PDA

View Full Version : Zelenka in Season 5...?

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM
I just read something very troubling on Joseph Mallozzi's blog. The following exchange was posted in Mailbag:

LostCityGuardian writes: “ You realise that speculation is going to run wild now that Zelenka will be killed off.”

Answer: Probably.

Can anyone confirm or deny Zelenka's fate? I'll be very sad if this is true.

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM
Being a sarcastic reply, I would say Zelenka will be safe. Whoever asked that question, gold star!

g.o.d
March 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM
I won't be suprise if they'll do it. We all know SGA is show about McShep. Every other character is expendable

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
I won't be suprise if they'll do it. We all know SGA is show about McShep. Every other character is expendable

Well I am not going to disagree about Sheppard and Mckay being the most focused. But, the other characters for the last 2 seasons have gotten more focus, imo. I think they balanced it out nicely. In fact Sheppard even took a break in one episode "Trio" as Mckay did in "Outcast". Still, I'd like to see Season 5 go back to the 4-member team. With Rachel being available more that should not be a problem. :)

Oh btw, Happy Birthday. So I wonder if the Stargate Franchise will have anything in the future where we will agree. :P

g.o.d
March 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
With Rachel being available more that should not be a problem. :)
oh, crap :D

Oh btw, Happy Birthday. So I wonder if the Stargate Franchise will have anything in the future where we will agree. :P

Thanks a lot!

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
oh, crap :D

Thanks a lot!

No problem. :D Seriously though if they get rid of Zelenka, that will tick me off. He is a loved character that really does not dip too much into their cast budget.

kymeric
March 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
I love Zelenka. Not only did he get to play action hero and save the city. Then they teased him alittle when he wasnt there to defend himself. All in all its a good season for Zelenka development!

Falcon Horus
March 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Who cares about Zelenka anyway? This is the McKay/Sheppard show... :mckay:

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM

Well the other characters have gotten a lot of focus the past 2 seasons, even Zelenka. I have to disagree about the Mckay/Sheppard show. Just because they get the most screentime it doesn't mean the other characters are not important. Sheppard is the O'neill of Atlantis.

elliecat
March 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
I love Zelenka I think they must realise that the fans like him so they better not get rid of him! But then everyone loved Beckett and look what happened there.

I think he should get to go on a mission with the fab four, that would be great.

I think if they do get rid of Zelenka I would be furious they already got rid of Weir and Carson and brought in other people that I hate(not for here tho) he might be cutting into precious other peoples screentime thats what worries me.

:zelenkaanime07:

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I love Zelenka I think they must realise that the fans like him so they better not get rid of him! But then everyone loved Beckett and look what happened there.

I think he should get to go on a mission with the fab four, that would be great.

I think if they do get rid of Zelenka I would be furious they already got rid of Weir and Carson and brought in other people that I hate(not for here tho) he might be cutting into precious other peoples screentime thats what worries me.

:zelenkaanime07:

Well Beckett is back. So I don't think they want to make the same mistake to a beloved character. Beckett's return was actually very network driven. "Kindred" delivered, imo, for the fans and the network.

I think Zelenka is very safe.

I am going to probably get screamed at for this... But I don't think Weir had enough support and a lot of fans were like whatever with her. Which stinks, because I am a Weir fan, but I am also a Carter fan. :p

elliecat
March 21st, 2008, 10:34 AM
Well Beckett is back. So I don't think they want to make the same mistake to a beloved character. Beckett's return was actually very network driven. "Kindred" delivered, imo, for the fans and the network.

I think Zelenka is very safe.

I am going to probably get screamed at for this... But I don't think Weir had enough support and a lot of fans were like whatever with her. Which stinks, because I am a Weir fan, but I am also a Carter fan. :p

Yeah when I watched Kindred I thought PM did a great job he showed what a silly mistake they had made. Hopefully they wont repeat that with Zelenka, they must have learnt! (crosses fingers).

Briangate78
March 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah when I watched Kindred I thought PM did a great job he showed what a silly mistake they had made. Hopefully they wont repeat that with Zelenka, they must have learnt! (crosses fingers).

