PDA

View Full Version : Season Five: Who's Next?

Reiko
March 30th, 2008, 06:01 PM
.: First year it was Peter. Second year it was Ford. Third year it was Carson. Fourth year it was Kate and pretty much also Elizabeth.

.: So, who's up for TPTB's special treatment in season five? They need to "keep the peril" or "shake things up" every year. You know, either to kick the bucket or just being jettisoned out into space ... never to be seen again! ;)

[ Off-Site Poll ] (http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/332417)

.: I think, sadly it's gonna be Lorne if anybody. He lacks the "assets" if you know what I mean. With the new arrival of the Vega Chick, he might get the axe. Yes, I know it's been said she won't take his screentime, but what if theres no screentime to steal? :(

.: I really hope they don't do it though, my faith in them is already low enough.

.: Post your hearts out kids! :D

.: (Mods, if ya wanna make this an on-site poll, go ahead, though I won't be a bother) ;)

Briangate78
March 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Say goodbye to Chuck! :p

jelgate
March 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
My money is Atlantis Marine #3

Reiko
March 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Say goodbye to Chuck! :p

.: :P Yeah, he's pretty disposable too, and as much as I love him I wouldn't miss him as much as Lorne ;)

naamiaiset
March 30th, 2008, 06:11 PM
teyla or lorne (who I hope not), but I wouldn't mind seeing woolsey get the axe. I'd encourage it. :D

Fenrir Foxz
March 30th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Kavanagh! :D:D:D :cool:

Ice Wolf
March 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I think they are going to be conclusive in regards to Weir :(. One of Lorne and Zelenka probably wont make it to the end, Chucks probably on the block too.

Lythisrose
March 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM
They'll probably knock off Michael sometime this season.
(Or Daniel could die in the First Midseason ep and come back in the second- he's good like that)

Repli!kat
March 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Keller. Pretty Please?
:wraithanime11: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/lythiasrose/stargate/funnies/keller_docsyringe02.gif

No?

It'll more likely be Zelenka or Lorne, unfortunately. :(

Reiko
March 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
.: LOL @ Daniel :D

.: Sadly I don't think It'll be Keller. The only thing she has against her is that she's a doctor. ;)

Bobby
March 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
they will prob get rid of micheal before he becomes overused and boring in the storyline...i agree i think it will be lorne because he doesnt really bring that much into the show even though i do love him as a character...dont reckon they would get rid of Zelenka because he brings a lot of comic relief into the show and works well with mckay

Buck32
March 30th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Keller. Pretty Please?
:wraithanime11: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/lythiasrose/stargate/funnies/keller_docsyringe02.gif

No?

Please let it be Keller, after all becoming a permanent cast member didn't stop Beckett from being killed!!!

Torri012
March 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
its either Lorne or Ronon, but i voted for Lorne :(

he's too loved to stay in the show i guess - like the others were which got killed off ... :cool:

*blames TPTB*

Arrakis2013
March 30th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Caldwell would be the one I can see being removed via Daedalus getting destroyed later in season or in season Finale.
Carter takes reigns as ship captain in Pegasus in her ship, Phoenix.
Beckett is medical officer on Atlantis.
Keller is medical officer aboard Phoenix.
Teyla I can see could be taken out of cast because of the baby issue but could come back as guest whenever they wanted.
Woolsey gets recalled. Sheppard gets promoted base commander.
McKay stays put.
It doesn't make sense to me Lorne, Zalenka, or Chuck get ousted. SG-1 didn't get rid of Reynolds, Doc Lee or Walter. I can't see them getting rid of Michael as a bad guy for the same reason as this. Maybe he keeps coming after Teylas baby.

naamiaiset
March 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Keller. Pretty Please?

No?

they can't kill zelenka, who would be the scientist? there's mckay, but he's a genius in tech, not necessarily science. I think that would be a bad idea, unless they had someone to replace him.

Alaska
March 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I think that would be a bad idea
Which is exactly why there is a very high probability that it will happen... :(

naamiaiset
March 30th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Which is exactly why there is a very high probability that it will happen... :(
:S that's true.

Bobby
March 31st, 2008, 12:00 AM
Caldwell would be the one I can see being removed via Daedalus getting destroyed later in season or in season Finale.
Teyla I can see could be taken out of cast because of the baby issue but could come back as guest whenever they wanted.
Woolsey gets recalled. Sheppard gets promoted base commander.
McKay stays put.
It doesn't make sense to me Lorne, Zalenka, or Chuck get ousted. SG-1 didn't get rid of Reynolds, Doc Lee or Walter. I can't see them getting rid of Michael as a bad guy for the same reason as this. Maybe he keeps coming after Teylas baby.

yeh good point about walter and doc lee but i disagree with reynolds because he was like the 6th version of himself they kept killing (or just getting rid of) those guys.

TraK
March 31st, 2008, 12:50 AM
i don't want anyone one to go. i like all of them.
Lorne better not be the one. I liked the sound of 'General Lorne'

Lenas
March 31st, 2008, 02:53 AM
Yes, Keller, please!! (Is anyone convinced she´s a doctor??)
If that´s the case, a whining, whining one....

virtues
March 31st, 2008, 04:52 AM
no! they cant kill off Lorne if they do they are going to get a serious talking to, we have lost to many good characters already.they could just make us think they were dead some of the time stave off the actual killings

jelgate
March 31st, 2008, 05:01 AM
Yes, Keller, please!! (Is anyone convinced she´s a doctor??)
If that´s the case, a whining, whining one....

Kind of like a Scottish doctor everytime he went offworld:rolleyes:

Lenas
March 31st, 2008, 05:13 AM

Guess you have a point...:beckettanime12:f
But at least when he did it, it was funny!:)
But it´s not keller against beckett really, I just don´t "get" here character yet - who is she?? it´s up to the writers to prove me wrong!

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 06:13 AM
Remember how they already made us believe in season 2 that Lorne was dead... Can't for the life of me remember the episode name.

I say Zelenka or Lorne are up next... Michael maybe but only if they get tired writing for him (which they have yet to start).

I think they like Todd too much to have something happening to him, or he just disappears like Ford.

But I'm quite sure we're going to be loosing several unnamed and named characters in season 5 and I send my humble condolences out to all the people who are about to loose a favorite character.

FoolishPleasure
March 31st, 2008, 06:22 AM
If enough people vote for Keller, then perhaps the "Character Who Never Should Have Been Born" will go bye-bye.

*crossing fingers*

wolverine_nl
March 31st, 2008, 06:28 AM

Well partly i agree, only i think it is more lickely TPTB would put Beckett on the Phoenix, because Keller will become a regular castmember in Season 5.

I voted for Teyla, after that the baby is born, I dont think she will be the warrior she once was and I dunno, it is what i think :sheppard:

Colonel Eriksen
March 31st, 2008, 07:45 AM
I hope its Colonel Ellis

but not Lorne I want him too be a regalur

ToasterOnFire
March 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Voting purely based on who's the most annoying, I'm going for Woolsey. He can whine and be obstinate most of the season and then have a heroic yet grisly death saving the city in the last episode.

