PDA

View Full Version : Will we see the Phoenix in season 5?

StevenCaldwell
March 15th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Ok so in the last episode of season 4 we saw flashes from when Col Shepperd disseppeared. and we saw clips of sam's ship the phoenix.

Do you think we will see it in season 5?

fallenexile452
March 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I'm thinking yes but it won't be until late season at the earliest. when they were getting it ready it was already months or awhile at least after john's disappearance if i'm not mistaken. It took Earth's best two scientists a further month just to get it combat ready, so it will definitely not be before the mid-season two-parter when we'll see it.

That being said it could go the way of the odyssey and just stay around earth and not be seen ever again on Atlantis unless it's an earth based episode.

StevenCaldwell
March 15th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Yeah good point, but john was only gone for 12 days if i remember but i felt longer for them with him going 48 thousends years into then furture.

I hope we see the phoenix because since "first strike" we have hardley seen the apollo. so i hope we see it more in season 5.

kymeric
March 15th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Ok so in the last episode of season 4 we saw flashes from when Col Shepperd disseppeared. and we saw clips of sam's ship the phoenix.

Do you think we will see it in season 5?

They come out about one a year and we just got the apollo at the beginning of season 4. So it make sense. Assuming they dont need it in the MW for some reason.

Heh theres and idea for season 5, keep referencing something huge happening in the MW thats distracting resources/ships/ioa to get us all tweeked for the next sg1 movie! ^.^

Myles
March 15th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Maybe...

DJ/MS comes over on the Pheonix in the midseason 2 parter?

Leir
March 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
with all the damage the replicators did to the Odyssey, I dont see why not the IOA and Jack wouldnt want to build another since the Odyssey is so advanced. I would actually just decomission the Odyssey and just have it for Earth orbital defense.

Detox
March 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah good point, but john was only gone for 12 days if i remember but i felt longer for them with him going 48 thousends years into then furture.

I hope we see the phoenix because since "first strike" we have hardley seen the apollo. so i hope we see it more in season 5.

It was only 12 days in the current timeline, in the alternate timeline, he was gone indefinitely.

with all the damage the replicators did to the Odyssey, I dont see why not the IOA and Jack wouldnt want to build another since the Odyssey is so advanced. I would actually just decomission the Odyssey and just have it for Earth orbital defense.

They can easily repair the damages done by the replicators. It's not hard. And the Phoenix is probably already under construction during season 4. The IOA do not have control over 304 production, that's all under the US Government, and they've been producing 304's nonstop with all the money they saved from handing the SGC over to the IOA.

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 01:29 PM
It was only 12 days in the current timeline, in the alternate timeline, he was gone indefinitely.

They can easily repair the damages done by the replicators. It's not hard. And the Phoenix is probably already under construction during season 4. The IOA do not have control over 304 production, that's all under the US Government, and they've been producing 304's nonstop with all the money they saved from handing the SGC over to the IOA.
Most likely if we see the Phoenix it won't be till much lateer in season 5. I agree with the poster that said it could be the mid season Daniel 2 parter.

TOIVA
March 15th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I think we will surely see the Phoenix in season 5, only depends on the situation in Pegasus in our timeline when exactly we will get it.;)

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I think we will surely see the Phoenix in season 5, only depends on the situation in Pegasus in our timeline when exactly we will get it.;)

True. It could be the season (I hope it's season) finale.

jonos101
March 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
True. It could be the season (I hope it's season) finale.

:indeed:

Fenrir Foxz
March 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Most likely if we see the Phoenix it won't be till much lateer in season 5. I agree with the poster that said it could be the mid season Daniel 2 parter.

As long as we get the Phoenix in S5 I'll be happy...

Leir
March 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I think it would be overkill to have the Daedulus, Apollo and the Phoenix all traveling to Pegasus. Daedulus should be assigned to Atlantis, Odyssey to Milky Way, Apollo as a freelancer going were the need arises and Phoenix going to Ida and exploring new races and civilizations since the Asgard bit the dust

Jumper_One
March 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I think it would be overkill to have the Daedulus, Apollo and the Phoenix all traveling to Pegasus. Daedulus should be assigned to Atlantis, Odyssey to Milky Way, Apollo as a freelancer going were the need arises and Phoenix going to Ida and exploring new races and civilizations since the Asgard bit the dust

I agree however remember we saw both the Daedalus and Apollo in BAMSR, I think something similar might also happen in s5

Fenrir Foxz
March 15th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I agree however remember we saw both the Daedalus and Apollo in BAMSR, I think something similar might also happen in s5

Yup, Earth ships might be really powerful with the new Asgard weaponry but they are still no match for multiple enemy ships... I would think that a couple of dozen hives or less would easily take out the Daedalus and Apollo with only a few hives destroyed...

jelgate
March 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
If the Phoneix was to appear in our timeline, I would like to see one of our other ships blow up.