Zelenka just adds to the show. Whether it's comic relief or just good drama. The last scene in "This Mortal Coil" was a very powerful scene when Zelenka is trying to comfort Mckay over the loss of Dr. Weir. Zelenka is just that character who truly adds to the show, and he is not over-utilized. I think that was the problem with Beckett. Notice how Keller was only in like 10 eps vs Carson's like 14+?

elliecat
March 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
Zelenka just adds to the show. Whether it's comic relief or just good drama. The last scene in "This Mortal Coil" was a very powerful scene when Zelenka is trying to comfort Mckay over the loss of Dr. Weir. Zelenka is just that character who truly adds to the show, and he is not over-utilized. I think that was the problem with Beckett. Notice how Keller was only in like 10 eps vs Carson's like 14+?

I loved that scene in TMC with Zelenka trying to comfort Mckay, one of the best. He always gives a great performance even if he's only in the episode for a few minutes.

PG15
March 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Just go read the Ghost in the Machine spoilers and stop worrying.

LiquidSky
March 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Na TPTB won't get rid of Zelenka he is the torn in Rodney's side. When I read poor Zelenka i thought maybe he is being tormented by Rodney. See, that why they can't get rid of them. They are the comic relief kinda of R2D2 and C3P0, :D:D:D or Laural and Hardy:D:D of the show.

LS

rens14
March 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think zelenka will stay but tptb do kill of a lot of characters Ford, Beckett, Weir and my opinion is that you should have the same characters for almost the whole show and i hope that becket will become a regular in season 6(if there will be one) and make keller recurring for 1 of 2 episodes

AscendedTauri
March 21st, 2008, 03:58 PM
I would be deeply saddened if they killed off Zalenka, but I don't think it will happen.

Hey... people forget that Joe Mallozzi also released on his blog a couple months ago a "Zalenka birthday episode!" is in the works for Season 5.

PG15
March 21st, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

But anyway, Big Z ain't dying. You can bet on it.

Rosehawk
March 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
More than likely Zelenka is going to get a good whumpin' ;)

kali1
March 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM
I would be deeply saddened if they killed off Zalenka, but I don't think it will happen.

Hey... people forget that Joe Mallozzi also released on his blog a couple months ago a "Zalenka birthday episode!" is in the works for Season 5.

I'd be upset too if they got rid of Zelenka. He's a great character and brings so much to the show. I would love to see more of the character

kymeric
March 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I loved that scene in TMC with Zelenka trying to comfort Mckay, one of the best. He always gives a great performance even if he's only in the episode for a few minutes.

If it wernt for his fixture on atlantis like that scene id be scream ZELENKA FOR MAIN CHARACTER IN SGU!

elliecat
March 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
If it wernt for his fixture on atlantis like that scene id be scream ZELENKA FOR MAIN CHARACTER IN SGU!

Yeah its tough, i'd love to see Zelenka as a main character somewhere but love him too much on Atlantis aswell!:)

Rosehawk
March 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM

That scene was great, it showed the depth of friendship between Rodney and Radek and was nice to see since Radek gets put down so much by Rodney *cough, cough* we won't discuss what they did to Radek in Trio. :(

I would so love for Zelenka to be in SGU but for now I would be happy with at least 15 if not all 20 episodes in S5! :D

elliecat
March 22nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
That scene was great, it showed the depth of friendship between Rodney and Radek and was nice to see since Radek gets put down so much by Rodney *cough, cough* we won't discuss what they did to Radek in Trio. :(

I would so love for Zelenka to be in SGU but for now I would be happy with at least 15 if not all 20 episodes in S5! :D

That would be great!:) I'd love to see him in that many episodes aswell as long as they dont treat him the way they did in trio.

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
The more episodes he's in, the faster he'll end up on the bottom of the ladder of death ... fallen from the top aka dead as a doornail.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
The more episodes he's in, the faster he'll end up on the bottom of the ladder of death ... fallen from the top aka dead as a doornail.

I really doubt that

Pegasus_SGA
March 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
I just read something very troubling on Joseph Mallozzi's blog. The following exchange was posted in Mailbag:

Can anyone confirm or deny Zelenka's fate? I'll be very sad if this is true.

I can't confirm his fate, but I think it's got to do with a transformation of some sort, or Zelenka being covered in goo. Don't ask, I don't know why these weird ideas come into my head! :o

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM

My poor Radek's up there, sadly :(

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Funky%20Stuff/Anti/Ladder_of_death.jpg
Image Courtesy of Falcon Horus

:D

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM

So is Katie, and she just disappeared.

