Building a Stargate Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a Stargate Replica

I'm thinking of building my personal Stargate replica. Can any one tell me what the dimensions of the Stargate are? I mean the diameter of the 'gate, the thickness, and the width of the Ring. I want to build it to scale if I can't build it to actual size.

Sebs

maybe you should just steal it all you need is an alkesh and some idiot crew flunkees
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Omega_Alpha View Post
      I'm thinking of building my personal Stargate replica. Can any one tell me what the dimensions of the Stargate are? I mean the diameter of the 'gate, the thickness, and the width of the Ring. I want to build it to scale if I can't build it to actual size.

Sebs
      I read that when making a full scale gate the prop guys made it 22 feet (6.7 m) in diameter and they are made of steel and fiberglass.
      Hope this helps. I think it will look cool once you build it.
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
        I read that when making a full scale gate the prop guys made it 22 feet (6.7 m) in diameter and they are made of steel and fiberglass.
        Hope this helps. I think it will look cool once you build it.
        Thanks, I'm hoping it will work out. I'm thinking of using wood, And paint it to make it look like the real thing. But maybe I'll start with a 1:10 scale model, then build a 1:2 scale replica.

Comment

I always wanted a stargate as the front door to my house lol.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Omega_Alpha View Post
            Thanks, I'm hoping it will work out. I'm thinking of using wood, And paint it to make it look like the real thing. But maybe I'll start with a 1:10 scale model, then build a 1:2 scale replica.
            I think you'll need a lot of free time, but it would be worth it if you make a good replica. Post pics when your done.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
            X