Fenrir Foxz
March 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
If the Phoneix was to appear in our timeline, I would like to see one of our other ships blow up.

So which one? :P

jelgate
March 15th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I couldn't decide. I like Caldwell and Ellis.

Fenrir Foxz
March 15th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I couldn't decide. I like Caldwell and Ellis.

I like the Daedalus more *cool name* and I prefer Caldwell to Ellis so it's an easy choice for me :P

Jumper_One
March 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I like the Daedalus more *cool name* and I prefer Caldwell to Ellis so it's an easy choice for me :P

it's not easy for me but I'd have to agree with you

ashman2
March 16th, 2008, 09:10 AM

I'd rather not lose another ship, and just have one of the three repositioned to the Milky Way. I don't actually think that having three makes us too powerful, considering the number of HIves and Cruisers out there. And with one constantly ferrying back between Pegasus and Milkyway, there would not always be three there anyway.

Cree
March 16th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Why is it always that people want us to loose a ship if we get another! it annoys me in scifi how they do that or if we get a nice powerful ship then it has to be destroyed soon! thats why i liked BSG and the pegasus (sp)

jasminaGo
March 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Maybe Sam will get command of the Phoenix. Ellis is still sore from the dressing down she gave him in BAMSR, and they decide to settle things once and for all, so they play chicken (or the space equivalent) with their ships, and Sam blasts the Apollo out of the sky. :P Caldwell can be a referee.

StevenCaldwell
March 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM

I hope we see The phoenix arrive in pegasus for season 5. but eather they will send carter to find shepperds team in the phoenix or the mid season 2 parter. or possable the last episode of the season 5, where the daedalus, apollo and the phoenix the bring down the Hybrids once and for all

but eather way i would like to see it more in season 5 and furture seasons.

jonos101
March 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I hope we see The phoenix arrive in pegasus for season 5. but eather they will send carter to find shepperds team in the phoenix or the mid season 2 parter. or possable the last episode of the season 5, where the daedalus, apollo and the phoenix the bring down the Hybrids once and for all

but eather way i would like to see it more in season 5 and furture seasons.

if i had to get rid off one it would be elies coz hes a ass. but id rather have my cake and eat it to

Fenrir Foxz
March 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Maybe Sam will get command of the Phoenix. Ellis is still sore from the dressing down she gave him in BAMSR, and they decide to settle things once and for all, so they play chicken (or the space equivalent) with their ships, and Sam blasts the Apollo out of the sky. :P Caldwell can be a referee.

That would be funny to see :D :lol:

if i had to get rid off one it would be elies coz hes a ass. but id rather have my cake and eat it to

Did someone mention cake? :P

jonos101
March 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
That would be funny to see :D :lol:

indeed i did :p

Fenrir Foxz
March 17th, 2008, 05:41 AM
indeed i did :p

Awsome :cool:

atfan
March 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I think with all the threats plus the bridge being distroyed we need 3.

no no Phoenix is so cool rebirth,, never dying the whole thing do you know the mythology reborn out of the ashes perfect name.

it's not easy for me but I'd have to agree with you

I like both of them as well but Ellis can get on my nerves.

Fenrir Foxz
March 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
no no Phoenix is so cool rebirth,, never dying the whole thing do you know the mythology reborn out of the ashes perfect name.

I agree, I was comparing the names of the ships we presently have... If the Phoenix does appear in S5 then I'll consider that the most cool name going for any Earth vessel, one of the reasons I prefer 'Daedalus' is beacuse I like various myths and 'Apollo' to me is an obvious and not so creative name for a ship...

Phoenix would be perfect especially as it is the next Earthship build and includes Asgard tech from thier legacy (reborn from the ashes of the Asgard race ;)) :cool:

Jumper_One
March 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM

cake? :D

Awsome :cool:

I think with all the threats plus the bridge being distroyed we need 3.

3 is good, I like 3 :P

true and the Phoenix would be the coolest ship imo. although I also love the Prometheus! that was an awesome ship imo

I like both of them as well but Ellis can get on my nerves.

yeah IDK why but Caldwell's just so much cooler than Ellis imo

I agree, I was comparing the names of the ships we presently have... If the Phoenix does appear in S5 then I'll consider that the most cool name going for any Earth vessel, one of the reasons I prefer 'Daedalus' is beacuse I like various myths and 'Apollo' to me is an obvious and not so creative name for a ship...