I think though that death sorta makes it ending, no loose threads. The chances of secondary characters to come back are slim to none. Which I, personally, prefer to disappearance without a definite ending.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
I can't confirm his fate, but I think it's got to do with a transformation of some sort, or Zelenka being covered in goo. Don't ask, I don't know why these weird ideas come into my head! :o

oh come on you know why ;) :P

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Funky%20Stuff/Anti/Ladder_of_death.jpg

LOL cool pic :P and you still watch the show? wow

So is Katie, and she just disappeared.

I think though that death sorta makes it ending, no loose threads. The chances of secondary characters to come back are slim to none. Which I, personally, prefer to disappearance without a definite ending.

why do you compare Zelenka and Katie?

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
why do you compare Zelenka and Katie?

Because Katie is on the top sport but didn't die, while Zelenka is one sport down and getting an awfully close to that top spot now that it has been cleared since Katie disappeared.

And both are secondary characters.

PG15
March 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
How is Katie's "ending" not definite? Her entire purpose was to be a part of Rodney's romantic life, and now that's over, so is her story. She's heading back to Earth. The end.

Jumper_One
Because Katie is on the top sport but didn't die, while Zelenka is one sport down and getting an awfully close to that top spot now that it has been cleared since Katie disappeared.

And both are secondary characters.

Katie appeared in 4 eps (2 in s4) and Zelenka in 43 (11 in s4), that's a big difference ;) he's much more important than Katie who was never more than Rodney's love interest imo

Pegasus_SGA

Hon, I don't think you have to worry about Zelenka, really. Trust me nothing will happen to Radek in this ep that will kill him off. Don't ask why, just trust me on this.

oh come on you know why ;) :P

it's because i'm special isn't it? ;)

Rosehawk
March 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hon, I don't think you have to worry about Zelenka, really. Trust me nothing will happen to Radek in this ep that will kill him off. Don't ask why, just trust me on this.
I trust you! :D

I don't think they will kill off Radek anytime soon. Hurt him, sure. Degrade him, definitely, but kill him off, I don't think so cause then who would Rodney have to pick on with such gleeful pleasure :P
If anything Radek will have to worry more about his fate when the series gets ready to end.

Yes, you are special! :)

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM

ok I trust you :D (but don't tell jelgate :P)

maaaaaaaaybe :D

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Katie appeared in 4 eps (2 in s4) and Zelenka in 43 (11 in s4), that's a big difference ;) he's much more important than Katie who was never more than Rodney's love interest imo

In my eyes, every secondary character no matter how many times they appeared, are equally important in their own way. Katie may have indeed been Rodney's love interest, but she nevertheless brought something out of him we usually didn't get to see. They exist to support the main cast, without a supporting cast there is just no way for the main cast to interact other then themselves and that get's pretty boring after a while.

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
How is Katie's "ending" not definite? Her entire purpose was to be a part of Rodney's romantic life, and now that's over, so is her story. She's heading back to Earth. The end.

Ah, so no more baby ferns to tend in the Pegasus Galaxy? ;)

and you still watch the show? wow

Not really. It's complicated.

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM

Gats missed your post...

Yes, the end as in disappeared with a reason - went back to Earth most likely. There are, however, other endings ... such as Ford who disappeared open-ended...after which he was killed on paper... for the sake of it, I guess.

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
In my eyes, every secondary character no matter how many times they appeared, are equally important in their own way. Katie may have indeed been Rodney's love interest, but she nevertheless brought something out of him we usually didn't get to see. They exist to support the main cast, without a supporting cast there is just no way for the main cast to interact other then themselves and that get's pretty boring after a while.

Got it down right there. Even redshirts are supposed entertaining, like the tomato guy.

Pegasus_SGA
March 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
I trust you! :D

I don't think they will kill off Radek anytime soon. Hurt him, sure. Degrade him, definitely, but kill him off, I don't think so cause then who would Rodney have to pick on with such gleeful pleasure :P
If anything Radek will have to worry more about his fate when the series gets ready to end.

Yes, you are special! :)

:o Ahhhhhh *hugs* I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I didn't like the joke on Zelenka, poor non pervy radek. But I can't see them killing him off. I think and don't quote me on this, but maybe he gets put through the ringer in one of the eps?

ok I trust you :D (but don't tell jelgate :P)

maaaaaaaaybe :D

I'll protect you, he bows to my every whim anyway. ;)

I agree, the secondary characters do some great work which is why I can't see Zelenka being killed off. He and Rodney bounce off each other and if Sam is leaving then they'll need someone to bounce with Rodney.... ok that sounded really wrong. :lol:

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM

I agree but there's a big difference between appearing in 4 eps and 43 eps imo. you said they exist to support the main cast. so who do you think has supported them more, Katie or Zelenka? I think the answer's obvious

Not really. It's complicated.

what isn't ;)

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
They killed Carson. No one is safe.
(Unless you're Keller, Carter, or Vega)

they'll need someone to bounce with Rodney.... ok that sounded really wrong. :lol:

I'll bounce off Rodney :D

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
I agree but there's a big difference between appearing in 4 eps and 43 eps imo. you said they exist to support the main cast. so who do you think has supported them more, Katie or Zelenka? I think the answer's obvious

Really?

