PDA

View Full Version : Ronon's clothes

moongirl11
April 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I would like to know why Teyla, an off-worlder, can wear the SG uniform but Ronon still has his caveman clothes?

They are both members of Atlantis so why don't they all dress the same?

Don't get me wrong...Ronon looks hot in his muscle showing shirt but I just wondered if they were going to change that?

Reiko
April 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM
.: I'm note sure. Maybe Ronon is defiant and refuses to adhere to the dress code :P

.: On the other hand, I think it's one thing that makes Ronon Ronon. :ronan:

.: and then there's the long pr0n kind leather hand-gloves that may have been borrowed from Vala's wardrobe ...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/Reiko_Afterglow/5b3e7972.jpg

the fifth man
April 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure if I would like Ronon in SG-Unit type clothes. I think I am too used to seeing him like he has been.

YutheGreat
April 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Well, the SGA uniform does not show off his muscles. hahaha.

It adds a kind of outsider look to him besides I doubt Ronnon could hide a dozen knives in SGA uniforms as seen in lost boys

Jeffala
April 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
They should make a uniform out of leather for him.

naamiaiset
April 19th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I just can't picture ronon wearing a uniform, he didn't even like changing clothes to go to earth. ;)

rens14
April 20th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I would like to see ronon in a suit

Ferret
April 20th, 2008, 02:37 AM

You WANT to cause an apocalypse by violating a fundamental law of the universe? Ronon in a suit would cause the universe to self-destruct.

YutheGreat
April 20th, 2008, 04:13 AM

I think that already happened and it cost two galaxies. One in Outcast and other in the episode McKay sister was kidnapped.

Jeffala
April 20th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I think that already happened and it cost two galaxies. One in Outcast and other in the episode McKay sister was kidnapped.

But he refused to wear the tie. And the shirt had at least two buttons undone. And it wasn't tucked in.

Platschu
April 20th, 2008, 09:24 AM
and then there's the long pr0n kind leather hand-gloves that may have been borrowed from Vala's wardrobe ...
*** link ***
Your linked picture is quite awful. Sorry fans, but Ronon looked like a transvestite character. :S

Zandrax
April 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I thin it's one or both of two things

1) Ronon's a pretty big guy. Perhaps his size is out of stock? :)

2) Like said above, he's probably used to his regular attire, and since Atlantis is more laid back than the all-military SGC, the dress code is more lax.

Heaven
April 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Teyla looks way better in her Athosian clothes I wish she'd wear them instead of that silly uniform

Reiko
April 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Your linked picture is quite awful. Sorry fans, but Ronon looked like a transvestite character. :S

.: Thank the gods we never saw that outfit again! :S;)

Jeffala
April 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Didn't Ronon have the faux sleeves to hide Jason's new tattoo until they could show it being done in an ep?

LMAO A hot tranny mess.

Mitchell82
April 20th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I would like to know why Teyla, an off-worlder, can wear the SG uniform but Ronon still has his caveman clothes?

They are both members of Atlantis so why don't they all dress the same?

Don't get me wrong...Ronon looks hot in his muscle showing shirt but I just wondered if they were going to change that?
I think it's just preference. They don't have to wear a uniform and I don't think I'd want Ronon in one.

Gate-builder
April 21st, 2008, 12:31 AM
Ronon would look really wierd if he wore the uniform, he is probably more comfortable in his usual clothes.
Even if he did wear the uniform though, I don't think it would be as bad as Woolsey in The Last Man, that really made me cringe!

YutheGreat
April 21st, 2008, 06:44 AM
Ronon would look really wierd if he wore the uniform, he is probably more comfortable in his usual clothes.
Even if he did wear the uniform though, I don't think it would be as bad as Woolsey in The Last Man, that really made me cringe!

hehe.

Anyway, Well Ronnon I here is giving up his locks maybe they will eventually work their way up to that. Think about Teal'c he started with staff weapons and no hair and eventually he grew a beard then hair and got rid of the staff weapon for two P90s.

Lahela
April 21st, 2008, 07:42 AM

I swear that was actually Sam's uniform :lol:

hehe.

Anyway, Well Ronnon I here is giving up his locks maybe they will eventually work their way up to that. Think about Teal'c he started with staff weapons and no hair and eventually he grew a beard then hair and got rid of the staff weapon for two P90s.

Ronon is keeping his dreads. Jason cut them off, but they had them made into a wig because he and MGM wanted Ronon to keep them :)

Teyla mixes bits of uniform with bits of her own clothes, so I guess it's just their decision as to what they wear :)

Merlin1701
April 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
I mentioned this on quite a few occasions now as the topic keeps arising…I believe Ronon should wear the uniform but have a long black sleeveless leather coat that way the patches still show from the uniform and it still gives him the feel of an outsider.

Plus he can still conceal a knife or two behind the coat.

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I mentioned this on quite a few occasions now as the topic keeps arising…I believe Ronon should wear the uniform but have a long black sleeveless leather coat that way the patches still show from the uniform and it still gives him the feel of an outsider.

Plus he can still conceal a knife or two behind the coat.

Nah leave the man the way he is.

Reiko
April 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
I swear that was actually Sam's uniform :lol:

.: I also swear Woolsey wore Elizabeth's uniform in Misbegotten:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/Reiko_Afterglow/Scraps/SGA_3x02_Misbegotten_0570-Ar.jpg

.: All the uniforms were so damn tight in S4 (Rodney in leather especially looks stuffed). I hated that. Completely unappealing, not to mention I personally hate tight clothes on men.

Constanza
April 22nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
We’re supposed to see a major change for Ronon next season, right?
Well, I hope is not that they’re changing his clothes… because that will take that “rebel look” away from him.

GoSpikey
April 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
He'll be keeping the hair so it's already not that major again.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
He'll be keeping the hair so it's already not that major again.

Poor Jason. He cuts it off with permission and now he has to wear a wig.

GoSpikey
April 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Poor Jason. He cuts it off with permission and now he has to wear a wig.

Nah. From what I've heard, he chose for it himself. Ronon wouldn't be him without the dreads, and if he did choose it, it'll mean he's not in (as much) pain anymore...

So that's great. It's a 10,000 bucks wig, too... :S

Jeffala
April 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
So that's great. It's a 10,000 bucks wig, too... :S

I thought I read that they were just going to sew the dreads back in during filming and remove them when done. Is it going to be a wig now?

PG15
April 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yep; it'll be a wig.

Jeffala
April 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Yep; it'll be a wig.

At least that will hurt less than sewing the dreads in. Ouch.

GoSpikey
April 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
They did reattach them, and it was very painful, too painful, I think, and they quickly made a wig out of the dreads, or some of them. I'm curious as for the thickness of it...

jenks
April 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
This is the sort of thing I wish we hadn't been told about, we probably would never have noticed otherwise, but now everyone will be looking for a difference. I'd rather the just kept quiet about things like this, like in BAMSR when they used a different actor to play Todd.

Constanza
April 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
We probably would never have noticed otherwise, but now everyone will be looking for a difference.

You bet! It won’t be long before we see a new thread named “Rono’s hair: did you notice he’s wearing a wig?" :ronon:

Mitchell82
April 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
This is the sort of thing I wish we hadn't been told about, we probably would never have noticed otherwise, but now everyone will be looking for a difference. I'd rather the just kept quiet about things like this, like in BAMSR when they used a different actor to play Todd.

Yeah I see your point. I knew that CH couldn't be there for filming but by using his voice I barely noticed.