Phoenix would be perfect especially as it is the next Earthship build and includes Asgard tech from thier legacy (reborn from the ashes of the Asgard race ;)) :cool:

woohoo :D

Fenrir Foxz
March 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
3 is good, I like 3 :P

Is that 3 as in ships or Three something else? ;) :P:P:P

true and the Phoenix would be the coolest ship imo. although I also love the Prometheus! that was an awesome ship imo

Yeah the Prometheus was awsome... :cool:

yeah IDK why but Caldwell's just so much cooler than Ellis imo

Jumper_One
March 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Is that 3 as in ships or Three something else? ;) :P:P:P

*whistles innocently* ;) :D

atfan
March 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM

exactly my friend great minds think alike. :)

GoSpikey
March 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I fully agree that having a ship named 'Phoenix' around would be way cooler than 'Apollo', and I hope that the Daedalus will make an appearance sometimes, too.

Someone started a board with AT being in the latter part of the season?

*Squeeeee* I hope she's captain. After so many years fighting for/saving Earth with SG-1, she couldn't be more worthy!

It's not like she can take over the SGC... :)

jasminaGo
March 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I fully agree that having a ship named 'Phoenix' around would be way cooler than 'Apollo', and I hope that the Daedalus will make an appearance sometimes, too.

*Squeeeee* I hope she's captain. After so many years fighting for/saving Earth with SG-1, she couldn't be more worthy!

Not yet!

But it's on her list. :p

GoSpikey
March 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Not yet!

So, after General Carter, we get General Lorne?

Unless Sheppard comes first... :D

atfan
March 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM

yep that was me she did an interview where she said she'll definitely be in some episodes in the back half of the season after she gets done with filming Sanctuary. I love her in that as well so it is all good;but I am looking forward to more Carter I like her more confident poised happy self.

Jumper_One
March 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM

that's certainly one possibility to explain her departure :)

Not yet!

it is? cool :D

yep that was me she did an interview where she said she'll definitely be in some episodes in the back half of the season after she gets done with filming Sanctuary. I love her in that as well so it is all good;but I am looking forward to more Carter I like her more confident poised happy self.

ITA however they didn't mention episodes, only that she'll appear in the back half of s5 but I really really really really hope you're right :)

Fenrir Foxz
March 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
*whistles innocently* ;) :D

Yup :P

exactly my friend great minds think alike. :)

:indeed: :D

Jumper_One
March 19th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Yup :P

:D:D:D

TOIVA
March 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM

Great ship, I'd love to see some old good 303 in Pegasus too. It was so tiny it could enter a Hive's hangar.:cameron:

Yeah and Phoenix sounds much, MUCH better than Apollo (althought not better than Prometheus).

ColCaldwell
March 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM

So many things wrong with that:

1) Sam is a horrible ship commander, as demonstrated in Last Man

2) The dressing down? Ellis was in the right, that McKay showed up and knowingly wasted their time. Ellis should have had the Apollo beam Carter out in the vacuum of space for that.

3) Ellis would win hands down in a space battle.

Jumper_One
March 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM

actually Sam's a pretty good ship commander because she was able to inflict considerable damage despite terrible odds and she also managed to destroy three hive ships

2) The dressing down? Ellis was in the right, that McKay showed up and knowingly wasted their time.

maybe but it was wrong to talk to him like this in front of the base commander. Rodney wasn't under his command

Ellis should have had the Apollo beam Carter out in the vacuum of space for that.

err...no

against a new ship like the Phoenix? I don't think so

jasminaGo
March 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM

2) The dressing down? Ellis was in the right, that McKay showed up and knowingly wasted their time. Ellis should have had the Apollo beam Carter out in the vacuum of space for that.

Can't you take a JOKE. It's not like they will actually do that. :S

Oh and what Jumper said in the post above, I second it :p

Oceanic_Jack
March 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw at least the Phoenix in the making by the end of season 5.

TOIVA
March 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
At least I think Ellis has got much more practise now commanding a 304.
And by the way, Apollo isn't old. The Asgard improvements may have been added later on it, but that doesn't mean it's automatically worse.;)

And I wouldn't let them destroy one of our ships, so, no such space battles are preferrable. Let's send them to an empty planet for they have it out with each other.;)

jonos101
March 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
At least I think Ellis has got much more practise now commanding a 304.
And by the way, Apollo isn't old. The Asgard improvements may have been added later on it, but that doesn't mean it's automatically worse.;)

And I wouldn't let them destroy one of our ships, so, no such space battles are preferrable. Let's send them to an empty planet for they have it out with each other.;)

seconded

YAY, post 500