PDA

View Full Version : Kolya

Cam_Mitchell
March 31st, 2008, 07:34 AM
I highly doubt it but Koyla may come back this season... i swear TPTB said that he might come back in S4.... :(

GoSpikey
March 31st, 2008, 08:09 AM
I highly doubt it but Koyla may come back this season... i swear TPTB said that he might come back in S4.... :(

He's dead, and he should stay it. Or he can only come back if he's Todd-food at the end... :P

Joe M, I think, mentioned having seen Robert Davi somewhere, and said again he liked him, etc, but he probably says a lot, so... Don't trust it until you see him. :D

the blackheart
March 31st, 2008, 10:38 AM

i agree i remember it being said. but i think he put it off to deal with bringing beckett back
:beckett:

naamiaiset
March 31st, 2008, 11:19 AM
He's dead, and he should stay it. Or he can only come back if he's Todd-food at the end... :P

Joe M, I think, mentioned having seen Robert Davi somewhere, and said again he liked him, etc, but he probably says a lot, so... Don't trust it until you see him. :D
:indeed:

plus, how would they bring him back when sheppard shot him?

The Suicidal Goldfish
March 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Sheppard has also shot Ronan and McKay, while in the same episode (Phantoms) Teyla got shot too.

How did they bring them back?!?!

Being shot does not necessarily make one dead. Epecially in SciFi.

Meanwhile, back on point, Robert Davi said he'd been enquired of as to his availability, though I no longer have the link. This was quite some time ago.

naamiaiset
March 31st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Sheppard has also shot Ronan and McKay, while in the same episode (Phantoms) Teyla got shot too.

How did they bring them back?!?!

Being shot does not necessarily make one dead. Epecially in SciFi.

Meanwhile, back on point, Robert Davi said he'd been enquired of as to his availability, though I no longer have the link. This was quite some time ago.
difference being ronon, mckay and teyla were shown alive in the end. kolya looked pretty much dead to me, just my opinion.

The Suicidal Goldfish
March 31st, 2008, 12:10 PM
Opinion is wonderful, isn't it?

Seriously, no offence intended whatsoever, but each of us has our own opinion and none of us are wrong until TPTB tell us otherwise.

naamiaiset
March 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Opinion is wonderful, isn't it?

Seriously, no offence intended whatsoever, but each of us has our own opinion and none of us are wrong until TPTB tell us otherwise.
how about this then, if he isn't dead, how would they bring him back in the plot?

The Suicidal Goldfish
March 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM
A move against Ladon?

Captures Todd and the team feel (for some reason or other) they have to rescue him (he has some key bit of intel against Michael?).

I realise I've just gone and made sure these plots never happen.

Devastated! :D

naamiaiset
March 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM
I thought about something similar. the team receives word of a genii taken prisoner and thinking it might be ladon, they go to investigate... only to find that it's kolya captured by todd. then, kolya becomes a wraith snack. :D

The TARDIS
March 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM

BOOM! (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/will_robert_davi_return_to_istar.shtml):D

That's the last bit of news Gateworld has on the purported episode... however, last month some time, on his BLOG OF DOOM, JM said that he'd talked to both Robert Davi and Richard Kind (Lucius) about reappearing in Atlantis. Hopefully in different episodes. And hopefully Lucius becomes Todd fodder, but still :P

Cory Holmes
March 31st, 2008, 04:02 PM
They could bring Koyla back using the Ancient Healy Cube from Evolution II.

GoSpikey
April 1st, 2008, 07:24 AM
To me, he looked pretty dead, too, with being shot in the heart-area, and this whole 'coming back from the dead' thing shouldn't be done so often, it's getting used a bit too much, now.

Use it on characters that have much to add to the show... I don't like the Genii, so him being dead is a good thing to me. He's only eventually going to be fodder again, anyway, right?

naamiaiset
April 2nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
To me, he looked pretty dead, too, with being shot in the heart-area, and this whole 'coming back from the dead' thing shouldn't be done so often, it's getting used a bit too much, now.

