PDA

View Full Version : So i think we're gunna meet the furlings in SGA Season 5

Brewsy
April 22nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
if you all have had the chance to look at the mid season finale/premier, daniel jackson is returning to do some research on Janus (ancient who invented the time machine in the jumper)
and we meet a race to which we have little knowledge.
the only people i can think of are the furlings.
Discuss.

jenks
April 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
The Furlings won't appear in season 5 of SGA, Mallozzi has already confirmed that.

Brewsy
April 22nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
oh nvm

marty2006
April 22nd, 2008, 06:39 AM
My brain is dying with the amount of times i have to read some new crackpot theory on how the Furlings will turn up. They never will, end of story.

matta
April 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
+1 for the furlings to never show up

jelgate
April 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
The Furlings will never show up. TPTB have said numerous times that they regrett creating the Furlings. Their hasn't beem canon reference since S6 of SG1.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 22nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
^ actually Joe said something about them in "Citizen Joe"

WE'RE NEVER EVER GOING TO SEE THE FURLINGS EVER!!!!!!
THE WRITERS HAVE MADE THAT VERY CLEAR!!!
200 was all we're gonna get

GoSpikey
April 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
The Furlings will never show up. TPTB have said numerous times that they regrett creating the Furlings. Their hasn't beem canon reference since S6 of SG1.

Jel, I'm impressed. 'Regret' with a double t? :P

And maybe you meant 'beam'? :P

*Hug*

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
if you all have had the chance to look at the mid season finale/premier, daniel jackson is returning to do some research on Janus (ancient who invented the time machine in the jumper)
and we meet a race to which we have little knowledge.
the only people i can think of are the furlings.
Discuss.

Gah how many topics must we have on this?! It ain't gonna happen ever.

General Catflap
April 22nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
The Furlings won't appear in season 5 of SGA, Mallozzi has already confirmed that.

I read that also!

With the size of a galaxy, there could be 1000s of alien races, maybe more, so think up an alien race you want it to be in SGA and then try not to be too dissapointed :( when they turn out to be totally different!

Yasureyoubetya!

GoSpikey
April 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
But you'd think they would have spoken up when Mikey was taking over in the old timeline!

DeRoest
April 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
My brain is dying with the amount of times i have to read some new crackpot theory on how the Furlings will turn up. They never will, end of story.

that wasn't crackpot. There's no rule that says the furlings won't show up. I'm geussing we'll find somemore furling artifacts and what not before any actually furlings are revealed.

Jumper_One
April 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
from JM's blog

Belouchi writes: Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?

Answer: Nope, sorry
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/march-14-2008-huge-news-on-the-book-of-the-month-front/

Orion Antreas
April 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Why do the writers regret creating the Furlings? Also, Robert C. Cooper created them, not Mallozzi and his "side kick" Mullie. Why wouldn't they want to develop the last of the Great Races? Even though the two were given the executive status of Atlantis (which I regret :(), they should still leave open to what Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper may have in mind. I haven't seen one shred of evidence or an excerpt that states that they don't want to see the Furlings later in the franchise. Correct me if I am wrong by posting a link if that is the case.

Besides that, if fans demand to see the Furlings, they should listen. I mean, yes I know, the fan base demands something and when we finally get it, some complain. However, I believe that is a minority. But I also recall TPTB (possibly Mallozzi himself) that they don't care what the fans think or want. It is because of the fans that have kept the show going.

Now, I know for a fact that Mallozzi stated no for Furlings, but does anyone know if Cooper or Wright stated anything on them denying future implication of Furlings.

marty2006
April 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
that wasn't crackpot. There's no rule that says the furlings won't show up. I'm geussing we'll find somemore furling artifacts and what not before any actually furlings are revealed.

I sincerely doubt it.

Constanza
April 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hahahahaha
Didn’t we agree to do something very bad to the next person mentioning the Furlings? …… what was it? (Boiling them in oil? Or drowning them? I can’t remember!).