Since Keller is following the same screentime trend as Carson, I think it's only fitting for her to meet a nasty fate at the hands of an exploding benign mass this season. :D

Remember how they already made us believe in season 2 that Lorne was dead... Can't for the life of me remember the episode name.
I think it was Coup.

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 08:00 AM
I think it was Coup.

Coup d'Etat... that's the one. :) Thanks.

jefferyb
March 31st, 2008, 09:16 AM
We are saying who's next but Sam is leaving so isn't that enough of a who's next. But I have a feeling something big is going to happen with someone this season. The one that would stun the most would be like Jeannie or Teyla's baby.

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM
We are saying who's next but Sam is leaving so isn't that enough of a who's next.

I think the question is not so much about who's leaving, but more about who's going to bite the dust. And Sam ain't dying... too bad.

ijffdrie
March 31st, 2008, 09:21 AM
its gonna be todd

elliecat
March 31st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Who's next?

I put my vote in for Keller. (here's hoping!) And I really think that the wraith should feed on her, that's how she goes.

I agree with most people I think they will get rid of Lorne (bad idea) coz he's popular and a good character and will cut into bimbo time so he's gotta go!

:sheppard::mckay::weir::beckett::teyla::ronan:

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Actually, Season 5 is the resurrection season. People will come back from the dead. They will also find out they are Cylons......oh crap wrong show again. :S :p

Fenrir Foxz
March 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Actually, Season 5 is the resurrection season. People will come back from the dead. They will also find out they are Cylons......oh crap wrong show again. :S :p

:lol: You really need to stop confusing shows, people will think you're a Cylon :P:P:P

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 10:02 AM
:lol: You really need to stop confusing shows, people will think you're a Cylon :P:P:P

Hey they are both great shows. :p

Fenrir Foxz
March 31st, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hey they are both great shows. :p

Yeah after doing a run through of the complete BSG series to date I've found it to be better than I originally thought the first time round :cool:

...4 Days till S4!!! :D

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 10:07 AM
We are saying who's next but Sam is leaving so isn't that enough of a who's next. But I have a feeling something big is going to happen with someone this season. The one that would stun the most would be like Jeannie or Teyla's baby.

Teyla's baby doesn't count

If you want, I can give you my "S4 tally of how many times the individual characters would have died had it not been for TPTBs total disregard for the laws of physics"

Fenrir Foxz
March 31st, 2008, 10:09 AM
Teyla's baby doesn't count

If you want, I can give you my "S4 tally of how many times the individual characters would have died had it not been for TPTBs total disregard for the laws of physics"

Hey Pajus can I check that out? it sounds interesting :cool:

Reiko
March 31st, 2008, 10:25 AM
.: I'm tired of people saying that Keller whining is like Carson whining. Because I think the difference between their whining is pretty evident. Carson was adorable when he whined, made ya wanna go hug him, and eventually he would just suck it up and get the job done. He was also more getting used to going offworld season three and 'whined' considerably less. He was also a warm, aforementioned adorable character, so he had that for him.

.: Keller is just obnoxious when she whines and her tinny voice gets on my nerves that me eardrums might burst. She's a horrible character, horribly written and poor Jewel doesn't have much to work off of. She's not adorable when she whines; instead of "I wanna go hug the poor guy" she's asking for "shut the hell up". Whining aside, she also has tons of other things going against her. :mckay:

.: Yes, that was Coup d'Etat. :) Good episode. I was listening to the commentary a few weeks back and one of the producer/PTB dudes (Gero? I dunno anymore...) was saying when the spoilers were released for the episode, it cited "Lorne's Murder". At that fans started mailing in their letters for our loved Lorne. And yet TPTB have learned nothing. Don't kill off loved characters. Lorne is loved. Don't kill him. Oh, wait; yes, you have to kill him, because he is loved. :mckay:

Since Keller is following the same screentime trend as Carson, I think it's only fitting for her to meet a nasty fate at the hands of an exploding benign mass this season. :D

.: She's probably getting more screentime based on by the number of episodes she was in, Carson was only briefly in some episodes while almost every episode with her features her heavily. I'm all for the benign mass, though I was something more bloody, violent, and painful. After she's been tortured, poked and prodded like a voodoo doll you can reduce her to a pile of charred remains. ;)

.: Yes, please, Pajus. That's what you're here for. Exciting death by physics is a wonderful way to start my day :D

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hey Pajus can I check that out? it sounds interesting :cool:

Sheppard: 4: Adrift (implosive compression), Midway, The last man (Black hole), The last man (sandstorm)
McKay: 3: Adrift (implosive compression), Spoils of War (fed on by a Wraith queen), Trio (room collapses into the abyss)
Ronon: 1: Adrift (implosive compression)
Teyla: 2: Adrift (implosive compression), The Kindred (during rescue operation)
Keller: 2: Adrift (implosive compression), Trio (free fall into the hole)
Carter: 1: Trio (free fall into the hole)
Zelenka: 1: Adrift (implosive compression)
Teyla's baby: 2(that poor kid has one reckless mother): Be all my sins remember'd, The Kindred

Reiko
March 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
.: Poor baby :( :D

.: If I may ask though - what is "implosive compression" and how does it occur in that context? :o

Fenrir Foxz
March 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Sheppard: 4: Adrift (implosive compression), Midway (suffocation), The last man (Black hole), The last man (sandstorm)
McKay: 3: Adrift (implosive compression), Spoils of War (fed on by a Wraith queen), Trio (room collapses into the abyss)
Teyla's baby: 2(that poor kid has one reckless mother): Be all my sins remember'd (killed by stunner blast), The Kindred (dies during a premature childbirth)

The implosive compession is that from when they shrunk the shield to encompass only the tower?

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Sheppard: 4: Adrift (implosive compression), Midway, The last man (Black hole), The last man (sandstorm)
Teyla's baby: 2(that poor kid has one reckless mother): Be all my sins remember'd, The Kindred

Well good thing this is a Science Fiction show, because in real life they would be dead. ;)

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 10:39 AM
.: Poor baby :( :D

.: If I may ask though - what is "implosive compression" and how does it occur in that context? :o

Here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/1/How_it_should_have_been) you go

The implosive compession is that from when they shrunk the shield to encompass only the tower?

Yep

Fenrir Foxz
March 31st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Well good thing this is a Science Fiction show, because in real life they would be dead. ;)

Yup that is how I see it ;) :P

Here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/1/How_it_should_have_been) you go

Yep

Reiko
March 31st, 2008, 10:51 AM
.: Oh my gosh, Pajus - chapter two was so beautifully tragic! :(

.: Are you going to writer one for "Trio"? :D I want to see Keller die in great detail :P

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM
.: Oh my gosh, Pajus - chapter two was so beautifully tragic! :(

People keep saying that. It was only physics with my OTP in the middle

.: Are you going to writer one for "Trio"? :D I want to see Keller die in great detail :P

Overgrown sissy-toy and Whining baby are beneath my contempt, but I could take it as a challenge...

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 01:09 PM

Indeed. A science fiction show with all of that alien technology to make sure that that catastrophe doesn't happen. ;)

And if I may ask, what exactly happened in Kindred that would've hurt the baby? All I remember is Teyla standing, walking, and talking in a cell, and then lying down on a bed.

