PDA

View Full Version : It seems the new race maybe ancients (spoilerish i guess)

Fjord
April 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
As the title sugests, the so called new race may just be a branch of the ancients. I base this on the name of the 2nd of the mid season two parter "The Lost Tribe". To me, lost tribe indicates that the race is a sub group of an exisiting race. I dearly hope it is not a sub-group of ancients but it wouldnt be the first time we've been cheated out of a truley alien race by the show writers.....

Invictus
April 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Interesting theory, it may be any race.

sldghamr
April 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
it's really the Ferengi!!

Invictus
April 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM

You wanna say Furlings, right?:confused:

Jumper_One
April 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM

nah it's the Cylons ;)

wise one
April 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
its the dalek that escaped from the doctor in daleks in manhattan

SGASG!
April 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
It would be interesting if it was some kind of good wraith group.

Orion Antreas
April 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I suspect the Furlings. Now, I know everyone can dream and want them, however I suspect it may be them. Referring to the 2nd part title, "The Lost Tribe", I am interpreting that as Furlings. The Furlings are the "lost tribe" from the Great Race Alliance (GRA). Perhaps the Furlings became "lost" and since "tribe" could refer to a race, that would lead to the race being the Furlings. They are the "lost tribe".

That is how I interpret it. I ain't one of those fans that will say whatever possible out of anything the producers tell us, however the title in my eyes seems to point to them...Would I love to see the Furlings? You bet. But would I go nuts and try to make any illogical excuse possible to try and say it is the Furlings, no. Like I said, the title leads me to that assumption.

Jumper_One
April 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
from JM's blog

Belouchi writes: Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?

Answer: Nope, sorry.

wizz_kid_sid
April 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I don't think that the writers would ever add in/bring back the furlings! Made it pretty clear in episode 200 =P

The Lost Tribe is actually Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hugo and everyone else thats in Lost!! =P

Nah, I breifly (by just looking at the title) thought it would've been a 'Ford' episode.. cause of 'The Lost Boys' one.. but yeah hopfully this new race is like exactly at the level of Earth (maybe a little further, so they can have ships) and they're evil!! >.< and we have another yet awesome space battle! =]

naamiaiset
April 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM
whatever/whoever the new enemy is, I hope they don't turn out as the wraith have. the wraith defeated the ancients, yet atlantis makes it look easy... :mckay: I don't want another enemy that atlantis just annihilates in every episode.

Ferret
April 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You're all wrong. It's a bunch of Klingon-Ferengi Hybrids who accidentally entered the wrong multi-verse. Yes, they'd be exceptionally ugly Warrior-Merchants, but at least they'd know how to 'persuade' people to buy something. They'd make great door-to-door salespeople.

greytop
April 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
How about the Asgard?

rens14
April 12th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I hope that the species have the same strength as earth ships so that it's an enemy that isn't much much stronger like goa'uld and Ori were and that way they don't need new technologies to fight them but need only to build a bigger fleet and you have a long battle that doesn't have to be over in one or 2 episodes as happened with the goa'uld replicators(SG-1 and SGA)

Fenrir Foxz
April 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
its the dalek that escaped from the doctor in daleks in manhattan

That would be amusing, and the Daleks are building an army in the Pegasus led by this guy:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/Davros.jpg
Davros! :P

Buck32
April 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Knowing the writers and their complete lack of imagination it's probably the Athosians again, or maybe Satedans.

Jumper_One
April 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Knowing the writers and their complete lack of imagination it's probably the Athosians again, or maybe Satedans.

how would they be a new enemy?

Orion Antreas
April 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
from JM's blog

Quote:
Belouchi writes: Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?

Answer: Nope, sorry.

Heh, I believe I have seen that around myself, however you know how JM is with his promises. Normally, he goes back on his word. So knowing that and also knowing that if the Stargate staff were going to introduce the Furlings, why would they want to tell the fans they are going to introduce a major race such as the Furlings? Doing so would destroy the suspense of the Furlings, plus it would destroy the storyline. Watching the episode then all of a sudden seeing this race would blow people's minds which would make the episode a 100 times better than it would knowing that we are going to expect the Furlings.

So, we will see. If it is not the Furlings, I believe the race needs to be "alien". Meaning, they need to be humaNOID and need to bring a new twist to the show as well as gotta be distinct, unique in their culture, technology, ships, etc. It would be nice to find a "Asgard friend race" or find a nice evil race very powerful who somehow team up with the Wraith. That way would be hard to believe since the Wraith are really egotistical plus would feed on anything they can get their hands on. Whatever they are, I hope they are involved a lot and bring the show in a good nice direction which will include Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson).

