ronon has little or no follow through too...but Ronon has the physical body that sets him apart.

RSF is a good looking guy but doesn't stand out of a crowd. Ronon hovers above everyone else.

IMO, Ronon is just as replaceable ad Ford was. Neither is an absolute must for the survival of the series.

I never really thought much of Ford until he used the enzyme. From this point on, he could've been a really great and unpredictable character, kind of like Ronon sans the obvious physical differences which does make Ronon more intimidating.

I think Ronon is what Enzyme-Ford could've become, but definitely agree that there was massive potential for Ford in his journey to get there.

Ronon is great and I really hope that if Atlantis gets renewed for S6, that Jason stays on. I'm not sure Atlantis could take losing another major cast member, regardless of who it is. Hell, I think even losing Teyla could do some serious damage at this point, and she's been virtually a non-entity for the last 4 years.

metabog
May 26th, 2008, 05:56 AM
He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show. It's pointless to die if fans know you will come back, there are no feelings involved. And if you ask me, Carson should've stayed dead as well. It would've been better in season 5/6 to go "whoa man remember carson? man that was so sad"... now *fart* he came back.

Infinatus
May 26th, 2008, 05:01 PM
He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show.

A lot of the confusion was probably based not on the fact that we didn't see a shot of Ford right before the explosion but rather that Sheppard said at the end of the episode he wouldn't be surprised if they came across Ford again. If the writers intended to finish Ford's story arc right there then writing that line of dialogue was a mistake. Considering that we haven't seen Ford since I don't expect we will see him again, although it might be worth noting that Bates returned 3 seasons after his supposed death/removal.

Lt. Ford
May 26th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Poor Ford is off in no wheresville with Jonas. They had a character starring for one season, but decided to write him off, and just completely forget that he ever existed.

Mitchell82
May 26th, 2008, 10:13 PM
You know why Ford isn't coming back? Do you really want to know why? Because the Writers on this show Suck, and if not them then the Executive [snip] Producers suck!!!!!

Ford hasn't returned and never will because of their collective incompetence. Season what ever this one is supposed to be, shall suck as much as the last one did. What a waste that was. And now another lack luster season. Maybe two, or three episodes of the last season were so so. One I can recall was major bad @$$. The rest
vooooommmmmiiiittttt.

Be bold daring, this is why no scifi show will ever come close to what the original Startrek was. That show went out there and stayed out there, that's why it will always be the greatest scifi show on earth. And each and every one of the incarnations of Startrek kicked major buttocks except for season 1-4 of enterprise, since, season 5 was great, but too late.

At this point I could care less if they canceled Atlantis, and a few years ago I swore SGA was the second coming of SG1, boy was I wrong.

Super Ford was the coolest concept ever, but they lost the Gonads to continue and took the coward's way out, *******.
*yawns looks at watch and roles eyes.* Uh huh go gripe somewhere else and FYI it's against rules to bash the actors or crew.

vaberella
May 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hmm...the day of Ford is gone.

If I had to support Ford in S5, Ford would have needed to make an appareance in S3 and S4. He didn't show up in either and so that leads me to believe him a non-entity and definitely a figure not to dwell on any longer.

I won't deny that the story they gave him opened the door for lots of development not only for the characters but also for Ford himself and definitely the PG. But rather than "nurturing" the story the writers instead dropped it and left in the air for too long that it basically faded into nothingness.

I won't shed any tears over it, although I was disappointed. If they writers were to jump and add Ford all of the sudden I'd be really thrown off of the storyline and they would have to work a great deal to balance the several years absence in regards to the show and 2 season absence in regards to the audience.

So, although I believed at one time in the resurrection of Ford and something dynamic, the chance is past and I think we as fans should move and get over it. Not something I take lightly, mind you, but 2 years and no talk....lets move on and look to the future. <---Gosh, I've been watching the news way too much. I sound like politician or Axelrod...more like a politician. :S

kymeric
May 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Im sure well see him one last time. I personally hope for a time travel from the later seasons to the first season or something like that. Or each part of the city is a different time period or something scifieclly. Maybe use a recording of a weir speach over the intercom, lol.

kali1
May 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I would actually like to see him back on the show full time. I know that's likely never going to happen but I think him and ronon would make an awesome team working together properly.

I agree with ya. I would love to have him back FT as well.

Icedragon
May 27th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I would like to see Ford again. But then again I wouldn't really care all that much if we didn't. I would however would have loved to see Ford overcome his addiction to the wraith enzyme and see how wrong he was.

Goauld System Lord
May 29th, 2008, 03:35 PM

I like that idea! Maybe him :ford: and Michael :wraith: can battle it out and he sacrifices himself for the Atlantis team one last time, taking Michael with him. At least give the character some finality!

:vortex04:

JohnRico
May 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Todd's character with a few tweaks could have easily been where Ford could be

Jeffala
May 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Who is Ford again?:P

He's that bit of dust floating amongst the debris orbiting that planet from "The Hive".

He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show. It's pointless to die if fans know you will come back, there are no feelings involved. And if you ask me, Carson should've stayed dead as well. It would've been better in season 5/6 to go "whoa man remember carson? man that was so sad"... now *fart* he came back.

AMEN!

Poor Ford is off in no wheresville with Jonas. They had a character starring for one season, but decided to write him off, and just completely forget that he ever existed.

What should they do? Have the remaining characters ask about him every few episodes?

"Oh, by the way, any word on whether or not Ford's dust has reconstituted itself into a person?"

FN-P90
May 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
He's that bit of dust floating amongst the debris orbiting that planet from "The Hive".

AMEN!

What should they do? Have the remaining characters ask about him every few episodes?

"Oh, by the way, any word on whether or not Ford's dust has reconstituted itself into a person?"

I say they should just drop him...Theres nothing more they can do with him