Asgard tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard tech

If they have all the tech of the asgard why can't they use it to make ZPM, they already used it to make replicators

oh this has been done so many times.

#1. Asgard arent at the level of creating ZPMs yet.
    #2. Theory one: Contains a mini-universe within it, or a pocket of subspace making it impossible to beam as you cannot dematerailize a universe or subspace, but beaming ZPMs has been done before in the siege part 3. Not a viable theory because the buffer probably cannot hold something such as a universe.
    #3. Theory 2: A ZPM is a device nothing more, the function of the device is to act as a door way to a mini artificial universe to draw energy from, without the mini universe the ZPM would exist and be made to exact specifications but provides no power. An identical ZPM would make only another door to the same universe (essentially what the asgard beam would do), so it would only drain the mini universe faster, and not allow for more power, kind of like a cup of water, the cup is the mini universe and the water is the energy it provides, a single ZPM would be one straw, using asgard beaming it would create another straw to the same cup. It is the only theory given that explains for the use of beaming tech transporting the ZPM.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Replicator : abacus :: ZPM : supercomputer

Comment

we should make a replicator programed to seek information and build zpms
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf957 View Post
          If they have all the tech of the asgard why can't they use it to make ZPM, they already used it to make replicators
          Because then there'd be no show to watch.

Comment

How long is it going to take for people to realise that we can't just create whatever we want out of thin air! It is clearly not that simple. Look at 'The Quest,' it took Merlin/Daniel ages to make the anti-ori weapon even though they were using very similar technology. They basicly had to construct it from the molecular level if I remember correctly.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
              How long is it going to take for people to realise that we can't just create whatever we want out of thin air! It is clearly not that simple. Look at 'The Quest,' it took Merlin/Daniel ages to make the anti-ori weapon even though they were using very similar technology. They basicly had to construct it from the molecular level if I remember correctly.
              if they had a computer with the programed thing to make it would go ALOT faster
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                if they had a computer with the programed thing to make it would go ALOT faster
                Yes, I'm guessing thats what we have seen with the Asgard technology so far. You have to actually know what it is you are making, and how it all fits together etc to be able to make it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                  we should make a replicator programed to seek information and build zpms
                  yes because more replicators is exactly what we need

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                    Yes, I'm guessing thats what we have seen with the Asgard technology so far. You have to actually know what it is you are making, and how it all fits together etc to be able to make it.
                    MAIN ARGUMENT! best argument there is. You can't just say i want a ZPM and voilla there it is.... Else the asgard would have made their own. It's arogant to think that we could do it with the asgard tech and the asgard themselves were uable to.
                    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

That is very simple:

The Replicator will make anything the producer wants.

And making ZPMs will make Earth far too powerful=No show, essentially.

Even with the regular 304s able to take 3 Hives at once, the Wraith are becoming nearly obsolete.

Comment

Well there's going to have to be a new baddy soon, the Wraith are getting their asses handed to them by just about everyone, and Micheal is poisoning their food supply.

I vote for a new bad race called, The Impega

No I didn't just get that name off the hole punch on my desk

Comment

Those pesky laws of physics prevent it. If you made a ZPM you would have to expend more energy making it than you could get out of it, and what would be the point of that? Of course nothing says you couldn't make a ZPM casing and then connect the artificial universe thingy, but if they knew how to do that, they wouldn't need the Asgard replicater to do it.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Asgard Power devices rival that of the ancient. They use Neutrino ion generator, which powers their ships. It's power can make an asgard-hyperdrive go at least 700 times at fast as an earth-powered asgard hyperdrive and appoximatly 140 times as fast as the daedalus with a ZPM.
                            I don't think they need ZPMs

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                              Asgard Power devices rival that of the ancient. They use Neutrino ion generator, which powers their ships. It's power can make an asgard-hyperdrive go at least 700 times at fast as an earth-powered asgard hyperdrive and appoximatly 140 times as fast as the daedalus with a ZPM.
                              I don't think they need ZPMs
                              The speed of Asgard ships was retconned later in SG-1, so they're now just as slow as everyone else (no more 1 second trips for them!).
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X