It's not about how many times they appear, it's the way they interact. Katie was there to show Rodney's softer side, while Zelenka exists so McKay can bounce ideas and rant about how his scientific life is undermined by the incompetent people on his science team, of whom he can't even remember their names.

Reiko
March 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
It's not about how many times they appear, it's the way they interact. Katie was there to show Rodney's softer side, while Zelenka exists so McKay can bounce ideas and rant about how his scientific life is undermined by the incompetent people on his science team, of whom he can't even remember their names.

And, meanwhile, Keller ... *cues crickets*
(more proof I will diss Keller every 5 posts)

*pops out of thread*

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM

or Shep, Ronon, Teyla, Rodney, Woolsey...

Really?

yup

Zelenka has become much more than just the other scientist, proven by eps like Quarantine imo

And, meanwhile, Keller ... *cues crickets*
(more proof I will diss Keller every 5 posts)

*pops out of thread*

maybe this could be jelgate's sixth law :P

Pegasus_SGA
March 22nd, 2008, 04:41 PM

I'll bounce off Rodney :D
Dirty girl!! ;)

GoSpikey
March 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I agree, the secondary characters do some great work which is why I can't see Zelenka being killed off. He and Rodney bounce off each other and if Sam is leaving then they'll need someone to bounce with Rodney.... ok that sounded really wrong. :lol:

Nice one... :lol:

jelgate
March 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
I'll protect you, he bows to my every whim anyway. ;)

http://gobears.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/cubs-failure.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
March 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM

Vega, Keller and Carter are safe? WOOHOO!!! :D

...Someone's in a bouncing frame of mind ;) :P :D :lol:

Rosehawk
March 22nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
:o Ahhhhhh *hugs* I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I didn't like the joke on Zelenka, poor non pervy radek. But I can't see them killing him off. I think and don't quote me on this, but maybe he gets put through the ringer in one of the eps?

Here, have a geniune Zelenka Hug back! http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/Rosehawk/Smilie/zuzssmilies-ZelenkaBB.gif

I don't think tptb were trying to make Radek out to be a perv, more of an eccentric, it's just that it didn't come out that way! :S

Radek seems to be getting more whumpin as each season progress. He actually got it three times in S4 (if you count two seperate whumps in Quarantine) so maybe tptb are just trying to get him caught up in the whump factor in S5! :P

Zelenka's gonna get whumped, not killed in S5.

No, that sounded perfectly fine! :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see what Zelenka and McKay do to Woosley in S5 since they can definitely talk circles around Woosley.

KindlyKeller
March 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM

Sounds good to me. :)

JohnDuh
March 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Look at SG1 where they killed of just about everybody except a small core group. The message from the writers seems to be "Don't care about anyone on the show because we don't care about you". Humpf.

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Look at SG1 where they killed of just about everybody except a small core group. The message from the writers seems to be "Don't care about anyone on the show because we don't care about you". Humpf.

Atlantis isn't SG-1 ;)

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Atlantis isn't SG-1 ;)

It comes darn close these days...

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
It comes darn close these days...

really? huh. another galaxy, new enemies, different actors and eps...

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
another galaxy

Check!

new enemies

Semi-check for the wraith ... Replicators, not so much.

different actors

Semi-check ... guests popping up more often than not and some even stick around for too long

and eps...

Uncheck... re-using SG1-plots isn't exactly classifiable underneath "new"

Also... I knew you were going to answer, just like I am now to you. :p

Also, this might be ye OT.

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM

Only if you're deluded enough to think of those characters as your own. You like them? That's nice, but ultimately they're their characters, and they can do whatever they want with them. We're just along for the ride.

If you don't like the ride, then feel free to get off.

Semi-check ... guests popping up more often than not and some even stick around for too long

More often then not? Not really.

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
More often then not? Not really.

