This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new factions please!

We don't have enough episodes in a season to develop all the groups we have now!

I've listed everyone we know about in the SGA universe (whether they've gone awol or not is beside the point):-

Atlantis Expedition
    Ancients
    Wraith
    Michael
    Replicator Survivors
    Travellers
    Genaii
    Ford's Lost Boys

I think it's a given we wont see the latter group.

If I remember correctly, Kolya is slated to make an appearance in this coming season. I'm sure Robert Davi said something to that effect.

TPTB wont cut Larrin loose.

Michael and the Hybrids are certain to be brought back, at the very least to conclude that particular arc.

I can't see how TPTB will find enough time for stand alone eps, which are as important to the feel of the series as the arcs, and allow enough development time for the existing factions.

Perhaps another "soft reset"...only this time, maybe not so soft!?

they can bring back the Genaii, but Koyla is dead. Shepard shot him. i don't know about you, i am getting a little tired of the Clone/Alternate Universe/Time Travel way of bringing someone back to life. those characters are dead, leave them to rest in peace.

Ford and company hasn't been seen in a couple years. TPTB would need a good reason as to why they have been absent. I am presuming that Ford and friends didn't make it off that Wraith ship and therefore dead.

as to the rest of those ideas, they have got some room left to play with.
    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

We need more factions...

"Good" Factions:
      Atlantis Expedition
      Ladon's Genii

Neutral Factions:
      Travelers
      Rogue Genii
      Todd's Wraith
      Ascended Lanteans
      Elizabeth Weir/Rogue Asurans
      Aidan Ford/"The Lost Boys"

"Bad" Factions:
      Michael
      Wraith

(The ones in itallics are ones that are reasonable to have an effect on things in Season 5).
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well Kolya could maybe just not have been fatally wounded. Dragged off by some Gennai and 5 days later waking up thinking "that sucked! I hate that Sheppard guy!"

Comment

Well personally, I absolutely love the how Kolya was the "foil" so to speak for Sheppard, so seeing a return from him would be fine in my book. I also agree that if we do see more factions, that they need to be "good guys." Seriously, there can only be so many bad guys out there. I think the whole us vs. the galaxy is getting a bit old. SOME friends would be nice--but hey gotta have the drama aspect!

Comment

SG-1:

Tau'ri
            Goa'uld
            Tok'ra
            Ancients
            Ori
            Nox
            Replicators
            Unas
            Tollans
            Jaffa
            The Trust
            The Russians

SG-1 had more than atlantis... but they were better developed.

In atlantis, we mostly just have The Wraith and the Replicators right now. Everything else is pretty rare (1, 2 eps a season).
            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

but ford is awesome i think ford did survive i mean come on how much did it sound like he did when shepard was like at the end of the episode i wouldn't be surprised if ford turns up

so ford turns up shepards like where the hell were u fords like i was on the world where that ancient chick lives getting clean so i could come back
              shepards like im not surprised and everyones happy that fords back
              cause he was so cool
              Bring back ford

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                We don't have enough episodes in a season to develop all the groups we have now!

I've listed everyone we know about in the SGA universe (whether they've gone awol or not is beside the point):-

Atlantis Expedition
                Ancients
                Wraith
                Michael
                Replicator Survivors
                Travellers
                Genaii
                Ford's Lost Boys
                you forgot the athosians.

from that list, I'd get rid of the replicators/survivors, michael and the travelers. I'm not counting ford. the rest usually have focus on them in some way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post

Atlantis Expedition
                  Ancients
                  Wraith
                  Michael
                  Replicator Survivors
                  Travellers
                  Genaii
                  Ford's Lost Boys

I think it's a given we wont see the latter group.

If I remember correctly, Kolya is slated to make an appearance in this coming season. I'm sure Robert Davi said something to that effect.

TPTB wont cut Larrin loose.

Michael and the Hybrids are certain to be brought back, at the very least to conclude that particular arc.

I can't see how TPTB will find enough time for stand alone eps, which are as important to the feel of the series as the arcs, and allow enough development time for the existing factions.

Perhaps another "soft reset"...only this time, maybe not so soft!?
                  Isn't it possible that some of these factions could be the central plot of a standalone episode? The Genii, Travelers, Ancients, and Replicator Survivers are not going to be having long, season-spanning arcs. They will get one, maybe two episodes each season which are generally considered standalone.

'Travellers' is a perfect example. A standalone episode that isn't a standalone episode. Sure, you wonder what is going to happen to the Aurora, but pretty much everything is wrapped up in the end with the potential for future eps, or forgotness is TPTB so chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonsandwraithohmy View Post
                    Well personally, I absolutely love the how Kolya was the "foil" so to speak for Sheppard, so seeing a return from him would be fine in my book.
                    I'd like to see Kolya back just so Todd can get his revenge!
                    I also agree that if we do see more factions, that they need to be "good guys." Seriously, there can only be so many bad guys out there. I think the whole us vs. the galaxy is getting a bit old. SOME friends would be nice--but hey gotta have the drama aspect!
                    I think the SGA team is going to have to change its attitude toward the other inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy before they can make any friends.

I'd love to see TPTB develop the groups they have already established, especially the Wraith. But I think we might get one new "bad" faction this season since TPTB have a "new and terrifying" enemy in store for Season 5. However, it could be the Replicator survivors shifting from neutral to bad. Or maybe that is just the IOA.
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I think Ford might be allied with Michael in his fight against the Wraith.
                      sigpic
                      Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

New factions / races are part of the scifi style, so I don't why is it a problem. SG-1 had so many interesting life form, but they were underused. I hope the SG:W game and SG:U will bring back the good old discovery / first contact feeling.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                          I'd like to see Kolya back just so Todd can get his revenge!
                          But ONLY for that reason!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Perhaps not more factions but more single ep aliens. There has to be much more in the galaxy than humans, wraith and reps.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X