Killdeer
March 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
And if I may ask, what exactly happened in Kindred that would've hurt the baby? All I remember is Teyla standing, walking, and talking in a cell, and then lying down on a bed.

:lol: Yes, it was very exciting. [/sarcasm] Umm, there was the injection that Michael gave - that could have hurt the baby.

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM
I doubt it. Michael wanted the baby alive.

The TARDIS
March 31st, 2008, 03:29 PM
It doesn't make sense to me Lorne, Zalenka, or Chuck get ousted. SG-1 didn't get rid of Reynolds, Doc Lee or Walter.

As much as I disagree with everything else you said there... this part needs to be repeated. They won't nix Chuck/Zelenka/Lorne unless it's for a really, really, really good reason. Their deaths won't cause an upspike in viewers, it won't shake up the cast or the show any, etc. There is no logical reason to get rid of these supporting characters unless it serves a very important plot point, more so then even Grodin's death (as he was only around for 1 season, and the others will have been around by 4/5 seasons in season 5).

I don't think any major character will be nixed this season... however, that Egyptian marine there... yeah, only non-American/EU marine? Dead... so dead :P

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 03:57 PM
They won't nix Chuck/Zelenka/Lorne unless it's for a really, really, really good reason. Their deaths won't cause an upspike in viewers, it won't shake up the cast or the show any, etc. There is no logical reason to get rid of these supporting characters unless it serves a very important plot point, more so then even Grodin's death (as he was only around for 1 season, and the others will have been around by 4/5 seasons in season 5).

All the more reason to kill them... it works for them and against them at the same time.

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 04:00 PM
Indeed. A science fiction show with all of that alien technology to make sure that that catastrophe doesn't happen. ;)

I love this show because it is Science Fiction but it's not real depth tecno babble science fiction. Um does that make sense? It's basically a simple solution and that's that. I think the show's characters, drama, comic relief, action, suspense, and adventure are what makes this show and SG-1 great.

It's a SCI FI show, I watch to escape the real world, I don't care what applies to real life or not. That is my opinion of course. Some folks like the show to be very realistic. Well there are limits to everything, and too real would make the show non-SCI FI.

Reiko
March 31st, 2008, 04:18 PM
They won't nix Chuck/Zelenka/Lorne unless it's for a really, really, really good reason. Their deaths won't cause an upspike in viewers, it won't shake up the cast or the show any, etc.

.: *cough*Carson*cough*Elizabeth*cough*Kate*cough*

.: TPTB never learn. Besides, they seem to like killing people just for the sake of killing them.

The TARDIS
March 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM
.: *cough*Carson*cough*Elizabeth*cough*Kate*cough*

Er...Carson and Elizabeth were main characters, and were knocked off to shake things up/executive meddling. As for Kate... umm... they wanted to stop the Teyla/Kate femslash fics before they moved beyond FH?:P

Honestly, I think they ran out of story ideas that would fit Kate in... SG-1 didn't use psychiatrists that often, and maybe TPTB felt Atlantis didn't need one either. So instead of having Kate just disappear/be Jonas'd, they decided giving her a death and some kind of death would be better... just my reasoning. I could be dead wrong through

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 04:31 PM
As for Kate... umm... they wanted to stop the Teyla/Kate femslash fics before they moved beyond FH?:P

:lol: If I can green you... Otherwise, GREEN!! :p

Reiko
March 31st, 2008, 04:31 PM
Er...Carson and Elizabeth were main characters, and were knocked off to shake things up/executive meddling.

.: Both crappy reasons IMO ;)

Honestly, I think they ran out of story ideas that would fit Kate in...

.: They run out of story ideas a lot these days. Well, come on, come up with some :mckay:

.: LOL @ FH ;)

The TARDIS
March 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM
:lol: If I can green you... Otherwise, GREEN!! :p

Well c'mon! Everything involving Kate has to involve you as well in one way or another does it not? :D

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Well c'mon! Everything involving Kate has to involve you as well in one way or another does it not? :D

How else will Jelgate's 4th law come to pass if it doesn't? :p

jelgate
March 31st, 2008, 05:04 PM
How else will Jelgate's 4th law come to pass if it doesn't? :p

And I thought you forgot. I'm telling you, I fear Atlantis Marine #3 is going to die this season.

Falcon Horus
March 31st, 2008, 05:09 PM
And I thought you forgot.

Never.

Cory Holmes
March 31st, 2008, 05:29 PM
Personally, I'd like for the new Captain Vega to be introduced and developed soley for the purpose of killing her off at the end of the season.

Ice Wolf
March 31st, 2008, 05:43 PM
Personally, I'd like for the new Captain Vega to be introduced and developed soley for the purpose of killing her off at the end of the season.

She's female so it's likely, the current PTB seem to like killing the female characters, literally (Heightmeyer, Weir) or figuratively (Carter).

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Carter's leaving because Tapping wanted to.

Ice Wolf
March 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM

I meant how they wrote her character :rolleyes:

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 05:59 PM
No need for the rolling of eyes, thank you very much. Maybe you should've made it clearer, or don't put her with those that has been taken off the show.

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 06:03 PM
She's female so it's likely, the current PTB seem to like killing the female characters, literally (Heightmeyer, Weir) or figuratively (Carter).

Um and last time I checked Weir looked pretty much alive to me.

Ice Wolf
March 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Um and last time I checked Weir looked pretty much alive to me.

Yeah but depending on the producer you ask aparently she (Original Weir) is dead and GITM looks like it will kind of finish the job.

Briangate78
March 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah but depending on the producer you ask aparently she (Original Weir) is dead and GITM looks like it will kind of finish the job.

Which I still stand by what I said. If the actress said yes, I think it would of left her character open for a very interesting story arc. Season 6 looks promising because of the recent numbers, so who knows, they could of brought Weir back for S6 for some recurring eps.

BTW, if Weir Ascended, like it seems to be the direction, that is not death, far from it.

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
:lol: Yes, it was very exciting. [/sarcasm] Umm, there was the injection that Michael gave - that could have hurt the baby.

That's not it...

I doubt it. Michael wanted the baby alive.

C'mon, PG15! This is easy! You can do it! You can find the thing that would give Darth Tagaan the kill-off

Message to Reiko: Okay, I'll write Trio, but it will take time. Until then, you'll have to survive, imagining implosive compression affecting Keller in Adrift

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 07:31 PM
No, it's not easy! Is it at least physical trauma? Or perhaps you're wrong and there isn't such a situation? ;)

Pajus
March 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
No, it's not easy! Is it at least physical trauma? Or perhaps you're wrong and there isn't such a situation? ;)

Yes, it is a physical trauma. Little hint: Rewatch S2 ep. Duet

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 11:04 PM
Oh, you mean the part where she's "beamed up" by the dart?

I don't see the problem with that. The Wraith would not want to mess up their food and kill it; the dart in Duet was damaged, that's all. No wonder I never understood your problem with this. There were none.

And please, stop playing games. Just spell it out and end it. Geez.

And for that matter, BAMSR doesn't really count either. We don't know what effects stunners (I'm assuming you were talking about that) have on babies, so you can't judge either way.

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Oh, you mean the part where she's "beamed up" by the dart?

