This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Eps VS. Old Eps.

Do you think that the earlier episodes of both shows had more depth???

I agree with this because the episodes lately even though they have weight, are not as...depthy. IMO they seem more RUSHY.

PLEASE DISCUSS.................
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Ive always thought that Stargate Atlantis has gotten better over time. I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of Atlantis but looking back those 2 seasons dont hold a candle to seasons 3 and 4. I personally think as time goes on the writing has improved and you are getting more story for each episode.

Comment

maybe it's just that they are so jam packed these days.
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
        Maybe so and i think each episode could some good team moments. The only problem i had with season 4 was the lack of team episodes or even moments but i cant really blame the writers as Rachel Luttrell's pregnancy really through a spanner into the works and made it very difficult to have "team episodes".

Comment

Has Atlantis ever been 'deep'?
          Last edited by jenks; 24 April 2008, 09:10 AM. Reason: SPELLING!

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
            I personally think as time goes on the writing has improved and you are getting more story for each episode.
            I think that's the problem. the writers are trying to fit more than they have time to into 45 or so minutes. I kind of agree episodes seem a little rushed, but season four was great to me.

Comment

The new ones are good.. don't get me wrong.. but i really think although the old ones didn't have such a good story line, the wraith were much better in the old episodes and the fact that the team were stranded brought about a real sense of excitement...

Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
                The new ones are good.. don't get me wrong.. but i really think although the old ones didn't have such a good story line, the wraith were much better in the old episodes and the fact that the team were stranded brought about a real sense of excitement...

Gaz
                I tend to agree with you there.

The lost and vulnerable aspect was great. But then again they would have always needed, Deus Ex Machinas, to help in sieges. I really wish they "stole" the ZPM on M7G-677, even though it isn't really configured for atlantis.

Anyway I am rambling- thanx for the support pal.
                sigpic

Comment

Do you think that the earlier episodes of both shows had more depth???

I agree with this because the episodes lately even though they have weight, are not as...depthy. IMO they seem more RUSHY.

PLEASE DISCUSS.................
                  Its funny im actually the opposite. I dont care much for the earlier seasons, specifically SG1. Although i own the dvds i nearly never watch them, same with SGA. I usually watch the most recent season the most, followed by wutever episodes tickle mah fancy when i sit down to watch something.

I thought the early sg1 stories were inconsistent as were the characters, the special effects blow by 2008 standards and the relationships werent really there yet.

I like em, i respect em, but i never watch em. Gimme the new stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                    Ive always thought that Stargate Atlantis has gotten better over time. I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of Atlantis but looking back those 2 seasons dont hold a candle to seasons 3 and 4. I personally think as time goes on the writing has improved and you are getting more story for each episode.
                    I agree. I lover season 1 and 2 and I still watch them but seasons 3 nd 4 have been alot better.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

That is soo true. So much happens in todays episodes it makes the oldies look positively stretched out. Im still amazed at how much they can fit into a new episode like BAMSR. By comparison The first big battle with apophsis was 2 episodes of running around a ship followed by a kaboom.

Comment

I like the older SG-1 episodes better than the newer ones, but the newer Atlantis episodes better than the older ones.

I thought SG-1 was better at establishing the characters and the team dynamics at the beginning which allowed viewers to work their way into the show.

Atlantis had a little more trouble finding its feet but after it did it really took off from there.
                        If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

.: The old episodes of the first three seasons were much better.

.: In season four they crashed and burned.

Comment

Season 2 was more of a crash and burn. The premiere was good, but then it fell off tangent. The mid-season was decent, and the finale was the weakest finale of the series, imo. But I still enjoyed Season 2.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Season 2 was more of a crash and burn. The premiere was good, but then it fell off tangent. The mid-season was decent, and the finale was the weakest finale of the series, imo. But I still enjoyed Season 2.
                              I agree. I loved Season 1, but Season 2 almost turned me into an ex-viewer because while Season 1 seemed to have a clear direction, the writing for Season 2 was all over the place. Thankfully, in Season 3 TPTB tried to correct some of the issues I had with Season 2 and as a result, I'm still a regular viewer - complaints and all.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X