PDA

View Full Version : More Atlantis teck

wraith form Replicator
March 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
More Stuff about the city, like fun teck that just gets shown and not spoke of again.

naamiaiset
March 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
actually it annoys me when they come up with technology just in time to save themselves (or for whatever reason) and then that's the end of it. if they gain new tech, I'd rather it stayed around long-term.

FN-P90
March 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM
actually it annoys me when they come up with technology just in time to save themselves (or for whatever reason) and then that's the end of it. if they gain new tech, I'd rather it stayed around long-term.

:indeed:

Bobby
March 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM

yeh same

wizz_kid_sid
March 31st, 2008, 05:59 PM
They've been coming up with quick solutions like that for quite some time now. They don't really have one problem and build up upon it (if anyone gets me). Apart from the situations with the replicators, they build upon that for a while, but still found the technology or have made up the technology too quickly.

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

diddo

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 04:58 PM
For instance, you have technology aka; Tao of Rodney, which could make a person very powerful, more powerful, than any weapon in pegasus or the milky way and you know what,

Weir said: 'its too dangerous to ever use it again.' and that was that. Now you mean to tell me. I would leave all that behind, the Military would, Woosley's slime bosses would? Just because Weir said so?

PG15
May 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
And Rodney demonstrated...

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
And Rodney demonstrated...

Rodney showed us that the potential is there, what he did with it isn't important.

They have cloning technology second to none thanks to the Asgard. Plus the ability to exist between a second (temporal displacement technology)

You make clones of selected people. expose them to the ancients ascension device then place them in a time displacement field.

Who ever ascends will then reveal tidbits to the monitors or, before that person dies remove blood samples and make a clone of the pre ascended person.

Eventually you'll have a person whose power is that of an Ori or Dorci.

Maybe I'm reaching, simply put, you'll have some one who can move stuff with their minds. That should be worth its weight in gold eh?

jenks
May 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM
And you don't see anything morally wrong with that?

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
And you don't see anything morally wrong with that?

Morality and Governments are like Gas and Water, each one cancels out the other. Morality and me? I believe in Truth, not morality. Apparently among humanity, Morality is Relative. Truth is always Truth. My Morality is your bane, your morality cause me pain.

Ltcolshepjumper
May 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Nice rhyming. Anyway, I would like to see them use the matter converters in conjunction with the Ancient database. Nothing has stated that it cannot be achieved. That way, you can create Ancient technologies.

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Nice rhyming. Anyway, I would like to see them use the matter converters in conjunction with the Ancient database. Nothing has stated that it cannot be achieved. That way, you can create Ancient technologies.

They could, god, they could have several ancient post, all across the galaxy. With technologies that rivals the asurans. But the writers seems to think we're not ready for stories where our characters aren't finicky about trivialities they've faced before or SG1 faced before.

jenks
May 30th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Morality and Governments are like Gas and Water, each one cancels out the other.

That makes no sense. Gas and water don't cancel each other out, and neither does morality and government.

Morality and me? I believe in Truth, not morality. Apparently among humanity, Morality is Relative. Truth is always Truth.

All true, but what's your point? Relative or not if we don't act with some moral conviction then society would collapse, the question was do you see anything immoral with what you're proposing, because if you do then why would you do it? And if you don't then you should, especially considering that most of the people put in that machine (against their will?) would be turned to goo...

FN-P90
May 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
They could, god, they could have several ancient post, all across the galaxy. With technologies that rivals the asurans. But the writers seems to think we're not ready for stories where our characters aren't finicky about trivialities they've faced before or SG1 faced before.

That make sence actully. I mean why only build one?

Coremae
May 31st, 2008, 05:28 PM
That makes no sense. Gas and water don't cancel each other out, and neither does morality and government.

When driving your car stops, after inquiring from the mechanic, he reveals to you that some how, water got in your tank. No combustion is possible. The water canceled out the gas combustion potential.

The city maintenance crew is called to apartment delta 3 on Basack street, reason being, gasoline has leaked from a local gas station into the under ground water supply. No drinking or bathing since, the water's purity has been compromised by the influx of gasoline.

In California more Moral people(at least those of the first vaster group who feels that their sense of morality is dictated by natural laws, either of life or religious restrictions/protections which dictates the need for common morality in mating. But, the second group who claims to be just as moral wants the right to name their form of morality/relativity which is supposedly just as righteous, but not as constrained or restrictive as that followed by the first group of morality followers who has claimed to be more moral). wanted a marriage be between a man and woman. The courts(an extension of governments) decided that morality is relative since, sexual rights and regulations enjoyed by mora....I mean man and woman should be enjoyed by man and man woman and woman alien and freak mutant and goo. Thus a sense of morality which permeated through the mindset of a nation since its inception has now been waylayed due to a need to separate Confucius from Confusion, allowing confusion to rule. Thus today one would receive a double murder sentence if a woman is pregnant but, another pregnant woman can abort her baby and its, her choice and not murder. Ain't morality grand?

