Should there be another Promethius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should there be another Promethius?

Not talking about the class but how about a new 304 with the name Promethius? After all that was Earth's first battlecruiser and proved herself in quite a few nasty situations. Do you think there should be a Promethius-B in honour of the x-303? Similar to the Enterprise "linage" in star trek.

Yerp, a new class of ship that has a resembelance to the prommie and be called prometheus would be great.

Comment

Like...the Stargate Enterprise?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Like...the Stargate Enterprise?
        I would rather say like the Enterprise of Stargate. But before anyone comes up with the copying star trek thing, this happens in RL quite often.

Comment

i think there should be but yet. maybe in a few stargate years.

Comment

As military ships go, the first ship is usually the name of the class.

Prometheus class could possibly be a light cruiser.

But you cant name a 304 after Prometheus because, a 303 class already had that name.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Actually how about naming an X-304 "Enterprise"? Not because of Star Trek but after the two US aircraft carriers named "Enterprise" (One Yorktown-class, the other Nimitz-class).
              sigpic
              sig by Starlover1990

Comment

I could see them making a 303 for planetary defense, but for offense the 304s rule.

Comment

It was said that the Prometheus and her complement of 8, F-302's could take on three of Anubis's Hataks, but now that i think about it, i doubt if she could handle even one.

Comment

I didn't like the BC-303s really. I love the 304's. So name wise sure. Designed no thanks.

Comment

I think that there should be more 303's. Not every Navy ship is an aircraft carrier. There are different ships for different purposes.

The Promie was a great first time ship and was a sound design. If you were to build new ones with our upgraded tech, the would make a great compliment to the 304's.
                      sigpic

Comment

303, yes; a 304 named prometheus, no
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                          . Not every Navy ship is an aircraft carrier. There are different ships for different purposes.
                          Yes, thats common knowledge. But Aircraft carriers are the only modern capital ships. They are extremely important and extremely expensive vessels compared to anything else in any Navy. Mere Destroyers or Cruisers are not worthy of such names. Also the two ships I mentioned each have honorable service records. Aircraft carriers are undoubtably ships worthy of having a "Name-chain".
                          sigpic
                          sig by Starlover1990

Comment

A new 303 ?
                            NO, its a waist of resources and it was a really bad design.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                              A new 303 ?
                              NO, its a waist of resources and it was a really bad design.
                              How So?

Sure it didn't look as good, but it got the job done didn't it.

Comment

Working...
                              X