PDA

View Full Version : Who dies?

The Suicidal Goldfish
March 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Bearing in mind the climax of TLM, who's a gonner? Don't tell me there's some plot device here that's gonna save everyone or that will majorly suck!

cabouse18
March 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Bearing in mind the climax of TLM, who's a gonner? Don't tell me there's some plot device here that's gonna save everyone or that will majorly suck!

Kanan....I think he will be the only one to bite the big in the premiere.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
March 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
And here I thought this thread is about who TPTB will kill this season in general.

I won't watch Season 5 but anyway I believe by Season 7 we will have a completely new cast except for McKay. He will be the only original castmember left.

Willow'sCat
March 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I believe by Season 7 we will have a completely new cast except for McKay. He will be the only original castmember left.
You say that like it is a bad thing? :S:D

I think from the spoilers we saw, some of which have apparently been pulled since...that none of the main cast or main regulars bite it. It is only redshirts and as someone said probably Kannan (can't have Teyla playing "happy families" on Atlantis after all :rolleyes:).

The TARDIS
March 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Lorne, most like-

*is mobbed to death by legions of Lorne whummpers and thunkers*

naamiaiset
March 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
samantha carter, since she gets replaced in season five. unless, she's replaced another way that I just haven't read about.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
March 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I believe Lorne survives all. Now that they bring in Captain Vega I have a strong feeling that he could be the new lead on Stargate: Universe.

FN-P90
March 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I'd put my money on Lorne.

Esquin
March 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Why won't you be watching season 5? Why are you in the season 5 threads if you don't even plan on watching it?

But yeah Lorne is a good bet. Only one to survive in the wold time line, it'd be the pefect irony if he took it now.

huntress
March 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Sam Carter since Amanda Tapping is no longer bound by contract and we already know that Woolsey is going to come and replace her.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
March 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Why won't you be watching season 5? Why are you in the season 5 threads if you don't even plan on watching it?

Season 4 was crap. The writing was just awfull. The way TPTB treated Carter was a slap in the face of long time fans. Further more every female guest was portrayed as a sex object for McKay and Sheppard. The new characters were badly written especially Keller and Larrin. Keller's constant whining made alot of the episodes unwatchable. Almost forgot. The way they treated Torri Higginson aka Weir.

Season 5 doesn't look any better from all the spoilers I read. For example that Woolsey will be put in charge. I like Robert Picardo in his role as the Doctor on Star Trek Voyager but his Stargate character just isn't leadership material. They made Keller a regular character. Need I go on?

I however need my share of Stargate. If TPTB can't provide me with it then I can at least get my share of Stargate on the forum.

Ferret
March 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I believe that, if they keep trying to improve the show by messing with the cast, by 2nd half of S6, maybe only Sheppard will be left, at which point the show will have jumped the shark. With what's going to happen to Ronon in S5, I see a Ford Maneuver being pulled, where they bust him down to recurring and then kill him.

Jumper_One
March 10th, 2008, 03:58 PM
samantha carter, since she gets replaced in season five. unless, she's replaced another way that I just haven't read about.

Sam Carter since Amanda Tapping is no longer bound by contract and we already know that Woolsey is going to come and replace her.

Sam won't die ;) 1) both AT and JM have said that they'd like Sam to make guest appearances in future Atlantis eps 2) Sam will appear in future movies

hm I don't think that Lorne will die, what about Michael?

sueKay
March 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Lorne and/or Kanan

they'd better not kill Lorne!!!

huntress
March 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Sam won't die ;) 1) both AT and JM have said that they'd like Sam to make guest appearances in future Atlantis eps 2) Sam will appear in future movies

hm I don't think that Lorne will die, what about Michael?

If that is so, then why is Woolsey going to come? There is no reason for him to take over when Sam is still around.

Buck32
March 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM

I'll tell ya what will die, good plots/stories, good characterisations, strong female characters, team based episodes, and the sense of wonder and discovery that used to be in the show we call stargate Atlantis. prove me wrong PTB, prove me wrong!!!

but seriously i'd be very worried if i was Lorne right now, he's had a target painted on his but for a while now!!! who i wish would die in no particular order. keller, Teyla, and Michael, he's just getting plain annoying!