All true, but what's your point? Relative or not if we don't act with some moral conviction then society would collapse, the question was do you see anything immoral with what you're proposing, because if you do then why would you do it? And if you don't then you should, especially considering that most of the people put in that machine (against their will?) would be turned to goo...

Immoral you say, not as immoral as sending young people off to an ill fated end due to an ill fated war to die a trivial and pointless death that brings them no true glory nor fame, nor power, since they're dead, and to add insult to injury, dying for no reason since nothing constructive has been accomplished and never will be. Making the choice to send them there even more immoral seeing that the conditions of the sending was done under false pretenses. So people like the ones mentioned, wouldn't have any problem testing the powers of godhood by sacrificing a few heroes, wouldn't you say?

No more immoral than creating a league of nations that dictates the ins and outs of mankind, swearing to protect and save the innocent, throwing huge levies on member nations(usually the smaller ones) claiming to be the guide of morality and then, allowing genocide to continue daily and continually, failing in the one moral regard which they swore to fulfill; protect the innocent. Just because the larger players in the league feels that sanctions, which always only hurt the weak and destitute who was suffering before but now is condemned to a slow painful death.

immoral? I think not. Seventy thirty against? Those are great odds. The upside is that one could become incredibly powerful and be eternal or just die. All or Nothing. Heaven or the Abyss.

Victims aren't we all?

jenks
May 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
When driving your car stops, after inquiring from the mechanic, he reveals to you that some how, water got in your tank. No combustion is possible. The water canceled out the gas combustion potential.

The city maintenance crew is called to apartment delta 3 on Basack street, reason being, gasoline has leaked from a local gas station into the under ground water supply. No drinking or bathing since, the water's purity has been compromised by the influx of gasoline.

I don't speak American, to me gas is a state of matter. If you'd have said petrol I'd have understood.

In California more Moral people(at least those of the first vaster group who feels that their sense of morality is dictated by natural laws, either of life or religious restrictions/protections which dictates the need for common morality in mating. But, the second group who claims to be just as moral wants the right to name their form of morality/relativity which is supposedly just as righteous, but not as constrained or restrictive as that followed by the first group of morality followers who has claimed to be more moral). wanted a marriage be between a man and woman. The courts(an extension of governments) decided that morality is relative since, sexual rights and regulations enjoyed by mora....I mean man and woman should be enjoyed by man and man woman and woman alien and freak mutant and goo. Thus a sense of morality which permeated through the mindset of a nation since its inception has now been waylayed due to a need to separate Confucius from Confusion, allowing confusion to rule. Thus today one would receive a double murder sentence if a woman is pregnant but, another pregnant woman can abort her baby and its, her choice and not murder. Ain't morality grand?

So morality is relative, the gas/water analogy still doesn't work.

Immoral you say, not as immoral as sending young people off to an ill fated end due to an ill fated war to die a trivial and pointless death that brings them no true glory nor fame, nor power, since they're dead, and to add insult to injury, dying for no reason since nothing constructive has been accomplished and never will be. Making the choice to send them there even more immoral seeing that the conditions of the sending was done under false pretenses. So people like the ones mentioned, wouldn't have any problem testing the powers of godhood by sacrificing a few heroes, wouldn't you say?

Are we still talking about Stargate? If you're talking about war then you can't really compare the two. There nothing immoral about sending people to do something they've promised to do.

No more immoral than creating a league of nations that dictates the ins and outs of mankind, swearing to protect and save the innocent, throwing huge levies on member nations(usually the smaller ones) claiming to be the guide of morality and then, allowing genocide to continue daily and continually, failing in the one moral regard which they swore to fulfill; protect the innocent. Just because the larger players in the league feels that sanctions, which always only hurt the weak and destitute who was suffering before but now is condemned to a slow painful death.

Off topic, totally irrelevant.

immoral? I think not. Seventy thirty against? Those are great odds. The upside is that one could become incredibly powerful and be eternal or just die. All or Nothing. Heaven or the Abyss.

If you're forcing it on people? Immoral either way.

Coremae
May 31st, 2008, 06:21 PM
That make sence actully. I mean why only build one?

Exactly, The US Navy isn't the greatest because they settled for one of anything; they're the greatest because they build a lot of something and make it bigger than any one else.

