This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUUIIIZZZZ =] Sci-fi films!

I am conducting some reasearch into sci-fi film audiences and now is your chance to show myself and other students what people REALLY want from a Sci fi!

you never know, this could go to make the next big sci-fi film/series that you love =]

Questions for Sci-fi film genre

1. How often do you watch films in any form?

2. What is your preferred format for watching a film?

3. Why?

4. How often do you watch Sci-Fi films?

5. What format do you watch sci-fi films in specifically? DVD, Box Office, TV, Cinema?

6. Why do you like/dislike sci-fi films?

7. Do you enjoy a specific sub genre of sci-fi? Like comedies, dramas, romances?

8. Do you enjoy sci-fi films more with bigger stars acting in them?

9. Can you name some of your favourite sci-fi films?

10. Why are they your favourites?

11. If you see a sci-fi film would you then watch the follow up TV series?

12. Why?

13. If you follow a Sci-fi TV show will you watch the related films?

14. Why?

15. Do you think TV to Film Sci-fi’s or Film to TV Sci-Fi’s are better
    than one off Sci-fi films?

16. if No then explain why? is it due to the seemingly original nature of the one off films if that is applicable?

17. Do you think modern sci-fi films are better than the ones made before the year 2000 and why?

18. How do you find out about sci-fi films? TV adverts, magazines, internet?

19. What would be your ideal way to find out about new releases?

20. Do you have any comments or discussion to add after doing this questionnaire?

21. Just for the sake of it, can you tell me why you think stargate the original film was so amazing?

22. [Newly added question] What is it about the character mix that makes the television series so perfect? or if anyone is strange enough, why not? =P
    Last edited by ruthlessa; 13 March 2008, 06:43 AM. Reason: Because i wanted it a bit more interesting!!

Originally posted by ruthlessa View Post
    I am conducting some reasearch into sci-fi film audiences and now is your chance to show myself and other students what people REALLY want from a Sci fi!

you never know, this could go to make the next big sci-fi film/series that you love =]

1. How often do you watch films in any form?

2. What is your preferred format for watching a film?

3. Why?

4. How often do you watch Sci-Fi films?

5. What format do you watch sci-fi films in specifically? DVD, Box Office, TV, Cinema?

6. Why do you like/dislike sci-fi films?

7. Do you enjoy a specific sub genre of sci-fi? Like comedies, dramas, romances?

8. Do you enjoy sci-fi films more with bigger stars acting in them?

9. Can you name some of your favourite sci-fi films?

10. Why are they your favourites?

11. If you see a sci-fi film would you then watch the follow up TV series?

12. Why?

13. If you follow a Sci-fi TV show will you watch the related films?

14. Why?

than one off Sci-fi films?

16. if No then explain why? is it due to the seemingly original nature of the one off films if that is applicable?

17. Do you think modern sci-fi films are better than the ones made before the year 2000 and why?

18. How do you find out about sci-fi films? TV adverts, magazines, internet?

19. What would be your ideal way to find out about new releases?

20. Do you have any comments or discussion to add after doing this questionnaire?

21. Just for the sake of it, can you tell me why you think stargate the original film was so amazing?

1. Almost every day.
    2. My tv at home.
    3. Cheaper, comfortable.
    4. Mabye twice a week.
    5. DVD/TV.
    6. Like. Because scifi is an escape from reality.
    7. Drama. With the exception of MIB I/II.
    8. Yeah. The bigger the star the better the movie.
    9. STARGATE, I. Robot, Close Encounters..., ET, Signs, Contact, MIB I/II, War of the Worlds (the remake) etc...
    10. Faves because good acting, great script and storylines. And great actors.
    11. Been there done that. Will do it again.
    12. If I liked the movie I'll watch the show. Simple as that. I'd also be interested in where the writers take the concept of the movie in the show/series. What stories they have to tell.
    13. Yeahsureyabetcha!
    14. Because I like the scifi tv show. And I would want to see more if the show was, oh, I dunno, CANCELED. I'd like to see it go on...and on...and on.
    15. You bet I do.
    16. N/A
    17. Technology wise, yes. Otherwise, no. I prefer the storylines of the older (before 2000) scifi movies. Excepting of course I. Robot.
    18. Comming attractions, tv, and scifi magazines.
    19. Magazines/internet. You can read all about the new movies and learn more about them that way than from watching an ad.
    20. I'm happy do be the first to respond. This was fun. Happy to help.
    21. It just was. Seriously, the concept. LOVED the concept. Alien existance, travel to other worlds/planets and mostly the fact that it was set in the present versus the future. That made it more relateable to viewers, like me. It wasn't set in the future where space travel and alien exsistance might be the norm or some such. We got to see how Daniel reacted the first time he layed eyes on the stargate and the wonder on everyones faces when the Gate dialed Abydose. If this movie was set in the future we wouldn't have that, we wouldn't understand just how amazing the Gate is. We got to experience everything right along side the characters. There first/mission trip through the stargate was also our first trip/mission through the stargate. Am I making any sense at all? Do ya get what I mean?

Bye,
    RiG!
    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 12 March 2008, 06:39 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

1. How often do you watch films in any form?whenever i can

2. What is your preferred format for watching a film?dvd

3. Why?it is convenient

4. How often do you watch Sci-Fi films?whenever i can cuz i love them

6. Why do you like/dislike sci-fi films?cuz they usually have aliens or things in outer space which fascinates me

7. Do you enjoy a specific sub genre of sci-fi? Like comedies, dramas, romances? sci-fi in general

8. Do you enjoy sci-fi films more with bigger stars acting in them? more or less

9. Can you name some of your favourite sci-fi films? Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, Starship Troopers

10. Why are they your favourites? because they have aliens and space

11. If you see a sci-fi film would you then watch the follow up TV series?yes

12. Why?so i could get up to speed on that series

13. If you follow a Sci-fi TV show will you watch the related films?most definayely

14. Why?because i enjoy the show and will watch anything pertaining to it

than one off Sci-fi films? no

16. if No then explain why? is it due to the seemingly original nature of the one off films if that is applicable?sure

17. Do you think modern sci-fi films are better than the ones made before the year 2000 and why?yeppo. better cg images, no puppets (star wars)

18. How do you find out about sci-fi films? TV adverts, magazines, internet? all of the above

19. What would be your ideal way to find out about new releases? internet

20. Do you have any comments or discussion to add after doing this questionnaire?hmmm, um no.

21. Just for the sake of it, can you tell me why you think stargate the original film was so amazing?because it was an ingenious mix of ancient mythology and an awesome plot that really made it interesting.
      sigpic
      Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Working...
      X