Falcon Horus
March 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Every single one will come out of that building alive, at least the characters with actual names. There might be some red shirt killing.

Next on the list, probably Kanaan since they don't know what to do with him anyway. And that's 501, not talking about the rest of the season where I wouldn't be surprised if more (un)named characters will bite the untimely dust.

Jumper_One
March 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
If that is so, then why is Woolsey going to come? There is no reason for him to take over when Sam is still around.

simple. AT decided to leave and focus on Sanctuary. TBTB were looking for a new leader and finally decided to ask if RP was interested, and he was. we don't know how or why Sam will leave Atlantis, there are several theories. however like I said she'll appear in future movies and might return in upcoming Atlantis eps. last but not least TBTB aren't stupid. do you have any idea what would happen if they'd kill her? hell they didn't kill Jack when he left the show and there are a lot more reasons to keep Sam alive ;)

kymeric
March 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I believe Lorne survives all. Now that they bring in Captain Vega I have a strong feeling that he could be the new lead on Stargate: Universe.

Id like that, but theyre gonna be done filming most if not all of season five long before theyre even building sets from SGU. Personally i hope they have a good lead into sgu from sga like how sg1 searched for atlantis for a year. Atlantis should show the prep/search for sgu.

escyos
March 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
i think that in the last man, michael messed with the DHD so it sent sheppard to another planet where he was brainwashed ino believing he had gone to atlantis in the future so as to lure more atlantis members (mckay, ronan and others) into a trap to kill them...hence the booby trap in the lab

why would the IOA place woolsey in charge. if the future account was false then there is no need for it, if it isnt true, sam never dies and woolsey never takes over

<mod snip....please check out the FAQ about respecting others...you don't have to like their opinions, but you do have to respect them>

mlund05
March 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Wasnt there like an interview or something recently that said the reason woosley will be in charge of atlantis instead of carter in S5 may have something to do with continuum?

Killdeer
March 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I was just reading through some episode spoilers on the Stargate Solutions site. Spoilers for Broken Ties:

Lorne is scheduled to appear in that episode, so I think we can relax about him surviving S&R.

SG-ME
March 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I read somewhere yesterday about Lornes character and season 5

It said that he will appear in 13 episodes in S5, cant confirm this to be true however. Im just glad that he might get more screen time.

MattSilver 3k
March 11th, 2008, 12:18 AM
*Facepalm*

Lorne won't die. For the reasons above.

Carter won't die... why would they kill off a MAIN character since Ep 1 in the spin off show?

Smart money says Kanan or Mikey.

Ferret
March 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Id like that, but theyre gonna be done filming most if not all of season five long before theyre even building sets from SGU. Personally i hope they have a good lead into sgu from sga like how sg1 searched for atlantis for a year. Atlantis should show the prep/search for sgu.

Sadly, that won't happen, as SGU is going to be a stand-alone series without connections to SG-1 or SGA.

jasminaGo
March 11th, 2008, 04:27 AM
i think that in the last man, michael messed with the DHD so it sent sheppard to another planet where he was brainwashed ino believing he had gone to atlantis in the future so as to lure more atlantis members (mckay, ronan and others) into a trap to kill them...hence the booby trap in the lab

why would the IOA place woolsey in charge. if the future account was false then there is no need for it, if it isnt true, sam never dies and woolsey never takes over

<mod snip....please check out the FAQ about respecting others...you don't have to like their opinions, but you do have to respect them>

read this

simple. AT decided to leave and focus on Sanctuary. TBTB were looking for a new leader and finally decided to ask if RP was interested, and he was. we don't know how or why Sam will leave Atlantis, there are several theories. however like I said she'll appear in future movies and might return in upcoming Atlantis eps. last but not least TBTB aren't stupid. do you have any idea what would happen if they'd kill her? hell they didn't kill Jack when he left the show and there are a lot more reasons to keep Sam alive ;)

As for the first part I think it's a little farfetched.

