PDA

View Full Version : Will Tapping be in the 100th episode?

atfan
March 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Many are speculating that she will appear in the 100th episode. Do you think she will or won't? Give reasons TPTB have remained silent on the subject only saying the episode will not be a spoof or joke like the SG-1 was so it is possible she will appear.:sam::sam:

GoSpikey
March 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Many are speculating that she will appear in the 100th episode. Do you think she will or won't? Give reasons TPTB have remained silent on the subject only saying the episode will not be a spoof or joke like the SG-1 was so it is possible she will appear.:sam::sam:

Wow, er, that's difficult to say right now.

She's got S&R, and after that she's only scheduled back for one ep in the back half so far, and to have her appear in it would need to be logical, so she'd have to be in 6x01 too. I hope she comes to Atlantis with the Phoenix in the back half of the season. And I also think the Phoenix should remain on Atlantis from now on. They're 18 days removed from Earth, and they don't even have a ship there? How stupid is that?

So she can come to Atlantis with the Phoenix, as far as I'm concerned. And stay indefinitely. ;)

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
wow I have no idea but I sure hope she will!

prion
March 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM

well, as long as it's not enough lame spoof...

Agent_Dark
March 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
well, as long as it's not enough lame spoof...

imo they should do an hour long machinima using stargate worlds, voiced by the actors.

helenmagnus23
March 25th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I'd love to see Amanda in 100 th eps:sam: that would rock

Joe Hodkiss
March 25th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Wow, er, that's difficult to say right now.

She's got S&R, and after that she's only scheduled back for one ep in the back half so far, and to have her appear in it would need to be logical, so she'd have to be in 6x01 too. I hope she comes to Atlantis with the Phoenix in the back half of the season.

I think there's a reasonably good chance she will be. I also think there’s a chance we may see her in more than one episode in the back half of the season, or at least there's that possibility as I believe Sanctuary (with a thirteen episode season) will wrap production before Atlantis does.

And I also think the Phoenix should remain on Atlantis from now on. They're 18 days removed from Earth, and they don't even have a ship there? How stupid is that?

From what we've seen it stands to reason that that time is probably shorter now that both Daedalus and Apollo are assigned to Atlantis.

silly sally
March 25th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I'm all for it if it's a serious, not a spoof episode :)

hazzano12
March 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I hope she will be!!!

I'm all for it if it's a serious, not a spoof episode :)
I agree. i didn't like the Stargate SG-1 100th episode

aquagirl
March 25th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I would really like to see Sam in the 100th episode of SGA. That would be fun.:)

Skydiver
March 25th, 2008, 04:19 AM
i beleive the concern of another spoof has been raised on joe's blog and he's said that 100 will not be in the vein of wormhole extreme or 200

silly sally
March 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
i beleive the concern of another spoof has been raised on joe's blog and he's said that 100 will not be in the vein of wormhole extreme or 200

Well, he also said that Sam will be a full-bird for both movies and Sam and Cam are like siblings /sarcasm

Dr Lee
March 25th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I'm expecting a few of the SG-1 characters to appear in the SGA 100th episode.

EH-T
March 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken the 100th episode will be the season ender. If that is correct then Amanda should be available since Santuary will be done shooting. Joe has said on his blog that Amanda will be in more episodes if her schedule permits. Taking that all together, that should be a yes.

I also believe :sam: should appear in the 100th episode. She has made guest appearances in each of seasons 1-3, was an important part of season 4 and will be guesting in season 5 so she should be in episode 100.

Jumper_One
March 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken the 100th episode will be the season ender.

that's correct

If that is correct then Amanda should be available since Santuary will be done shooting.

yup

Joe has said on his blog that Amanda will be in more episodes if her schedule permits. Taking that all together, that should be a yes.

Masterchief writes: “ I read an article about Amanda Tapping’s involvement in season 5. remember a few weeks ago when I asked you about her? you said she’ll definitely be back. according to this interview she “returns to Atlantis to film at least part of the end of season 5?. “

Answer: Carter will be in Search and Rescue and is definitely slated for an episode in the back half. Any further appearances will be wholly dependent on Amanda’s schedule.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/march-20-2008-destructo-in-the-drivers-seat-bloopers-in-peril/

we can definitely expect to see her in one ep in the back half. Joe said they still got three remaining slots, maybe she'll be available for another ep. let's hope so :)

I also believe :sam: should appear in the 100th episode. She has made guest appearances in each of seasons 1-3, was an important part of season 4 and will be guesting in season 5 so she should be in episode 100.

