PDA

View Full Version : Brad Wright and Robert Cooper having more involvement with Season 5!

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
So this was posted on the GW homepage..

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/03/cooper_has_plans_for_iatlantisi_.shtml

The two are also lending a hand with production duties on the new season of Stargate Atlantis. "Joe and Paul and Carl and Martin and Alan are doing a fantastic job with that on a full-time basis, and we're pitching in," he said. "Brad has just turned in an Atlantis script for Season Five" ("The Shrine of Talus").

My thoughts is that Joe M, Paul M, Martin G, and co are doing a great job. Having Brad Wright and Robert cooper pitching in more for Season 5 truly can be a great thing. Season 5 could have those real classic feel eps and truly step it up to the next level.

Brad Wright has always been my favorite producer, and his stuff for the most part truly delivers.

Your Thoughts?

Skydiver
March 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM
brad's work i like, coop's has rarely been to my taste unless he has a good 'beta' to keep the silliness out....so bit of a mixed bag

then again, if they keep coop to writing for the men he might do okay. Sateda was good, he just doesn't quite have a handle on the female psyche

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:19 AM
brad's work i like, coop's has rarely been to my taste unless he has a good 'beta' to keep the silliness out....so bit of a mixed bag

then again, if they keep coop to writing for the men he might do okay. Sateda was good, he just doesn't quite have a handle on the female psyche

I figured since the movies are done, and they are awaiting the green-light for SGU, they have time to get back into Atlantis. So hopefully this will be a good thing. I liked Doppleganger last season, and I know Brad Wright helped with "This Mortal Coil" which I truly enjoyed. They also got Alex Levine writing an ep next season.

They should get a female writer on board just to mix it up a little. They had a couple for SG-1 in the earlier seasons.

Skydiver
March 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
i doubt they'll hire ANY new talent, male or female.

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
i doubt they'll hire ANY new talent, male or female.

I think you are right.

jelgate
March 21st, 2008, 11:02 AM
I interpt this that it will be the same as last season. I remember reading that BW and RCC had some involment in S4. I see them writing/directong an episode or two, but thats it.

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
I interpt this that it will be the same as last season. I remember reading that BW and RCC had some involment in S4. I see them writing/directong an episode or two, but thats it.

Actually I believe it's double. BW and RC I think will be doing 2 eps each. I know BW will be doing 2 for a fact, but there might a be more from RC.

Fenrir Foxz
March 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
Actually I believe it's double. BW and RC I think will be doing 2 eps each. I know BW will be doing 2 for a fact, but there might a be more from RC.

Season 5 can only get better because of their involvement IMO...
I expect there will be more diversity in S5 :cool:

GoSpikey
March 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Season 5 can only get better because of their involvement IMO...
I expect there will be more diversity in S5 :cool:

I wonder why Ken Cuperus hasn't written an episode since Common Ground and Submersion... Both were very good imo.

PG15
March 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
When SG1 got cancelled, the writers from that show and the writers for Atlantis were collapsed into one group, so they ended up with too many writers. As the new guy, Ken was given the pink slip, unfortunately.

Fenrir Foxz
March 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I wonder why Ken Cuperus hasn't written an episode since Common Ground and Submersion... Both were very good imo.

Yeah both were good... maybe someone should ask JM :D

GoSpikey
March 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
When SG1 got cancelled, the writers from that show and the writers for Atlantis were collapsed into one group, so they ended up with too many writers. As the new guy, Ken was given the pink slip, unfortunately.

:( Sobs... They should have at least looked at the quality of episodes he handed in! It would be an enrichment to have more than 4 or 5 writers working on one season... Ken's work would most certainly beat eps like 'The Tower', and the complete disasters that were 'Irresistible' and 'Irresponsible'. I think I've seen those two's names on half the season 5 eps? Oh brother...

Yeah both were good... maybe someone should ask JM :D

Yup, someone should.

*Eyes PG15* :D

PG15
March 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
:( Sobs... They should have at least looked at the quality of episodes he handed in! It would be an enrichment to have more than 4 or 5 writers working on one season... Ken's work would most certainly beat eps like 'The Tower', and the complete disasters that were 'Irresistible' and 'Irresponsible'. I think I've seen those two's names on half the season 5 eps? Oh brother...

With all due respect to Ken Cuperus (who actually posted on the board a while back), he admited himself that his scripts, especially Common Ground, were heavily rewritten by Brad Wright and others. I don't doubt that he was good, but it wasn't all his effort.

