PDA

View Full Version : Tapping to be in more episodes season five

atfan
March 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM
In this new interview, she states that she will be appearing in some more episodes at the 2nd part of the season. It will be interesting to see what role she will be playing and if she ends up accompanying Dr. Jackson (Michael Shanks) when he visits Atlantis. Discuss.

Here is the link to the interview.
http://scifi.about.com/od/tvshowsaz/a/SciFi08upfronts.htm

GoSpikey
March 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I kinda like seeing her in Atlantis, even though I haven't seen the early season 4 eps yet. But she did a great job in the latter part! Atlantis being in military hands is logical, after all, they're getting attacked...

It's going to hell when the IOA takes over... Shep and Woolsey are prolly not going to agree with each other at all... :D

Maybe Sam is flying a new ship in? She deserves it.

Jumper_One
March 19th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Regarding her reduced involvement in season 5 of Atlantis, Tapping said she didn't know how many episodes she was in this year: she filmed the start of the season with the Atltantis crew, then switched over this month to the 13-episode run in front of the green screens with Sanctuary. Once she's done there she returns to Atlantis to film at least part of the end of season 5.
I certainly hope she'll be in more eps in s5. maybe she leaves in S&R and her second ep's in the back half? please let me be wrong!

GoSpikey
March 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I certainly hope she'll be in more eps in s5. maybe she leaves in S&R and her second ep's in the back half? please let me be wrong!

Imagine your commander running home when half the team are missing and you have funny looking Hybrids running around trying to kill them.

Nice moment to leave... Her leaving had better be in the second ep... It would even be silly to announce her leaving at the end of the first ep!

SGFerrit
March 19th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Yay! I'm very happy that she will feature at the end of the season:)

I'm hoping that she has two episodes at the start of the season (when Joe said they had her "locked in for two episodes with the possibility of more'' a while ago, I don't think they had any second half episodes completed to the stage where they could start 'locking in' characters. I hope she makes atleast a brief appearance in the mid-season two parter, and because Sanctuary could possibly be done by then, I hope she features quite heavily at the end of the season.

Skydiver
March 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
that's how i'm thinking it is. she's in 2 episodes, search and rescue, then one at the end

anything else has yet to be confirmed or signed in anyway

Briangate78
March 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Well "Sanctuary" is only 13 eps and mostly filmed with a green screen. So that would make the production and shooting go very fast. She'll be available when the 2nd half of Atlantis begins. Remember SG crew takes a break in the middle.

Skydiver
March 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM
they do. but my gut is that the show will move on without her and bringing sam back will be seen as ertreading the past too much

Personally? i doubt she'll get another episode. the show will go on and they have new characters to play with. I'd love it if they prove me wrong...but with these PTB, 'out of sight, out of mind' seems to be par for the course. the show will move on without her

the fifth man
March 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'm really hoping that Carter is in more than just 2 episodes next season.

Buck32
March 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM
In this new interview, she states that she will be appearing in some more episodes at the 2nd part of the season. It will be interesting to see what role she will be playing and if she ends up accompanying Dr. Jackson (Michael Shanks) when he visits Atlantis. Discuss.

If this is ture i hope she used a lot better than she was in season 4 where she was a talking head and nothing more. Personally if her character isn't used to it's full potential i'd rather she wasn't there.

Fenrir Foxz
March 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I'm really hoping that Carter is in more than just 2 episodes next season.

Yup, that would be great :D

jz9
March 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
that's how i'm thinking it is. she's in 2 episodes, search and rescue, then one at the end

I thought she would be in two at the beginning. And then some more at the end. So she is in only 2? What a disappointment!

jz9
March 19th, 2008, 11:54 PM

I don't think she will be accompanying Dr. Jackson since he will be appearing in the mid-season two parter, while she bookends the season.

helenmagnus23
March 20th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by atfan

That's great new's Sam is still in Atlantis i'm so happy WOOHOO !
I wonder if a certain General will be joining her ;)

AMANDA SO TOTALY ROCKS !

