This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC Unveils SF-Heavy Slate 2008-'09 television schedule

NBC unveiled a 2008-'09 television schedule that's dominated by new and returning SF, fantasy and horror programming, including a series revival of Knight Rider and a new anthology series called Fear Itself, as well as the renewal of Medium, whose fate had been in question.

The announcements came at the network's "infront" (the new nickname for upfronts) presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2.

The shows and miniseries will be part of the network's ambitious 52-week program strategy and will premiere anytime between this May and summer 2009.

The new series include Kings, Fear Itself and Knight Rider, all of which had been expected to make the schedule, as well as the surprise entries My Own Worst Enemy and The Listener.

Waiting in the wings is Merlin. Also on the way is The Last Templar, a Da Vinci Code-esque miniseries.

Returning shows include Chuck and Heroes, which had previously been announced and which will premiere in September, and Medium, which was reportedly on the bubble but will return next winter for a fifth season.
    much more info
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=51590
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Hmmm, should be interesting to see how many of the new shows survive.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm always glad to see more Sci-Fi vs. some of the stuff the networks generally try to cram down our throats.
      But....it'll be interesting to see if they promote the new shows enough to get an audience and what the writing & stories are like.
      "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
      Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
      ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

I'm glad to see that they're giving sci-fi/fantasy a chance. Problem is, so many sci-fi shows get a go but are never given a chance to gain an audience.
        I got attached to Journeyman this past year and where did that get me?
        But at least there are people out there coming up with sci-fi themed show premises.

Comment

Working...
        X