PG15
April 12th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Heh, I believe I have seen that around myself, however you know how JM is with his promises.

Uh, yeah. He's the Executive Producer. If he doesn't want Furlings, there will be no Furlings. Period.

Normally, he goes back on his word.

Prove it.

So knowing that and also knowing that if the Stargate staff were going to introduce the Furlings, why would they want to tell the fans they are going to introduce a major race such as the Furlings? Doing so would destroy the suspense of the Furlings, plus it would destroy the storyline.

Actually, introducing the Furlings at this point would destroy the storyline, IMHO. But that's irrelevant. JM didn't have to answer that question; if the Furlings were coming he didn't have to say a word about it, but he did, and the word is NO.

The Furlings won't show up this season. End of story.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Uh, yeah. He's the Executive Producer. If he doesn't want Furlings, there will be no Furlings. Period.
Yup.

Prove it.
He can't. Let the troll be.;)

Actually, introducing the Furlings at this point would destroy the storyline, IMHO. But that's irrelevant. JM didn't have to answer that question; if the Furlings were coming he didn't have to say a word about it, but he did, and the word is NO.

The Furlings won't show up this season. End of story.
Agreed. They also have said numerous times they wish they didn't invent them so we won't see them ever.

ablevins425
April 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM

I think that it is a group of rougue holograms coming back for the doct....I mean Mr. Woolsey....

Steve_the_Wraith
April 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Perhaps it's a lost tribe of wraith?

one who don't need to kill to survive

DasNdanger writes: “Is there any chance we can have the best of both Wraith worlds - discover a way for them to gain nourishment from regular food, without taking away their ability, or desire, to feed on humans (much like a reformed alcoholic still craves a drink)?”

Answer: Let’s just say there are some very interesting developments on the wraith front this season - and one that will be of particular interest to you…

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I dont think its the Ancients... or hope not at least since that will be done to death. The Ori and the Asurans serve as effective "evil" Ancients so there is no point for another one. Guess we will have to wait and see though...

SteelGate
April 13th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I hope it means the

FURLINGS!

g.o.d
April 13th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I would like to see some Ancients who follow the Origin or something similar. Not so radical like the Ori. Thousands of years ago they left Atlantis because the other Ancients simply didn't trust them (they were afraid this group can one day become like the Ori. Religious fanatics). And they though there's another evolutionary way than way devoted to the science, which in their point of view didn't help them in war with the Wraith. So they decided to leave the Atlantis and they've been hiding somewhere in PG trying to reach ascension but no all of them managed to ascend and they're still flesh and blood.

so, what do you think?

Lord Zedd
April 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
How about the Asgard?
How would that be possible? The Asgard killed themselves.

jenks
April 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Perhaps it's a lost tribe of wraith?

one who don't need to kill to survive

I seriously hope not.

Jumper_One
April 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I hope it means the

FURLINGS!

it's definitely not the Furlings ;)

I seriously hope not.

yeah me too

The Gate Walker
April 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Whoever they are I hope they will be the ones who gave the Ancients info about a weakness in Wraith technology.

Mitchell82
April 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I seriously hope not.

Same here.

Dreamin_of_Rain
April 14th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Whoever they are I hope they will be the ones who gave the Ancients info about a weakness in Wraith technology.

That would be really cool

Bray
April 14th, 2008, 01:37 AM
How about the human relicators that weren't destoyed in BAMSR, you now the ones with Weir who are like now the rest are gone we can proceed with our plan.

I really hope it isn't more replicators though...because they've been well and truely done to death several times.

DetriusXii
April 14th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Tired of the Ancients. They look like humans. They breed with humans. They organize like humans do. They're the same species with a different culture so if this is the alien race, it further cements the idea that the writers cannot move past the ancients. I'm sure there will be fans in cognitive dissonance mode stating how utterly wrong I am and how cool it is to have this new alien race, when in reality, the ancients are not a distinct race from humans.

P3X-925
April 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Reevers!

Cam_Mitchell
April 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM
As the title sugests, the so called new race may just be a branch of the ancients. I base this on the name of the 2nd of the mid season two parter "The Lost Tribe". To me, lost tribe indicates that the race is a sub group of an exisiting race. I dearly hope it is not a sub-group of ancients but it wouldnt be the first time we've been cheated out of a truley alien race by the show writers.....

