Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper having more involvement with Season 5!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper having more involvement with Season 5!

So this was posted on the GW homepage..

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml

The two are also lending a hand with production duties on the new season of Stargate Atlantis. "Joe and Paul and Carl and Martin and Alan are doing a fantastic job with that on a full-time basis, and we're pitching in," he said. "Brad has just turned in an Atlantis script for Season Five" ("The Shrine of Talus").
    My thoughts is that Joe M, Paul M, Martin G, and co are doing a great job. Having Brad Wright and Robert cooper pitching in more for Season 5 truly can be a great thing. Season 5 could have those real classic feel eps and truly step it up to the next level.

Brad Wright has always been my favorite producer, and his stuff for the most part truly delivers.

Your Thoughts?
    sigpic

brad's work i like, coop's has rarely been to my taste unless he has a good 'beta' to keep the silliness out....so bit of a mixed bag

then again, if they keep coop to writing for the men he might do okay. Sateda was good, he just doesn't quite have a handle on the female psyche
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      brad's work i like, coop's has rarely been to my taste unless he has a good 'beta' to keep the silliness out....so bit of a mixed bag

then again, if they keep coop to writing for the men he might do okay. Sateda was good, he just doesn't quite have a handle on the female psyche
      I figured since the movies are done, and they are awaiting the green-light for SGU, they have time to get back into Atlantis. So hopefully this will be a good thing. I liked Doppleganger last season, and I know Brad Wright helped with "This Mortal Coil" which I truly enjoyed. They also got Alex Levine writing an ep next season.

They should get a female writer on board just to mix it up a little. They had a couple for SG-1 in the earlier seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

i doubt they'll hire ANY new talent, male or female.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i doubt they'll hire ANY new talent, male or female.
          I think you are right.
          sigpic

Comment

I interpt this that it will be the same as last season. I remember reading that BW and RCC had some involment in S4. I see them writing/directong an episode or two, but thats it.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I interpt this that it will be the same as last season. I remember reading that BW and RCC had some involment in S4. I see them writing/directong an episode or two, but thats it.
              Actually I believe it's double. BW and RC I think will be doing 2 eps each. I know BW will be doing 2 for a fact, but there might a be more from RC.
              Last edited by Briangate78; 21 March 2008, 10:21 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Actually I believe it's double. BW and RC I think will be doing 2 eps each. I know BW will be doing 2 for a fact, but there might a be more from RC.
                Season 5 can only get better because of their involvement IMO...
                I expect there will be more diversity in S5

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                  Season 5 can only get better because of their involvement IMO...
                  I expect there will be more diversity in S5
                  I wonder why Ken Cuperus hasn't written an episode since Common Ground and Submersion... Both were very good imo.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

When SG1 got cancelled, the writers from that show and the writers for Atlantis were collapsed into one group, so they ended up with too many writers. As the new guy, Ken was given the pink slip, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      I wonder why Ken Cuperus hasn't written an episode since Common Ground and Submersion... Both were very good imo.
                      Yeah both were good... maybe someone should ask JM

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        When SG1 got cancelled, the writers from that show and the writers for Atlantis were collapsed into one group, so they ended up with too many writers. As the new guy, Ken was given the pink slip, unfortunately.
                        Sobs... They should have at least looked at the quality of episodes he handed in! It would be an enrichment to have more than 4 or 5 writers working on one season... Ken's work would most certainly beat eps like 'The Tower', and the complete disasters that were 'Irresistible' and 'Irresponsible'. I think I've seen those two's names on half the season 5 eps? Oh brother...

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                        Yeah both were good... maybe someone should ask JM
                        Yup, someone should.

*Eyes PG15*

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          Sobs... They should have at least looked at the quality of episodes he handed in! It would be an enrichment to have more than 4 or 5 writers working on one season... Ken's work would most certainly beat eps like 'The Tower', and the complete disasters that were 'Irresistible' and 'Irresponsible'. I think I've seen those two's names on half the season 5 eps? Oh brother...
                          With all due respect to Ken Cuperus (who actually posted on the board a while back), he admited himself that his scripts, especially Common Ground, were heavily rewritten by Brad Wright and others. I don't doubt that he was good, but it wasn't all his effort.

Yup, someone should.

*Eyes PG15*
                          Why? I already told you the answer.
                          Last edited by PG15; 21 March 2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            With all due respect to Ken Cuperus (who actually posted on the board a while back), he admited himself that his scripts, especially Common Ground, were heavily rewritten by Brad Wright and others. I don't doubt that he was good, but it wasn't all his effort.

Why? I already told you the answer.
                            Yeah, that's something we don't really know, how much of that stuff actually gets rewritten...

But I guess it happens with the scripts of every writer that is new in the SGA-dom... So that's why they don't get new people on board.

Even though a woman would be nice to have around.

Comment

If it was not for Brad Wright there would be no SG-1, Atlantis, Continuum, and now when it is given the green light, SGU. So I am very happy he is writting at least two eps for Season 5!

Brad and Rob trusted Joe M and Paul M to take over Atlantis. Well after watching Season 4, I think it was a good move.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X