Yup, someone should.

*Eyes PG15* :D

Why? I already told you the answer. :p

GoSpikey
March 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
With all due respect to Ken Cuperus (who actually posted on the board a while back), he admited himself that his scripts, especially Common Ground, were heavily rewritten by Brad Wright and others. I don't doubt that he was good, but it wasn't all his effort.

Why? I already told you the answer. :p

Yeah, that's something we don't really know, how much of that stuff actually gets rewritten...

But I guess it happens with the scripts of every writer that is new in the SGA-dom... So that's why they don't get new people on board.

Even though a woman would be nice to have around. :mckay:

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
If it was not for Brad Wright there would be no SG-1, Atlantis, Continuum, and now when it is given the green light, SGU. So I am very happy he is writting at least two eps for Season 5! :)

Brad and Rob trusted Joe M and Paul M to take over Atlantis. Well after watching Season 4, I think it was a good move. :)

Pitry
March 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
While I generally found BW's and RCC's SGA episodes not to be as good as their SG1s (for SG1 they're my favourite writers, for sGA I do prefer Gero's and Binder's scripts) I would squee with these news. Perhaps tyhis would also mean more general involevemnt - I do find it hard to believe in a coincidence between my liking less of SGA and the fact M&M became showrunners and BW& RCC were less involved because of the movies.

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
While I generally found BW's and RCC's SGA episodes not to be as good as their SG1s (for SG1 they're my favourite writers, for sGA I do prefer Gero's and Binder's scripts) I would squee with these news. Perhaps tyhis would also mean more general involevemnt - I do find it hard to believe in a coincidence between my liking less of SGA and the fact M&M became showrunners and BW& RCC were less involved because of the movies.

A lot of people here will have to blame someone, so they blame Joe M. A lot of folks will also be upset when their favorite character is reduced, written out, or killed off. They may not watch the show with an open mind. Trust me, I was guilty of that for SG-1 Season 9, and regret the way I was. :S

Anyway, I agree about Martin Gero and Binder, their eps have been really good. I even liked "Harmony" because I thought it was just a fun entertaining episode. It was written to what it was supposed to be, nothing more.

I think RCC and BW are going to be more involved with this season of SGA because they are basically in between projects. Maybe the scripts will be looked and given more suggestions.

silly sally
March 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Irish Eyes
March 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
Too bad BW didn't stick around more in season 4 since he was apparently Elizabeth Weir's champion...

Ruined_puzzle
March 21st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Too bad BW didn't stick around more in season 4 since he was apparently Elizabeth Weir's champion...

Maybe he'll find a way to bring back Elizabeth ;)

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Maybe he'll find a way to bring back Elizabeth ;)

They had plans to bring her back, Torri Higginson said no sadly.

Reiko
March 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Well, it's about time someone's come in and cleaned up this mess :mckay:

jelgate
March 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM

What mess?:confused::P

Fenrir Foxz
March 21st, 2008, 03:19 PM

:indeed:

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
What mess"confused::P

If Season 4 was a mess and garbage, well then....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/brian-filth-animation.gif

Fenrir Foxz
March 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM
If Season 4 was a mess and garbage, well then....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/brian-filth-animation.gif

:lol: Now someone's going to have to give the dog a bath :P *Not me :S*

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
:lol: Now someone's going to have to give the dog a bath :P *Not me :S*

I hope Reiko knows I am only joking around though. I never attack someone for their personal civilized opinion. :)

Fenrir Foxz
March 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM
I hope Reiko knows I am only joking around though. I never attack someone for their personal civilized opinion. :)

I think the joke would be hard to miss when you were rolling around in that garbage :P

Ruined_puzzle
March 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
They had plans to bring her back, Torri Higginson said no sadly.

I should have added... and convince Torri to come back, but only if they are actually planning on doing something with Elizabeth with both story and emotional continuity. It's all a dream really. I know that tptb aren't capable of that, this show isn't Farscape.

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
I should have added... and convince Torri to come back, but only if they are actually planning on doing something with Elizabeth with both story and emotional continuity. It's all a dream really. I know that tptb aren't capable of that, this show isn't Farscape.

Well I agree, they should of given her like a 3 or 4 episode deal at least. This show is not Farscape, it is better than Farscape because they take even more risks.

Jumper_One
March 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM
Well I agree, they should of given her like a 3 or 4 episode deal at least. This show is not Farscape, it is better than Farscape because they take even more risks.

also there are just four seasons of Farscape :P

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM
Very good thing. All eps they have written have been excellent, as far as I'm concerned. However my opinion has been coloured more by SG1. Directorially though I think there are better, like Martin Wood.