Skydiver
March 11th, 2008, 04:33 AM
i can't recall the last scene, did they have any red shirts with them???? if so, those folks are toast, or at least one of them. I'm sure that shep and rod will survive, and lorne as well.

red shirts, however, are cannon fodder to add 'drama' by someone getting killed

Falcon Horus
March 11th, 2008, 05:19 AM
i can't recall the last scene, did they have any red shirts with them???? if so, those folks are toast, or at least one of them. I'm sure that shep and rod will survive, and lorne as well.

red shirts, however, are cannon fodder to add 'drama' by someone getting killed

Yup, they had a team of red shirts with them.

Torri012
March 11th, 2008, 06:55 AM
And here I thought this thread is about who TPTB will kill this season in general.

I won't watch Season 5 but anyway I believe by Season 7 we will have a completely new cast except for McKay. He will be the only original castmember left.

HAHAHA! thats exactly what i thought :P

they make the show so bad because of killing all the good ones that there wont be left for more seasons beyond no. 5 :) :D and yes, i can smile about that, because all my fav charas disappeared already (weir - carson - kolya)

voted i would say...
# killed: lorne
# written out: ronon

Jackie
March 11th, 2008, 07:12 AM
who dies?

a red shirt in nearly every freaking episode. what would tptb do with out that plot device?

ShadowMaat
March 11th, 2008, 07:13 AM

It said that he will appear in 13 episodes in S5, cant confirm this to be true however. Im just glad that he might get more screen time.
Much as I love Lorne, I'd be worried if he's in too many eps as it probably means TPTB are setting him up to be killed by the end of the season.

Sadly, that won't happen, as SGU is going to be a stand-alone series without connections to SG-1 or SGA.
If true that'd actually be a relief. However, I'm not about to hold my breath, especially since even if it was true at some point it may not be true by the time they start filming.

Having him as the lead (or a lead) in SGU might be... interesting, but I can't shake the fear that if he got bumped up the ladder- on either show- his character would become flatter, less interesting and a lot more rigid. Recurring characters seem to fare better development-wise.

Yup, they had a team of red shirts with them.
Then as has been said, they're toast. Our Heroes will miraculously survive, but everyone else will have died horribly in the explosion/collapse. Except maybe for one token Red Shirt who lives just long enough for us to see him suffer as Our Heroes try valiantly to save him before he, too, dies from his injuries. ;)

The_Carpenter
March 11th, 2008, 07:17 AM
who dies?

a red shirt in nearly every freaking episode. what would tptb do with out that plot device?
As is true in virtually every other Sci-fi programme.

People complain when they kill named characters and also complain when they kill red shirts... I honestly would really hate to be TPTB

ToasterOnFire
March 11th, 2008, 08:06 AM
No one with a name in the credits will die in the building. That means Shep, McKay, and Lorne are safe, but the redshirts are fair game. Oh noes, the redshirts! Look at how fandom is abuzz over their fate! :rolleyes:

Kanaan might die but I sure don't care. Michael may die, and I'd probably care more if TPTB had kept him as an interesting villain instead of this power-hungry, emotionless caricature we see now.

GoSpikey
March 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
[mod snip]

The Michael/Teyla shippers try to kind of defend him, saying that he became cold because his last human part died in the form of Teyla. After that, he just no longer cared and did the worst he could.

We don't know how she died, so it's a possibility.

And I too find it a bit strange that we don't really know Major Lorne's team, aka they mostly don't have names, aka you kill them off every now and then.

I rewatched "The Defiant One" yesterday, and it just happened that Shep, Rodney and 2 John Doe's were in the Jumper going towards a Wraith Supply Ship. Guess who died? Yup, the Doe's... Later on, Teyla and Ford came to the rescue... Very strange, really. Splitting them up. :D

ShadowMaat
March 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hmm... I wonder if Lorne is considered bad luck and if people go to lengths to avoid getting assigned to him just because of the death rate? ;) Poor Lorne, it's so hard to find good Red Shirts these days. LOL!