:indeed:

JakeGreen
March 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Jack, Daniel, Carter, Teal'C should show up. The original SG-1 side by side with Atlantis. Best finale ever

travis
March 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I really hope not.

jelgate
March 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Jack, Daniel, Carter, Teal'C should show up. The original SG-1 side by side with Atlantis. Best finale ever

From a financial point of view, that would take a good portion of their budget.

JakeGreen
March 26th, 2008, 04:48 AM
From a financial point of view, that would take a good portion of their budget.

Not if its an on base episode. Jack & Woolsey can share stories & see whos better at commanding a base. Teal'C & Ronon can have a rematch with John & the rest of the soliders & scientists watching & betting on them again. Rodney & Carter & can find out who is the smartest once & for all

Dr Lee
March 26th, 2008, 04:53 AM
It also depends on wether they can get a bigger budget for this episode...

prion
March 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM

They couldn't afford it. And if they get a bigger budget, heck, get McGillion back for more episodes instead ;) Or Higginson..

Dr Lee
March 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Higginson is gone. I can't see her reappearing in any form apart from if the show flashbacks from S1-3.

Beckett? hell yeah, get him back

jasminaGo
March 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Weir will very likely be erased from memory, like it happened with Jonas on SG1.

Dr Lee
March 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure that they'll be erasing Wier like they did with Ford or Jonas but they will probably ignore the Higginson-Wier

Jumper_One
March 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
It also depends on wether they can get a bigger budget for this episode...

what do you mean? every ep costs around 2 million. we'll probably see another (or more) cheap eps like Quarantine, Trio

I'm not sure that they'll be erasing Wier like they did with Ford or Jonas but they will probably ignore the Higginson-Wier

they pretty much have to since TH won't appear in s5

GoSpikey
March 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
they pretty much have to since TH won't appear in s5

Konrad9
March 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Not if its an on base episode. Jack & Woolsey can share stories & see whos better at commanding a base. Teal'C & Ronon can have a rematch with John & the rest of the soliders & scientists watching & betting on them again. Rodney & Carter & can find out who is the smartest once & for all

You think SG1 was canceled because of ratings?
Keeping the same x amount of actors on a show for 10 straight years gets extremely expensive...
RDA, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, and Michael Shanks (not saying BB and Claudia Black shouldn't show up but...) would take up a substantial amount of the budget.

I'd love to see the SG1 crew, but I doubt it would be that episode.

prion
March 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
You think SG1 was canceled because of ratings?
Keeping the same x amount of actors on a show for 10 straight years gets extremely expensive...
RDA, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, and Michael Shanks (not saying BB and Claudia Black shouldn't show up but...) would take up a substantial amount of the budget.

I'd love to see the SG1 crew, but I doubt it would be that episode.

You know, this IS Stargate ATLANTIS, not SG1. SG1 had a decade, now two movies. Putting SG1 characters into SGA's 100th episode makes no sense. SG1 had a 100th episode and more. Let SGA have its own show and let the SG1 characters (and actors) move on. I'd suggest the writers also stop falling back on the safety net of shoving SG1 characters on the series as well.

The cost would be far too high and woudl no doubt cause the writers to pen a crappy flashback episode or two because they coudln't afford to make a real epsiode.

Oh, but if they have to schedule the 100th episode around Tapping, then I say nix her appearance. We saw how well working around RDA's tight schedule did with SG1... :S

jasminaGo
March 28th, 2008, 01:45 AM
You know, this IS Stargate ATLANTIS, not SG1. SG1 had a decade, now two movies. Putting SG1 characters into SGA's 100th episode makes no sense. SG1 had a 100th episode and more. Let SGA have its own show and let the SG1 characters (and actors) move on. I'd suggest the writers also stop falling back on the safety net of shoving SG1 characters on the series as well.

The cost would be far too high and woudl no doubt cause the writers to pen a crappy flashback episode or two because they coudln't afford to make a real epsiode.