Rob Cooper tends to be more experimental and risk taking with his writing, which is good because his risks always pay off.

SAme here, took two viewings to realise that SG1 s9 and s10 were actually good (though still had their issues).

People compare S9 to Season 4 of SGA, it was not a rest in Season 4, only a leadership change, the same issues and story arcs were continuing or were brought back. I agree, watched S9 again and I thought it was better the 2nd time I saw it.

Reiko
March 21st, 2008, 09:54 PM

Oh please, drop the clueless act. You know what I'm talking about ;)

Yep, I know ;) While I find your obsession with ratings rather disturbing, you are a rather kind soul :D

jelgate
March 21st, 2008, 10:17 PM
[FONT="Georgia"]

Afraid not. I think your talking about the mess that was S3.:P

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Afraid not. I think your talking about the mess that was S3.:P

Hey now, Season 3 was great! :p

jelgate
March 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hey now, Season 3 was great! :p comparaed to the other seasons

:D:P

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
:D:P

Hmm and Brad Wright and Cooper were the showrunners for Season 3!

jelgate
March 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Sometimes change is a good thing.

Jumper_One
March 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
Sometimes change is a good thing.

sometimes, not always ;)

Platschu
March 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
I wish RCC and BW be involved in the third series and the 3th and 4th DVD movie! ;)

Maybe if the SG:U doesn't get green light, than they should reuse some idea in Atlantis. :o

Pharaoh Atem
March 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
So this was posted on the GW homepage..

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/03/cooper_has_plans_for_iatlantisi_.shtml

My thoughts is that Joe M, Paul M, Martin G, and co are doing a great job. Having Brad Wright and Robert cooper pitching in more for Season 5 truly can be a great thing.

Your Thoughts?

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it took joe and paul alot to bring the show out of the pit and now brad and rob are going to start killing it again :mad: R.I.P. sga :(

Briangate78
March 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it took joe and paul alot to bring the show out of the pit and now brad and rob are going to start killing it again :mad: R.I.P. sga :(

Well dude, they are just likely writing one or two more eps. The main decision still lies with M&M! But dude, Brad Wright made Atlantis to what it is today.

Briangate78
March 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM

Yep, I know ;) While I find your obsession with ratings rather disturbing, you are a rather kind soul :D

Obsessed? I always have been interested in ratings, but I did not really read into them as much. It was people here who kept bashing the show, wanting it to cancel and saying the ratings were dropping, made me spring into action to prove this wrong. I learned a lot, especially that Atlantis is doing even better than last season. Sadly, I have to thank Ghost Plumbers for bringing a younger audience to the network and Atlantis.

Regardless of what 20 or so people say on a Pro or Anti thread, it lies with the ratings and viewership of the show.

Pharaoh Atem
March 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Well dude, they are just likely writing one or two more eps. The main decision still lies with M&M! But dude, Brad Wright made Atlantis to what it is today.

i like brad but rob scares me sometimes

Pitry
March 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
A lot of people here will have to blame someone, so they blame Joe M. A lot of folks will also be upset when their favorite character is reduced, written out, or killed off. They may not watch the show with an open mind. Trust me, I was guilty of that for SG-1 Season 9, and regret the way I was. :S

Well, because I found season 4 to be lacking in the exact same way M&M's episodes usually are lacking, and because the main thing that changed production-wise was the change in showrunners.... I accept that that's circumstential evidence. And yet. :)
Anmd TBH, my objections to season 4 cannot be dismissed as "being upset a favourite was writen off". I approached season 4 was an open mind. I had my doubts, knownig that there's only 1 character I really enjoy now instead of 3, but I never let that be the deciding factor for me. It was the stories that turned me off, not the lacvk of Weir and Beckett. I was open minded about SG1's season 6 even though my favourite character left, I was open minded about season 9 - and loved it - I was open minded about season 10, and was disappointed. I as open minded about Atlantis even after the abysmal season 2...and was happy because I felt season 3 was actually good. But no, I'm afraid I'm no longer open minded. :)

RCC and BW are going to be more involved with this season of SGA because they are basically in between projects. Maybe the scripts will be looked and given more suggestions.

I'm hoping so. Cos if anything, they have a great POV and a lot to add.

Ruined_puzzle
March 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
This show is not Farscape, it is better than Farscape because they take even more risks.

