O'Neill's Final Appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill's Final Appearance

Did you think "The Shroud" was a good episode for O'Neill's final appearance? He had a lot to do in this episode compared to his three previous guest apperances since leaving the show. Having Jack command the Odyssey and watching his chats with Prior Daniel was great stuff. O'Neill was truelly missed during the final seasons. I'm so glad we get to see him again in Continuum.

I'm just hoping that Continuum's not the last we'll see of him, as DVD sales of AoT have been great thus far and hopefully Continuum will follow a similar similar trend, which would give MGM the motivation to greenlight more direct-to-DVD SG-1. Heck, I'd still buy any future DVDs even if they weren't feature-length movies, but rather two regular episodes per volume, since it worked pretty well with Babylon 5: The Lost Tales IMO. At the very least, there's still Atlantis, and it'd be good if TPTB managed to convince him to put in one or two guest appearances in S5, perhaps to keep the new commander in line.

As for 'The Shroud', I enjoyed his time in it, although as an episode that was intended to be his final SG-1 TV appearance, I was kinda conflicted considering the 'Oh great, we're so screwed' expression on his face during his last scene at the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
      I'm just hoping that Continuum's not the last we'll see of him, as DVD sales of AoT have been great thus far and hopefully Continuum will follow a similar similar trend, which would give MGM the motivation to greenlight more direct-to-DVD SG-1. Heck, I'd still buy any future DVDs even if they weren't feature-length movies, but rather two regular episodes per volume, since it worked pretty well with Babylon 5: The Lost Tales IMO. At the very least, there's still Atlantis, and it'd be good if TPTB managed to convince him to put in one or two guest appearances in S5, perhaps to keep the new commander in line.

As for 'The Shroud', I enjoyed his time in it, although as an episode that was intended to be his final SG-1 TV appearance, I was kinda conflicted considering the 'Oh great, we're so screwed' expression on his face during his last scene at the end of the episode.
      There's talk about a 3rd DVD movie by BW. He presented it to MGM and RDA

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        There's talk about a 3rd DVD movie by BW. He presented it to MGM and RDA
        Yeah, there's talk about it, but has anything been confirmed?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think there's any news yet, they're probably waiting to see how well the first two do first.

Comment

would have liked to see jack instead of lorne in the last man cause that would be funny, except for him being depressed about carter , imagine

mckay: i need ur help
            O'neill: not you go annoy some1 else
            preceded by jack sarcastic comment etc

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
              would have liked to see jack instead of lorne in the last man cause that would be funny, except for him being depressed about carter , imagine

mckay: i need ur help
              O'neill: not you go annoy some1 else
              preceded by jack sarcastic comment etc
              That would be kind of a demotion for him!
              Also, considering McKay is getting quite old at this point, and Jack was retired 11 years ago, I doubt he'd still be on active duty.

I do see your point about it being funny though.

Looking forward to O'Neill in Continuum and hoping we will see him in S5 or later seasons.

Comment

I think that "The Shroud" was a fitting final episode for O'Neill on SG-1. It was a big episode, not in small part due to it being the episode where
                Spoiler:
                the Ori are eliminated.
                Jack had a nice-sized role in that episode.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I think that "The Shroud" was a fitting final episode for O'Neill on SG-1. It was a big episode, not in small part due to it being the episode where
                  Spoiler:
                  the Ori are eliminated.
                  Jack had a nice-sized role in that episode.
                  I had never really thought about 'The Shroud' and O'Neill's final apearence in the series but I agree Jack did have a nice sized role in that ep...

Comment

The Shroud was a good Jack appearance, but The Return, part 2 was a great Jack appearance! Jack played a pivotal role in his own rescue in this ep, proving that RDA still has what it takes to carry the leading man role. The underwater scenes in that ep were incredible, and Jack's snarkiness was vintage.

The Shroud and Return, part 2 are the only good uses TPTB have made of RDA since the end of S8.

I too hope to see more O'Neill in future Stargate projects!

Comment

I'd have preferred a different final appearance, but he was great in the episode, so in that sense at least, it was fitting. I'm looking forward to Continuum and wouldn't mind seeing him in future movies one bit, so long as there's a plausible reason for him to be featured (as there seems to be in the coming movie).

And he was FABULOUS in "The Return." What a great two-parter that was.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Great appearance! Not only did he have important stuff to do, but the return of Jack/Daniel banter was awesome.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah the Shroud made it seem old school Sg1 but i will always love the return part 2 according to martin gero the return part 2 made the return of good ole Rick as O'Neill. Im looking forward to Seeing a WWII O'Neill in continuum. that's going to be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                          X