The matter transponder Sam and the others relied upon for fifty years, has the potential to make anything, with sufficient power of course and a base molecular map of objects or matter, it should be able to replicate any technology. Including other matter transponders. They could then replicate material which they would have analyzed, specifically, the material from Atlantis' many buildings including its complicated circuitry. Then build dozens of these all around the planet. Subterranean magma generators like the ones when they found the ancient ship, to power the outpost. Or simply use dozens of power cells replicated from the puddle jumpers. They could have dozens of outpost within a year.

PG15
May 31st, 2008, 06:49 PM
That's assuming the matter...things don't require massive amounts of energy to work, like an Asgard energy core or a ZPM. Normal Daedalus class ships may not even have enough energy to make it work.

Coremae
May 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I don't speak American, to me gas is a state of matter. If you'd have said petrol I'd have understood.

Okay, petrol it is.

So morality is relative, the gas/water analogy still doesn't work.
sure it does, the Petrol/water analogy explains perfectly how morality plays no part in decisions Governments make. In Flordia swingers wanted to have their thing,they were allowed, since there isn't anything illegal in their actions. Of course the landlord had issues with it, but then he would have imposed his morality upon the contract agreed upon. They (landlord and local residents) went to local government to complain, and guess what. The issues they raised were noted then ignored, since their morality encroached upon the rights of the group to freely congregate. As long as there wasn't payment given or taken, no laws broken. You add morality to the cause, like water it drowns the effectiveness of governments ability to govern the general population fairly, thus the petrol is useless.

Say if the law decided that our children should be exposed to something morally unnatural(by exposed I mean told, that something their parents told them was morally improper isn't as improper as their parents claim it to be, thus robbing the parents right of making a moral benchmark for the purpose of protecting their kids from unsavory activities) then the water would be useless for bathing and drinking, having been tinted by gasoli.....petrol.

Are we still talking about Stargate? If you're talking about war then you can't really compare the two. There nothing immoral about sending people to do something they've promised to do.
My brother I care for him deeply, by right of birth, I am his brother, his fights are mine. If he claims that person 'A' is responsible for robbing his house and I go along with him under false pretensions and 'deal' with persons 'A', where as person 'B' is the true perpetrator, but I am misled by my brother with trumped up evidence. Is not my brother immoral for lying to me, knowing full well that person 'A' had nothing to do with what happened to him?

Off topic, totally irrelevant.

How is it, you questioned our morality. Which morality, yours mine, the UN morality? The morality of the accused or the victims perhaps? In the world in which we live, morality is as relative as what is hot or how cold is cold. Its illegal to clone but okay to kill a human for their stem cells. Immoral you said because we would be killing more than half of test subjects. Freedom comes at a price, according to scientist, evolution comes at an even higher price. You can't have Keira Knightly without slaughtering a few Neanderthals, or all of them.(If you follow evolution, which makes morality moot since, evolution makes morality and the need to follow rules trivial and dumb.)

If you're forcing it on people? Immoral either way.

Forcing? Forcing? You give people the option and most of those told would go for the chance. Crap, all the dying or old, would jump for the chance, at least most of them. "Hey die slowly over the next six weeks from cancer/ unknown virus/aids/old age, or, take a chance to become a godlike one. Hey there's a seventy percent chance you'll die, but wait you were dying any way, and checking out in a rather horrible way."

Coremae
May 31st, 2008, 07:14 PM
That's assuming the matter...things don't require massive amounts of energy to work, like an Asgard energy core or a ZPM. Normal Daedalus class ships may not even have enough energy to make it work.

I'm thinking complexity takes a lot more power than a cello or tratonin, or food. If I remember correctly, it took Sam a long time to figure out how to make the matter transponder work. Well lets argue that she has figured it out, It would still take time and energy to make something as complex as an ancient drone. So maybe we're looking at this in the wrong way.

What have they discovered they could create fairly easily, Replicators. Build a replicator, programmed with the knowledge of reliable members, like Sam Sheppard Rodney, Oneil or even Daniel and send them on their way, with all the memories and knowledge of various SG1 members but with a distinct imperative to make ancient like cities all across the galaxy. Heck Rodney could do that at Atlantis and the Asgard technology could be used to copy the crews minds into the newly made drones.

Ltcolshepjumper
May 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM

Victims aren't we all?

No, morality has no say in government. Because some decisions must be made that help one group and hurt another. I don't get how this deals with Ancient technology, though. It's like peace. We can't have global peace as long as there is freedom of thought. It is impossible. Mankind always wants to dominate. Ideas will always conflict. No two people can have everything they want. Because if they have everything they want, then someone will lose something. I believe morality is an absolute, no relative. I call it Truth. But, like I was saying, world peace, for example, can only come through a world government which dictates the beliefs of its people (the people willing consent to this). There is no such thing as universal cooperation or coexistence of all beliefs. And yes, the UN is a bunch of crap.
Oh, relative morality is just an excuse for people to have their way. Murder could be moral for someone. Some people thing the concept of government goes against relative morality (which it does).