1. Carter ... sticks
2. McKay ... started out on SG1, TPTB thought he'd fit nicely in SGA
3. Weir ... different actress but still transfer to SGA ... was probably the idea to begin with
4. Teal'c ... comes on holiday, and can show his face on Earth once before (Reunion)
5. Daniel ... gets two times 42 minutes to claim the screen in the next season
6. Lorne ... originally in SG1, accidently transferred to SGA due to Kavan playing the part originally (not sure if his name was Lorne back in SG1)
7. Lee ... gets to tag along, doesn't get to stay but makes an appearance at least once more

Let's say that the bolded ones are more Atlantis, than SG1...but still original SG1. Can't really say this show was ever really separated from the original, was it?

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Semi-check for the wraith ... Replicators, not so much.

the Asurans are very different from the MW replicators (except for the fact that they're machines)

hm Weir appeared in SG-1 eps, Rodney too. in fact the s3 cast was in PP. I guess it's also a semi-check for SG-1 ;)

Uncheck... re-using SG1-plots isn't exactly classifiable underneath "new"

correct but this hasn't happened

Also... I knew you were going to answer, just like I am now to you. :p

and I knew you would answer :D

Also, this might be ye OT.

yup

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Let's say that the bolded ones are more Atlantis, than SG1...but still original SG1. Can't really say this show was ever really separated from the original, was it?

so? was it ever supposed to be seperated from SG-1?

Integrabyte
March 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
So Zelenka dies, what's new? :P

Jumper_One

not much except he won't die ;)

Falcon Horus
the Asurans are very different from the MW replicators (except for the fact that they're machines)

You call them Asurans, but they look like replicators, they talk like replicators, they replicate like replicators (maybe a little bit more advanced that the MW versions) which is every indication they are replicators. Hell,they even call them replicators and they can kill them, dust them, with the same methods as the MW ones. I don't see the difference.

The only difference MW Reps were created by Reece, who was a machine of which we never found out what race had build her. PG Reps were a failed experiment of the Ancients.

correct but this hasn't happened

Deja-vu ... I'd say it has. A point where we disagree no matter what.

so? was it ever supposed to be seperated from SG-1?

I thought it was supposed to be separate, now that I think about it... It never really did... it has always been a refuge for those SG1 rejects.

Integrabyte
March 23rd, 2008, 03:42 PM

That is what we thought about Elizabeth :P. From what I saw so far in SGA Lizzie>Zelenka :P

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
1. Carter ... sticks
2. McKay ... started out on SG1, TPTB thought he'd fit nicely in SGA
3. Weir ... different actress but still transfer to SGA ... was probably the idea to begin with
4. Teal'c ... comes on holiday, and can show his face on Earth once before (Reunion)
5. Daniel ... gets two times 42 minutes to claim the screen in the next season
6. Lorne ... originally in SG1, accidently transferred to SGA due to Kavan playing the part originally (not sure if his name was Lorne back in SG1)
7. Lee ... gets to tag along, doesn't get to stay but makes an appearance at least once more

Well, it's a spinoff...

Totalling all those appearences up (minus Weir, McKay, and Lorne, since they came to their own on Atlantis and were nothing but recurring or 1-shots on SG1), they're still less than half. So no, not "more often than not".

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
You call them Asurans, but they look like replicators, they talk like replicators, they replicate like replicators (maybe a little bit more advanced that the MW versions) which is every indication they are replicators. Hell,they even call them replicators and they can kill them, dust them, with the same methods as the MW ones. I don't see the difference.

The only difference MW Reps were created by Reece, who was a machine of which we never found out what race had build her. PG Reps were a failed experiment of the Ancients.

of course they're replicators but their origin and purpose (you might call it goal) is different

Deja-vu ... I'd say it has. A point where we disagree no matter what.

yup we'll just have to agree to disagree :)

I thought it was supposed to be separate, now that I think about it... It never really did... it has always been a refuge for those SG1 rejects.

IDK if it was supposed to be seperate but I do enjoy the occasional visit from someone in the MW and vice versa

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM

Nothing new... as per usual...

Yeah, I distinctly remember they said the same about Beckett. Look, how that turned out.

Well, it's a spinoff...

Which is no reason to have all your originals showing up all the time... Oh wait, I can't say all the time cause that's not what they do. Once in a while maybe...certainly not taking any screentime away... it's all good for the story right...

...they're still less than half. So no, not "more often than not".