I don't see the problem with that. The Wraith would not want to mess up their food and kill it; the dart in Duet was damaged, that's all. No wonder I never understood your problem with this. There were none.

And please, stop playing games. Just spell it out and end it. Geez.

And you keep telling me that I have no imagination... C'mon, you're better than this!
We both know that the transport beam gives the victim a stunning jolt. The body of a 7 months pregnant woman has a very special way of reacting to such traumas: It triggers a premature childbirth. Even with immediate and top-notch medical care, the kid would have a hard time surviving (first hand experience). With the mommy being stunned (eg unable to yell for help + her body would lose the ability to properly control the process of childbirth) and without a doctor, who has experience with such things... no way for that little guy to survive

And for that matter, BAMSR doesn't really count either. We don't know what effects stunners (I'm assuming you were talking about that) have on babies, so you can't judge either way.

We both know that stunners cause convulsions, paralysis and pain to the victim (by observing those, who have been hit in the past)... This means that whatever energy is being used, it has to spread through the body and cause a neural congestion (to a full-grown adult) - and I know exactly, how much energy is needed to do so. I took the liberty of taking the firing angles of the Wraith shooting up the jumper. Teyla was hit twice in that scene: The first hit went into her right shoulder. The child might have been harmed, but I doubt it would have a lasting effect. The second hit went into Teyla's lower stomach. No matter how the energy spreads through Teyla's body, it would have to go right through the kid. With that kind of energy, the term 'deep fried' was a very accurate description of what happened to the neural pathways forcing the kid's heart into beating...

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 02:20 AM
Something to whet Reiko's appetite

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w273/pajus_photos/Replicator%20Skydiver/CarterKeller.jpg

John's PuddleJumper
April 1st, 2008, 07:38 AM
.: I think, sadly it's gonna be Lorne if anybody. He lacks the "assets" if you know what I mean. With the new arrival of the Vega Chick, he might get the axe. Yes, I know it's been said she won't take his screentime, but what if theres no screentime to steal? :(

Not Lorne- take it back, if that happens my little inspiration to watch will have been killed!:mad::mad::mad:

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Not Lorne- take it back, if that happens my little inspiration to watch will have been killed!:mad::mad::mad:

In that case, welcome to my club.

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Lorne will be safe.

John's PuddleJumper
April 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
cheers, i'm a member of the Major Lorne/Kavan Smith thunk thread. They will also be upset if lorne gets killed.

Come and join us!:)

How does Briangate78 know?????

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 07:54 AM
cheers, i'm a member of the Major Lorne/Kavan Smith thunk thread. They will also be upset if lorne gets killed.

He traveled into the future. Their is really no reason to kill off Lorne.

John's PuddleJumper
April 1st, 2008, 07:59 AM
TPTB don't need a reason- wat was the reason for killin carson beckett???

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM

what is shock value & ratings

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 08:15 AM

what is shock value & ratings

Which worked. "Kindred" pulled in a lot more viewers than "Sunday".

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 08:17 AM
Which worked. "Kindred" pulled in a lot more viewers than "Sunday".

That statement is a little questionable:S

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM

I knew a lot of things before they happened. :p I knew....

1.) There would be a Season 5
2.) Carson would be back for a recurring role in Season 5
3.) The Ratings would go back up
4.) Carter would step down in Season 5

Ok maybe they were just guesses! :D

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM
That statement is a little questionable:S

Yes it is.

Lythisrose
April 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
I know a lot of things before they happened. :p I knew....

1.) There would be a Season 5
2.) Carson would be back for a recurring role in Season 5
3.) The Ratings would go back up
4.) Carter would step down in Season 5

Can I take you to the racetrack with me? Or at least have you pick my lottery numbers? :mckay: :S

John's PuddleJumper
April 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
both for their own reasons

sunday- it was nice to c people enjoying their normal hoobies
kindred- g8 to have carson back!!!!! shouldn't have gone in the 1st place

John's PuddleJumper
April 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Can I take you to the racetrack with me? Or at least have you pick my lottery numbers? :mckay: :S

yea lottery numbers please!

Reiko
April 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Something to whet Reiko's appetite

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w273/pajus_photos/Replicator%20Skydiver/CarterKeller.jpg

.: Spiffy! Physics is interesting all the sudden :P My teachers would be proud

Lorne will be safe.

.: You seem awful sure about that ... :S

.: Shock value, ratings, "shake things up" ... younger, hotter women ... :rolleyes:

.: I agree with ya, though.

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
both for their own reasons

sunday- it was nice to c people enjoying their normal hoobies
kindred- g8 to have carson back!!!!! shouldn't have gone in the 1st place

Since this topic is about character deaths. I think killing off Carson was the worst decision by TPTB. I mean the worst decision of all of the Stargate series.

Lucius is a close 2nd! :D

The TARDIS
April 1st, 2008, 09:00 AM

You have not been on the other end of his mad TARDIS hacking skills :S

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 09:07 AM
Lorne will be safe.

Yeah... He's the only one with no entries on my tally

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
And you keep telling me that I have no imagination... C'mon, you're better than this!

No, I'm not. If anything, that's biophysics and I'm not studying that.

As far as I'm concerned, you're better off watching Discovery Channel than any (other?) type of fiction. Geez, overthink much?

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
No, I'm not. If anything, that's biophysics and I'm not studying that.

As far as I'm concerned, you're better off watching Discovery Channel than any (other?) type of fiction. Geez, overthink much?

1. I'm not getting Discovery here

2. Reality tends to overthink much. The way SGA is written turns most characters into Darwin award candidates

The scene in The Kindred, where Michael tells Teyla "You have taken good care of him. You can be proud" made me laugh. Few mothers are as bad as Teyla

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
.: Spiffy! Physics is interesting all the sudden :P My teachers would be proud

Now imagine Keller instead of Sheppard and watch The last man. When you're done, I'll explain drag, friction and the life cycle of a star to you

The TARDIS
April 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Now imagine Keller instead of Sheppard and watch The last man. When you're done, I'll explain drag, friction and the life cycle of a star to you

Pajus, it's great that you gain enjoyment from tearing apart the writer's stories based on scientific facts that can be handwaved away by the term Science FICTION... but please read my sig. Please! It really is just a show, a story... and honest to God, I'd rather have TPTB work on making an excellent story rather than working out how far the unobtanium-composed robot has to fall before he's burned up, or weather or not aliens can suck out your life-force through their hands, or burrow into your brain and take over your body. Because, to me, I was only slightly irked by the distance the replicator fell, and was more impressed by the CGI of the bugger disintegrating. But that's obviously just me, you know :S

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
2. Reality tends to overthink much.

That's nice. But last I checked SGA wasn't a reality show. It's written for entertainment first and foremost, not scientific accuracy. Do you understand this?

Do you go through all this trouble with any other show? Any other Sci-Fi show?

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Guys, do we really have to go and tell people they can stuff their brain in the closet when they're watching SGA... Please, if you want to turn your brain off then do so, others might like to analyze what they see... Keep the brain busy! I hear it's healthy too.

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Guys, do we really have to go and tell people they can stuff their brain in the closet when they're watching SGA... Please, if you want to turn your brain off then do so, others might like to analyze what they see... Keep the brain busy! I hear it's healthy too.