Egle01
March 20th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I soooo hope she's going to appear more than just 2 eps. She's the reason I'm watching SGA. :samanime20:

YutheGreat
March 20th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Well we need to see how she will exit Atlantis now don't we? Hopefully the two episodes won't be simillar to Wier exit. We know how that ended. I want to see her go out with a bang just not as permanently. Don't you?

jasminaGo
March 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Well we need to see how she will exit Atlantis now don't we? Hopefully the two episodes won't be simillar to Wier exit. We know how that ended. I want to see her go out with a bang just not as permanently. Don't you?

I most certainly do :D

FoolishPleasure
March 20th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Well "Sanctuary" is only 13 eps and mostly filmed with a green screen. So that would make the production and shooting go very fast. She'll be available when the 2nd half of Atlantis begins. Remember SG crew takes a break in the middle.

Amanda is working producer as well as star, so she will be involved in post production, which will take longer than normal because of the heavy computer effects work. My guess is she won't have much time to do much more than one extra SGA episode.

Frankly, I don't know why they call this SGA anymore. They need to rename it Atlantis-SG1. The SGA I loved doesn't exist anymore.

jenks
March 20th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Ironically the SGA you loved was more like SG-1 than this...

Briangate78
March 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Frankly, I don't know why they call this SGA anymore. They need to rename it Atlantis-SG1. The SGA I loved doesn't exist anymore.

I rather have Tapping just guest star. But as per your above statement, Atlantis for Season 5 will have no SG-1 cast on full-time and the line-up is similar to a Season 2/3 line-up since Carson Beckett is back for at least a recurring role. So it will feel more like classic Atlantis with Beckett around, oh and the 4 team members are still there from Sheppard team, along with Zelenka and Lorne. So it still is Atlantis to me.

Briangate78
March 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Ironically the SGA you loved was more like SG-1 than this...

SGA being like SG-1 sounds like a bad thing. :p I mean Atlantis is it's own show with it's own characters but it is heavily influenced by SG-1! Why do you think it is so successful? ;)

The Carter on Atlantis has been different than the Carter on SG-1, which I guess is good or bad depending how you look at it. :S

I miss the Carter from SG-1 and we only got a few eps on Atlantis with the classic Carter. Still, it was good they wrote her differently but was just not my cup of tea. I think Woolsey is going to be great next season.

jelgate
March 20th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Kind of like how O'Neil was different in S8. I think its being put in command.

Briangate78
March 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Kind of like how O'Neil was different in S8. I think its being put in command.

That is exactly it. I did not hate it, it was acceptable to me, but felt it could of been better. I liked seeing O'neill still on the show, but I missed the "Colonel" O'neill. Carter is like in the same boat with Atlantis. It's not bad but it's not the best to me. I think there was so much happening with the Atlantis characters like Weir's departure, and Carson's return we did not really think too much about the leadership role. Carter was there and she just did her job.

Skydiver
March 20th, 2008, 10:12 AM
and the topic is 'tapping in more than 2 eps in s5' not 'my dissertation on the show's history'

jelgate
March 20th, 2008, 10:14 AM
and the topic is 'tapping in more than 2 eps in s5' not 'my dissertation on the show's history'

Darn, I have angered the mods again. I am a failuer:thoranime01:

Fenrir Foxz
March 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Darn, I have angered the mods again. I am a failuer:thoranime01:

I agree, even at spelling failure :P

...I would really like to see more Sam in the back half of S5, maybe if the Phoenix is introduced she can be the ships commander :D

jelgate
March 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Now you know why I perfer math and science. Plus I never check my typing before I post.

Lets see a Sam/Woosley fight.

Fenrir Foxz
March 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Now you know why I perfer math and science. Plus I never check my typing before I post.

Yeah, if I forget to read through a post before submitting it to the thread more times than not it will have a spelling mistake in it...

...A Sam/Woolsey fight? that would be cool, obviously Sam would win :D

atfan
March 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Amanda is working producer as well as star, so she will be involved in post production, which will take longer than normal because of the heavy computer effects work. My guess is she won't have much time to do much more than one extra SGA episode.