Kanaan is a definite possibility, but I think he may survive long enough to die tragically in Teyla's arms. :rolleyes:

Falcon Horus
March 11th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I rewatched "The Defiant One" yesterday, and it just happened that Shep, Rodney and 2 John Doe's were in the Jumper going towards a Wraith Supply Ship. Guess who died? Yup, the Doe's... Later on, Teyla and Ford came to the rescue... Very strange, really. Splitting them up. :D

Those two John Doe's happened to have a name... Gaul and Abrams.

melfan
March 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM

and that makes me a very happy Lorne thunker/whumper
And I read that it will be
14 episodes :rolleyes: Makes much of a diffrence huh? 1 ep :P

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
None of the main cast will bite the bullet.

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'd be very pissed if they did.

jelgate
March 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM

What about Atlantis marine #3

Sam & Jack Shipper
March 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Lorne, most like-

*is mobbed to death by legions of Lorne whummpers and thunkers*
NOOOOOOOOOO!:eek:

Sam & Jack Shipper
March 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Kanaan would be my hope.
Michael is such a yummy villan and Lorne is just yummy period.

VSS
March 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
No one dies. S 5 photo spoilers We see Sam in a PJ- she's going back in time to stop the team from going into the building. Then they return to "now" and decide look somewhere else. They can do this as many times as it takes to find Teyla without really killing themselves off. To save the galaxy, Sam would be willing to do it. She did it in 2010when it meant the end of the world. Why not now?

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Fine by me. That's the reason they created red shirts.

Jumper_One
March 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
As for the first part I think it's a little farfetched.

how so?

:indeed:

I'd be very pissed if they did.

like I said it they won't kill her. none of the original team members will ever die imo. even MS didn't die in Meridian ;)

:lol:

No one dies. S 5 photo spoilers We see Sam in a PJ- she's going back in time to stop the team from going into the building. Then they return to "now" and decide look somewhere else. They can do this as many times as it takes to find Teyla without really killing themselves off. To save the galaxy, Sam would be willing to do it. She did it in 2010when it meant the end of the world. Why not now?

that's an interesting theory. it's based on one pic? I'm just curious...

jasminaGo
March 12th, 2008, 01:26 AM
how so?

I didn't mean your first part was farfetched, I used that bold part to answer the second part of escyos's post (I hope you don't mind), and then I was talking about his first part of the post, about Sheppard being brainwashed and all. Does that make sence? :confused:

Reiko
March 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM
One thing is certain: Kanaan will be disposed of in the first few episodes :P

Jumper_One
March 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't mean your first part was farfetched, I used that bold part to answer the second part of escyos's post

oh ok

(I hope you don't mind),

nah why would I mind? :)

and then I was talking about his first part of the post, about Sheppard being brainwashed and all. Does that make sence? :confused:

yes I think it does :D

Another comment - doubt they'd kill Sam, because she'd not be in any future DVD movies if they did. I'm sure a lot of non-Sam fans would be ok with her being killed, but I wouldn't.

they'd never kill Sam. there's no reason and like you said she'll appear in future movies and upcoming Atlantis eps. remember when RDA left the show, did they kill him? no. then why kill Sam? it makes no sense imo

jelgate
March 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
One thing is certain: Kanaan will be disposed of in the first few episodes :P

You say that like its a bad thing:P

Detox
March 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Season 4 was crap. The writing was just awfull. The way TPTB treated Carter was a slap in the face of long time fans. Further more every female guest was portrayed as a sex object for McKay and Sheppard. The new characters were badly written especially Keller and Larrin. Keller's constant whining made alot of the episodes unwatchable. Almost forgot. The way they treated Torri Higginson aka Weir.

Season 5 doesn't look any better from all the spoilers I read. For example that Woolsey will be put in charge. I like Robert Picardo in his role as the Doctor on Star Trek Voyager but his Stargate character just isn't leadership material. They made Keller a regular character. Need I go on?

I however need my share of Stargate. If TPTB can't provide me with it then I can at least get my share of Stargate on the forum.

So you're not watching because you think a yet-to-be season of Atlantis will suck based on random tidbits of info? Why even watch TV at all?

At the very least watch the season premiere before you starting rating something.

