Tria as a new midway space station.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tria as a new midway space station.

First of I would like to apologize if this matter has already been discussed.
    Now since the Tria's hyberdrive was damaged it was left in the intergalactic space right? So why not just put two stargates there and use it as the new midway space station? It can after all support life and it has a working power source. And its stationary in space very near the midway! Come to think of it why didn't Col. Sheppard just fly the jumper there when Midway blew up? Of coarse it is possible it was taken apart for study, or not? Opinions?

EDIT: It wasn't really my intention to start another thread about the Tria plot hole, but rather to consider the possibility of using Tria or any other ship for that matter to act as temporary midway space station. For instance The Daedalus has a large 302-bay. Why not put two stargates there and park in the intergalactic space for a few weeks? That way they could resupply the city. Or they could place two gates there permanently and stop in the intergalactic space for few days every time they pass through midway. Or they could ask the Free Jaffa for a Ha'tak and park that in midway. After all they certainly own the Tau'ri a favor.
    Last edited by BuggyMan; 17 March 2008, 06:06 AM.

PLOTHOLE!
    most annoying one ever aswell!
    But as for a possible explanation they could say they installed a new hyperdrive in it or fixed the old one and its in the MW atm!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

Comment

Or at least say that the Asurans ripped it apart. It would be better than this situation.

Comment

Also we don't really know how close it is to Midway. I can't recall if they mentioned a specific distance they travelled to meet up with the ship, but it was going bloody fast, probably not in flying distance of a Jumper and possibly not in range of the bridge.

This is one of the most irritating plot holes in Stargate ever, I think. Odds and sods of technology appearing and not being mentioned again is understandable and easy to look past. But an Ancient Warship! All they need to do is, next time Atlantis is in the situation where it needs it, have someone enquire about and just have Rodney say that they've been trying to fix the hyperdrive for years but they have come to the conclusion that it is completely fried.
        After that, I don't think anything else really needs to be said about it. It just becomes an extremely powerful warship sitting in the middle of nowhere with no engines. That's fine.

As the writers blew up Midway to put Atlantis back in to a semi-state of isolation, I don't think they'll be building a new one any time soon.

Comment

its not a plot hole. its a big frikkin gap

Comment

What i don't understand is why they left it there in the first place. We've seen (on several occasions) ships being towed along in hyperspace so they could have taken the Tria along with the Daedalus back to Atlantis, rather then just abandon it in deep space leaving the Ancients back on Atlantis ship-less.
            Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

I think I vaguely remember what you're on about. Is it the episode where they find an Ancient ship travelling at sub light speed between the Pagasus and Milky Way galaxies, with Ancients on board?

What season and episode was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                I think I vaguely remember what you're on about. Is it the episode where they find an Ancient ship travelling at sub light speed between the Pagasus and Milky Way galaxies, with Ancients on board?

What season and episode was it?
                Season 3 - The Return (Pt 1)

Comment

Wasn't the Tria greeting the replicators and then it was blown up because they thought the replicators couldn't harm themm?

Comment

Originally posted by XFire View Post
                    Wasn't the Tria greeting the replicators and then it was blown up because they thought the replicators couldn't harm themm?
                    ATLANTIS. In the Control Room, Jack and Woolsey, together with Helia, are watching the wall screen as it shows a Puddle Jumper approaching a ship which is headed towards the planet.

WOOLSEY: That seems like a pretty big ship. You’re sure only sending one Jumper up to fend it off is the right thing to do?

HELIA: It is impossible for them to harm us.

O’NEILL: I could use some enemies like that.

JUMPER PILOT (over comms): We have established communications, Commander.

HELIA: This is Commander Helia. The city you’re approaching is once again under Lantean control. Stand down and return to your planet immediately, or you will be ...

(The image of the Puddle Jumper flashes, then disappears from the screen.)
                    There you go one transcript.

of course what happened to the tria is a story unto itself.

Comment

Ah yes I remember now, those silly arogant ancients got their behinds handed to them didn't they?

Comment

Thats what i'm saying, surely we would have discussed the current Asuran situation with the Lanteans and that should have prompted them to bring the Tria home, but then i suppose they believed they couldn't be harmed by the Asurans, so maybe not. Just one more example of their lack of war-time tactics.

Comment

I think they just left the Tria floating around in the void....They could get her a new hyperdrive and at least put her down as a new midway. I think the two stargates that Midway had are still floating around somewhere, that big of an explosion can't blow up a stargate.
                          Idiot plothole, altough i have thought out an alternative use for the Tria in the Stargate: War Begins mod prequel campaign, in a few weeks you'll see...
                          Sorry for advertising, but i had this planned months ago, and you guys are going to like it
                          Trailers and PR
                          Stargate: War Begins team
                          http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                          forums:
                          http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

they should have towed it back to Earth for study. No point leaving it lying around and we really don't need it in Pegasus cuz it will just get blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
                              they should have towed it back to Earth for study. No point leaving it lying around and we really don't need it in Pegasus cuz it will just get blown up.
                              sounds like a good reason to take it to Pegasus. Cannon Fodder for Micheal.

Comment

Working...
                              X