I disagree she will be busy but I think maybe not so much in post production
She wouldn't have mentioned it if she wasn't already planning on it. My guess is at least two episodes maybe more

Why do you say that ? Every show changes characters sometimes. Woolsey has appeared on both shows but I don't consider him a main player or cast member I think he appeared maybe twice on SG-1 Carter was from SG-1 but she is no longer going to be part of the regular cast.

atfan
March 20th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, if I forget to read through a post before submitting it to the thread more times than not it will have a spelling mistake in it...

lol it would be cool

I want to see a Carter Magnus fight which Amanda has said Magnus would win if she was wearing her stilletos but hand to hand Carter. Woosley vs. Carter -- Carter will wipe the floor with him no contest but it would be funny.

GoSpikey
March 20th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Why do you say that ? Every show changes characters sometimes. Woolsey has appeared on both shows but I don't consider him a main player or cast member I think he appeared maybe twice on SG-1 Carter was from SG-1 but she is no longer going to be part of the regular cast.

Next thing you know, people will start to complain about the fact they use Stargates in there, too... The shock.

Or how they dared to show a red chevronned Stargate in Midway... :S

Either way, I like Amanda on the show, so more eps is merrier. And it's about time Daniel Jackson got to play with that database, or whatever he's going to be doing there!

Fenrir Foxz
March 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
lol it would be cool
I want to see a Carter Magnus fight which Amanda has said Magnus would win if she was wearing her stilletos but hand to hand Carter. Woosley vs. Carter -- Carter will wipe the floor with him no contest but it would be funny.

I think a fight between Carter and Woolsey (If you could call it a fight :P) would be a 1 punch wonder :D

Briangate78
March 20th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I think a fight between Carter and Woolsey (If you could call it a fight :P) would be a 1 punch wonder :D

My money is on Carter. :p Maybe Season 5 will have an episode called "Battle for Leadership of Atlantis" :p

Fenrir Foxz
March 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM
My money is on Carter. :p Maybe Season 5 will have an episode called "Battle for Leadership of Atlantis" :p

Yeah that's what I mean, Carter would only have to punch Woolsey once and it would be over :P

...That would be an amusing ep :cool:

GoSpikey
March 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah that's what I mean, Carter would only have to punch Woolsey once and it would be over :P

Just imagine what kind of frustration it'll give when she's gone, and Sheppard has to deal with Woolsey! I'm hoping none of those mission rapports will be the original story! Aka: 'everything went fine!' *shiftyeyes*

:lol:

Sam's gonna be missed.

jasminaGo
March 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Just imagine what kind of frustration it'll give when she's gone, and Sheppard has to deal with Woolsey! I'm hoping none of those mission rapports will be the original story! Aka: 'everything went fine!' *shiftyeyes*

Sam's gonna be missed.

:indeed: to both :D

Fenrir Foxz
March 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Sam's gonna be missed.

:indeed: Sam is going to be missed and I think that feeling will be felt by everyone in Atlantis once Woolsey takes charge :P

Jumper_One
March 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM

hahaha that's ridiculous! :P

of course Sam would win! :D:D:D

Next thing you know, people will start to complain about the fact they use Stargates in there, too... The shock.

Or how they dared to show a red chevronned Stargate in Midway... :S

:eek:

Either way, I like Amanda on the show, so more eps is merrier. And it's about time Daniel Jackson got to play with that database, or whatever he's going to be doing there!

:indeed:

I'll make sure to ask Joe :P

:indeed: Sam is going to be missed and I think that feeling will be felt by everyone in Atlantis once Woolsey takes charge :P

oh definitely! I think especially Shep will miss it, at least in the first few eps

Jumper_One
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
from JM's blog

Masterchief writes: “ I read an article about Amanda Tapping’s involvement in season 5. remember a few weeks ago when I asked you about her? you said she’ll definitely be back. according to this interview she “returns to Atlantis to film at least part of the end of season 5?. “

Answer: Carter will be in Search and Rescue and is definitely slated for an episode in the back half. Any further appearances will be wholly dependent on Amanda’s schedule.

