AOT shields, spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOT shields, spoilers

First id like to say i did like the movie, and it is well worth the money saying it. And there is always going to be something bad, because no movie is perfect,
    So the thing that sticks out the most to me is how did the the odys sheilds take soooooo many hits from the ori's main weapon, with the asgard core back up an running, since we would not have been able to use it after unielding, it should be the same as when it was operating before, one shot from an ori weapon with 1zpm and asgard shields, and the core and power supply, took our shields down around 20 percent. I don think im missing something, so is this just a plothole that was meant to build up supsense?
    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Well, they could have tweaked Oddys shields to work better, or they could have found a way to transfer more power faster from the Z(ed)PM to the shields.

And in Unending, the destruction of Aurilla (big boom) could have taken a lot of power from the shields.Not to mention that the shields of a BC-304 take long time to recharge.
    Trailers and PR
    Stargate: War Begins team
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
    forums:
    http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

they werent using anything but the shields the z.p.m only had to power the shields no weapons or engines just the shields.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
        First id like to say i did like the movie, and it is well worth the money saying it. And there is always going to be something bad, because no movie is perfect,
        So the thing that sticks out the most to me is how did the the odys sheilds take soooooo many hits from the ori's main weapon, with the asgard core back up an running, since we would not have been able to use it after unielding, it should be the same as when it was operating before, one shot from an ori weapon with 1zpm and asgard shields, and the core and power supply, took our shields down around 20 percent. I don think im missing something, so is this just a plothole that was meant to build up supsense?
        As I remember the explosion of the Orilla reached the Odyssey.

Comment

that is a good question. from the movie only 6 hits appear to have actually hit the oddy. A 304 can take two direct hits without a ZPM, as seen by the Korolev in Camelot. A 304 with a ZPM can take 3-4 hits as seen in unending. Also in AOT the Oddy isn't firing back. all power could go to shields which were probably raised by the replicators to protect themselves. It is my thought that the replicators were tweaking the shields in between the hits. Something we aren't fast enough to do, but replicators are.

Whatever you do don't tell the IOA that though.

Comment

it got hit more then 3 or 4 times in unending and the shield took damage when orilla brew up

Comment

If the Ori beam takes a fixed percentage each shot, then in Unending, 12 shots are needed to destroy the Odyssey.

In AoT, Odyssey survived WAY MORE shots than that. Way more.

Comment

I've always thought that the asgard cc regulated the power and only ran the sheilds, they clearly didn't move or shoot back. They took well over 10 direct hits.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                  If the Ori beam takes a fixed percentage each shot, then in Unending, 12 shots are needed to destroy the Odyssey.

In AoT, Odyssey survived WAY MORE shots than that. Way more.
                  I dont see how you get 12 shots out of the finale like that, one shot took them down something like 20% and then the next one about the same.

The power not going to other systems seems reasonable but then why would we have to worry if we dropped out of hyperspace, couldnt they have taken many more shots if they just sat there, it should have given carter time to take off of asgard core, i mean the ody in aot was almost out of shields and was still taking shots from the ori. It just would have been nice to have an explanation in the movie why the shields were uber.
                  sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

there were at least 2 hits before we found out anything about sheild status.

Comment

The replicators were taking over the ship and presumably almost all systems. I assumed they boosted the shields the way they always advance tech (so they could stay alive long enough to replicate enough), like they advanced Asgard and Goauld Tech. This especially makes sense since all of the Odyssey's specs were already downloaded into it. That is the only logical explanantion

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                        there were at least 2 hits before we found out anything about sheild status.
                        Ok so 3 hits took them down too 83% 3hits = 27 % of shields

Still way more of an effect than in aot
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
                          The replicators were taking over the ship and presumably almost all systems. I assumed they boosted the shields the way they always advance tech (so they could stay alive long enough to replicate enough), like they advanced Asgard and Goauld Tech. This especially makes sense since all of the Odyssey's specs were already downloaded into it. That is the only logical explanantion
                          They didnt envolop our power core tho like they had to do in goauld tech to make the hataks better, the queen was only stealling power from the ship not adding to it. It if the ship blew up they probably would survive. Then they could just form in space and take over an ori ship.
                          sigpic

Comment

And sometihng i noticed is that the Odissey was able to take like 3 hits with no sheilds
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I am not surprised actually.

Look at Atlantis' shield:

10 Wraith Hives and over 20 Wraith Cruisers would take 3+ days to take down Atlantis' shields powered by ONE ZPM!
                              1 or 2 Hives can take out Daedalus' shields in 1+ minutes.
                              2-3 Shots from an Orii ship takes down the shield.

That means it would take thousands of shots to take out a 1 ZPM Atlantis.
                              Assuming no anti-shield specialties that is.

So the Oddyssey taking a dozen+ hits is no problem.

Remember in Unending:
                              Ship entirely reffit and reworked.
                              Planet exploded and damaged the ship.
                              Ship took 6+ hits in Unending anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X