I understand what your saying but their is such a thing is overanalyzing. Televison has and never will be entirely realastic. Too much realism makes any TV show boring.

The TARDIS
April 1st, 2008, 03:57 PM
I understand what your saying but their is such a thing is overanalyzing. Televison has and never will be entirely realastic. Too much realism makes any TV show boring.

Unless it's Mythbusters of course :P

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 03:59 PM

Damn it, I like overanalyzing *glares, pouts, stomps feet on the ground, makes little fists*

... so much so that the brain gets lost... It's fun. :p

But I understand the mindless zombies that just wanna watch a show... with a cold drink and popcorn or chips in their hands, or icecream maybe. Or something alcoholic, and whatnot.

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Damn it, I like overanalyzing *glares, pouts, stomps feet on the ground, makes little fists*

... so much so that the brain gets lost... It's fun. :p

But I understand the mindless zombies that just wanna watch a show... with a cold drink and popcorn or chips in their hands, or icecream maybe. Or something alcoholic, and whatnot.

I have to say I'm a little offended. Your basically saying that people overanalyze or are mindless zombies. I must have misread you or your not the real Falcon Horus.

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM

Well, there's nothing wrong with overanalyzing character interactions, motivations, plots, etc (though like everything else, there are limits) as that's what the show is meant to do. It's suppose to showcase characters and plots, not scientific accuracy.

I mean, putting so much effort into proving that there are occasional scientific errors within the show is basically like me complaining that, say, my breakfast toast isn't square enough, and therefore it sucks. What's the point?

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM
I have to say I'm a little offended. Your basically saying that people overanalyze or are mindless zombies. I must have misread you or your not the real Falcon Horus.

Sorry, if that is the case...

But to me someone who watches a show and just wants to sit in front of his/her TV, letting the images roll on is a mindless zombie. It's someone who turns his brain off and doesn't want things to be too complicated. It is most common among Reality TV-watchers. But as I read here, it seems some SciFi viewers suffer from that same infliction.

All I want to know is what is wrong with overanalyzing things. I don't find anything wrong with mindlessly watching something... I just don't find it very productive. Besides if there can be no analyzing, what the frell are you (general) doing here on this forum?
I don't think many mindless zombies would care about spouting their analyses of an episode or a TV-show, cause they usually don't care about the why's and the how's.

And there you go... a whole new side of Falcon Horus.

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 04:31 PM
That's nice. But last I checked SGA wasn't a reality show. It's written for entertainment first and foremost, not scientific accuracy. Do you understand this?

Do you go through all this trouble with any other show? Any other Sci-Fi show?

So Ghost Plumbers is a reality show, it must mean Ghosts are real then.

Of course not. Pajus has his opinion of the show, it doesn't mean it's bad writing, that is his opinion.

Myself I have been impressed with the writing and the drama for Season 4. I did not think this show could be dark and dramatic like this. I like it.

Pajus, it's great that you gain enjoyment from tearing apart the writer's stories based on scientific facts that can be handwaved away by the term Science FICTION... but please read my sig. Please! It really is just a show, a story... and honest to God, I'd rather have TPTB work on making an excellent story rather than working out how far the unobtanium-composed robot has to fall before he's burned up, or weather or not aliens can suck out your life-force through their hands, or burrow into your brain and take over your body. Because, to me, I was only slightly irked by the distance the replicator fell, and was more impressed by the CGI of the bugger disintegrating. But that's obviously just me, you know :S

Yes, it's just a show. We all watch for different reasons. I don't give a crap if they don't apply the theory of relativity or the laws of gravity or physics. Last time I checked we don't have a ring made by aliens that transports us to different planets and galaxies. So much for reality.

Atlantis is a drama series packed with action, adventure, suspense, and comic relief with a Science Fiction flair.

The TARDIS
April 1st, 2008, 04:31 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with overanalyzing character interactions, motivations, plots, etc (though like everything else, there are limits) as that's what the show is meant to do. It's suppose to showcase characters and plots, not scientific accuracy.

I mean, putting so much effort into proving that there are occasional scientific errors within the show is basically like me complaining that, say, my breakfast toast isn't square enough, and therefore it sucks. What's the point?

BINGO!

I watch the show for the stories, the plot, the history, the interactions. Not for the science or the tech. Science, in this case, is merely a plot device, an attempt to explain why. I'm a Doctor Who fan, someone who's used to having all logical rules of science thrown out the window in return for a FANTASTIC story. Maybe some of you are approaching the story from another direction, but that's where I come from :)

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Congratulations to us all for derailing the thread... Oops! :p

...my breakfast toast isn't square enough, and therefore it sucks. What's the point?

That it has to be square. My two halfs of a sandwich have to be of equal size or I won't even think about eating it.

See, I thrive of (over)analyzing. I see things, details, flashes. Personally, if something is superficial and therefor don't needs a brain to figure it out, it's boring. Where's the challenge?

Isn't scifi supposed to be challenging? Seek new heights? New what-if's? Bend the rules but not throw them out the window... or you'll have a universe like in Home (season 1) where Rodney compares it to a petridish with a 100 dancing hamsters. Stay realistic and yet pull the lid of the box (thank you Len Wiseman for that nice image).

And also... Lorne or Zelenka are most definitely next on the chopping block. :cool:

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Isn't scifi supposed to be challenging? Seek new heights? New what-if's? Bend the rules but not throw them out the window... or you'll have a universe like in Home (season 1) where Rodney compares it to a petridish with a 100 dancing hamsters. Stay realistic and yet pull the lid of the box (thank you Len Wiseman for that nice image).

Depends on what kind of SciFi you mean. Hard SciFi fits those rules, but "soft" and "commercial" scifi like Stargate rarely do, and it has been this way since Day 1.

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Depends on what kind of SciFi you mean. Hard SciFi fits those rules, but "soft" and "commercial" scifi like Stargate rarely do, and it has been this way since Day 1.

Soft scifi?!? Commercial scifi?!? :S

I didn't even know that existed. Scifi is scifi, no matter what streaming you're following, it's still scifi. Just out of curiosity, what qualifies as hard scifi?

BTW, you have no idea how deep I'm in the gutter right now?

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Soft scifi?!? Commercial scifi?!? :S

I didn't even know that existed. Scifi is scifi, no matter what streaming you're following, it's still scifi. Just out of curiosity, what qualifies as hard scifi?

BTW, you have no idea how deep I'm in the gutter right now?

Hardcore SCI FI consists of more boobs and butts! ;)

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM

so basically Battlestar Galatica:P

Fenrir Foxz
April 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM

Or at least more adult themes/content ;)

Indeed :cool:

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM

LOL! That is soft porn in space. :p

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hehe...

No, hard SciFi is stuff like SciFi literature (I,Robot?) or 2001 or any of those movies where the SciFi concept is more focused on than character or plot. Commercial SciFi is stuff like Star Trek, Stargate, and maybe even BSG, where the characters are explored as they are put in a SciFi setting. They are meant to entertain and are made mostly for profit instead of furthering the minds of people. The SciFi-ness is just a place for stories about people.

In fact, there's a thread in GenGate where they're talking about this. Stargate is more like a space or military opera instead of real SciFi.