Killdeer
March 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I was just about to post that Jumper. :)

You're a good guesser, Sky! I thought for sure the two episodes would be at the beginning - one showing her leaving, and one explaining why. Now I'm a little confused. Are they just going to show her walking through the gate and that's it? :confused:

helenmagnus23
March 21st, 2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by FenRiR FoXz

...A Sam/Woolsey fight? that would be cool, obviously Sam would win

I'd love to see that :samanime15: Sam would definaitly mop the floor with him lol:cool:

I think with Sam no longer being the commander of Atlantis everyone in Atlantis is going to find it realy hard having someone from the IOA in command i think over the coarse of the season Sheppards team have warmed upto Sam except McKay was already pritty close to Sam so i believe with Woolsey having commaned of Atlantis Shepperd and his team are not going to trust Woolsey and things between them will be very hostile and they will want Sam back :) just a thought

Originally Posted by Briangate78
My money is on Carter. Maybe Season 5 will have an episode called ''Battle for Leadership of Atlantis"

Great title :cool:

GoSpikey
March 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
I was just about to post that Jumper. :)

You're a good guesser, Sky! I thought for sure the two episodes would be at the beginning - one showing her leaving, and one explaining why. Now I'm a little confused. Are they just going to show her walking through the gate and that's it? :confused:

Argh! How can you leave at a time like that? So it should be a very action packed episode, and then she just happens to mention she's leaving and that Woolsey might be taking over, or something alike? That'll make the fun-ness of the episode fade away pretty fast, like blood draining from your face? :(

Great timing. Especially after Midway, where she said 'I kinda like it here' if I remember correctly.

But in general it's of course a good choice for Amanda, doing something else for a bit, not Carter, again... :)

atfan
March 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Argh! How can you leave at a time like that? So it should be a very action packed episode, and then she just happens to mention she's leaving and that Woolsey might be taking over, or something alike? That'll make the fun-ness of the episode fade away pretty fast, like blood draining from your face? :(

Great timing. Especially after Midway, where she said 'I kinda like it here' if I remember correctly.

But in general it's of course a good choice for Amanda, doing something else for a bit, not Carter, again... :)

I think she is planning on more than one. Two at least besides the first 2 she has already shot. 4 would be good or more even depending of course on what Carter actually does now (after not being commander)

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
I think she is planning on more than one. Two at least besides the first 2 she has already shot. 4 would be good or more even depending of course on what Carter actually does now (after not being commander)

4 would be awesome but I'm already glad that we get to see her in the back half. also Joe mentioned that there are four slots remaining and apparently they have an idea for one ep. that leaves three

Killdeer
March 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM

I don't think she's filmed two already. I think she's only filmed one - Search and Rescue.

...when I read the press release saying I'd be doing several episodes I was quite thrilled. So far I'm doing one off the top, which explains Carter leaving the show.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/more_from_tapping_on_iatlantisi_.shtml

Carter will be in Search and Rescue and is definitely slated for an episode in the back half. Any further appearances will be wholly dependent on Amanda’s schedule.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/march-20-2008-destructo-in-the-drivers-seat-bloopers-in-peril/

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't think she's filmed two already. I think she's only filmed one - Search and Rescue.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/more_from_tapping_on_iatlantisi_.shtml

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/march-20-2008-destructo-in-the-drivers-seat-bloopers-in-peril/

yup she's only filmed one

atfan
March 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
yup she's only filmed one
my mistake I thought search was a two parter but I guess Last Man is considered the first part?

It sounds like she wants to do a recurring guest spot on Atlantis which would be cool. Also wouldn't so wierd to see her in the movies should more happen which I hope they do. I bought my copy of AOT so we will have to see. It seems like it is selling well which should lead to more movies.

I also read somewhere that they are talking to RDA about being in the third movie does anyone else know anything about this? I can remember exactly where I read it.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
my mistake I thought search was a two parter but I guess Last Man is considered the first part?

correct :)

It sounds like she wants to do a recurring guest spot on Atlantis which would be cool.

both Amanda and Joe have said they'd like Sam to visit Atlantis in upcoming eps, I assume this includes future seasons of Atlantis

Also wouldn't so wierd to see her in the movies should more happen which I hope they do. I bought my copy of AOT so we will have to see. It seems like it is selling well which should lead to more movies.

yeah people are very interested in AoT

I also read somewhere that they are talking to RDA about being in the third movie does anyone else know anything about this? I can remember exactly where I read it.

