should F-302 use Dart's canopy force field tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should F-302 use Dart's canopy force field tech

The Wraith Dart's canopy force field is quite flexible, it open and close quickly.And the interior roof can also use as a computer screen like a big HUD.Showing the pilot battle data like the energy fight position.

I wonder if we can incorporate the Wraith canopy into F-302.
    We could replace the current cockpit window , the 302 can reduce a lot of weight ,and give the pilot a big screen to display data and HUD, and even use to project image of different view of the outside, like if we put tiny camera like cellphone camera in different part of the 302 and use the Canopy's projection screen to see the front ,the back the top ,the bottom of the 302.

but the only drew back is it require energy ,in space we need all the energy available, a little energy could mean the difference of a few more minute of life support .
    But what if we use the Canopy force field suppliment the exisiting cockpit window, if you are flying in space,and enemy fighter are shooting att you.
    Do you really trust the cockpit window, a piece of glass ,separateing you and the vaccum space.
    The Canopy can be use as emengency like a crack in the window or reenforcment during the battle, or extra computer screen ,for face to face
    communication or displaying battle data.

IMO no

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Im pretty sure being hit by a missile or a plasma shot will destroy a f-302 and dart pretty easy. And its not a force shield, its its just an outer layer like a skin with a computer HUD.
      Visit my Website

Comment

The f302 helmets will probably be upgraded with f35 helmets
        Last edited by kefke20; 13 March 2008, 02:29 PM.
        sorry cant spell

Comment

why not just upgrade the existing 302 windshield to have a HUD? Less money going into R&D and it wouldnt be a power concern as much.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

They could build a holograpic-projector or use a HMDS(F-35,Gripen etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
              Do you really trust the cockpit window, a piece of glass ,separateing you and the vaccum space.
              I highly doubt that it's just a piece of glass.

It's got to be double glazing at least.

Comment

No, that's absurd. It's nothing more than impractical coolness.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Wouldnt be practical overly expensive would need more production and infrastructure.

Besides in combat a pilot will very rarely use his window to do any actual fighting his plane already has a HUD just not on the canopy and in combat especialy in space at the speeds F-302's are doing there is no point your unlikely to see the enemy just hear that youve got tone for your missles and fire.

as for the cameras being fitted onto it would be the same what you see would already be past you and being able to see the fighting behind you wont do you much good for recon probably would be nice to have but would make more sense to add more target painting gear and radar type sensorsso you can lock targets with your missles when there behind (which we can do anyway) i just dont see any practical use in it.
                  if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                    But what if we use the Canopy force field suppliment the exisiting cockpit window, if you are flying in space,and enemy fighter are shooting att you.
                    The Canopy can be use as emengency like a crack in the window or reenforcment during the battle, or extra computer screen ,for face to face
                    communication or displaying battle data.
                    NEVER replace glass wtih a forcefield! bad bad bad ..

As for supplementing it, the 302 will weigh more, making it less agile (F=m*a) , thus you can get shot easier, anda 302 will usually be destroyed pretty quickly anyway.

Comment

I agree i think that we stick with our good ol Earth tech and never take any tech fromteh Wraith it never ends good
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats a gd idea but remember the episode 210 The Lost Boys where sheppard had to fly the dart he had to have Dr. Mckay hook up his computer because the Darts canopy is black and u cannot see through it, was a way of making it so u could see out and no one can see in that would be cool
                        Weir: "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                        McKay: "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                        Sheppard: "I shot him. In the leg."
                        McKay: "I'm invulnerable."
                        Weird: "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                        McKay:"In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spankmeimbritish09 View Post
                          Thats a gd idea but remember the episode 210 The Lost Boys where sheppard had to fly the dart he had to have Dr. Mckay hook up his computer because the Darts canopy is black and u cannot see through it, was a way of making it so u could see out and no one can see in that would be cool
                          Well. the wraith Canopy can also function a computer screen .Remember "Lost Boy", when Shepard was flying it , it display other dart fighter like an 80's computer game,
                          we can put little small camera(like the cellphone camera) outsider the 302, the Canopy display the pictures outside ,we already have that kind of tech on a cellphone, we improve it with better resolution and pixel .

Comment

indeed...use F35 helmets, thats the way to go especially in a dogfight! kick a$$!

Comment

It's incompatible. F-302s are metal, why how and why would they slap on an organic component when we already have the technology to replicate the HUD effect using normal materials?

Plus I'm inclined to believe that it's best to be able to physically see your enemies when dogfighting and such. For bigger ships it's fine to rely on sensors or cameras, but in fighters, I think it's better for a transparent canopy.

Comment

Working...
                              X