This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Atlantis teck

More Stuff about the city, like fun teck that just gets shown and not spoke of again.

actually it annoys me when they come up with technology just in time to save themselves (or for whatever reason) and then that's the end of it. if they gain new tech, I'd rather it stayed around long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      actually it annoys me when they come up with technology just in time to save themselves (or for whatever reason) and then that's the end of it. if they gain new tech, I'd rather it stayed around long-term.
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
        yeh same
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

They've been coming up with quick solutions like that for quite some time now. They don't really have one problem and build up upon it (if anyone gets me). Apart from the situations with the replicators, they build upon that for a while, but still found the technology or have made up the technology too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by fn-p90 View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

diddo

Comment

For instance, you have technology aka; Tao of Rodney, which could make a person very powerful, more powerful, than any weapon in pegasus or the milky way and you know what,

Weir said: 'its too dangerous to ever use it again.' and that was that. Now you mean to tell me. I would leave all that behind, the Military would, Woosley's slime bosses would? Just because Weir said so?

Comment

And Rodney demonstrated...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  And Rodney demonstrated...
                  Rodney showed us that the potential is there, what he did with it isn't important.

They have cloning technology second to none thanks to the Asgard. Plus the ability to exist between a second (temporal displacement technology)

You make clones of selected people. expose them to the ancients ascension device then place them in a time displacement field.

Who ever ascends will then reveal tidbits to the monitors or, before that person dies remove blood samples and make a clone of the pre ascended person.

Eventually you'll have a person whose power is that of an Ori or Dorci.

Maybe I'm reaching, simply put, you'll have some one who can move stuff with their minds. That should be worth its weight in gold eh?

Comment

And you don't see anything morally wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      And you don't see anything morally wrong with that?

Morality and Governments are like Gas and Water, each one cancels out the other. Morality and me? I believe in Truth, not morality. Apparently among humanity, Morality is Relative. Truth is always Truth. My Morality is your bane, your morality cause me pain.

Comment

Nice rhyming. Anyway, I would like to see them use the matter converters in conjunction with the Ancient database. Nothing has stated that it cannot be achieved. That way, you can create Ancient technologies.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          Nice rhyming. Anyway, I would like to see them use the matter converters in conjunction with the Ancient database. Nothing has stated that it cannot be achieved. That way, you can create Ancient technologies.
                          They could, god, they could have several ancient post, all across the galaxy. With technologies that rivals the asurans. But the writers seems to think we're not ready for stories where our characters aren't finicky about trivialities they've faced before or SG1 faced before.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                            Morality and Governments are like Gas and Water, each one cancels out the other.
                            That makes no sense. Gas and water don't cancel each other out, and neither does morality and government.

Morality and me? I believe in Truth, not morality. Apparently among humanity, Morality is Relative. Truth is always Truth.
                            All true, but what's your point? Relative or not if we don't act with some moral conviction then society would collapse, the question was do you see anything immoral with what you're proposing, because if you do then why would you do it? And if you don't then you should, especially considering that most of the people put in that machine (against their will?) would be turned to goo...

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                              They could, god, they could have several ancient post, all across the galaxy. With technologies that rivals the asurans. But the writers seems to think we're not ready for stories where our characters aren't finicky about trivialities they've faced before or SG1 faced before.
                              That make sence actully. I mean why only build one?
                              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                              X