What was McKay working on for 25 years? - Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was McKay working on for 25 years? - Spoiler

I watched this episode a few times and loved it. I showed it to my friend and as I was watching it again, I was a bit confused... What was Mckay doing for them 25 years?

Basically, in the flashback scenes, he already knew that Sheppard was trapped ~48,000 years in to the future.

When he got back to Earth, 1 year later, and the Dr died, he wanted to go back and change things.

Now, what did he do that took so long?

As far as I can see, all he needed to do was get back to Atlantis and leave a message for Sheppard.

The Hologram, as he said was due to the progression in holographic projection and as for the Solar flair... I don't think that was anything to do with it, he did not even start looking for one until the hologram made contact with Sheppard.

This point may not be worth anything... In present day Atlantis, they were able to see and confirm that Sheppard did go through / get affected by a flair, could they be able to predict solar flair activity or did they just look up history?

Again, the point above may just be looking at logs / history rather than anything smart, but still, Mckay hologram in the future did not start looking up one until Sheppard made contact which makes me think that the Ancient computers can do this pretty quick... (well, Aschen ?sp? computers could, and they had some cool stuff, but were behind the ancients).

I just loved this episode so much, but since I re-watched this time, I just can not figure out what McKay was working on for so long! There are a few more points I can say, but I am sure you all get the point!

The only thing I can think of is maybe the transfer of knowledge from person to hologram.... maybe the leaps forward in holographic technology just meant the projection and not the knowledge... however I doubt this as McKay should of just created a note/recording that played the moment the sensor detected anything that told Sheppard what to do!

Anyone take to make a guess, did I miss something big?

This isn't an annoyed "there's already a thread about this!" post, because I think people are too uptight about that kind of thing, BUT you may find this of interest as there was a brief discussion about this a week or so ago:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52596
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
    X