The truth is that the writers won’t dare to present them ever; they’ll never meet the expectations (to high by now).

jelgate
April 22nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Hahahahaha
Didn’t we agree to do something very bad to the next person mentioning the Furlings? …… what was it? (Boiling them in oil? Or drowning them? I can’t remember!).

You mean this;)

How about from now on anyone who mentions the furlings after this post, get locked in a steel cage and thrown in the ocean.

jenks
April 22nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Why do the writers regret creating the Furlings? Also, Robert C. Cooper created them, not Mallozzi and his "side kick" Mullie. Why wouldn't they want to develop the last of the Great Races? Even though the two were given the executive status of Atlantis (which I regret :(), they should still leave open to what Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper may have in mind. I haven't seen one shred of evidence or an excerpt that states that they don't want to see the Furlings later in the franchise. Correct me if I am wrong by posting a link if that is the case.

Besides that, if fans demand to see the Furlings, they should listen. I mean, yes I know, the fan base demands something and when we finally get it, some complain. However, I believe that is a minority. But I also recall TPTB (possibly Mallozzi himself) that they don't care what the fans think or want. It is because of the fans that have kept the show going.

Now, I know for a fact that Mallozzi stated no for Furlings, but does anyone know if Cooper or Wright stated anything on them denying future implication of Furlings.

Rob hates the Furlings, and regrets ever making them up.

Myles
April 22nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, I think we can all agree here...we all die a little inside when another one of these threads pops up. And I've only been here 6 months. I can only imagine how it must feel for some of you.

Constanza
April 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Steel cage and thrown in the ocean… there you have it! Thank you for refreshing my memory… :)

kymeric
April 25th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I say save em till theyre needed. Someday Stargates gonna need a kick in the pants to get everyone stirred up. Wut bettar than furlings?

Aewon
April 28th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I don't get why they didn't make the Oannes into one of the Four Races. They have advanced technology, they have visited Earth, they are enemies of the Goa'uld, etc. There was also such promise for a continuing storyline after the episode Fire & Water. But, for some reason TPTB seems to have forgotten about them.

The Furlings, on the other hand, seems like they were just thrown in because they couldn't think of any other races.

I hope the Tau'ri eventually revives the Four Race Alliance and the Oannes becomes the replacement of one of the races that are gone/have moved on.

Fjord
April 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I don't get why they didn't make the Oannes into one of the Four Races. They have advanced technology, they have visited Earth, they are enemies of the Goa'uld, etc. There was also such promise for a continuing storyline after the episode Fire & Water. But, for some reason TPTB seems to have forgotten about them.

The Furlings, on the other hand, seems like they were just thrown in because they couldn't think of any other races.

I hope the Tau'ri eventually revives the Four Race Alliance and the Oannes becomes the replacement of one of the races that are gone/have moved on.

Excellent idea...although it not likely to happen. I always thought TPTB didn't want to continue with Oannes because of the budget. I have always wanted the Oannes to make a reappearance but now that SG-1 is over, there is little no hope that the Oannes will come back.

jenks
April 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Excellent idea...although it not likely to happen. I always thought TPTB didn't want to continue with Oannes because of the budget. I have always wanted the Oannes to make a reappearance but now that SG-1 is over, there is little no hope that the Oannes will come back.

They are just guys in rubber suits, I doubt it would be expensive to have more of them.

Orion Antreas
April 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Rob hates the Furlings, and regrets ever making them up.

Any quotes or links that refer to that? If so, I wish I could understand why he dislikes the Furlings. Just because "fur" is within the name doesn't mean they need to be "furry". There are some old words (I believe Celtic which contain "Furl" in it. Use mythology off of that.)

Anyways, if you could find a quote or link to Cooper stating that, many thanks. :p

marty2006
April 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
You mean this;)

:D :D

Atlantis1
May 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
from JM's blog

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/march-14-2008-huge-news-on-the-book-of-the-month-front/

I'm glad to see this.

Bey0nd
May 3rd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Furlings should remain a mystery, I would hate to see a Tribble episode