But still too often... :)

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
That is what we thought about Elizabeth :P.

who's we? ;)

From what I saw so far in SGA Lizzie>Zelenka :P

what do you mean? popularity? appearences?

Well, it's a spinoff...

YES thank you!!!

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
YES thank you!!!

So are all the CSI's and you hardly ever find them crossing over to each other's program. So far I think I caught them crossing CSI:New York (which I don't watch) and CSI: Miami (which I do watch) maybe once, in which the story was concluded in the NY.

Integrabyte
March 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
who's we? ;)

My dog and I :mckay:

what do you mean? popularity? appearences?

Everything...Zelenka is a backup singer so I will not be surprised when he disappears like FORD :P

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I distinctly remember they said the same about Beckett. Look, how that turned out.

they? TBTB? who and when? ;)

So are all the CSI's and you hardly ever find them crossing over to each other's program. So far I think I caught them crossing CSI:New York (which I don't watch) and CSI: Miami (which I do watch) maybe once, in which the story was concluded in the NY.

yup that was CSI Miami: Felony Flight and CSI NY: Manhattan Manhunt

Everything...Zelenka is a backup singer so I will not be surprised when he disappears like FORD :P

good for you. I won't be surprised if he'll be ok ;)

Rosehawk
March 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Can we get back on topic about Zelenka in S5!:D
These other discussions are great and I love reading about them but we've gotten way off topic for this thread!

I'm with you Jumper_One, I think Zelenka's gonna be around for awhile, though I am guessing he's gonna get whumped! :)

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm with you Jumper_One, I think Zelenka's gonna be around for awhile, though I am guessing he's gonna get whumped! :)

yeah I think TBTB realize what a great character he is and how much the fans like him. I'm sure we'll see a lot of him in s5 :)

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
yeah I think TBTB realize what a great character he is and how much the fans like him. I'm sure we'll see a lot of him in s5 :)

All the more reason to kill him... :mckay: ... Shock value and all...

Bagpuss
March 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Here's hoping he doesn't get offed.:)
I'll worry about Radek's survival ,once there's the need for it.

On a shallow note ,I'm ok with him getting some whumpage .Why should Shep get all the hurt and comfort ? :D

jelgate
March 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
If they kill off Zelenka, I'll eat my shoe.

Bagpuss
March 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
If they kill off Zelenka,I'll eat my Ma-In-law's Brussel sprouts ! :eek:

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
If they kill off Zelenka,I'll eat my Ma-In-law's Brussel sprouts ! :eek:

IMHO, worse than the shoe. :p

jelgate
March 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM

I like brussel sprouts
http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicago_rachelle/2006_10_brussel_sprouts_bef.jpg
But in seriousness, I highly doubt that TPTB will kill off Zelenka unless he doesn't want to do the show anymore

Pegasus_SGA
March 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
I like brussel sprouts
http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicago_rachelle/2006_10_brussel_sprouts_bef.jpg
But in seriousness, I highly doubt that TPTB will kill off Zelenka unless he doesn't want to do the show anymore
Agreed, I just can't see it at all. Was this brought about just because of JM's comments? I don't know if I can cope with another save campaign. :lol:

And eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww Brussel sprouts are up there with the food that should never be mentioned in my company. :shivers:

Bagpuss
March 23rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I agree,jelgate.:)

(I like sprouts,just not the yellow,squishy things she serves up,lol ! If we're proved wrong eventually,I'll live to regret that promise ! :S)

I think you could be right ! :D

Sorry for all the mentions about sprouts Pegasus SGA ! :D

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
All the more reason to kill him... :mckay: ... Shock value and all...

it didn't work last time so why do it again? btw that decision wasn't made by the current showrunners ;)

Here's hoping he doesn't get offed.:)
I'll worry about Radek's survival ,once there's the need for it.

On a shallow note ,I'm ok with him getting some whumpage .Why should Shep get all the hurt and comfort ? :D

me too :P

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
it didn't work last time so why do it again? btw that decision wasn't made by the current showrunners ;)

Maybe this set is convinced they can pull it off... as you said, different show runners.

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well I just wrote out this whole reply about how this is a drama series and characters will be lost, killed, or forever changed and it was deleted by me accidently. LOL! :p Anyway, because it's SCI FI they can return through clever science fiction story arcs like Cloning.

So, if the powers that be, decided to snap their fingers and bring back all the killed off characters for next season how would people feel?

How about they make Weir return in Season 6 as the leader of Atlantis. I bet everyone in this forum will be happy? Right?

