X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth will be a tv series in fall 2008

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/news/news2.html

Link to Terry's message and a poster.
    I'm currently on book 10. Hubby's re-reading them.
    Looks like 22 episodes for season 1. Fans no longer need to wonder how the first book was going to be a movie or mini series anymore. Sam Raimi, filmed in New Zealand, major actors will be American, and Terry wrote a long message. Kind of like his books
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Great news. Last I heard it was only a mini series, but I'm glad to hear they have noticed that they have enough material to spread out over a whole season. TV badly needs something different and with the names already associated with the project I'm sure this will be one to watch.

Comment

First book is fairly good (setting is very contrived and makes little sense but waht the hell) so I'll give it a try but I'll stop watching once they get past the first book or two of material

Later books boil down to the author going on about Libertarianism and people trying to rape his female characters
      sigpic

Comment

O_o.

Um, that'd be interesting. I had to back away from that series slowly after a while because it was getting a little weird. Will they be having bondage torture and rape every episode or save that for mid seasons?
        sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Hopefully the series will do well, that will mean other book series will have potential to be turned into series.

The books were pretty good, got strange around the 6th one or so. I just finished Confessor over the weekend, wasn't too bad at all.

Comment

Working...
          X