I don't remember the exact quote or source but...

“I was terribly excited about the movies, but once they’ve been shot and they’re in the can, you’re thinking about the next one, even though this one isn’t finished yet.” He confirmed that they are already pursuing the third movie, not yet announced or titled. “I’ve got a story in mind for movie number three. Robert Cooper and I have discussed it, and I’ve had some preliminary discussions with MGM and Richard Dean Anderson [who also appears in Continuum]. … If the movies are well received, then the third movie will probably be slotted in after production of the third Stargate series [tentatively titled Stargate Universe and pitched to the SCI FI Channel in October 2007], or after Stargate Atlantis [which just began production this week and will conclude sometime in September]. But, if one or the other doesn’t go forward then we’ll probably start shooting our third movie in the spring of 2008 [keep in mind, however, that this interview was conducted before the WGA strike put a temporary halt to Wright’s writing of the script].”
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1128

majorsal
March 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM

yay for more sam!!! :D

sally :sam59:

KindlyKeller
March 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
If this is ture i hope she used a lot better than she was in season 4 where she was a talking head and nothing more. Personally if her character isn't used to it's full potential i'd rather she wasn't there.

No need for Atlantis to become 'The Carter Show,' anymore than I'd want SG-1 to become 'The McKay Show' if he were over in their sandbox.

Jumper_One
March 22nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
No need for Atlantis to become 'The Carter Show,' anymore than I'd want SG-1 to become 'The McKay Show' if he were over in their sandbox.

Atlantis was never the Carter show. also this is impossible since she'd have to be a regular instead of recurring ;)

Fenrir Foxz
March 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Atlantis was never the Carter show. also this is impossible since she'd have to be a regular instead of recurring ;)

KindlyKeller
March 22nd, 2008, 11:42 PM

You're agreeing with me; you just don't know it. I was responding to Buck, who was saying that they underused Carter. I was implying that they used her just right, because it didn't become The Carter Show. She filled her role as base commander perfectly.

jasminaGo
March 23rd, 2008, 03:36 AM

It sounds like she wants to do a recurring guest spot on Atlantis which would be cool. Also wouldn't so wierd to see her in the movies should more happen which I hope they do. I bought my copy of AOT so we will have to see. It seems like it is selling well which should lead to more movies.

AoT is doing great. This was on GW

Stargate: The Ark of Truth is off to a great start in its North American DVD release, landing in the Top 10 on the national DVD sales chart in its first week.
The film ranked ninth on the chart, according to Video Business. Among direct-to-DVD releases, it was second only to Disney's Snow Buddies.

So it looks good for a third movie. If it really is with RDA even better. :)

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
You're agreeing with me; you just don't know it.

I am? :P

I was responding to Buck, who was saying that they underused Carter. I was implying that they used her just right, because it didn't become The Carter Show. She filled her role as base commander perfectly.

oh ok sorry my bad :o well I think they could've used her more but I can certainly understand why they didn't. and I completely agree that it didn't become the Carter show :)

AoT is doing great. This was on GW

So it looks good for a third movie. If it really is with RDA even better. :)

I think RDA had a lot of fun shooting Continuum, hopefully he'll be back! :)

ColCaldwell
March 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Hopefully she gets blown up.

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hopefully she gets blown up.

nope won't happen

Buck32
March 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM

I'm with you they should just loose Teyla and Ronon, and bring in Teal'c and Daniel and call the show Atlantis SG1. Maybe then we'll get some well developed characters and stories.

Buck32
March 24th, 2008, 07:39 AM

I was never saying it should have been the Carter Show, but if you're gonna bring an iconic character from another series, you don't just have her used as a figurehead, to do so is annoying and insulting to the character and the fans, i'm saying if you're not going to use the character to their full potential, get someone else in and flesh them out as little or as much as you want.

which is probably the idea behind woolsey being base commander.