Use it on characters that have much to add to the show... I don't like the Genii, so him being dead is a good thing to me. He's only eventually going to be fodder again, anyway, right?
:indeed:

if kolya does come back, it'll probably be in just one or two episodes. I don't see him being a "key" player. maybe they should use your todd/kolya/force field idea, spikey. ;)

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
He never has been a key player though. As far as a wild card goes, he is certainly as interesting as Todd.

Todd is a whiter shade of grey compared to Kolya's darker grade.

naamiaiset
April 2nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
interesting as todd? I disagree. todd's character has more to it than kolya's, but still... like spikey said, him coming back wouldn't make much of a difference.

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Kolya hasn't been given the airtime Todd has.

And remember, the script given to Ladon Radim in Coup was originally written for Kolya.

naamiaiset
April 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
true, but I don't see the point in it. unless kolya is going to be useful for something, just leave him "dead"/unmentioned.

Torri012
April 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
i think kolya was the best enemy sofar of SGA - the wraith got boring after a while and the Asurans ... *sticks tongue out* ...
with kolya you never knew when he turns up and whats gonna happen.

i loved him very much :(

Clip how he died... (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQZAKBsaj0)

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
difference being ronon, mckay and teyla were shown alive in the end. kolya looked pretty much dead to me, just my opinion.

He could have survived but I doubt it.

Raziel
April 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
but he was a very good character to have that lame end!!!.... :S please TPTB! give him something worthy!!!!..

:mckay:

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
but he was a very good character to have that lame end!!!.... :S please TPTB! give him something worthy!!!!..

I actually thought the standoff was quite fitting for those two characters.

Torri012
April 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I actually thought the standoff was quite fitting for those two characters.

nah. it was an unworthy death. kolya deserved a better one!

Lauriel
April 4th, 2008, 02:20 AM
BOOM! (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/will_robert_davi_return_to_istar.shtml):D

That's the last bit of news Gateworld has on the purported episode... however, last month some time, on his BLOG OF DOOM, JM said that he'd talked to both Robert Davi and Richard Kind (Lucius) about reappearing in Atlantis. Hopefully in different episodes. And hopefully Lucius becomes Todd fodder, but still :P
:lol: What? :wraithanime11: Todd food? What did poor old Todd do to deserve that?

i think kolya was the best enemy sofar of SGA - the wraith got boring after a while and the Asurans ... *sticks tongue out* ...
with kolya you never knew when he turns up and whats gonna happen.

i loved him very much :(

Clip how he died... (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQZAKBsaj0)
Yep. *nods* I agree. The Wraith kill people because we're their food, or we endanger their food source/survival. I love the Wraith, but that is a fairly simple and understandable motive for a bad guy. However, Kolya was mean just because he was powerhungry and he could get away with it. It made his character more unpredictable, especially coupled with his intelligence. I loved Kolya as a nemesis, and things were really getting interesting between him and Sheppy.

Amen to that. I could merrily pretend that Irresponsible didn't exist. I would go along with any contrived plot, no matter how weak, that allowed me to happily agree that yes, Kolya was only injured, and now he's more pissed than ever. :D

tjmitchem
April 4th, 2008, 05:06 AM

I would have preferred it if Shep did him in the back of the head, execution style :)

He did promise that he'd kill him if he pulled any more crap.

