Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw I Am Legend (Or was it Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I can't tell...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw I Am Legend (Or was it Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I can't tell...)

'Cause ya see, all the ANIMATION in I Am Legend made me feel like I was watchin' the Loony Toons or something. A terrific performance from Will Smith wasted in a flick with a lacking script & 'toons from hell.
    And how are these 'infected' four times stronger that regular humans? I mean, sick with virus...HELLO!!
    Anyway, I SAW 28 Days Later, already.

Man, The Omega Man was WAAAAAY better, IMO.

Mathesonfanisall
    Late to the Gate

The virus increased their blood flow and increased their muscle mass.

Your one of the only people that didn't like the movie.

The CGI was not over the top, but a few things like the huge mouths on the dark seekers could not of been added.

I thought it was a great movie. I seen it in theaters and I own the dvd.
    Visit my Website

Comment

I have to agree with Chrisisall in the fact that I didn't like the movie either. And judging by several message boards I frequent where the film has been discussed, I'm not in a minority.

People are not complaining about the overuse of CGI though. Most people are pointing out that the CGI just isn't of high enough quality. The general feeling is that if the CGI is not good enough then just don't use it and rely on actors instead. I felt it was one of those rare cases where the poor CGI does detract from the overall experience.

I'm glad there are people out there though that do like the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
        'Man, The Omega Man was WAAAAAY better, IMO.
        I wholeheartedly agree. The Omega Man is a better film (definetly worth renting if you have never seen it). That being said I Am Legend was not bad, it's quite entertaining. I'm not that much of a Will Smith fan, but he was excellent in his role.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          The virus increased their blood flow and increased their muscle mass.
          No...no...I refuse to go on a 'scientific realism' rant right now...I am in control of myself...in...control...

Mumisall
          Late to the Gate

Comment

I hate it when people over criticize movies and tv series because some of the math doesn't add up or that cant happen in the real world. If I wanted to watch a real scientific show about super humans I would watch the discovery channel.

Why cant people enjoy movies for what they are....entertainment.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed the film. Yeah, it could have been better in certain areas. But, all movies are like that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Your one of the only people that didn't like the movie.
                Holy grandiose overstatement, batman. The fact that this movie made some money is hardly indicative of how many people actually liked it.

I watched this movie with five of my friends who were all also looking forward to it. We all walked away disappointed.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Count me among those dissapointed as well. The ending was particularly bad for me, felt like there was a missing reel or something with the way it just jumped to "oh hey, we're here". There is an alternate ending online that, while much better, still doesn't really do enough to save what is basically just another zombie/vampire movie jammed with second rate CGI.

Comment

I hate it when people over criticize movies and tv series because some of the math doesn't add up or that cant happen in the real world.
                    Why cant people enjoy movies for what they are....entertainment.
                    If you'd read the book upon which the movie is based, you'd find that the infected were vampyric in nature, slow, feeble...on the edge of death, kept going by the virus only, and dangerous mainly because of their numbers (yeah, Romero stole these concepts for his 'Dead' movies...), a much more reasonable take than having peeps bein' sick near to death with super-human powers...

Hey- how about I re-make Jaws, but I'll make the shark a freak of evolution- able to fly & attack peeps on the ground in cities...then I'll ask ManiacMike why he can't just enjoy a movie without criticizing it...

OmegaManfanisall
                    Late to the Gate

Comment

I hate it when people over criticize movies and tv series because some of the math doesn't add up or that cant happen in the real world.
                      I hate it when scifi writers can't do elementary school level math and science or even basic logic without screwing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
                        If you'd read the book upon which the movie is based, you'd find that the infected were vampyric in nature, slow, feeble...on the edge of death, kept going by the virus only, and dangerous mainly because of their numbers (yeah, Romero stole these concepts for his 'Dead' movies...), a much more reasonable take than having peeps bein' sick near to death with super-human powers...

Hey- how about I re-make Jaws, but I'll make the shark a freak of evolution- able to fly & attack peeps on the ground in cities...then I'll ask ManiacMike why he can't just enjoy a movie without criticizing it...

OmegaManfanisall
                        I guess you never seen Deep Blue Sea

I wouldn't say Romero stole the ideas of this because this was clearly a vampire story (book and movies) and Matheson said so himself. This was the beginning of the post apocalyptic type that Romero and many other directors have admitted to using as reference.

"a much more reasonable take than having peeps bein' sick near to death with [I]super-human powers..."

Funny I read the novel too and thats what my take on the vampires in that story was too.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

My response to I am Legend is "meh."

If I didn't know about The Omega Man, and if I had never seen I 28 Days Later, I might have liked the film more. Will Smith did a great job, and the film was interesting; however, the CGI was bad, and the infected looked like something leftover from Skiffy's disaster movies.

I also didn't like the number of glitches. Now, I'm not a science and math person, so I could care less about perfect accuracy, but I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

For example, the main character is hunting deer in the city. Ok. However, where do these deer sleep at night? Do they have lights and guns too? Because with the number of infected in the city, the deer should have all been dead.

Or the lions, which were truly bad. New York is a colder climate, and if three years have passed since the illness took out society, then these lions have been living in a state with lots of snow for quite awhile. Not likely.

The alternate ending is also just bad. It tries to turn a futuristic discussion of illness, society, and humanity into a family film.

Just my thoughts
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Funny I read the novel too and thats what my take on the vampires in that story was too.
                            Then you remember the infected guy that jumped from a lamp post that broke every bone in his body & couldn't walk after...hmmmm. And the hordes led by Cort that couldn't get through Neville's front door even though it was only secured with boards & dead bolts...hmmmmm.

Must have been a long time ago y'all read it....hmmmmm?

isall
                            Late to the Gate

Comment

the problem is, the only similarity with the book is the main character's name... i would have prefered it if they called it "the infected" or something like that, and didn't call Will Smith's character Robert Neville.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X