This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new powerful race? Friend or foe?

What race would you like to see in S5? Should it be an old and very powerful race? Or similar race to us (another Genii or Travelers)? And should they be friends or foes?

I personally would like to see someone like Lorien from B5, who still is one of my favorite characters.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

The new race(s) are probably going to be less powerful and the Wraith, and more in the gray rather than being outright friend or foe, which is probably for the best imo, makes them more interesting. The main thing that annoys me is that when the producers say 'race' they probably just mean another group of humans.

Comment

I would like to see a representative of very powerful race who will visit Atlantis from time to time. Some very old and wise character who isn't arrogant and incompetent like the ascended. Someone like Lorien
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        I would like to see a representative of very powerful race who will visit Atlantis from time to time. Some very old and wise character who isn't arrogant and incompetent like the ascended. Someone like Lorien
        You want to say Larrin, right?
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
            You want to say Larrin, right?
            no! Have you seen Babylon 5?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              no! Have you seen Babylon 5?
              The commander of the Babylon 5? Or that Minbari character?
              Last edited by Invictus; 06 April 2008, 11:59 AM.
              Spoiler:
              I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                The commander of the Babylon 5?
                no, Lorien was the oldest being(energy being. Similar to our ascened, but unlike the ascened in SG, he wasn't an ass) in our galaxy. He helped Sheridan during the war between Vorlons and Shadows. Watch the beginning of S4 for more
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

First of all, LET IT BE ACTUAL ALIENS! No more humans, please.

Secondly, I would appriciate if the race was kinda like Todd or Ba'al, people you cooperate with when all parts need it but you still don't know where you have 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
                    First of all, LET IT BE ACTUAL ALIENS! No more humans, please.

Secondly, I would appriciate if the race was kinda like Todd or Ba'al, people you cooperate with when all parts need it but you still don't know where you have 'em.
                    A tace of ba'als wondersdul.
                    I have no problem with them being human, I would rather something new. But, it may not happen. And I do think they will be an extremly older race.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      A tace of ba'als wondersdul.
                      I have no problem with them being human, I would rather something new. But, it may not happen. And I do think they will be an extremly older race.
                      You really think that, or you've have some info that you don't wanna share with us
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I personally feel they should bring back the Furlings. They never really elaborated much on them. I think they were referenced by the Asgard later on in the series as having died out but I'm not really sure on that one. Would make for a great story arc I think.

"FURLINGS
                        An ancient and mysterious race, about whom little is known. The Furlings were once members in an alliance of four great races, along with the Asgard, the Nox, and the Ancients.

The Furlings possessed advanced technology, including an archway device that instantaneously transports users over great distances. When SG-1 discovered the technology on an uninhabited planet Colonel Jack O'Neill and Harold Maybourne were transported to the planet's nearby moon. There Maybourne hoped to find a secret paradise, but instead found a desolate colony strewn with the remains of its long-dead colonies. If these men and women were Furlings, they were quite humanoid."

I don't believe the remains they found were the Furlings. In the episode it describes that invitations were sent out to many races for this "Utopia", including Earth. I think the Furlings realized what happened and disappeared similarly like what the Ancients did to get away from the plague.

They could come back evil or good, even perhaps neutral like the Nox.

Comment

I do not know why the TPTB have not yet used the furlings in a story arc, a lot of people want them to. I hope that this new race is either the furlings or a new non-human race, although I have nothing against human races.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would like to see another branch of ancients that are still around. they would have a city ship that is different to atlantis. they would also have a few ships. not enough to fight the wraith head on but they could have been pissing the wraith off for year. like the tokra with the goauld. we would become allies with them but they would just help us with tech things and they would get us to go on missions with them like the tokra again.

i would also like to see an old and powerful race that protects some planets from the wraith and the wraith fear them. they would not be human. at first they would not think anything of us cos they would think we just steal our tech. they could maybe be the furlings and they might disagree with the asgards decisionon making us the 5th race. or maybe they come to the galaxy cos asgard contacted them when they knew they were going to die.

Comment

I think it would be interesting if the wraith thought of this new race as equals and allies as opposed to another enemy for the wraith to have to fight.

Comment

Working...
                              X