Jumper_One
April 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM

:indeed: :D

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks to Brian my mind remains firmly in place in the gutter.

Although PG15's pulled me out there from the depths, makes more sense ... well a little anyway.

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks to Brian my mind remains firmly in place in the gutter.

Hey at least we are having some laughs. That is all that matters. :p

The TARDIS
April 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM

LEXX!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And FH...here's a primer for ya!

TV Tropes Mohs Scale Of Sci Fi Hardness (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfSciFiHardness)

Grading Science Fiction for Realism (http://www.kheper.net/topics/scifi/grading.html)

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hey at least we are having some laughs. That is all that matters. :p

I was trying to get FH's mind into the gutter. You succeeded where I failed

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM

Yeah, I am not sure if I should be embarassed or proud! LOL!

So um what was the topic? Who's next to flash? er um sorry I meant who is next to kick the butt.......er um I mean Bucket. :D

Fenrir Foxz
April 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM

Awsome :D :cool:

LEXX!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/URL]

:eek: How could you speak of such evil! :P

Lol, looks like Brian's on a roll tonight :P

Reiko
April 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM

.: Okay - I'll be watching The Last Man tomorrow, because I am getting my third molars removed and will need lots of time to watch good SGA and mock season four this week. Makes me feel much better. I'll take FH's cut version ... don't have to stand through all the icky parts. ;)

.: Yes. To clear up on that, I'm able to suspend my disbelief and most of the time let things slide, but I like to know what would really happen too.

.: Can we get back to killing people now? :cool:

Fenrir Foxz
April 1st, 2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I am not sure if I should be embarassed or proud! LOL!

So um what was the topic? Who's next to flash? er um sorry I meant who is next to kick the butt.......er um I mean Bucket. :D

:lol:

.: Can we get back to killing people now? :cool:

LoL, Bit homicidal arn't we? :P

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/ththMURDERERRRR.gif

Falcon Horus
April 1st, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ah reading material... bookmarked and will read for I am a curious lemming...

Fenrir, that's funny! :D

Briangate78
April 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM

LOL! OMG DUDE!

jelgate
April 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM

It was me and I'd do it again

*laughs like a crazy person*

Reiko
April 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM

.: Greenie for that ^ :P

.: Meanwhile I am pondering why people think Keller would die. It's either a) positive thinking or b) they're trying to make me happy. :o

.: And I don't think it's either :P

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM

Sorry, but I can't turn my brain of for 42 minutes because TPTBs want me to and if you look at the history of mankind, you'll see that tiny details usually cause the greatest catastrophes

Have you ever wondered why I'm not posting similar comments about the previous seasons?

LEXX!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And FH...here's a primer for ya!

TV Tropes Mohs Scale Of Sci Fi Hardness (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfSciFiHardness)

Grading Science Fiction for Realism (http://www.kheper.net/topics/scifi/grading.html)

However, still retains story consistency.

Why is SGA in that column?

The point of me starting that physics/biology discussion was to prove that only Lorne, Larrin and Carson are still left alive.

.: Greenie for that ^ :P

.: Meanwhile I am pondering why people think Keller would die. It's either a) positive thinking or b) they're trying to make me happy. :o

.: And I don't think it's either :P

Whatever makes you happy PS: Writing Trio is fun... I should take more challenges from you

Okay, that's it!!! FH, I'm moving to Belgiun, I'm making you like me (I know about your preference, but... I'll find a way to overcome it), then I'll marry you and we're gonna have a bunch little antis together

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Have you ever wondered why I'm not posting similar comments about the previous seasons?

You hate this season more than the others so you'll make more effort at pulling it apart?

Why is SGA in that column?

Because it maintains story consistency. Obviously.

Pajus
April 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
You hate this season more than the others so you'll make more effort at pulling it apart?

Much to your surprise, that's not it. Sure, there were some affronts to physics in the past seasons, but not so horrible/obvious

Because it maintains story consistency. Obviously.

Story consistency usually means lack of plotholes

PG15
April 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Much to your surprise, that's not it. Sure, there were some affronts to physics in the past seasons, but not so horrible/obvious

Obvious to you, maybe. I mean come on, you had to write and run a computer program to prove the one in Outcast. That's the epitome of overanalyzation (you were literally analyzing data!). Most of the biology stuff seems deeply rooted in embryology and I'm guessing a lot of fans aren't experts in that field. Me especially. All I know is that we look like fish near the beginning.

But meh; I can think of a few "irregularities" in the earlier seasons, including some you've mentioned yourself; and as far as I'm concerned they're all about the same degree: i.e. most can be explained with a little bit of thought, while some can't.

Story consistency usually means lack of plotholes

Plotholes are outright contradictions in the plot. However, what people call "plotholes" these days are usually just pieces of missing info that can be argued either way, not outright contradictions, which, though present, are rare.

I mean, it's consistent enough that I can follow the plots with no problem. Do you have a problem following along with the story?

Besides...no show lacks plotholes.

Pajus
April 2nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Obvious to you, maybe. I mean come on, you had to write and run a computer program to prove the one in Outcast. That's the epitome of overanalyzation (you were literally analyzing data!).

The fall of the Replicator wouldn't work like that - that I knew the moment I saw that scene. I couldn't stand the bickering in the Outcast thread and pro people tend to demand numbers/proof when you don't agree with TPTBs. Calculating it myself and maintaining accuracy would be the work of a lifetime (literally). That's why I wrote The Skydiver. I presented numbers and proof and the thread is silent and peaceful since then.

Most of the biology stuff seems deeply rooted in embryology and I'm guessing a lot of fans aren't experts in that field. Me especially. All I know is that we look like fish near the beginning.

Where I come from, the basics of embryo development are taught to children in elementary school. (Plus I've got some extra intel from doctors that explained why my body has less that 30 percent endurance when compared to others)

But meh; I can think of a few "irregularities" in the earlier seasons, including some you've mentioned yourself; and as far as I'm concerned they're all about the same degree: i.e. most can be explained with a little bit of thought, while some can't.

Second that

I mean, it's consistent enough that I can follow the plots with no problem. Do you have a problem following along with the story?

I don't have a problem following the plot, but sometimes, the things that happen on SGA are soooooo stupid, that I'm left with my mouth hanging open or cursing at the one, who wrote the script.

KindlyKeller
April 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Carson's clone dies first, and then Kate and Weir are resurrected, only to die again 15 minutes later, with no mention of it by any of the other characters, who skip the funerals to stage a birthday party for Woolsey, who proceeds to sing karaoke with Keller and Lucius Lavin for 3 episodes.

Ice Wolf
April 2nd, 2008, 02:04 AM
Carson's clone dies first, and then Kate and Weir are resurrected, only to die again 15 minutes later, with no mention of it by any of the other characters, who skip the funerals to stage a birthday party for Woolsey, who proceeds to sing karaoke with Keller and Lucius Lavin for 3 episodes.
Sadly, for some reason this wouldn't suprise me if it did happen :(

John's PuddleJumper
April 2nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Sadly, for some reason this wouldn't suprise me if it did happen :(

yes -I can see this happening to- but to cheer things up!