LOL. *dies laughing*

Briangate78
March 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
i like brad but rob scares me sometimes

LOL! That is too funny. :p

Well, because I found season 4 to be lacking in the exact same way M&M's episodes usually are lacking, and because the main thing that changed production-wise was the change in showrunners.... I accept that that's circumstential evidence. And yet. :)
Anmd TBH, my objections to season 4 cannot be dismissed as "being upset a favourite was writen off". I approached season 4 was an open mind. I had my doubts, knownig that there's only 1 character I really enjoy now instead of 3, but I never let that be the deciding factor for me. It was the stories that turned me off, not the lacvk of Weir and Beckett. I was open minded about SG1's season 6 even though my favourite character left, I was open minded about season 9 - and loved it - I was open minded about season 10, and was disappointed. I as open minded about Atlantis even after the abysmal season 2...and was happy because I felt season 3 was actually good. But no, I'm afraid I'm no longer open minded. :)

I'm hoping so. Cos if anything, they have a great POV and a lot to add.

Well we know one character that would still be around if Brad Wright was still the showrunner. But interesting we have different viewpoints, which is cool. I saw Season 9 lacking, and Season 10 as really good. I loved the whole introduction to Adria. I actually liked Jonas more than Daniel, shhh don't tell anyone. ;)

All I know is some of the negativity here for SGA has gotten me in this weird awkward mode. I feel what does the show have to do to please everyone..... answer.....nothing, you cannot please everyone, that is like World Peace happening. :S So I have adjusted to the atmosphere, and am happy when I see the majority of the forum enjoying Atlantis still.

I just hope that this news about BW and RCC will bring more open-minded people to next season. Honestly, if people are going to complain about season 5 and not even watch one episode, what is the point? :S

Briangate78
March 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
LOL. *dies laughing*

You know, a simple, "I have to disagree about that, I am sorry." would of been more sufficient. :S

PG15
March 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Don't fret, some people just lack that funny little thing called "manners".

It's elusive, especially on the Interwebz.

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 02:32 PM

Quite the opposite from my perspective. M&M dumped the show in the pit and buried it. RIP SGA, the three-season show. :(

To me Brad and Rob taking control again is my only hope ;)

Briangate78
March 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Don't fret, some people just lack that funny little thing called "manners".

It's elusive, especially on the Interwebz.

I've watched Farscape from season one to the peacekeeper wars. Amazing show, but it is not something that had what I like to call "Rewatch" value for me. Sure I'll pop in "We're so Screwed" for a good story or "Crackers don't matter" for a laugh, but Stargate is still my favorite franchise. I think it is a better show and has more to offer.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Quite the opposite from my perspective. M&M dumped the show in the pit and buried it. RIP SGA, the three-season show. :(

To me Brad and Rob taking control again is my only hope ;)

sorry but that won't happen

jelgate
March 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
sorry but that won't happen

Good. S4 has been a lot better than S2/S3.

Fenrir Foxz
March 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM

I agree but it would also make no sense to retake control while developing SGU and another movie

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
I agree but it would also make no sense to retake control while developing SGU and another movie

There's going to be a third movie? *Isn't really following much of the news*

PG15
March 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
There MAY be a third movie. Brad Wright's already written it and...that's all we know so far.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
There's going to be a third movie? *Isn't really following much of the news*

there's been no confirmation but apparently BW has an interesting which would also involve O'Neill (woohoo :D)

Fenrir Foxz
March 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
there's been no confirmation but apparently BW has an interesting which would also involve O'Neill (woohoo :D)

Source? :P

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM

I disagree. It's just an opinion anyways. :rolleyes:

Desperate times, desperate measures ;)

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Source? :P

not sure :P but I found this ;)
movie spoilers ;)“I was terribly excited about the movies, but once they’ve been shot and they’re in the can, you’re thinking about the next one, even though this one isn’t finished yet.” He confirmed that they are already pursuing the third movie, not yet announced or titled. “I’ve got a story in mind for movie number three. Robert Cooper and I have discussed it, and I’ve had some prelimary discussions with MGM and Richard Dean Anderson [who also appears in Continuum]. … If the movies are well received, then the third movie will probably be slotted in after production of the third Stargate series [tentatively titled Stargate Universe and pitched to the SCI FI Channel in October 2007], or after Stargate Atlantis [which just began production this week and will conclude sometime in September]. But, if one or the other doesn’t go forward then we’ll probably start shooting our third movie in the spring of 2008 [keep in mind, however, that this interview was conducted before the WGA strike put a temporary halt to Wright’s writing of the script].”
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1128

Desperate times, desperate measures ;)

true :P however I disagree that these are desperate times ;)

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
true :P however I disagree that these are desperate times ;)

Agrees with the disagreeing... :D

*Luffs Todd* :P

atfan
March 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If RCC is involved it can't be good Ori anyone yuck!!!!