Coremae
June 1st, 2008, 08:04 AM
No, morality has no say in government. Because some decisions must be made that help one group and hurt another. I don't get how this deals with Ancient technology, though. It's like peace. We can't have global peace as long as there is freedom of thought. It is impossible. Mankind always wants to dominate. Ideas will always conflict. No two people can have everything they want. Because if they have everything they want, then someone will lose something. I believe morality is an absolute, no relative. I call it Truth. But, like I was saying, world peace, for example, can only come through a world government which dictates the beliefs of its people (the people willing consent to this). There is no such thing as universal cooperation or coexistence of all beliefs. And yes, the UN is a bunch of crap.
Oh, relative morality is just an excuse for people to have their way. Murder could be moral for someone. Some people thing the concept of government goes against relative morality (which it does).

It has been established in the StarGate Universe, that regularly people has no involvement in the SGC or have the right to travel the galaxy, which is unfair and also improper. Imagine, selected people using their so called protocols---which is a sort of moral compass for their imposing rights upon all---to say who could and can't go through out the galaxy, or learn of the existence of things bigger and better than their mundane drudgeries which they daily navigate, keeping them ever docile, ignorant to their existential potential which they could have once far from the crushing embrace of this cradle we call mother earth.

Morally fair or all or nothing global rhetoric usually enforced on the ones always left out of the loop due to Our Way or the Highway reasonings by Governments with the most power?

If something like StarGate existed, how much of us would try the ascension device so that we could place aside this mortal form---adapting a more powerful mortal form, though not incorruptible as that of the immortals, but far enough from mundane to keep us existing e'en in the face of a raging inferno brought on by the sun, or the supposed strong draw of a black hole---?

Mankind's excuse always is, that the majority isn't ready for the truth---they can't handle the truth---.

Yet we are ready, and no one have the moral right to impose their morality---which always befits them and their allies---on me while they sit back and enjoy the real truths as all of us have the right to enjoy

Coremae
June 1st, 2008, 09:20 AM
^^^^^

Coremae Yet we are ready, and no one have the moral right to impose their morality---which always befits them and their allies---on me while they sit back and enjoy the real truths as all of us have the right to enjoy

Some how that statement is coming back to byte me in the buttocks, I'm almost sure of it.

E.D.E.N.
June 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Uhhhhhhhh, is this a Stargate discussion?

Coremae
June 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Uhhhhhhhh, is this a Stargate discussion?

Yes it is, speaking of teck; In that episode, The Tower, there was another ancient city,though in disrepair, it was still a city of the ancients, how many cool gadgets did it have? Though buried, what of the tokra crystals which is used to make tunnels. I'm guessing it would be easy to use them to access buried parts of the city.

Rodney created a replicator who enjoyed fulfilling her purpose to his glory. Make another replicator whose purpose it is to build ancient outpost all across the galaxy.

One more thing, this mortal coil 410, showed asurans being destroyed because their city was shot to crap. But they actually died? Really. What a weak buttock solution that was.

Dare I say, they've returned rebuilt the city then submerged it out of fear that their formers would return.

Merlin1701
June 8th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Yes it is, speaking of teck; In that episode, The Tower, there was another ancient city,though in disrepair, it was still a city of the ancients, how many cool gadgets did it have? Though buried, what of the tokra crystals which is used to make tunnels. I'm guessing it would be easy to use them to access buried parts of the city.

Could be, I would like to see the follow up. what was the outpost for is the question? why dont we just explore Atlantis?

Rodney created a replicator who enjoyed fulfilling her purpose to his glory. Make another replicator whose purpose it is to build ancient outpost all across the galaxy. mmm slaves, we strike up the ethical issue...

Dare I say, they've returned rebuilt the city then submerged it out of fear that their formers would return.

what?????

I'm thinking complexity takes a lot more power than a cello or tratonin, or food. If I remember correctly, it took Sam a long time to figure out how to make the matter transponder work. Well lets argue that she has figured it out, It would still take time and energy to make something as complex as an ancient drone. So maybe we're looking at this in the wrong way.

What have they discovered they could create fairly easily, Replicators. Build a replicator, programmed with the knowledge of reliable members, like Sam Sheppard Rodney, Oneil or even Daniel and send them on their way, with all the memories and knowledge of various SG1 members but with a distinct imperative to make ancient like cities all across the galaxy. Heck Rodney could do that at Atlantis and the Asgard technology could be used to copy the crews minds into the newly made drones.

Why do we want replicators running around? Even if they have a strong moral compass they can be easily swayed with the "1 inch punch to the forehead".