X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a boamer that can be launced form a 304

What if a 304 had a bomber type plane that can fly along the 302
    sigpic

Not much of a need but we could do with a good atmospheric bombing craft though.

personally i think we would need a recon craft more than a bomber obviosly it can fit into a 304 but should be big enough for search and rescue reconasance and ewar. kinda like the raptor off bsg
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

i was thinking of a 302 refitted to fly through gates. 302's can already drop bombs

Comment

What's the point of a bomber when you can accuratly fire railgun slugs form orbit (episode with the ancient social experiment).

Comment

Those were railgun slugs... i've always wondered..
          Very Accurate. Personally, i' wouldn't risk being down there, on the same continent, because you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
            Those were railgun slugs... i've always wondered..
            Very Accurate. Personally, i' wouldn't risk being down there, on the same continent, because you never know.
            Very accurate, those things didn't kill a sigle person, all specificaly targeted at empty places.

Comment

Ok well what about a troop transporter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                Ok well what about a troop transporter
                Thats not a bad idea. if we could reverse enginner pj's repulser tech we could make a respectable troop transport. Or we could build drop ships that can carry armored vehicals like M1 Abrams or bradlys.
                Last edited by FN-P90; 17 March 2008, 05:15 PM.
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

so a tauri version of an alkesh?
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Hmmm... Yeah a Bomber would be a good idea.

Now back on topic What is a boamer and how can we use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                      Hmmm... Yeah a Bomber would be a good idea.

Now back on topic What is a boamer and how can we use it?
                      Yes what is this boamer you speak of?

Comment

Look at the title of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                          Look at the title of this thread.
                          Oh thanks. i couldnt figure out where you got boamer from. thats kind of funny. but who cares we all make spelling mitakes here and there, god knows i have.

Comment

Forgive me if this is a tad blunt but um...

We can BEAM anything we want from the ships, to the planets, so what is the need for a ship that would do this? Beaming is faster, and less capable of being destroyed in transit...

Also, we can beam a lot of things in rapid succesion,(Ethon, season 9) where each transport site beams people away in succesion, as evidenced by carter's line:

CARTER: Go. If I don't finish tying this in, we'll run out of power before everyone can be beamed out.

Implying that one group goes, than the next, then the next...

So really what is the need for a ship that we need to launch from a ship that could just beam everything down? I'd rather see those materials and time go into making more -304's and have lots of them than anything new...

Comment

When you can fit several MK9's in that little missile they used in first strike a bomber's not only a good idea, not having one is an offense of stupidty that should be punished by immediate spacing. Par for the course for Sg militaries.

You would probably need a new ship class to really take advantage of them though. The 304 carrier capacity is more of a burdonsome afterthought and only has enough room for a handful of 302 fighters, you'd almost certainly want or need your bombers to be bigger than those.

For all of you questioning why you would want bombers when you already have wankbeams and teleporters look at the combat in Sg verse. All of it takes place from spitting distance. You don't even need FTL bombers, just launch your nuclear bombers from a few million km away and nobody else is going to be able to retaliate with their lame ass blob guns. If they try and charge at you to get in range just turn and run in the other direction while launching more bombers.

There's a reason carriers replaced battleships.

Comment

Working...
                              X