Woolsy dies, Kate and weir are resurrected, with much mention of it by any of the other characters, who skip the funeral to stage a birthday party for Carson, who proceeds to sing karaoke with Keller and kill Lucius Lavin for 3 episodes.

:rolleyes::p:p:D hey

Pajus
April 2nd, 2008, 02:29 AM

It wouldn't surprise me at all

yes -I can see this happening to- but to cheer things up!

Woolsy dies, Kate and weir are resurrected, with much mention of it by any of the other characters, who skip the funeral to stage a birthday party for Carson, who proceeds to sing karaoke with Keller and kill Lucius Lavin for 3 episodes.

:rolleyes::p:p:D hey

HEHEHEHE

Falcon Horus
April 2nd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Okay, that's it!!! FH, I'm moving to Belgiun, I'm making you like me (I know about your preference, but... I'll find a way to overcome it), then I'll marry you and we're gonna have a bunch little antis together

*giggles*

I want what you're smoking... :p

Pajus
April 2nd, 2008, 05:04 AM
*giggles*

If you are willing to donate you body for an experiment called "Relationship with a crazy-physics-obsessed Czech guy" (and I'm not talking about Zelenka), I'm all yours

It would be a nice idea for a parody!fic

Constanza
April 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
LOL... at least he was funny! :D

My vote is for Michael...

Reiko
April 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM

.: And where we can get some of it :P

.: On a second though, maybe she's not smoking anything :D

LOL... at least he was funny! :D

.: See? See? I'm not the only one! ;)

Falcon Horus
April 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"].: On a second though, maybe she's not smoking anything :D

Which is quite possible...

I just overdosed on Kate Beckinsale as Selene ... I don't need nothing else now.

prion
April 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM

since you posted it, now the writers can't steal such a horrid plot. thank you:D

Pajus
April 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
since you posted it, now the writers can't steal such a horrid plot. thank you:D

Something tells me it's not gonna matter

Lenas
April 3rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
Back to killing people!

Zelenka and Lorne are safe, has to be.....??:S

But Keller bites the dust when Ronon finally finds out that he nearly kissed a Wraith! :ronananime16:
Yes, she is Wraith girl Ellia! (they never really checked if she was dead, did they?)
:samanime27:

And yes, killing Beckett of WAS the worst decision ever!

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 05:01 AM

Are you absolutely, positively and absolutely 100% sure?

Lenas
April 3rd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Sure, I´m not sure! It was more of an question really - belive they are safe, but maybe lorne goes when cap vega enters. (hope not, like him, would like to see more of him,he´s hot!)

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 05:24 AM
Sure, I´m not sure! It was more of an question really - belive they are safe, but maybe lorne goes when cap vega enters.

Oh... Well, in that case... Carson, Elizabeth, Kate, Peter, Ford - They all were supposed to be safe... and look how well that turned out for some of them...

....he´s hot!...

D'oh! :mckay:

I'm not sure that's going to safe his military butt... :cool:

Lenas
April 3rd, 2008, 06:03 AM
Well this thread is for speculations is it not??
If you want an answer to "who´s next" - why the need of a thread?? Ask the writers! But you know they won´t tell.....

Never said being hot would save anyone....but he is, hot.

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
Well this thread is for speculations is it not??
If you want an answer to "who´s next" - why the need of a thread?? Ask the writers! But you know they won´t tell.....

Hey ho... take it easy... no need to go all mad on me now... :o

Speculation is good... discussion to... joking around too though it seems not always received well... :S

And hot isn't a reason to be safe (which is all in the eye of the beholder anyway), except when you're a busty young chick. (not the easter-chick-kind)

Lenas
April 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hey ho... take it easy... no need to go all mad on me now... :o

Speculation is good... discussion to... joking around too though it seems not always received well... :S

And hot isn't a reason to be safe (which is all in the eye of the beholder anyway), except when you're a busty young chick. (not the easter-chick-kind)

Ok, sorry, not mad!:)
(And that´s why keller has to go - she´s not hot or busty! Sorry, just couldn´t help it!) :D

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Ok, sorry, not mad!:)

Oh, okay... I thought maybe I had to go into hiding or something...

(And that´s why keller has to go - she´s not hot or busty! Sorry, just couldn´t help it!) :D

No, she's not... Jewel is more cute than hot. But I think TPTB love her too much, otherwise they wouldn't have upgraded her to regular, which they have yet to do with either Zelenka or Lorne. So, I think it's safe to assume she'll be hanging around a while longer until they realize she's not the right choice after all, and then they will have an exploding tumor ready to do the trick... :p

Colonel Eriksen
April 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM

[
I remember reading some please that the actor who plays Lorne is in 14 episodes of season 4

But I am not sure it maybe just a rumour it a lots of episodes if it true

We can only hope

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
I remember reading some please that the actor who plays Lorne is in 14 episodes of season 4

Season 5, you mean? :o

GoSpikey
April 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
No, she's not... Jewel is more cute than hot. But I think TPTB love her too much, otherwise they wouldn't have upgraded her to regular, which they have yet to do with either Zelenka or Lorne. So, I think it's safe to assume she'll be hanging around a while longer until they realize she's not the right choice after all, and then they will have an exploding tumor ready to do the trick... :p

BOOM!

Sorry. :o Couldn't help myself. :P

Falcon Horus
April 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
BOOM!

:lol: ... I was thinking it.

Briangate78
April 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Major Spoilers for Season 5......

Please use caution.

Keller in a freak microwave popcorn incident explodes and is killed in episode 517 called "Monday".

Pajus
April 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM

Please use caution.

Keller in a freak microwave popcorn incident explodes and is killed in episode 517 called "Monday".

I've got a better idea:

All-eating grumpy man finds out about Whining baby and Max Payne (ep. Quarantine) and gets jealous. He takes a microwave, closes its doors, takes a cleaver, cuts a big hole in the doors, finds Whining baby, sets the microwave to maximum, aims the hole at his "beloved" and activates the microwave.

Physics suck when I'm involved

Arica12
April 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM

Please use caution.

Is it a mark of how bad things have gotten that I'm actually thinking that sounds like a good idea?
:S

Briangate78
April 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Is it a mark of how bad things have gotten that I'm actually thinking that sounds like a good idea?
:S

Bad? This has been one of the best seasons of Atlantis, imo. I was just making a joke that this show is that good, they would not do that. Just getting a few laughs. I read people's comments about how bad this past season was. I just don't understand where they are coming from. Sure, I respect their opinions, but It doesn't mean I agree with them.

Reiko
April 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
BOOM!

.: Benign masses FTW ;)

Constanza
April 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM

Please use caution.

:jack_new_anime06: Poor Keller!
Come on! Someone has to take care of the crew while they find the way to bring Beckett back, and since she is the head Doctor, I imagine they need her around to do that. Let's give her some time... (although I disagree having her as a regular, she does not deserve that just yet).

Reiko
April 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Let's give her some time...

.: Time's up IMO ... though maybe she should have a little more time for tptb to continue their festive tradition of killing the CMO ... ;)

Pajus
April 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Bad? This has been one of the best seasons of Atlantis, imo. I was just making a joke that this show is that good, they would not do that. Just getting a few laughs. I read people's comments about how bad this past season was. I just don't understand where they are coming from. Sure, I respect their opinions, but It doesn't mean I agree with them.