Zelenka is not going anywhere. So you can put those ladder of deaths back into the storage room and wait till they get to Ronon and kill him off. :p

Pegasus_SGA
March 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Well I just wrote out this whole reply about how this is a drama series and characters will be lost, killed, or forever changed and it was deleted by me accidently. LOL! :p Anyway, because it's SCI FI they can return through clever science fiction story arcs like Cloning.

So, if the powers that be, decided to snap their fingers and bring back all the killed off characters for next season how would people feel?

How about they make Weir return in Season 6 as the leader of Atlantis. I bet everyone in this forum will be happy? Right?

Zelenka is not going anywhere. So you can put those ladder of deaths back into the storage room and wait till they get to Ronon and kill him off. :p
Personally I wouldn't like it, you'd lose all the jeopardy. Dead should be dead. I don't mind AU's with lost peeps, but when you bring back every character that's died, for me it starts to lose credibility. Just my 2 cents.

Oh left you a message, babe. :D

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Personally I wouldn't like it, you'd lose all the jeopardy. Dead should be dead. I don't mind AU's with lost peeps, but when you bring back every character that's died, for me it starts to lose credibility. Just my 2 cents.

Oh left you a message, babe. :D

LOL, thanks for the comment, I think PG15 made it. He knows that I have a good knowledge with the ratings and DVR since I have made a few connections in the ratings department. :p

I agree with you, but if they come back in a clever interesting way. Like Carson. Now with Zelenka, I just do not see him being killed off. It would not make sense, imo. Well Carson did not make sense either, but they did bring him back in some form. I loved how they brought him back. :p

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
What's this about me? Are you guys talking about the "Brian signal" pic? If so, I didn't make it, I just stole it, like a normal netizen.

Rosehawk
March 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM

I hope we see alot of him in S5. I always hold my breath until David updates his blog with how many episodes he is in.
Zelenka is a good character and he really works well with all the other characters on the show.

All the more reason to kill him... ... Shock value and all...
If anything Zelenka has more to worry about when the series draws to a close - kind of like what they did with Janet in SG1.

Humm, I've never tried brussel sprouts, whats the best way to cook them? :D

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
What's this about me? Are you guys talking about the "Brian signal" pic? If so, I didn't make it, I just stole it, like a normal netizen.

Yup that pic! :p

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I know you guys so well. ;)

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
I know you guys so well. ;)

Hey, I am just happy that the "Live" ratings are up through the roof! Screw DVR! :lol:

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hey, I am just happy that the "Live" ratings are up through the roof! Screw DVR! :lol:

:eek::eek::eek:
:lol:

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
And so it was, that Briangate78 said...

Screw DVR! :lol:

...and the world was ended.

:p

jelgate
March 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
FoXz has finally succeed in creating Ragnarock

Fenrir Foxz
March 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
FoXz has finally succeed in creating Ragnarok

:eek: What have I done? :P

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Zelenka shall not thou be killed for Season 5! :p

There it's been railed. ;)

Fenrir Foxz
March 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Derailed yet another thread.

:lol: I blame the jelgate, He should never have started FoXz hunting then there would have been no need to call forth Raganarok :P

Reiko
March 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM

Ouch. Sounds like deja vu to me :rolleyes:

Shock value and all...

Yep. Their using the traditional Saw/horror-movie formula: the death and gore must escalate while the audience becomes jaded.

This is how serial killers get started, y'know ;)

Leather can actually be tasty :P

Repli!kat
March 23rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Derailed yet another thread.

;)
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/sicucowgirls/derail.gif

Reiko
March 24th, 2008, 03:24 PM
.: Okay. Back on topic.

.: I actually think Lorne will go before Zelenka, which scares me just as much. :S

Briangate78
March 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM

.: I actually think Lorne will go before Zelenka, which scares me just as much. :S

I think both of these characters are safe this season. Zelenka has a nice role in season 4 and was in the majority of the episodes and even had some focus parts. They tried the ratings game by killing off Carson, which was the worst move ever by the entire Franchise, imo. Well the show did better with Carson's return. So why make the same mistake twice?

timtonruben359
March 25th, 2008, 12:20 PM

I'm thinking they would kill of Lorne before Zelenka that being said, Stargate Solutions has Zelenka in Ghost in the Machine (episode 5) and Lorne in Broken Ties (Episode 3). I'm pretty sure Kavan Smith (Lorne) said he'll be in a number of episodes this year. JM has stated they're trying to build up more of a support cast since they killed a number of them off last year.

