Asguard crystals aboard the phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asguard crystals aboard the phoenix

I just noticed this.....when rodney and sam are getting the Phoenix ready for combat, there is a shot of the crystal tray open, and the center crystal has a microchip in it, as did the one from TAOT. Is this just prop reuse, or was it supposed to be there?

you mean this?
    Spoiler:
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

yes, exactly that

Comment

Asgard

Comment

Spell it with me: A S G A R D .

Comment

I noticed that too, but only after "Ark of Truth" was released.

And notice that in "Unending" that the crystal tray that opens up in the Asgard core wasn't there in "Unending"

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...0x20_4548.html

And the crystal type was totally different than the "Ark of Truth" type as well.

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...0x20_4729.html

And does this mean that the Phoenix had an Asgard core as well? It had the new engineering room that the Odyssey had but the Daedalus and the Apollo kept the same style as before.

Vala,

Comment

It is possible this is a hybrid Tau'ri /Asgard design, and the asgard data crystel serves as a socket for the microship

Comment

Oh, this is rediculous. Do TPTB really expect us to believe that after one year of having the Asgard stuff, we can already reproduce the core? I mean seriously, how idiotic are they going to make the show!
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Reproducing the core =/= knowing how it works.

It could be as easy (since the whole core was made very user friendly for us dumb humans) as replicating a bunch of data crystals and slotting them together. Who knows. It's alien technology.

I will never understand the fandom seemingly understanding how complex alien technology can be, despite how little we've seen of their internal mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

It could be as easy (since the whole core was made very user friendly for us dumb humans) as replicating a bunch of data crystals and slotting them together. Who knows. It's alien technology.

I will never understand the fandom seemingly understanding how complex alien technology can be, despite how little we've seen of their internal mechanics.
                    It's an alien computer capable of creating stuff from nothing. Allowing us to mass produce these things is just... not good for balance or believability.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I can dig it.

Though we have yet to really "mass produce" it. Just a ship a year, and even then they aren't as good. Heck, we don't even know if non-Odyssey ships are equipped with the Trek-style replicator.

Comment

I don't think that the other ships have the molecular construction capabilities, the Daedalus and the Apollo still had the old engineering room except Hermiod's console was missing.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          It's an alien computer capable of creating stuff from nothing. Allowing us to mass produce these things is just... not good for balance or believability.
                          The computer stores the information, its the 'matter synthesizer' (MS) that does the replicating.
                          Its not that mad to believe that we used the core on the Odyssey to teach us how to build another core component by component that we could use to semi-duplicate the Asgard knowledge.
                          Maybe we've more tightly integrated it with the Phoenix's systems so it now acts as a more efficient computer control core for the entire ship.
                          Just because they reused the prop, doesn't mean it is exactly the same machine that serves exactly the same purpose.

I was watching Enterprise the other day and noticed that an alien race were using the same weapon prop that was used as a generic alien weapon in TNG and Voyager, and served as the Jem'Hadar weapon prop in DS9, with very little modification occurring in any appearance.
                          The tight budgets in TV production sometimes warrant blatant prop reuse just so that they can save the big bucks for other things.

Chances are, the core was still in the 304 engine room set from AoT, and possibly Continuum, and removing it would've been just another expense. If that's the case, why bother when you can spend those $$ on something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Spell it with me: A S G A R D .
                            Thank you!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

PG15, do you dare to go into the Science and Tech part of the site?

I ran from there twice already, with a face that looked like

Can't believe I didn't know all that either. So they're making most of it up?

Figures. Like men and asking for directions...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                              X