ShadowMaat
March 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM
And yet some people can't wait for the new season to start and are already squeeing about a "yet-to-be-seen" season, basing their enthusiasm on those self-same "random tidbits of info." Why is that more acceptable? And if people can be psyched because a favorite character is going to be in an ep, why can't they be displeased when a character they don't like is going to be in an ep? Or in this case, many eps?

At the very least watch the season premiere before you starting rating something.
Indeed. Just remember that the advice works both ways. ;)

But I'm digressing. No one that anyone actually cares about is going to die in the premiere, unless there are some tongue-in-cheek fans supporting the Red Shirts and other random background characters. :D

As for the season-at-large, I'd say the only guarantee is that Shep and McKay will both live, with Ronon's and Teyla's survival being extremely likely (unless RL opts out to spend time with her kidlet).

SierraGolf-OneNiner
March 12th, 2008, 07:18 PM
So you're not watching because you think a yet-to-be season of Atlantis will suck based on random tidbits of info? Why even watch TV at all?

It's not just because of what I read in the spoilers. It is mainly because I gave TPTB about 20 hours of my life (Season 4) and was except for a few episodes completely disappointed. I lost my faith in them. I just couldn't take that crap anymore. Give me a reason to believe that burned out writers who have absolutely no fresh ideas left in them could possibly make a decent Season 5 after their failure with Season 4. For comparison. I would rewatch all 20 episodes of Season 1 in a heartbeat. They are that good. Season 2 had 19 episodes equally as good while Season 3 had only 18 episodes left I would rewatch. Now comes Season 4 with 9 episodes with rewatchvalue and only three of them are outstanding while the other six are at best mediocre.

I know there are those who think Season 4 was the best Season ever. I can't understand those people nor do I want to attack anyones opinion but portraying women only as sex objects and plotholes all over the place plus unengaging and unintelligent stories where you most of the time already know what is going to happen (too predictable outcomes) isn't my idea of quality entertainment. Flame me all you want. That is just my opinion.

Mitchell82
March 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
how so?

:indeed:

like I said it they won't kill her. none of the original team members will ever die imo. even MS didn't die in Meridian ;)
Well he did at the time...sorta..;)

that's an interesting theory. it's based on one pic? I'm just curious...
I'm curious too because how can that be said from one itty bitty photo?

Jumper_One
March 12th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Well he did at the time...sorta..;)

no he didn't, Daniel ascended

I'm curious too because how can that be said from one itty bitty photo?

don't get me wrong, I'm just curious. VSS's theory is very interesting, I hadn't thought of that. but it might be a little too complicated to solve the season finale imo

mr_kennedy
March 12th, 2008, 11:12 PM
the liasson guy in season 1 i forget his name but he was a go between taylor/atlantis and her people he had two boys :D (i know he wasnt in the finale but i never really liked him)

Mitchell82
March 12th, 2008, 11:15 PM
no he didn't, Daniel ascended
True.

don't get me wrong, I'm just curious. VSS's theory is very interesting, I hadn't thought of that. but it might be a little too complicated to solve the season finale imo
Me too and I like the idea but why do I have a bad feeling if that's the case?*remembers the bashing that TLM got with the time thing*

Falcon Horus
March 13th, 2008, 05:53 AM
the liasson guy in season 1 i forget his name but he was a go between taylor/atlantis and her people he had two boys :D (i know he wasnt in the finale but i never really liked him)

Halling, you mean, who had btw one son, Jinto... who is probably dead already since he was nowhere in sight. Wex, the other youngling was Jinto's friend.

And it's TEYLA - see, when you're not there half the time, and the other half you're wallpaper, people seem to forget what you're called. :p

ShadowMaat
March 13th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Ah. That answers my question about who Taylor is. ;)

I doubt Jinto is dead. Give him another season or three and he'll pop up again for some random and totally contrived reason before disappearing again. :P

Falcon Horus
March 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I doubt Jinto is dead. Give him another season or three and he'll pop up again for some random and totally contrived reason before disappearing again. :P

Entirely in the realm of possibilities... :p