Ori Technology question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Technology question

I have some question regarding the Ori Tech.

How did they build them all in less than a year. The Ori villages were all preindustrial so how were they able to mass produce the motherships, fighters, rings, weapons armor in less than a year. Yes the Ori gave them the blue prints but the followers still needed to build them using available technology. In short they went from simple farmers to intergalactic warriors in a year. Is that really possible?

If the Motherships were being controlled by the Priors do you think if we flood space around the Ori motherships they will temporarily be disabled? enough for a Oddy to wipe out a fleet of them?

The Armies of the Ori were continually victorious on several planets even Jaffa strongholds are their armies superior to the Jaffa or are the priors reviving their fallen and healing their injured in a blink of an eye?

What do you think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

ori motherships are powered by the ori

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      ori motherships are powered by the ori
      Well, not exactly. My assumption is that the Ori warships are powered by that big glowing thingy (i don't really know what it is). If you're saying that they're powered by the Ori themselves, they would have just stopped workinbg when the Ori were wiped out by the Sangraal.
      I think with the special powers of priors, plus other technologies and maybe even tools provided by the Ori, they were able to manufacture all that tech.
      Don't forget that those ascended beings could have actively helped them, not like the ancients, who do not interfere in even a basic level.
      Trailers and PR
      Stargate: War Begins team
      http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
      forums:
      http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

no, no, they were. malozzi confirmed. dont have the quote, but the priors powered the ships, who were powered by the ori/adria. now that adra is gone, the ships are powerless.

Comment

no, no, they were. malozzi confirmed. dont have the quote, but the priors powered the ships, who were powered by the ori/adria. now that adra is gone, the ships are powerless.
          Don't believe everything TPTB tell you, they make up stuff on the spot the explain their inconsistancies.

Besides that theory doesn't make sense since Sam was able to fly a ship without a prior present.

Comment

I don't know in what episode was this, but the priors adapt to the tech of the planet to build the necessary tech such as the ships and weapons. In there home world, that means that they heaved to start from almost zero. I think it was in the episode where The Prometheus was destroyed.
            The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Karhedron
            I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
              I don't know in what episode was this, but the priors adapt to the tech of the planet to build the necessary tech such as the ships and weapons. In there home world, that means that they heaved to start from almost zero.
              Do you mean 'Ethon' where they got the people of the planet to build a really advanced satellite with their less than advanced tech?

Comment

Yes, that's exactly the one.
                The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Karhedron
                I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Belouchi writes: “ 1. [..] After seeing the Ark of Truth […]. They have 11 powerful ships at their disposal, why couldn’t they lend a hand against the evil wraith in the pegasus galaxy? 2. I figured from a recurring pattern in the past seasons that in the first half of the season that is the first 10 episodes there is always a tech savy episode with cool visual effects involving either space fights or ancient technology in general. […]. Might I be somewhat close to say Daedalus Variation is the one for season 5? 3. Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?”

Answers: 1. The Ori ships were powered by the Prior who, in turn, drew their power from the Ori/Adria. 2. Somewhat. 3. Nope, sorry.

HERE

conclusion:the glowing thing might be an arcturus to the ori dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Don't believe everything TPTB tell you, they make up stuff on the spot the explain their inconsistancies.

Besides that theory doesn't make sense since Sam was able to fly a ship without a prior present.
                    Indeed, the poster on JM's blog was asking why Earth can't ask Tomin and the Priors for help against the Ori to which he said 'the ships can't be powered anymore'. I think personally it was just an attempt to help remove the horrible idea of sending the Ori Armada to Pegasus to fight Earth's war but meh.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

the producer just making up stuff to cover his behind. there were a lot in BAMSR'd for instance.

"Indeed, the poster on JM's blog was asking why Earth can't ask Tomin and the Priors for help against the Ori to which he said 'the ships can't be powered anymore'. I think personally it was just an attempt to help remove the horrible idea of sending the Ori Armada to Pegasus to fight Earth's war but meh.

Like said, Carter was able to control the Ori ship. Ori power source is likely equivalent to a ZPM.

Ori can stil use the ships, but they wont be in Atlantis. Why? The Ori would own everything, the Wraith are very much trash in comparision.

How did they build ships? Priors (Ori gave them a Dummys guide to building super ships, everything they needed), Priors used their powers, and some idiot peasant help.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes the producers have to make up stuff on the spot, to not dissapoint certaing fans, it's not actually their fault.
                        About the powersource, i believe it's actually better than a ZPM, which is basically a battery that eventually run's out of juice, the Ori powersource is like the Arcturus project, maybe not as powerfull.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                          Yeah, sometimes the producers have to make up stuff on the spot, to not dissapoint certaing fans, it's not actually their fault.
                          About the powersource, i believe it's actually better than a ZPM, which is basically a battery that eventually run's out of juice, the Ori powersource is like the Arcturus project, maybe not as powerfull.
                          There are alot of similarities, especialy in teh power core room.

Comment

This is just the stupidest thing that I've "heard" in 6 1/2 days.
                            Last edited by Jeffala; 15 March 2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I have to agree; TPTB are actually wrong here.

We saw in "Counterstrike" that Ori motherships have a power core that, if taken offline, would disable the ship. That was the whole reason why Adria had to stop Mitchell and Teal'c from blowing it up.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X