Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amelius,Greatest Inventor? (AoT Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amelius,Greatest Inventor? (AoT Spoilers)

Ok, don't know if anybody else saw this in Ark of Truth or not, because I couldn't find any posts about it, if this has been covered Mods just delete this I am sorry. But ok isn't Amelius the Alteran the greatest inventor of all time?

Like these are his inventions known so far.

Spoiler:
    Ark of Truth-a machine capable of showing anyone the truth. And the stargate, look closely at his notebook as they are about to leave the planet in the flashback, his notebook is open to a page describing the 7 point theory about an address, and a picture/schematic of a stargate

Definitely made my day.
    sigpichttp://www.cafepress.com/newancients

Yep, that was a nice scene and when he said: "I had the most amazing idea last night..." Priceless.

Comment

How do we know this guy's name?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        It was probably listed in the credits
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          The women with him says it, I had to turn on subtitles to be sure, because at first I couldn't tell if it was Neelis or Nelix, and I was like no I hope his name isn't that same as the guy from Voyager.

Comment

great catch. i saw the picture of the Stargate and didn't think anything about it. see if you can get screen caps of it so we can see it better. does anyone also have a clear pic of the ship they left in because it took off just like atlantis took off from Antarctica. i am sure it wasn't Atlantis itself because it isn't that old but it could be something similar

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
              great catch. i saw the picture of the Stargate and didn't think anything about it. see if you can get screen caps of it so we can see it better. does anyone also have a clear pic of the ship they left in because it took off just like atlantis took off from Antarctica. i am sure it wasn't Atlantis itself because it isn't that old but it could be something similar
              It's more like a town ship, smaller. and yes, there are caps... bu i can't find them.

Comment

There was a communication device in the background as well, so it is possible he invented that too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AncientLantian View Post
                  Ok, don't know if anybody else saw this in Ark of Truth or not, because I couldn't find any posts about it, if this has been covered Mods just delete this I am sorry. But ok isn't Amelius the Alteran the greatest inventor of all time?

Like these are his inventions known so far.

Spoiler:
                  Ark of Truth-a machine capable of showing anyone the truth. And the stargate, look closely at his notebook as they are about to leave the planet in the flashback, his notebook is open to a page describing the 7 point theory about an address, and a picture/schematic of a stargate

Definitely made my day.
                  Dude, I was gona start a thread about this but you beat me to it!!!!! Yeah, Amelius: greatest of all time!!!!! He has usurped this title from Merlin. I mean, not only did he conceptualize the stargate, the most famous of all Alterran technological creations, but he came up with the technological device that wiped out the Ori. I think that every people in the Milky Way should have a statue of Amelius, because it was him who ultimately freed them from suffering a much worse slavery at the hands of the Ori.

Comment

Here ya go...

sigpic

Comment

Now that I have the screen cap in front of me, I'm reminded why I thought something bothered me when watching that scene. Its the chevrons...how does he know what the constellations look like when presumably he hasn't been to earth yet? Any thoughts other than we are supposed to ignore it cause its television.

Comment

actually it we dont know if he invented the ark he just supported using it, but he probably should be credited for the invention of a stargate.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by AncientLantian
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          wasn't the AoT more of a brainwashing machine ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            wasn't the AoT more of a brainwashing machine ?
                            well the ancients did have the philosopy of "there is only one truth and that is that the universe is infinite"
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by AncientLantian View Post
                              Now that I have the screen cap in front of me, I'm reminded why I thought something bothered me when watching that scene. Its the chevrons...how does he know what the constellations look like when presumably he hasn't been to earth yet? Any thoughts other than we are supposed to ignore it cause its television.
                              This is something that has always bothered me about Stargate. The gates use a 6 point system to plot a destination point in 3 dimensions (6 chevrons), followed by an origin point (7th chevron), and the destination chevrons were supposed to represent constellations, right? Well, wouldn't the constellations look different if you were at different places in the galaxy? As I recall from SG-1, the origin symbol was the only different symbol on each DHD. And if all the symbols on all DHDs in the galaxy were relative to Earth's viewpoint, how would the Goa'uld ever have figured out how to use the Stargate system?
                              Unless, of course, they figured it out after coming to Earth, which is suggested in the original Stargate movie since Ra kidnapped his host from a ship.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X