Skydiver
March 24th, 2008, 08:01 AM
i'm betting the 100th episode is what she'll be in. I know it's not written yet, but it doesn't necessarily have to be written for an actor to be in it...in fact, sometimes they need to know just who can play before they write stuff

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
i'm betting the 100th episode is what she'll be in. I know it's not written yet, but it doesn't necessarily have to be written for an actor to be in it...in fact, sometimes they need to know just who can play before they write stuff

I would really like Sam to be in the big 1-0-0 :cool:

SGFerrit
March 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM

Maybe Sam is in episode 100. And maybe it's not just Sam? Maybe it's a big crossover. And maybe the Wraith find Earth and manage to reach it. And maybe they all have to work together to stop an invasion.

And maybe I jump to too many conclusions.:)

Skydiver
March 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
that'd be a shocker...do a REAL plot adn not a spoof for their 'milestone' episodes.

Briangate78
March 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
that'd be a shocker...do a REAL plot adn not a spoof for their 'milestone' episodes.

I think Joe M said it would not be a spoof or joke episode. So we may get something very dramatic and shocking for the 100th episode, which will hopefully be only a Season finale and not a Series finale.

If there is a 6th season...

I wonder if Tapping will return if Sanctuary bombs or is shot at a different time.

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think Joe M said it would not be a spoof or joke episode. So we may get something very dramatic and shocking for the 100th episode, which will hopefully be only a Season finale and not a Series finale.

Yeah that's what I heard aswell... I think the spoof eps should be left with SG1 anyway, even though I like those sort of episodes it wouldn't really suite SGA IMO :)

Briangate78
March 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah that's what I heard aswell... I think the spoof eps should be left with SG1 anyway, even though I like those sort of episodes it wouldn't really suite SGA IMO :)

Atlantis is darker, but not BSG dark. If they ever crack a smile on BSG I will be shocked, but I still love that show as well.

hmm maybe we can get Katee Sackhoff for Season 6! :p

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Atlantis is darker, but not BSG dark. If they ever crack a smile on BSG I will be shocked, but I still love that show as well.

Dude I am going to sort you out a screen cap or two... I have seen quite a few smiles on BSG ;) :P

Katee Sackhoff? Now that's an idea :D

...Can Grace Park come along for the ride aswell? :P

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 01:35 PM

wow I hadn't thought of it. that'd be awesome!

ah crap I can't find the question but Joe definitely confirmed that the 100th ep won't be a joke ep like Wormhole Xtreme or 200

there will be :D

I wonder if Tapping will return if Sanctuary bombs or is shot at a different time.

you know I've been thinking about that too. I wish her all the best with Sanctuary but if there's a problem I can imagine TBTB trying to bring her back. not as a regular though, probably just recurring. it depends on how she'll leave Atlantis...

with or without clothes? :D

Dude I am going to sort you out a screen cap or two... I have seen quite a few smiles on BSG ;) :P

Katee Sackhoff? Now that's an idea :D

...Can Grace Park come along for the ride aswell? :P

sure :D

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
wow I hadn't thought of it. that'd be awesome!

ah crap I can't find the question but Joe definitely confirmed that the 100th ep won't be a joke ep like Wormhole Xtreme or 200

Yeah I remember ;)

with or without clothes? :D

Dude, when you put it like that... the choice is obvious :P

sure :D

Awsome :cool:

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM

man I'd ask Joe but I'm sure he won't answer ;)

Yeah I remember ;)

yeah I think there was a thread about it in the s4 section

Dude, when you put it like that... the choice is obvious :P

indeed it is :D

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM

It might be too early for him to really know the answer anyway ;)

Nope it was here in S5 folder ;)

Yup :D

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It might be too early for him to really know the answer anyway ;)

true but even if Joe knew, do you really believe he'd just tell me/us? I don't think so

Nope it was here in S5 folder ;)

really? ah well I'm too lazy to look for it :P

JakeGreen
March 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
i am going to miss Samantha Carter on Stargate Atlantis. I had a feeling that it was eventually going to be Stargate VS Sanctuary

TheReturnOfTheLantian
March 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Nooooooo, and i thought we've got rid off her. ba lol.