Oh, but if they have to schedule the 100th episode around Tapping, then I say nix her appearance. We saw how well working around RDA's tight schedule did with SG1... :S

Lot of people stoped watching Atlantis after the cast changes in S4. With SG1's characters TPTB made up for that by bringing new viewers, and were able to keep the ratings and go into a new season. It's business, what ever brings viewers, brings money, and they will do it.

Tapping will return to shot Atlantis after she's done with Sanctuary, so I'm guessing that won't be a big problem.

prion
March 28th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Lot of people stoped watching Atlantis after the cast changes in S4. With SG1's characters TPTB made up for that by bringing new viewers, and were able to keep the ratings and go into a new season. It's business, what ever brings viewers, brings money, and they will do it.

Tapping will return to shot Atlantis after she's done with Sanctuary, so I'm guessing that won't be a big problem.

The cast changes were pretty moronic. Killing characters to boost ratings doesn't work. It just alienates viewers, unless you're watching "24" where it's standard to kill someone practically every episode.

As for bringing back Carter? They'd kick Woolsey off the show to bring Carter back? That would be, well, rather tacky. But shooting a show around one actor who isn't even a regular anymore isn't good business, unless of course, you got a real name. Hmm, you know, speaking of names, I'd rather they get Goran Visjnic from ER but I guess they can't afford him :(

I'd rather the 100th episode be about Sheppard's team. And no comedic junk, no replicators, no Ori, no gou'ald, nothing from SG1.

jasminaGo
March 28th, 2008, 03:54 AM
The cast changes were pretty moronic. Killing characters to boost ratings doesn't work. It just alienates viewers, unless you're watching "24" where it's standard to kill someone practically every episode.

As for bringing back Carter? They'd kick Woolsey off the show to bring Carter back? That would be, well, rather tacky. But shooting a show around one actor who isn't even a regular anymore isn't good business, unless of course, you got a real name. Hmm, you know, speaking of names, I'd rather they get Goran Visjnic from ER but I guess they can't afford him :(

I'd rather the 100th episode be about Sheppard's team. And no comedic junk, no replicators, no Ori, no gou'ald, nothing from SG1.

No one said anything about kicking Woolsey out. Carter will be back for one ep at the end of the season as a guest star. It's still not confirmed if it's going to be the 100th episode or an ep before that.

What we know so far is that it won't be comedy. There probably won't be Ori or Goa'uld, but there might be replicators if they don't finish that arc sooner in the season.

Chelle DB
March 28th, 2008, 04:06 AM
As much as I would love to see Amanda in the 100th episode of Atlantis, if I were a betting woman, I'd say no...she won't be...but I really do like to be proven wrong on matters like this...so...who knows!!

prion
March 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
No one said anything about kicking Woolsey out. Carter will be back for one ep at the end of the season as a guest star. It's still not confirmed if it's going to be the 100th episode or an ep before that.

What we know so far is that it won't be comedy. There probably won't be Ori or Goa'uld, but there might be replicators if they don't finish that arc sooner in the season.

I was reading the line "Tapping will return to shot Atlantis after she's done with Sanctuary," which I suppose, can imply either way. And is Sanctuary's shooting schedule up?

I would hope it's not replicators. They're done to death, unfortunately. One would hope they could get rid of the replicator stuff once and for all and instead concentrate on Wraith. The replicators are pretty black & white, don't negotiate, etc. while wraith are living beings who can have twisted little agendas of their own ;)

Mitchell82
March 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I hope she will be!!!
Same here that would be sweet!

I agree. i didn't like the Stargate SG-1 100th episode
I liked both the 100th and 200th but JM has confirmed it won't be like that.

FN-P90
March 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I would hope it's not replicators. They're done to death, unfortunately. One would hope they could get rid of the replicator stuff once and for all and instead concentrate on Wraith. The replicators are pretty black & white, don't negotiate, etc. while wraith are living beings who can have twisted little agendas of their own

Perasonly i like the Replicators the fact that they dont negotiate and arnt alive makes them a little bit more terrifying.

prion
March 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Perasonly i like the Replicators the fact that they dont negotiate and arnt alive makes them a little bit more terrifying.