The writers have been a little nuts killing people off on Atlantis I mean 3 main characters, and a number of supporting characters. I am hoping the cast will stay fairly stable this year and if there is a season 6. That's what made SG-1 so great was the fact the cast stayed the same for 7 years and they managed to build up great chemistry and grow their characters. I think on SGA we’ve seen the writers get rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of them.

Integrabyte
March 25th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Wonder how Zelenka will die :P. Prolly running some errand for McShep :P

Briangate78
March 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking they would kill of Lorne before Zelenka that being said, Stargate Solutions has Zelenka in Ghost in the Machine (episode 5) and Lorne in Broken Ties (Episode 3). I'm pretty sure Kavan Smith (Lorne) said he'll be in a number of episodes this year. JM has stated they're trying to build up more of a support cast since they killed a number of them off last year.

The writers have been a little nuts killing people off on Atlantis I mean 3 main characters, and a number of supporting characters. I am hoping the cast will stay fairly stable this year and if there is a season 6. That's what made SG-1 so great was the fact the cast stayed the same for 7 years and they managed to build up great chemistry and grow their characters. I think on SGA we’ve seen the writers get rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of them.

Well Ford needed to go, he was such a bland character. Carson has returned so, the only regrets I have is Weir. She was a great character, but I guess they felt they could take a risk with it, and I think for Season 4 it went very well. Too bad it will end so much potential and opportunity, imo. :S

Wonder how Zelenka will die :P. Prolly running some errand for McShep :P

Nah, he'll fall through the vent duct overlooking the woman's showers! :p Kidding! I like Zelenka! :D

SpelCzech
March 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Nah, he'll fall through the vent duct overlooking the woman's showers! :p Kidding! I like Zelenka! :D

So glad you are just kidding! :)
But Zelenka can share my shower anytime...;)

timtonruben359
March 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Well Ford needed to go, he was such a bland character. Carson has returned so, the only regrets I have is Weir. She was a great character, but I guess they felt they could take a risk with it, and I think for Season 4 it went very well. Too bad it will end so much potential and opportunity, imo. :S

I agree with your comments on Weir. I wasn't actually a fan of the character until after This Mortal Coil...I just miss the chemistry she had with the other characters like Sheppard and McKay.

Jumper_One
March 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I think both of these characters are safe this season. Zelenka has a nice role in season 4 and was in the majority of the episodes and even had some focus parts. They tried the ratings game by killing off Carson, which was the worst move ever by the entire Franchise, imo. Well the show did better with Carson's return. So why make the same mistake twice?

yup! also that decision was made by different PTB ;)

Atlantis1
March 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone. I was intrigued by the last time we saw Weir. I am hoping they will bring her brack for some episodes.

Jumper_One
March 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone.

I agree and that's also the reason he'll be imo

I was intrigued by the last time we saw Weir. I am hoping they will bring her brack for some episodes.

TH turned down the offer to appear in s5. instead we'll see a somewhat different Weir in GitM ;)

Reiko
March 25th, 2008, 07:16 PM

.: With your comment on SG-1, I wished the PTB had kept the S2-S3 cast together at least until that time or an actor wanted off. The super sexy six had too great of chemistry together and now it's all out of whack.

.: The "shock value" ploys - as you said, getting rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of characters is just lame. If you get rid of a character, either do it effectively (PTB tend to be impotent at that), or kill someone majority audience hates (*cough*Keller*cough*)

timtonruben359
March 27th, 2008, 07:30 AM
.: The "shock value" ploys - as you said, getting rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of characters is just lame. If you get rid of a character, either do it effectively (PTB tend to be impotent at that), or kill someone majority audience hates (*cough*Keller*cough*)

Well based on Stargate's history, medical doctors seem to get the axe so Keller has the odds against her ;).

Reiko
March 27th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Well based on Stargate's history, medical doctors seem to get the axe so Keller has the odds against her ;).

.: But she has assets (if you catch my meaning) and is under 30. And the PTB love her.

.: Thats when the odds fly out the window :P

Rosehawk
March 27th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone.

They've been having some fun with Zelenka in S3 and S4. I really think it will continue in S5. Zelenka works so well with all the other characters.

tombombadil
March 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM
WHAT!!! NO!!! RADEK CAN'T DIE!!:zelenkaanime07:
and if he does. the fan campaign t revive him will be larger than all the others combined!