Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?

There is a great sentiment around that Atlantis has been winning in every ship battle so what if we loose the fleet. Daedalus, Appollo even the up and comming Phoenix? This would be outside typical Sci Fi formula we lost the entire fleet. We have no more ships for at least a year.

Since they are the most powerful vessels in PG how is this going to happen?

Michael leaks intel that he is massing all his forces hybrids and hives on one planet. It is incredibly well fortified that Todd seeks Shepards help. Atlantis deploys the entire fleet along with a couple of hives from Todd. A battle was fought. Unknown to them, It is all Michael's plan to destroy the Atlantis fleet. Michael boobytrapped the Sun Carter-style. The one she did in the SG1 episode the Exodus to blow up the sun.

or

Michael finds an Asuran Off world shipyard where they were building a new type of ship. It was built off world because Oberoth was worried the Atlanteans would try the Appollo's Assault in Season 4 First Strike. In true Ancient Fashion they left it behind underwater when Oberoth issued the recall order so they could regroup back on Asuras. Michael finishes the fleet using an army of Mckay-clones. He got the DNA when he captured Mckay in Allies. Simillar to what Anubis did in Full Circle he rises up and wipes out the fleet.

WHat do you think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Hmmm. that's an interesting idea. I quite like it. It would be quite cool to see atlantis acting on information that turned out to be false and it ends up destroying all the ships in an engagement with a huge wraith fleet...........wouldn't be amazingly keen on seeing caldwell buy the farm but......meh he's had a good run.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Hmmm. that's an interesting idea. I quite like it. It would be quite cool to see atlantis acting on information that turned out to be false and it ends up destroying all the ships in an engagement with a huge wraith fleet...........wouldn't be amazingly keen on seeing caldwell buy the farm but......meh he's had a good run.
      NOT CALDWELL ....Ellis on the otherhand....
      I do think it would be good for us to lose one of the ships (Apollo after like marks is off )
      This isn't Atlantis?
      I don't think so.
      If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

uh, what about the odyssey??
        if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

I wouldn't mind losing 1, maybe 2 ships if we had The Phoenix, Deady, and Apollo in the fight, but not all of them. In fact, now that I think about it it, I want to see another ship destroyed in a large battle, ala Korolev in Camelot. Just one though

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            I wouldn't mind losing 1, maybe 2 ships if we had The Phoenix, Deady, and Apollo in the fight, but not all of them. In fact, now that I think about it it, I want to see another ship destroyed in a large battle, ala Korolev in Camelot. Just one though
            Actually if there was a sun explosion route I was thinking that the Phoenix could survive. I mean if Carter was commanding it. When her officers notify her of the fluctuation in the Sun she would understand it instantly and order them to jump into hyperspace. Since the Other Cols aren't scientists they would order for more scans. Carter will try to warn them of course but couldn't get through to them in time because of the battle. The explosion would damage the Phoenix hence it will be shelved for a few months to get it back on line. and ready for battle.

When you think about the Phoenix surviving an exploding sun then comming back on line. It is like a Phoenix being reborn out of the fire.

I don't want to loose the Oddy it has the Asgard Core the legacy of the Asgard!
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well, we do know that another race will be introduced in the upcoming season, and Jeff Mallozzi has said that we will also see new kinds of ships, maybe we'll be lucky and this new race will be able to cause significant trouble to the Ta'uri warships.

Comment

Was thinking about this idea of losing the fleet and thought of an interesting twist they could put on the carter-sun implosion idea.

I dont know if this had already suggested some where else (sorry if it has).

If Michael does lure the fleet and then takes the sun out, the whole fleet bar the pheonix with carter, mckay and shep on it. In the blast wave the Pheonix gets blasted into another galexy like happend in exodus. They just happen to be transported to the galexy and very near to the ship that is seeding stargates around like is proposed for the Stargate Universe theme, they realise it is anchient and this is how they find out about it and the whole 9th chevron.

Any one else think that this might be a good idea to mix the destruction of the fleet with something else?

Comment

michael develops a new type of battle ship [5km long], and succesfully fights the 304's

Comment

you know that ship is half as long as a hive?

Comment

Having a technologically advanced fleet is what Stargate has been leading up to since the very start of SG-1. It has taken 11 years to get to this point, losing the whole 'fleet' (even if it is just 2 or 3 ships) would be a kick in the teeth and a big step backward. You only have to look at Atlantis season 4 to realise both ships and gates can live in harmony in the franchise as it were, and there can still be a big sense of peril.

They barely used the Daedalus/Apollo last year compared to previous seasons. We had a bit of the Apollo in the beginning, and then not much, if any ship-usage until BAMSR. Between then and the Kindred we only had I think 1 episode that used the ships, Outcast.

I liked that about season 4. They used the ships in places, but most of the time the team were using the gate. They got the right balance IMO for the point we are at in the franchise.

Comment

3 ships is not a fleet.

Now if we were talking about f-302's then yeah theres a fleet.

At the moast 3 ships is a battlegroup.

Comment

Originally posted by rielgenius1688 View Post
                          Well, we do know that another race will be introduced in the upcoming season, and Jeff Mallozzi has said that we will also see new kinds of ships, maybe we'll be lucky and this new race will be able to cause significant trouble to the Ta'uri warships.
                          Where did you here that?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                            Where did you here that?
                            'Jeff' Mallozzi posts it on his blog

Comment

i would call earths fleet a pack not a fleet

maybe 12 earths ships than i call that a fleet and with f-302 running along side, now that would look cool
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X