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
If RCC is involved it can't be good Ori anyone yuck!!!!

I fell asleep during seasons 9 and 10... :o

PG15
March 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
Well, here's info on Rob Cooper's contribution:

MysteryMadchen writes: “Have you guys come up with any new episodes past the 9 that have been leaked…?”

Answer: Leaked? I’ve mentioned episodes 1-11 in recent blog entries and even mentioned the back half eppy, Inquisition, that Alex Levine is writing. We have an idea for episode 12 (and are looking for a suitable location), episode 16 (my next script), and episodes 19 (which Rob Cooper will be writing/directing/producing) and 20. There’s also that episode idea that was originally slotted for the first half that is now free-floating but should find a home in one of the remaining four slots.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/march-22-2008-yet-another-upcoming-guest-and-the-baron-takes-out-a-loan/

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well, here's info on Rob Cooper's contribution:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/march-22-2008-yet-another-upcoming-guest-and-the-baron-takes-out-a-loan/

thanks dude, that's pretty much what I was expecting

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
thanks dude, that's pretty much what I was expecting

So we already know that the season's ending is going to be one ep, not like K1, K2 and TLM...

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
So we already know that the season's ending is going to be one ep, not like K1, K2 and TLM...

we do?

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
we do?

Er, I was thinking that they'd at least have an 'idea' about the ep, then? :o

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Er, I was thinking that they'd at least have an 'idea' about the ep, then? :o

you mean the season finale? I'm sure they do ;)

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
you mean the season finale? I'm sure they do ;)

Oh I just meant that they know what the season's finale's going to be about, so let's call it 'TLM', but he mentioned ep 19 to be worked on, which might mean ep 19, 20 and 1 of the 6th season is one arc, but we won't have an ep 18 and 19 that more fit together, and then a 20 and 6x01, if you get what I mean.

Not part 1 (K1), part 2 (K2), part 1 (but kinda part 3 too, like TLM), part 2 (but kinda part 4 too, like S&R).

:o Over-explaning things isn't much fun. But I'm getting tired so maybe English is falling away and I was saying something in an unclear way. Doesn't matter now. They're writing, and they had better be writing good stuff. :D

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Oh I just meant that they know what the season's finale's going to be about, so let's call it 'TLM', but he mentioned ep 19 to be worked on, which might mean ep 19, 20 and 1 of the 6th season is one arc, but we won't have an ep 18 and 19 that more fit together, and then a 20 and 6x01, if you get what I mean.

Not part 1 (K1), part 2 (K2), part 1 (but kinda part 3 too, like TLM), part 2 (but kinda part 4 too, like S&R).

LOL I had to read it couple of times :P anyway I think a two-parter (520/601) or a three-parter (519/520/601) is more likely than what we had in s4 with The Kindred and TLM

:o Over-explaning things isn't much fun. But I'm getting tired so maybe English is falling away and I was saying something in an unclear way. Doesn't matter now. They're writing, and they had better be writing good stuff. :D

jelgate
March 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I disagree. It's just an opinion anyways. :rolleyes:

I know> I like the difference of the opinions that lead to debates. I am sorry if I offened you.

Fenrir Foxz
March 23rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
not sure :P but I found this ;)
movie spoilers ;)“I was terribly excited about the movies, but once they’ve been shot and they’re in the can, you’re thinking about the next one, even though this one isn’t finished yet.” He confirmed that they are already pursuing the third movie, not yet announced or titled. “I’ve got a story in mind for movie number three. Robert Cooper and I have discussed it, and I’ve had some prelimary discussions with MGM and Richard Dean Anderson [who also appears in Continuum]. … If the movies are well received, then the third movie will probably be slotted in after production of the third Stargate series [tentatively titled Stargate Universe and pitched to the SCI FI Channel in October 2007], or after Stargate Atlantis [which just began production this week and will conclude sometime in September]. But, if one or the other doesn’t go forward then we’ll probably start shooting our third movie in the spring of 2008 [keep in mind, however, that this interview was conducted before the WGA strike put a temporary halt to Wright’s writing of the script].”
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1128