How much will Sheppard tell the others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much will Sheppard tell the others?

John obviously left a detail or two out of his story (i.e., Rodney's hair), but do you think he told the others the whole of their fates in the other future?
    sigpic

Most likely nothing about their individual fates. Or the status of Earth.

Comment

^^ Why?

Comment

I don't think he'd say anything outright about personal things. I'm sure he shared all pertinent information regarding Teyla and Michael, but probably nothing to Ronon or Carter or McKay about their fates. Regarding Keller, I do think he would share the information about exposure to the Hoffan drug, but probably not the fact that she died. And he might encourage McKay and Keller as it relates to their relationship, but he wouldn't tell them outright that they'd fallen in love in the other timeline.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          ^^ Why?
          Because it might change the outcome in a bad way. For instance Keller might totally outright ignore and avoid McKay if she knew and they would never get together.

Comment

I think like Tealc did in 'Unending' he'll keep it quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
              Because it might change the outcome in a bad way. For instance Keller might totally outright ignore and avoid McKay if she knew and they would never get together.
              And Shep would hold back information just in case? I don't see it...

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                I think like Tealc did in 'Unending' he'll keep it quiet.
                yeah that's what I thought too. also most thing won't happen anyway so there'd be no point in telling them
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I don't think Sam would let him say anything to anyone. And John is smart enough to know that he's walking a fine line. Too much information can make things worst. He'll probably just say where they can find Teyla and how immportant it is for Michael not to get her baby. Maybe casually warn Keller to be carefull with the Hoffan drug. But nothing too personal or reveling.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think he would reveal some but not all. I think he might reveal Michael's dominance if they don't save Teyla and son, but I don't think he'd tell the particulars of what happened to them. Nor do I think he'll push McKay towards Keller (unless it's very subtle).
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                      I think he would reveal some but not all. I think he might reveal Michael's dominance if they don't save Teyla and son, but I don't think he'd tell the particulars of what happened to them. Nor do I think he'll push McKay towards Keller (unless it's very subtle).
                      agreed. I have to admit though, I'd love to see ronon's reaction to learning he died fighting side by side with a wraith. sheppard just might want to keep that to himself.
                      Last edited by naamiaiset; 10 March 2008, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Sam would know enough from all her time travel eps to tell him not to say anything that could make a paradox.

agreed. I have to admit though, I'd love to see ronon's reaction to learning he died fighting side by side with a wraith. sheppard just might want to keep that to himself
                        I would love to see ronon's reaction if he was told..

Comment

i think he may divulge things that led to their demise, like keller's hoffan drug exposure, and carter's ambush to prevent these things from happening. Tealc i believe may have told landry of how he died (if he got cancer suddenly). As those things may only do good and the guilt you would experiance from just letting people die when the knowlege to prevent it was available.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            John obviously left a detail or two out of his story (i.e., Rodney's hair), but do you think he told the others the whole of their fates in the other future?
                            i would! if sheppard went all through this to come back and change the future (and save himself too), then why only go halfway? I'D TELL THEM EVERYTHING and make sure the bad stuff doesn't happen.

Spoiler:
                            ronon left because things were already going bad -and sheppard was gone- so i don't see him leaving.

find teyla and save her life. and her baby's.

keller needs to take more careful procedures to make sure she's not getting infected.

IF sam ends up having the phoenix, let her know about it's weaknesses. (and don't fight michael's ships) in fact, if you're going to have the phoenix, get out of the pegasus galaxy!

i'd also let mckay *and* keller know about their short but sweet relationship. as a friend of mckay's and knowing how much she meant to him, i'd push that along.

so yeah, i'd let them know.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i'd also let mckay *and* keller know about their short but sweet relationship. as a friend of mckay's and knowing how much she meant to him, i'd push that along.
                              Except that it might have the opposite effect. Or the circumstances for them to get together might never arise, making it a moot point. If it's going to happen naturally, then it's going to happen naturally. The Stargate rule of thumb seems to be to keep quiet about stuff that people maybe shouldn't know/wouldn't want to know. Minimal unnecessary timeline contamination, as Sam might put it.

Comment

Working...
                              X