Hmm, but they're sorta like intergalactic cockroaches. Not much personality ;)

Jumper_One
March 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM

LOL true but I wouldn't mind another RepliCarter :D

FN-P90
March 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM

The thing about cockroaches is that you can never get rid of them.;)

atfan
April 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM

Carter is now part of Atlantis so it would be good to include her. Woolsey should be staying Carter chose to leave because she wasn't willing to put SGA filming ahead of Sanctuary which the new contract would have required her to do. Umm they did that with RDA so it does happen and there is nothing to say the 100th episode has to be shot in order they could film it at the end instead.

Yeah it would be cool she was a cool character evil Carter is so scary I am glad she is on our side.

Jumper_One
April 4th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Carter is now part of Atlantis so it would be good to include her. Woolsey should be staying Carter chose to leave because she wasn't willing to put SGA filming ahead of Sanctuary which the new contract would have required her to do. Umm they did that with RDA so it does happen and there is nothing to say the 100th episode has to be shot in order they could film it at the end instead.

yup well said :) let's not forget our achievements in s4: we found a new ally, made sort of an alliance with the Wraith, got Carson back, defeated the Asurans, rescued the Asurans etc. all of this happened while Sam was base commander, she should not be forgotten. also her being in the 100th ep would be the perfect way to bring her back for some eps in s5 imo

Yeah it would be cool she was a cool character evil Carter is so scary I am glad she is on our side.

yup I wouldn't wanna have an enemy like RepliCarter ;)

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Don't forget RepliKeller.;)

Jumper_One
April 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Don't forget RepliKeller.;)

true but I'd rather have RepliCarter :rolleyes: :D

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
true but I'd rather have RepliCarter :rolleyes: :D

Two sexy women are better than one though.;)

Jumper_One
April 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Two sexy women are better than one though.;)

true :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Sam/SGA.jpg

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
true :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Sam/SGA.jpg

Damn you now I need a new keyboard mine is soaked with drool now.;)

Dr Lee
April 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Thank god it's drool;)

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thank god it's drool;)

:lol: *shoots Dr Lee*;)

Jumper_One
April 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Thank god it's drool;)

:eek:
:lol:

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Really OT here but I just rewatched what I consider one of AT and Sam's best scenes. Her final scene with her father in Secrets. I really hope she is in the 100th.

Dr Lee
April 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
*Ducks* Missed! *stick tongue out*

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM
*Ducks* Missed! *stick tongue out*

:lol:

the fifth man
April 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I think it would be great if Amanda was in the 100th episode of SGA.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I think it would be great if Amanda was in the 100th episode of SGA.

Agreed. However if ( I really hope this doesn't happen) this ends up as the series finale I would hope they could get RDA and MS to wrap it up as well.

Jumper_One
April 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Agreed. However if ( I really hope this doesn't happen) this ends up as the series finale I would hope they could get RDA and MS to wrap it up as well.

dude that'd be awesome! however it probably won't happen because let's face it RDA and MS aren't part of Atlantis. but most importantly since Sci Fi will renew the show :D

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
dude that'd be awesome! however it probably won't happen because let's face it RDA and MS aren't part of Atlantis. but most importantly since Sci Fi will renew the show :D

But they look so cool in Atlantis!

Jumper_One
April 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
But they look so cool in Atlantis!

atfan
April 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
:lol: *shoots Dr Lee*;)

Really OT here but I just rewatched what I consider one of AT and Sam's best scenes. Her final scene with her father in Secrets. I really hope she is in the 100th.
How is that OT? Amanda is great the Threads one with Jacob is also one of my favorite along with Grace but Replicarter rules evil Sam is so deadly.

Would be cool but won't happen maybe in movie 3?

Fenrir Foxz
April 7th, 2008, 11:29 AM
How is that OT? Amanda is great the Threads one with Jacob is also one of my favorite along with Grace but Replicarter rules evil Sam is so deadly.

Definately, Repli-Carter is awsome :D

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Who knows the mods love to pick at that rule.*runs* I agree about Threads and Grace as well.

Jumper_One
April 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Would be cool but won't happen maybe in movie 3?

I doubt it :( but since the third movie will hopefully involve RDA it should be ok :)

Definately, Repli-Carter is awsome :D

:indeed: :D

Who knows the mods love to pick at that rule.*runs* I agree about Threads and Grace as well.

me too :)