This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craptastic Gordon Canceled!

Well, give me a cookie, because just as I predicted Trash Gordon is canceled. I even said that to avoid getting more negative P.R. from this disaster that SciFi would simply continue to air the rest of the season (well the dumb#*@ did pay in advance for an entire season after all!), then simply just with little to no announcement let the show die.

Now if only the shareholders would cancel SciFi channel so some other entity could start up a true Science Fiction channel!

any proof

Comment

"Craptastic Gordon" LOLOL, that's pretty funny. I actually enjoyed Flash Gordon. Sure the characters and storylines were rather cheesy, but at least they were semi-memorable. I would have welcomed a second season. That being said the Scifi Channel should have just kept the Dresden Files instead of canceling it and making a new Flash Gordon series.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
        any proof
        flash gordon cancelled - Google News

Comment

Kind of a shame IMO. I thought the show got much better in the second half of the season. It was the first half that killed it.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I lost interest in FG fairly quick after the first few episodes. I'm not surprised it got shelved.

Comment

Bit of good and bad news.

Last half of the season was awesome, and the ending wrapped a lot of stuff up, so would be happy to leave it there.

First half of the season + ratings didn't do it any favours.
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Somehow I'm just not surprised

Comment

Can't say I'm particularly shocked, or upset for that matter. I watched about 15 minutes of it once and it took me the remainder of that hour to recover from just how huge the suck factor was.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                    Bit of good and bad news.

Last half of the season was awesome, and the ending wrapped a lot of stuff up, so would be happy to leave it there.

First half of the season + ratings didn't do it any favours.
                    I must grudgingly admit you are right about the improvement but I'd hesitate to attach "Awesome" because I suspect it was only awesome in comparison to the first half. The improvements were simply massive but I doubt we'd be looking at season 2 even if it had started out in the vein of the second half simply because the treatment of the series was all wrong from the startout which is probably why it never drew a large audience.

I'd really appreciate it if the SCI FI Channel would stop insulting my intelligence with series like this and recall the implied "science" in their channel title.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                      Somehow I'm just not surprised
                      I don't think any of us were.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X