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
true but even if Joe knew, do you really believe he'd just tell me/us? I don't think so

Yup, withold the info he will :P

really? ah well I'm too lazy to look for it :P

JakeGreen
March 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
The whole gang that is alive should be back for the 100th episode & yes even Ford as his fate is still a mystery

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
The whole gang that is alive should be back for the 100th episode & yes even Ford as his fate is still a mystery

that'd be cool but it won't happen

atfan
March 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM

I doubt it Sanctuary rocks have you seen it yet?

Interesting do you have a link s4 is pretty big

Yup, withold the info he will :P

Yeah or mislead us he loves doing that. I would be cool if somehow the spoilers for that episode could be kept to a minimum that way there would be a suprise.

Briangate78
March 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Nope, I am actually very interested in watching the show though. It would not bother me if she returned or did not return. As per Tapping's sake I hope Sanctuary is a success.

Jumper_One
March 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM

nope I haven't but I'm planning to ;)

Interesting do you have a link s4 is pretty big

actually s4 isn't big anymore. I found this one in the s5 section
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51198

Yeah or mislead us he loves doing that. I would be cool if somehow the spoilers for that episode could be kept to a minimum that way there would be a suprise.

as much as I want to know any and all spoilers I think you're right, it would be an incredible surprise :)

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM

Not yet but it sounds good :cool:

Yeah or mislead us he loves doing that. It would be cool if somehow the spoilers for that episode could be kept to a minimum that way there would be a suprise.

I know what you mean, before I found gateworld eps had more of a surpise and unexpected feel to them... but it's a fair compromise I suppose :P

PG15
March 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Tidbit...

StellaByStargate writes: “Is there any chance that we might get some unambiguous insight into Sam’s personal life during one of her current two S5 episodes, as you’d promised when the Trio scene was cut?”

Answer: Given Carter’s reduced role in season 5, it’s highly unlikely.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/march-25-2008-a-return-to-surreality/

heliosphere
March 25th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Honestly, I kind of wish people would stop harping on her personal life and let them present Sam as a leader and in the capacity of a scientist and soldier. I think we got enough of her personal life in seasons 7 and 8 at the detriment of the other stuff, and then she stagnated in development for 9 and 10.

Sure, I'd like to know, but if her time is limited, I don't want to see her wistfully thinking about her bio-clock ticking and have her angst over her lovelife. Especially if it's one of those one or two line bits that never actually say anything straight out and stays ambiguous. I want to see her in action using her brain and solving problems or leading.

I have these visions of her pausing in the middle of loading a mag clip and saying, "if only the person I am intimate with back on Earth who may or may not be in Washington right now was here to give me strength,' and then proceeding to blow the crud out of the new baddie. :(

majorsal
March 25th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I think we got enough of her personal life in seasons 7 and 8 at the detriment of the other stuff, and then she stagnated in development for 9 and 10.

which had *nothing* to do with the writers working the personal life angle in s7/8, but of... (keeps bitter rant to herself)

but anyways, just sayin'. :p

sally :)

heliosphere
March 26th, 2008, 05:50 AM
which had *nothing* to do with the writers working the personal life angle in s7/8, but of... (keeps bitter rant to herself)

but anyways, just sayin'. :p

sally :)

Well, yeah, they aren't really related, but it made it seem like if they couldn't write Sam as angsting about her lovelife, there was no other depth to her character. Which is not true at all, but this is the impression they gave me. And when we had something like 6 seasons of her before doing things and getting in the action and balancing that with glimpses her love life, the complete and total lack of character progression in 9 and 10 made me think they couldn't writer her as just a character anymore. It's like they need the crutch of her relationship to write for her when they could just be giving her things to do like they would for any male character.

I haven't seen AoT yet (but soon I hope, I'm going nuts) but from what I saw of her on Atlantis, things seemed a little better. It's just that the time has long come and gone for them to be doing these dumb little hints. Just come out and say something. And I'm not one to believe she and Jack have been sneaking around or secretly married since season 8, so for me, it has to be a blatant statement, not just a random photo in her luggage.