You're asking where we come from? Here (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101006065675843471498.0004482b05dde993cbee4&ll=-31.353637,44.296875&spn=166.550537,360&z=1) you go

Fenrir Foxz
April 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
You're asking where we come from? Here (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101006065675843471498.0004482b05dde993cbee4&ll=-31.353637,44.296875&spn=166.550537,360&z=1) you go

:lol: So you do have a sense of humor then Pajus :D

jelgate
April 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM

:lol: If the antis are in Michigan, call me up.;)

Pajus
April 3rd, 2008, 09:37 PM

What sense of humour? This is authentic intel

Fenrir Foxz
April 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
What sense of humour? This is authentic intel

I know and I'm sure you understood what Brian ment by:

I just don't understand where they are coming from. Sure, I respect their opinions, but It doesn't mean I agree with them.

...which made your post of 'Anti Time Zones' / locations an amusing response :D

PG15
April 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Missile targets acquired.

Begin launching sequence...

Hey! Cool! Reiko and I live within only about 150 miles from each other! :D

So many times have I visited Seattle. I think me and my family got lost there once, or thrice. ;)

Lenas
April 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Falcon Horus;8002381]Oh, okay... I thought maybe I had to go into hiding or something

Oh, your mean......I like it!;)
*Sings* Sunday, Sunday.....

Integrabyte
April 4th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Sheppard. His GEL supply will run out due to the absurd price they are asking for petrol and diesel. TPTB will have no other choice....the'll have to let him go.

Falcon Horus
April 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Oh, your mean......I like it!;)
*Sings* Sunday, Sunday.....

Bloody Sunday... :p

Lenas
April 4th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Bloody Sunday... :p

*giggles*
So, noticed you like Heightmeyer.....that´s an understatement;)

Liked her to! But of course she was killed off when you know who got more screentime - and the way she died, in her sleep:(

But I really hated they way a certain doctor just said "she´s dead"!!
Some sympathy please!

Falcon Horus
April 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM
So, noticed you like Heightmeyer.....that´s an understatement;)

Mmm... a little... Okay, a lot... :p

But I really hated they way a certain doctor just said "she´s dead"!!
Some sympathy please!

I cringed. Poor Teyla...

Constanza
April 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Sheppard. His GEL supply will run out due to the absurd price they are asking for petrol and diesel. TPTB will have no other choice....the'll have to let him go.

Hahahahahaha, OMG, we can’t let that happen!

We’ll have to start thinking on alternatives here… let’s see, I know you can use lemon instead of gel (that’ll do the trick); but wait! That means McKay can’t be near Sheppard anymore… :mckay09:

Falcon Horus
April 4th, 2008, 06:53 AM
That means McKay can’t be near Sheppard anymore… :mckay09:

He'll wear a hazmat suit. He'll be alright.

Briangate78
April 4th, 2008, 07:11 AM

I know and I'm sure you understood what Brian ment by:

...which made your post of 'Anti Time Zones' / locations an amusing response :D

I was not joking either. Seriously, I like a lot of people here who are "Anti" but I just don't get why they hate the show so much. That is just how I feel. Nothing personal or anything.

Klenotka
April 4th, 2008, 07:16 AM

We Europeans really think different in this one, don´t we? ;)

I am afraid that with the new team, with all those chicks, Lorne might be the one :( I hope not. And they can only dare to touch Zelenka. :S

I noticed Teyla has enough points, too. I think Teyla is the one who stays until the very last moment of SGA. I almost can see her, in some shipwreck, watching Atlantis to sink under the water and saying "Where are my people?" or "This is wrong!" or, my favorite, "I am sensing something!" :D

But honestly, they really shouldn´t kill anyone and just work with the characters. To kill someone off to avoid a development is just coward way how to avoid solution of that problem.

Falcon Horus
April 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM
"Where are my people?"

*blub*

"This is wrong!"

Well, yeah... Atlantis doesn't sink all on its own. Somebody made it go boom.

"I am sensing something!"

Could it be the end?

Fenrir Foxz
April 4th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I was not joking either. Seriously, I like a lot of people here who are "Anti" but I just don't get why they hate the show so much. That is just how I feel. Nothing personal or anything.

Yeah I understand what you mean... I suppose it's all down to different points of view :)

GoSpikey
April 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah I understand what you mean... I suppose it's all down to different points of view :)

I'm not anti. I like what I've seen of season four (Wraith lover) so... :D

I have little to complain about. The only thing I could think of, were they to cancel it after season 5, is that they didn't do much... Dunno why it feels that way... It's so different from SG-1, then? But it'll change in 5 when new people start showing their heads.

Fenrir, I thought I congratulated you on 9,999 yesterday? And now you're almost at 300 more? :eek:

^ Spammer.

:P :P :P

Briangate78
April 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM

I have little to complain about. The only thing I could think of, were they to cancel it after season 5, is that they didn't do much... Dunno why it feels that way... It's so different from SG-1, then? But it'll change in 5 when new people start showing their heads.

Fenrir, I thought I congratulated you on 9,999 yesterday? And now you're almost at 300 more? :eek:

^ Spammer.

See, what I like about the Wraith is that they evolved and have become more complexed. When you look at Todd and Michael. Now I think it is time for a new enemy, something totally different. But, at the same time keep the Wraith still a threat.

Fenrir Foxz
April 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM

I have little to complain about with S4 and all the more to look forward to with S5 :D

^ Spammer.

Spammer? It is not through the power of spamming that my post count has risen :D:D:D :cool:

...And the FoXz does not spam! :P

jelgate
April 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I have little to complain about with S4 and all the more to look forward to with S5 :D

We all have different standards of what we think makes a good show. As much as I liked S4, it went in new direction with character and storyline. Making such a dramatic change is bound to makes some people displeased. I have high hopes for S5. Lets hope they are met.

Spammer? It is not through the power of spamming that my post count has risen :D:D:D :cool:

...And the FoXz does not spam! :P

Trust not the FoXz for he is built on lies and misdeeds.

Fenrir Foxz
April 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
We all have different standards of what we think makes a good show. As much as I liked S4, it went in new direction with character and storyline. Making such a dramatic change is bound to makes some people displeased. I have high hopes for S5. Lets hope they are met.

Indeed, there was alot of change with season 4... I really liked the dark feel to this past season and I'm hoping season 5 will be a continuation of that :cool:

Trust not the FoXz for he is built on lies and misdeeds.

That's amusing coming from a false god! :P

...BSG S4 is on in less than 9 hours :cool: and I'm soo excited I havent't slept :P

"Heed not the words of the jelgate for his sole purpose is to lead you away from the path... Athia of Veiraga listened to the jelgate and fell into darkness, she pleaded to be shown the light but the jelgate found amusement in the torment of her lost soul and so did nothing to help... thus is the way of the jelgate" :P

Reiko
April 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Hey! Cool! Reiko and I live within only about 150 miles from each other! :D

So many times have I visited Seattle. I think me and my family got lost there once, or thrice. ;)

.: Should I be afraid? :P

.: It can be easy to get lost in Seattle, especially with all the Starbucks ... one on every corner :D