Ford...?

andrewTellis
April 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I would like to see some Ancients who follow the Origin or something similar. Not so radical like the Ori. Thousands of years ago they left Atlantis because the other Ancients simply didn't trust them (they were afraid this group can one day become like the Ori. Religious fanatics). And they though there's another evolutionary way than way devoted to the science, which in their point of view didn't help them in war with the Wraith. So they decided to leave the Atlantis and they've been hiding somewhere in PG trying to reach ascension but no all of them managed to ascend and they're still flesh and blood.

so, what do you think?

I hope that wouldn't be the case. Thats worse than rehashing the replicators to make the asurans.

Cam_Mitchell
April 14th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I wish it could be a tribe of anubus drones... immune to the thing sam made...

g.o.d
April 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I hope that wouldn't be the case. Thats worse than rehashing the replicators to make the asurans.

it's not a rehash. They're not the Ori. They're "something" between the Ori and the Alterans.

I'm really tired of entirely good or entirely evil races

Gaeth
April 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Unless they turn out to be something totally alien and not humanoid in the least, I'll be really disappointed.

marty2006
April 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM
How about from now on anyone who mentions the furlings after this post, get locked in a steel cage and thrown in the ocean.

jelgate
April 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
How about from now on anyone who mentions the furlings after this post, get locked in a steel cage and thrown in the ocean.

I like the way you think;)

Fenrir Foxz
April 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM

:lol:

I like the way you think;)

You would :P

Constanza
April 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Agreed! :weiranime17:

dizzyg
April 16th, 2008, 01:57 AM
its probably going to be the Wier replicators or something weak like that *sigh*

[furlings] :P

Mitchell82
April 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
its probably going to be the Wier replicators or something weak like that *sigh*
I think you can breathe easy. That will be dealt with in one ep and finished.

[furlings] :P
Never going to happen.

Jumper_One
April 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I think you can breathe easy. That will be dealt with in one ep and finished.

:indeed:

Never going to happen.

at least not in s5 ;)

garhkal
April 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hows about that energy alien from season 1's?

Fjord
April 21st, 2008, 05:07 PM

Why would they do that? Thos posess little intelligence, and besides we've seen them before....which means thwe enery liens can not be the new race.

Infinatus
April 21st, 2008, 05:40 PM

Do you mean the Mist People?

Heaven
April 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
they were cool
but they're way out of our league
they're like half ascended or something

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Do you mean the Mist People?

He could mean the blob from hide and seek.

flameling
April 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
He could mean the blob from hide and seek.

But haven't we seen those before? I'm thinking something from another reality, Janus creation or good wraith, hopefully we don't get the last one(it reminds to much of the Tokra, and no I have nothing against them but they should be on SG1) and if it's one of the other two I hope it's not humanoid. If they go with humanoid, I would think one of the better choices would be g.o.d's idea.

SpaceCowboy
April 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I propose that the new race will be humanoid in appearance (this saves on makeup and prosthetics) but far advanced in the ways of webpage design, economics and vector calculus. Their greatest weakness will prove to be a propensity to drop everything at a moment's notice and travel great distances to attend Renaisance Fairs and Civil War Re-enactments. Their greatest strength derives from their leader; a man imbued with the incomprehensible ability to cause even the strongest of opponents to first lapse into a sluggish daze and then, after only a brief time, cause them to take their own life rather than continue their exposure to his awesome power.

Who is this new and powerful nemesis to freedom in the Pegasus Galaxy?

http://www.ebates.com/images/blog/teachermirror.jpgBueller.....Bueller......Bueller

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

ablevins425
April 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
I propose that the new race will be humanoid in appearance (this saves on makeup and prosthetics) but far advanced in the ways of webpage design, economics and vector calculus. Their greatest weakness will prove to be a propensity to drop everything at a moment's notice and travel great distances to attend Renaisance Fairs and Civil War Re-enactments. Their greatest strength derives from their leader; a man imbued with the incomprehensible ability to cause even the strongest of opponents to first lapse into a sluggish daze and then, after only a brief time, cause them to take their own life rather than continue their exposure to his awesome power.

Who is this new and powerful nemesis to freedom in the Pegasus Galaxy?

http://www.ebates.com/images/blog/teachermirror.jpgBueller.....Bueller......Bueller

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

Lol!

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
But haven't we seen those before? I'm thinking something from another reality, Janus creation or good wraith, hopefully we don't get the last one(it reminds to much of the Tokra, and no I have nothing against them but they should be on SG1) and if it's one of the other two I hope it's not humanoid. If they go with humanoid, I would think one of the better choices would be g.o.d's idea.

Yeah a new alien species would be interesting.

Bey0nd
April 23rd, 2008, 04:00 AM
the ancient story has been done to death :(

if this turns out to be the case, count me as bailing out

> Weir getting cut was almost the straw that broke the camel's back