Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wraith weakeness (Spoilers, for all seasons, AOT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith weakeness (Spoilers, for all seasons, AOT)

We know that the Ancient on the Auroa either found a weakness in the wraith.

Now that given that Atlantis was surrounded at the time and that they was most likely planning to retreat to the Milkyway. I have for a long time been wondering what this weakness was.

Now I am guestign that the weapon or weakness would have to be something which was immediately deployable on mass scale, meet with the Ancient morals, and would take minimal amount of ships and resources to pull off.

Me and my house mate cam up with several ideas for potential weaknesses.

The queens.

So far as we seen their are relatively few queens currently, but wiping out queens could wipe out the wraith. This could not off been the weakness the ancients was talking about, as it would meant somehow tracking down each hive with queen on, and these would been well protective, huge resources would of been required to acheive this plan.

The wraith physic network.

We know before the food shortage that the wraith had a extensive physic network that they would usually communicate through. Their several ways the Ancients could of used this during the war with the ancients, one is that could of sent out some kind of signal which disable this physic network, limiting the wraith communication capabilities. A other weapon similar in design to the wraith illusion weapon found on the could of been developed by a rogue organization of the ancients, if deployed it perhaps would given the wraith illusions, nightmare cause mass panicked amongst the wraith. A even more powerful weapon could be some which sends some sought neural shock through their entire network, killing every wraith connected to network. An other approach would be the recreation of a similar art of truth device which simply made th believes it was wrong to freed on other intelligent life. My mate thinks that Ancients would of thought all the above would of been immoral and thus would not used the technology even if they did have.

Cloning Facility

And other idea would of been the Auaroa discovery of the cloning facility. But to me that discovery would not of made sense, I mean the captain of ship seem like a smart bloke who would do anything to win the war, so to me if he did discover such a facility he would of just either rammed the facility with his whip or used drones to destroyed the facility from orbit. Why this would of been a major set back, given that by that time they already took over most of the galaxy and have ancients on the run I just do not see this winning the war.

Hoftman Drug that Micheal been using

This drug we know would derived from Hoftman who the wraith was unable to feed off. I am guesting that the ancients developed some sought retro virus which implanted genes into humans, which enables humans to safely produce the protein which prevents the feeding process. This protection could then be pasted down generation from generation. The first uses was on the hoftman planet was experiment, and the human was last one left over from the experiment.

This seem like the most likely weapon, it mass deployable, simply launch the missile through the Stargate to deploy the virus. It does not required enormous resources to mass produce a viral weapon. They could overnight deploy the virus on hundreds worlds which could then potentially takeout dozens on hives before the wraith even knew what hit them. This kind of massive disruption would at least stop the wraith advance and allow the ancient to rebuild the infrastructure.

retrovirus? symbiont poison for wraith?
    or perhaps something that jams their tech?

Comment

i think it was people! maybe they found out that there was not enough humans to go around and started small fights with each other and possible the aroura being cloaked saw this

the asurans felt that humans would destroy the wraith eventaully
      sigpic

Comment

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have it. a NEUTRON CANNON. obviously, neutron radiation is hazardous for both normal and organic material. and it penetrates deep. and its perfect against naquahdah and neutronium, as dense materials dont block it very much. materials are disrupted. so a neutron cannon would do serious damage to a hive. imagine their faces when our guns shred through their hulls.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have it. a NEUTRON CANNON. obviously, neutron radiation is hazardous for both normal and organic material. and it penetrates deep. and its perfect against naquahdah and neutronium, as dense materials dont block it very much. materials are disrupted. so a neutron cannon would do serious damage to a hive. imagine their faces when our guns shred through their hulls.
          *jots it down in his notebook of 101 ways to kill wraith*

Comment

actually, to kill ANY ship and organic being. 101 to kill reapers. if they dont die immediatly, theyll die later

Comment

Be funny if their weakness was no shields so shield by-passing drones were useless, stupid ancients.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought he said they found a weakness in Wraith technology. I reckon it could be something to do with the organic components that most Wraith stuff uses.
                sigpic

Comment

The Ancients were responsible for the creation to the wraith, correct? This might mean the wraith use outdated versions of ancient technology. Why couldn't the Ancients find weaknesses in their old technology and exploit them?
                  Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

I still think it is something to do with how their tech is made. Perhaps the ancients found a key component that grows somewhere that without it, the wraith tech would start shutting down (when it runs out of fuel)..

Comment

I think we can say now with a reasonable amount of certainty that it was the cloning facility.

Comment

But what weakness would be from an army of clones?

I think their weakness was that they needed to feed. So, just kill all the humans in the Pegasus Galaxy IE Dakara-like weapon, and come back later to re populate the galaxy.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          I think their weakness was that they needed to feed. So, just kill all the humans in the Pegasus Galaxy IE Dakara-like weapon, and come back later to re populate the galaxy.
                          No it wasn't. That was what the Asurans (ie the nanites) attempted to do, but as they said in Season 3, the Ancients didn't heed their counsel, ie decided not to kill all the humans. I mean if they were against a little brainwashing to save themselves, I seriously doubt they would be up for genocide for survival.

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          I think we can say now with a reasonable amount of certainty that it was the cloning facility.
                          No, because the captain says a weakness in wraith TECHnology, not a weakness of the wraith.

My guess would be something related to how Wraith tech is organic in nature. If I had to guess a weakness, perhaps a certain type of radiation the ships were susceptible to? We do know the ships can't handle prolonged hyperspace radiation...

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            But what weakness would be from an army of clones?
                            Blow it up and their constant flow of numbers stops.

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
                            No, because the captain says a weakness in wraith TECHnology, not a weakness of the wraith.
                            Interesting. The ancients lost the war because the Wraith had a seemingly unlimited supply of troops, the cloning facility made these troops so obviously it's destruction would be a huge blow to them. Maybe the weakness in the technology was that they needed ZPMs to power it but couldn't actually make them, making their entire war effort dependant on getting their hands on ancient ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              Blow it up and their constant flow of numbers stops.

Interesting. The ancients lost the war because the Wraith had a seemingly unlimited supply of troops, the cloning facility made these troops so obviously it's destruction would be a huge blow to them. Maybe the weakness in the technology was that they needed ZPMs to power it but couldn't actually make them, making their entire war effort dependant on getting their hands on ancient ones.
                              I asked this question on JM's blog but he never answered it as the "Aurora" weakess thing was left in the air so with "Spoil of War" it seems like the only possible weakness that the Wraith suffered from currently. So yeah I kind of agree with that assessment.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X