Torri012
April 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yep. *nods* I agree. The Wraith kill people because we're their food, or we endanger their food source/survival. I love the Wraith, but that is a fairly simple and understandable motive for a bad guy. However, Kolya was mean just because he was powerhungry and he could get away with it. It made his character more unpredictable, especially coupled with his intelligence. I loved Kolya as a nemesis, and things were really getting interesting between him and Sheppy.

true. the one thing what was really brilliant about him was aswell that he had spies and that you never knew if he's there or not. as soon as you saw a scanner or a forest or something, you knew the wraith are somewhere but kolya could have turned up everywhere without being noticed.
i would have loved to see him some more. even in just little scenes like hiding in a bush and spying john out :P would have suited to him.

the death-scene was soo not fitting for his great character. its as uncool as shooting someone in the back :S just .. its not ... you know .. brave and not very exciting/thrilling. and that 'western-scene' didnt give me any thrill/excitement/action at all :cool: it was just a copy from old movies and you knew exactly from the beginning how it would end... :cool: .. sheppard wasnt better in that scene. he just shoot to early and did a lucky shoot with that... he didnt seem like a bit 'hero' to me then :S it was pooish how they killed him off...

jenks
April 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I've never understood the fuss about Kolya to be honest, just another cliché bad guy really.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
nah. it was an unworthy death. kolya deserved a better one!

I've never understood that argument. With their history a standoff was quite fitting.

CarSen
April 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well, I think WE deserved a better showdown between Kolya and Sheppard! This was so ridiculous boring .. one shot, he's dead and I just sat in front of the TV like 'This is not true.. tell me it's not true!!'
By the way there was no rebound from Kolya, and that was illogical, cause Sheppard didn't shot between forehead and upper lip. (If he did, Kolya couldn't have shot back indeed.)
Damn, that gets me upset!

May be they have a sarcophagus too ..xD Or they pinched it from the Goa'uld lol

Torri012
April 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I've never understood the fuss about Kolya to be honest, just another cliché bad guy really.

true. but how many did we have in stargate? :P

Well, I think WE deserved a better showdown between Kolya and Sheppard! This was so ridiculous boring .. one shot, he's dead and I just sat in front of the TV like 'This is not true.. tell me it's not true!!'
By the way there was no rebound from Kolya, and that was illogical, cause Sheppard didn't shot between forehead and upper lip. (If he did, Kolya couldn't have shot back indeed.)
Damn, that gets me upset!

May be they have a sarcophagus too ..xD Or they pinched it from the Goa'uld lol

agree ... it was boring. i expected more a hunt in a forest or so. just the two of them :D something with more action but nooo ... we got THAT :(

CarSen
April 7th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Yeah absolutely.. I can't imagine what they thought to write such a boring 'showdown'! You can't even call it a showdown, it's sad :(

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah absolutely.. I can't imagine what they thought to write such a boring 'showdown'! You can't even call it a showdown, it's sad :(

Actually it is a classic western style showdown.

flameling
April 7th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Tue. But I find that it's better when it isn't like that. I agree that it would have been better as a hunt, and even better, shot dead just about he's about to shoot Mckay, except it takes several bullets.

KindlyKeller
April 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I thought it was silly that such a dark villain (he did TORTURE Rodney and John) was killed in a comedy episode. But now that he's dead, and I don't think they intended to make us believe otherwise at the time, I'd prefer he stay dead.

CarSen
April 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Yes but it was a boring classic westerstyle showdown ... :P
May be there are people who will step into Kolya's shoes .. who knows?

taffy rose
April 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM

I do understand all the fuss :) There was nothing I found cliche about Koyla and I thought out of all Shep's adversaries Koyla was the most complex . I really enjoy the Shep and Michael conflict BUT Shep and Koyla was compelling to watch and despite him being bad I liked Koyla :cool:
It is easy to play a bad buy but not easy making him interesting but I always found Koyla interesting and intriguing :)

Kimberly

Mitchell82
April 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Tue. But I find that it's better when it isn't like that. I agree that it would have been better as a hunt, and even better, shot dead just about he's about to shoot Mckay, except it takes several bullets.

I do agree that it should have been more dramatic though I am ok with how it was done.

Torri012
April 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM

well true, but we're watching SciFi here and not a Western :P ;) :D
they could have made it more scifi-ly though with big guns and battle ships and all that stuff *rofl*